April 25, 2024, 11:27:20 PM

Author Topic: Goalkeeper  (Read 2820 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goalkeeper
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »
I am left wondering about Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeping coaches and staff. My insight shaka and Ince was better than Jack but jack played . good keeper but not in the same class.Digicel cup I have watched a lot of pro league games and Jan williams loses concentration and does not know when to stay or when to come off his line . Marvin Phillips seem to be the better of the two yet still williams kept. So I am wondering what the staff looks for in a keeper , it amazes me.
The third group game seeing that williams had previously let in a goal a match , how come they did not let the substitute keeper play . I thought the tournament was to be used to see who can handle it at this level, so why only one keeper was used ?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:03:31 AM »
Marvin should have played vs Martinique at half time just to see what he can offer. But Jan performing decent and its hard to just sub him, its nice to see them compete for place (like Jack & Hislop), they will only perform better, the competition between both keepers is very close. Marvin do have an attitude problem though, he does also lose his head fast too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:06:29 AM by Flex »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »
well i know marvin was 1st choice at u17 that was 5 yrs ago....things change i really dont know who better but they cant be much of a difference wrt keeping ability maybe their attitude maybe what separates them and gives 1 the edge over the other ah just guessing

but one thing i can say is we have been producing some damn good keepers over the years and from what i hearing it seems like that will continue with those 2   22yr old keepers we have
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:53:18 AM »
Marvin should have played vs Martinique at half time just to see what he can offer. But Jan performing decent and its hard to just sub him, its nice to see them compete for place (like Jack & Hislop), they will only perform better, the competition between both keepers is very close. Marvin do have an attitude problem though, he does also lose his head fast too.
personally...i think marvin  better....but for real a keeper and ah outfield player different.....once a keeer doing well he needs to keep playing in order to build consistecy....jan did well.....and marvin will get his chance soon...he jus have to keep his head.....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
Locally we have a long way to go with goalkeeping. Williams okay, but at international level he will not see his way. How do they choose the ggoalkeeping staff for the national team? Is it who have been playing the longest or who's qualified or what? How are they using Lincoln Phillips?  We need to do a lot more.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:23:20 PM »
Jan does have meh heart beating overtime plenty less than Jack but I don't thiink he has really been tested internationally yet.
I still have a few doubts bout him. That Austria performance was lil sus too.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »
ya hadda let keepers build confidence....
cant have them in and out so...

keepers need that confidence to build on...

jan good...he jus need some games to get dem nerves out which i tink he been doin...
cah jump ship so quick cause of  one mistake

watch paul robinson....he make a mistakeand Baptista score his 2nd...he still one of the best in the world and cah loss that england spot so...
he go make mistakes..let him learn..he young

our other senior keepers gettin older...could keep them around..preferably warner and jack

but hadda give dem youth men a chance sometime
never know..might be able to secure a contract for all ya know
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:50:15 PM by AZZURRI »

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:22:05 AM »
The first goal Harbor View score on Connection is another example of  Jan's lapses. He need a coach to drill him cause these lapses could be fatal.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »
The first goal Harbor View score on Connection is another example of  Jan's lapses. He need a coach to drill him cause these lapses could be fatal.

Anybody care to describe how the goal score?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 11:30:29 AM »
He fumble the ball onto a Jamaican foot. It rebound into the path of another Jamaican for a tap in.

The game on ttproleague.com.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
ya hadda let keepers build confidence....
cant have them in and out so...

watch paul robinson....he make a mistakeand Baptista score his 2nd...he still one of the best in the world and cah loss that england spot so...
he go make mistakes..let him learn..he young

Robinson has not been having a solid season.  Would not and is not a world's top-10 GK.  As the men on Fox Football Fone In were saying:  there are about three younger GKs that should be given a chance to merit their chance to be England's #1.  Green, Carson, Kirkland, and Foster are having better seasons.  Robinson seems to be making a lot of mistakes this season.  I think that McClaren should give a few of the younger ones a chance to play some of the friendlies, to see how they do.

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »
I am left wondering about Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeping coaches and staff. My insight shaka and Ince was better than Jack but jack played . good keeper but not in the same class.Digicel cup I have watched a lot of pro league games and Jan williams loses concentration and does not know when to stay or when to come off his line . Marvin Phillips seem to be the better of the two yet still williams kept. So I am wondering what the staff looks for in a keeper , it amazes me.
The third group game seeing that williams had previously let in a goal a match , how come they did not let the substitute keeper play . I thought the tournament was to be used to see who can handle it at this level, so why only one keeper was used ?

alot of people who were not involved in highly competitive football would make a statement like this one... there are alot of things that go on in training that the PUBLIC does not see. So how can u assume that Jack was not in form during their practices and Shaka played mess... We cannot tell. so just let the coaches do their job and you do yours by supporting. I play college soccer in the US and i see it everyday. Fans wondering  why certain players do not play, but it is because of either poor attitude of poor performances off the field

1]; } ?>