March 29, 2024, 12:25:16 AM

Author Topic: Dennis heads home  (Read 1815 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis heads home
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:47:54 AM »
Dennis heads for home

Wrexham defender Dennis Lawrence is set to join up with the Dragons' pre-season preparation after Trinidad & Tobago's Gold Cup campaign ended.

Needing at least to avoid defeat to give themselves a chance of progressing to the quarter-finals, following consecutive draws with Honduras and Panama, the Soca Warriors slipped to a 2-0 defeat against Colombia and made an early exit from the competition at the group stages.

Central defender Lawrence played the full 90 minutes against the Colombians in searing heat in Miami.

Wrexham club secretary Geraint Parry said: "Dennis is now on his way back to join the rest of the squad for pre-season training."

teamtalk

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis heads home
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 09:51:37 AM »
This is just my personal opinion.Just like Edwards and Sam ,Lawrence although under contract should  try and leave this club because basically 4th Division football is not doing him any good as a international player.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 09:56:47 AM »
This is just my personal opinion.Just like Edwards and Sam ,Lawrence although under contract should  try and leave this club because basically 4th Division football is not doing him any good as a international player.

He had a good tournament so maybe other teams would have noticed.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:51:25 PM »

he had more than just a good tournament, he was probably our most consistent player! although he never got the praise for it!

I am happy for de way he has improved!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:53:51 PM »

he had more than just a good tournament, he was probably our most consistent player! although he never got the praise for it!

I am happy for de way he has improved!

Completely agree

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »
Yeah, Dennis has steadily improved year after year, I can't believe how solid he generally looks these days. He is  capable of playing well in the League One Championship in my opinion, I don't know if you guys will agree with me, if Stern John could make it in that league then Dennis certainly can.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 01:59:10 PM »
Right now, Lawrence look like the only defender capable of knocking de ball.  Dog is merely a ball winner and good set play option.  Avery needs more composure and less rashness, Cyd Gray is ah wild man.  Atiba needs to be given a better run in the team, because ah feel he have some potential.  Lawrence problem is his age; no club might be willing to invest in him because he is sort of old, relatively speaking.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:13:01 PM »

Agree 100%. This guy was always better than most people gave him credit. He is without a doubt the most comfortable with the ball out of all our defenders. Why? because he played in the midfield early in his career. Maybe we can learn a lesson here and start shaping our defenders. Ian gray, Travis Mulraine, and many of our "midfielders" at home should be trans formed into defenders. We then, most likely, would not have the cyd gray/avery john problem problem of boomkicking and poor passing. we need men more comfortable with ball at their feet on our wing defence.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »
Have to agree with the Lawerence thing, de man real play ball..even fans of Hounduras and Panama said he was great.

1]; } ?>