April 28, 2024, 11:31:19 PM

Poll

Providing we make it into the next round which T&T player you think will make the CONCACAF All-Stars Team this year.

Angus Eve
0 (0%)
Stern John
4 (7.4%)
Kenwyne Jones
0 (0%)
Cornell Glen
4 (7.4%)
Marvin Andrews
22 (40.7%)
Kelvin Jack
1 (1.9%)
Shaka Hislop
0 (0%)
Silvio Spann
5 (9.3%)
Aurtis Whitley
0 (0%)
Christopher Birchall
12 (22.2%)
Collin Samuel
0 (0%)
Dennis Lawrence
2 (3.7%)
Avery John
1 (1.9%)
Cyd Gray
1 (1.9%)
Carlos Edwards
1 (1.9%)
Jason Scotland
0 (0%)
Brent Rahim
0 (0%)
Densill Theobald
0 (0%)
David Atiba Charles
0 (0%)
Anton Pierre
0 (0%)
None
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Thread For T&T vs Colombia.  (Read 30500 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread For T&T vs Colombia.
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2005, 05:00:54 PM »
I Think Flex needs to close out and delete this thread, because there is really nothing constructive that can be said about that game/Trinidad's performance......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:12 PM »
what rahim do?  i didn't see or hear it

wha rahim do?????????????????
d man score a classic own goal boy
man showed no nerves under pressure in d box
calmly slotted it in
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2005, 05:01:55 PM »
Sighs.. I really hope Marvin Ok oui..  As soon as he come off. BOOM goal score.!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2005, 05:03:52 PM »
Jeez, can someone tell me EXACTLY what happen to Dog, he fell down? did he pull up, was he grimiscing in pain. Lord, I knew the man should not have been playing so many games in such a short period.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2005, 05:06:19 PM »
Dog is a champion
d rest of d side is shit
every last man
As soon as he walk off goal in we ass

Seriously after watchin dat game, we can't trap, we can't pass and we cannot kick. Every kick cyd gray make look like it comin off d wrong part of his foot.
Stern tryin to screen but cah even trap and too weak to screen.
Birchall lookin like d hot weather jus have him weak.
Rahim is d best finisher on d squad.
Spann cause d last goal. he watch a man walk in d box with d ball and d man jus fire a bullet in we ass.

men who should never don a trinidad jersey again:
cyd gray
brent rahim
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2005, 05:07:18 PM »
Fellas I ain't blaming Jack for dat second goal but he does have problems with dat low shot away from his body although he's save bullet to him.

jusme

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2005, 05:07:26 PM »
Sighs.. I really hope Marvin Ok oui..  As soon as he come off. BOOM goal score.!!!!

Marvin's health is the most important thing right now.

Other than that I really hope Beenie learn a lesson about his persisting with Stern, Cyd and others.   I really try not to beat down men personally on this board, but it hurtful to see a coach sticking with men game after game when they literally throwing away our chances to move in a positive direction.

After the Honduras game, the long layoff since the Mexico game was blamed for the shaky performance.  I hope that doesn't say anything about what we should expect on August 17th after this long layoff coming up.  Especially coming off this disappointing performance.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2005, 05:07:42 PM »
I will not question the coaches tactics yet.!!!  Keep the faith fellahs.!!! I am sure there was a plan by the coach.. The tactic employed in this goal cup IS NOT the same tactic used in the panama NOR mexico games..  Please take note of that!!!!!

Beenie himself say, he was aiming to do well in this tournament, so as far as that objective is concerned he has failed.  I have no choice but to question his tactics, even though I was very impressed by the improvement, we showed in the last 2 qualifiers.  If it was BSC making the same team selection we woulda be cussin.
[/b]

Bertille would not have even known what team to take. Forget bertille he is a failure and a waste of time. We came third in the GC qualifiers beaten by both JA and cuba. And lets not forget St vincent. What I must admit however, is that we are scraping the bottom of the barrell looking for players. RAhim, Avery John, Gray, samuel, theobold, Jack, Scotland and to some extent Glen not up to international standard. I dont see any players on the horizon. I seriously think that with the exit of Yorke and Latapy our football is about to revert to fighting up with Grenada, st vincernt and barbados. Even Panama has surpassed us. This, while we have the big man from fifa running our football. The savior and godfather who couldnt keep his own team from failure in the PFL.

I saw some guys beatong dodoop and iron while we losing with about 1 minute to go. Symptomatic of the Trini mentality. And we want to know why we could never succeed.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2005, 05:07:51 PM »
I dunno about everybody else.  I aint about to give Beeni Man no big setta rope after the overall poor performances and outrageous player selection.  He knew exactly what he was getting into and came aboard any way.  Granted he is still auditioning players but the play on the field for the Gold Cup in no way mirrored what I saw against Mexico.  Time was never on his side, so that is not an excuse.  At the end of the day my gripe is with the player selection.

Yes, injuries are a part of the game but the remaining pieces just did not fit or look capable of doing the job.  

I hope Dog is not hurt seriously but we all saw how the knee was hyper extended when he landed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:10:05 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2005, 05:14:06 PM »
i jus cah stop talkin bout dis poor performance nah
i eh blamin beenie atall cuz from what i see all a dem shitty
d man know dat
everybody on d site callin for some other man to play but really and truly beenie watchin dem men in training everyday and know that the rest even shittier than those we seein.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2005, 05:14:53 PM »
I'm over here in this baseball country begging people to buy Soca Warriors Wristbands back home, to go to our games, to support the warriors effort. How can I continue to do so in the face of such DISMAL performances. I don't mind losing but to lose in this manner is ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL. I have friends that saying T&T always break their hearts and disappoint them, HOW I'm going to beg people to keep the faith after this. I didn't see the game but I suspect Mr. Stern John had a GREAT game as usual and lets not forget Mr. Physcho Cyd Gray. DAMN IT.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »
I'm beginning to believe supporting Trinidad football is a lost cause.Let meh go toTrack and Field and support Brown,Burns and dem .

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
sub stern and play ato
we need speed up front
lara could rip men in d middle even with his belly

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »
Although beenieman say one thing ,lets hope he was using this tournamentfor other reasons other than advancing.

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2005, 05:24:11 PM »
I am going and be a closet Soca Warrior fan. 8) 8)  Me eh saying nothing about football at work or to dem "hot and cold Trini football fan."  After that refreshing display of football, I could understand why man does find it hard to pay $200 to go in de Stadium and cheer.  ::) ::)  

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2005, 05:58:02 PM »
Forumites, I feeling de pain and disappointment too, but leh we be examples of the warrior spirit in de face of adversity. We cyar expect our Soca Warriors to give dey all when we as supporter want to give up.
We have problems with the way the team played and Beeenie's player sellection in de Gold Cup. Let's try to find a way to convey our present impression of the team constructively to the "powers that be" to incite positive change.
A very crucial WCQ is coming up in Aug and hands down...we must be prepared. I think it is important for us to have warm up games with teams that can bring out the best in us. We need to play teams like Jamaica, Cuba and some big names. Only with strong resistance can we will build strenght as a team.
Again ah feel de pain...but warriors doh give up!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2005, 06:00:28 PM »
Fire Brand " From when cometh our strength; it commet from........?" soembody tell meh!!!!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2005, 06:07:07 PM »
Ah wonder if Beenieman have we playing so  defencesive because he ain't have no confidence in dem boys.We ain't attacking atall.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2005, 06:12:59 PM »
Fire Brand " From when cometh our strength; it commet from........?" soembody tell meh!!!!

Aberta Trini, I saw promise in de team when we played Panama and Mex in the WCQs. It is still there, it just went on vacation in Miami ;D
Maybe is weed Beenie does be smoking on de sideline dat does alter his perception...but whatever it is, he know he not looking to good. He will  make change... he doe have a choice. Let's just hope de change is progressive
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »
Seriously I have not given up.  I just need time to recharge my batteries because we played some major nonesense in the 1.5 games I saw, which totally drained me. 

I am still heading to Hartford to give my full support but my expectations have ben greatly lowered. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2005, 06:29:48 PM »
Up-Close With Flex:

You can teach a player to be smart, but you cant teach him to play. I didn't expect us to win the Gold Cup, but I expected a little better showing and more grit from the players, to go down fighting and at least go through to the next round.

When I saw the starting line-up I taught we were going all out for the win, unfortunately I taught wrong. In the first 45 minutes we had one shot on goal, actually a header off a cross from Glen. Leo was quick to notice that he made a possible mistake with his line-up and made 2 changes at the start of the second half.

If we had made it through to the next round it would have done us some good, but say what, this elimination might do us better, we must go home and start work immediately. Our players lack fitness badly and concentration. A lot of miscommunication and man marking problems took place. If we keep chasing the ball then we are digging ourselves into a deep hole.

What I am also concerned about was the fact that we had to win this game and our coach decided to experiment with his line-up. We hired two big time coaches Rene Simoes and now Leo Beenhakker and still not much improvement as our team is still very inconsistent in their mental approach. This will be the second time in a row we fail to get out of the first round of Gold Cup qualification, in all fairness to the coach, maybe our players just aren't good enough. I don't expect overnight success and miracles, but at least a better showing, lets hope we save the best for the World Cup games. And a small note, yes, Leo Beenhakker is making a better difference, I believe he just needs more time and better preparations.

In a nut shell:

Kelvin Jack: Looked good and saved us many times. I still don't think he should be our number one, but lets see if he will improve. Ince should be called back also. But really and truely, Jack did great today, having a good keeper on the bench or for our number one to compete with will only make the starting goalkeeper perform better, this is why I mentioned Ince or Shaka for a matter of fact.

Avery John: Tried his best, got a little aggressive coming to the end because of frustration and lack of support, made some nice long pass.

Marvin Andrews: Played great and looked as if he was playing the last 10 minutes with a slight injury before he was subbed. A good captain.

Dennis Lawrence: As always heart and soul. A good captain.

Cyd Gray: Made three terrible mistakes had it been for Colombia's poor finishing, they would have been up 3-0 in the first half. Definitely not a defender.

Collin Samuel: Didn't do much on the right wing but when he was switched to the left wing, he did look better.

Silvio Spann: Have a deaf touch, he is a must for this team, his only problem seems his fitness level. But again, his one touch is class. Didn't have as good game as the last one against Panama but then again, who did.

Christopher Birchall: Good when he's up to it, but bad when he's not, very in-consistent. Still prefer have him over many because of his work rate, but work must be done, I love how he like's to take shots on goal, but it seems there's some static between the players because Birchall wasn't getting much balls pass to him, I could be wrong or maybe he just wasn't finding the space to get the ball, it seemed the heat was also a factor in his case ?

Cornell Glen: He should just stick to being a striker and a super sub, he didn't do good on the left wing.

Jason Scotland: Again, good lay off of the ball, dont know if he's playing under Leo's instructions, but an average player indeed.

Stern John: Fell down once in the first half, but represented his name "Stern Fall" in the second half, poor game, could have scored 2 goals for the least. His style of play makes it hard for him to play the lone striker role. He did look better than the previous 2 games though, but then again, he didn't get much service.

Subs:

Angus Eve: Came on and didn't to anything special.

Brent Rahim: Came on and played good for the first few minutes, but faded a bit and it got worst when he scored the own goal, Jones should have replaced him. But to blame him for the lost, we cant, we lost as a team, keep ya head up Brent.

On the positive note, Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards will make a difference, I hope Atiba Charles is not in the dog house because he's wasn't used and isn't injured until Big Marv got injured then they had no choice but to play him. Brent Sancho may also help once fit. Then there's Clayton Ince and maybe Anton Pierre. Germany awaits us... have faith fellas, this was a good lesson, lets just hope we learn from it.

Final Score:
T&T 0 vs Colombia 2.

Colombia Goal Scorers:
Brent Rahim 76th, Hector Hugo Hurtado 79th.

Team Line-Ups:

TRI:

21-Kelvin Jack, 24-Cyd Gray, 3-Avery John, 4-Marvin Andrews (2-Atiba Charles 75th), 6-Dennis Lawrence, 7-Christopher Birchall, 10-Jason Scotland (12-Brent Rahim 46th), 9-Silvio Spann, 20-Collin Samuel, 13-Cornell Glen (8-Angus Eve 46th), 14-Stern John (capt).

Booked:
Christopher Birchall 48th, Kelvin Jack 57th, Avery John 87th.

COL:
1-Farid Mondragon (capt), 3-Jose Julian De la Cuesta, 4-Humberto Mendoza, 8-Aldo Leo Ramirez, 13-Yulian Anchico, 15-Jaime Castrillon, 17-Jario Patino (16-Hector Hugo Hurtado 67th), 18-Martin Arzuaga (6-Juan Carlos Ramirez 78th), 19-Juan Fernando Leal (9-Wason Liberado Renteria 52nd), 21-Abel Aguilar, 23-Oscar Enrique Passo.

Booked:
Farid Mondragon 48th.

Total Shots/Headers:
Christopher Birhall (2), Collin Samuel (1), Stern John (3), Avery John (1), Total = 7.

Free Kicks:
18 (TRI),  10 (COL).

Corners:
1 (TRI), 10 (COL).

Colombia Shot/Headers:

Off-Side:
1 (TRI), 3 (COL).

Other Results:
USA 0 v CRC 0.
CAN 2 (Ali Gerba, Atiba Hutchinson), v Cuba 1 (Alain Cervantes).
HON 1 (Jorge Samuel Caballeros) v PAN 0.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:44:00 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2005, 07:18:10 PM »
Agreed Flex...
Although I still believe this was experimentation,  I am sure we will see a different team when is WCQ. They have no way a team could play like that and 1 month later the same team playing so bad. I really feel Beenie know the USA scouting our team so they know how to plan, when they watch them 3 games they go say, but wait nah that team really shitty, and we go shock them wid the brand come wcq. I hope what ah saying is true, even if I doh fully beleive it mihself.
Every coach will say we coming to this tournament to do well, no coach will say we coming to see how long we could hold a team off from scoring...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »
leme address some points.

first and foremost, OUR TEAM IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED AND HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN OUR MIDFIELD! the ball was passed back between our defense and then shot up to stern, who would then head it nowehere and fall down crying. that was our game. we played with fire the whole game playing for a draw.

cyd gray tries hard but he just cant cut it at this level yet.same with rahim.what was he thinking ,just boot the ball out!

our defense is good, dog and tallest were great, jack even better!  our offense stinks. we dont have one. we have to play through our midfield more often and get them involved, and keep possession more.this is the key!! then bench stern. thats the other key.

hopefully now our players can get rest.hope dog is ok.
Hart for president

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2005, 08:11:32 PM »
Corners:
1 (TRI), 10 (COL).

Again this stat jumps out at me.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2005, 08:25:11 PM »
Corners:
1 (TRI), 10 (COL).

Again this stat jumps out at me.

how about shots too? whatd we have, like one?
Hart for president

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2005, 04:59:31 AM »
Agreed Flex...
Although I still believe this was experimentation, I am sure we will see a different team when is WCQ. They have no way a team could play like that and 1 month later the same team playing so bad. I really feel Beenie know the USA scouting our team so they know how to plan, when they watch them 3 games they go say, but wait nah that team really shitty, and we go shock them wid the brand come wcq. I hope what ah saying is true, even if I doh fully beleive it mihself.
Every coach will say we coming to this tournament to do well, no coach will say we coming to see how long we could hold a team off from scoring...

This is exactly what I told my cousin after the game.. A totally different tactic was used for this gold cup.. NOTHING close to what was used for the WCQ... Beenie Man I am sure, was trying to mix it up so as throw off the scouts.. If I were a tactical coach, this is what I would have done..!!! I have confidence that this is what was indeed tried by Beenie..

VIVA Los Warriors.!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2005, 06:47:12 PM »
Well that is wishful thinking bra...

Why use important warm-up games for the purpose to throw off scouts and when game time reach and we use de real players and they breating hard after 20 minutes how much we go get so.

I believe Beenhakker was looking for answers and I hope he got some, time will tell...

USA and Mexico have to much pride to make teams like T&T beat them, they expection of thinking is very high and it transpires on the field, as soon as we conceed a goal we does bust... instead of fighting harder to do better like what we did vs Panama, but against Colombia we buss bad, and all teams didn't rest neither, so we cant use that as an excuse. We players have to get fit and fix they attitude, develop a terror attitude,,,, beats me 10 times and ah still not giving up... yuh not passing meh... kick meh, cuff meh, ah still coming... remember Tiger attitude vs USA in we opening game... he never lie down, he fight hard, all we players have to think so, they should be like 11 brothers... have a strong bond and what to represent T&T with ALL they heart and we will do better, be a fanatic, nothing yuh CANT accomplish if you put yuh heart into it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 06:54:23 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2005, 06:57:24 AM »
Fellas and suppose Chris Birchall and Kelivn Jack win goal of the tournament and save of the tournament. They might even make de final concacaf 18, maybe not the final 11 but the final 18 for sure if this happens. So some positives. ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 07:04:19 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>