April 26, 2024, 10:30:54 AM

Author Topic: Scott Sealy  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Scott Sealy
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
What really went wrong with Scott Sealy in this tournament?After the Bds game he never got ah chance to prove himself or after the first game Wim jus say he is ah waste,he was about to come on in the final but didn't.Wah happen dey?
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Scott Sealy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »
What happen they is a man who was given he chance and falter.  A man who, if he doh rip up MLS next season, will be able to look back and tell exactly when his Intl career stalled.  I wonder if Glasgow and Roberts would tear up the MLS?

Really though I think if given more minutes Sealy may have produced, as for why he was not, will be a mystery, unless Flex one day ask Wim.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 09:22:25 PM by Mr Mc »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »
What really went wrong with Scott Sealy in this tournament?After the Bds game he never got ah chance to prove himself or after the first game Wim jus say he is ah waste,he was about to come on in the final but didn't.Wah happen dey?

I tink is simple. He had ah bad game against Barbados and de man (Roberts) who replace him went from strength to strength, so Sealy did not have a chance to redeem himself. Maybe if he had scored dat chance (de one dat came orf de post) against Barbados it would have been a different story.

Me eh know de reason why he eh come orn in de final, but it was already late, it was ah cobo sweat he woulda get.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »
The more I see of Sealy the more I realize why he watch the WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »
The more I see of Sealy the more I realize why he watch the WC

Sealy is a good player. It is unfortunate what happen in the Digicel Tournament but that's the life of a professional footballer. When you get a chance you have to make the best out of it.

Players work so hard to get to the top but when they get there they have to work 3 times as hard to stay there. Any slip up and you will slide. Watch how easy some players career does come to an end.

Kingman
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:20:29 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 06:53:31 AM »
I feel he get a raw deal. The man get barely more than half a game against Barbados when the whole team play shite, and then he never get a chance again. From #1 striker to 4th choice based on 60+ minutes.

Everybody entitled to a bad game and his game was no worse than Glasgow who throw-away a million chances and beat instead of passing or shooting in front of the goal. But I guess Glasgow do the right thing cause if he had pass one of his umpteenth chances when he get caught beating in the 6yard box, Sealy mighta get a tap-in and Glasgow woulda be the one to get bench.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 07:15:09 AM »
I feel he get a raw deal. The man get barely more than half a game against Barbados when the whole team play shite, and then he never get a chance again. From #1 striker to 4th choice based on 60+ minutes.

Everybody entitled to a bad game and his game was no worse than Glasgow who throw-away a million chances and beat instead of passing or shooting in front of the goal. But I guess Glasgow do the right thing cause if he had pass one of his umpteenth chances when he get caught beating in the 6yard box, Sealy mighta get a tap-in and Glasgow woulda be the one to get bench.

you are not wrong, but its because of a scenario like this why when you get your moment, you cannot falter.
Imagine no Stern, No Scotland, No Kenwyne, No Glen and you let a college boy and a PFL player out shine you, and yuh just drop 10 on them in the MLS...tsk tsk tsk.

But maybe we are being a lil harsh, only 11 men could play at a time and he just did not get on the field enough, Cause like you say with more minutes he too would have been able to make up for his miss, and I dont doubt that he would have.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
"raw deal" is an under statement....i think is lack of respect....from coaching staff
stern had umpteen "bad games" during the WC qualifiers....coach stuck with him and he pull thru in the end
Scott had 1 bad game along with the whole team...and he got the shitty end of the stick...
roberts played well but he eh no pure striker..he is a midfielder at best
i expect to see him startin in panama and costa rica cuz we will need goals and i eh feel we gettin them from roberts any time soon

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:45:41 AM »
"raw deal" is an under statement....i think is lack of respect....from coaching staff
stern had umpteen "bad games" during the WC qualifiers....coach stuck with him and he pull thru in the end
Scott had 1 bad game along with the whole team...and he got the shitty end of the stick...
i expect to see him startin in panama and costa rica cuz we will need goals and i eh feel we gettin them from roberts any time soon

what raw deal men talking about?  That is football.  You eh take your chance, a next man will take it.  Sealy didn't do well in the first game, and the man who replaced him played well and continued to produce.  With that Sealy got relegated to the bench. 

What is so disrespectful about that?

As anyone who knows anything about football will tell you, a four team round robin is a real dog fight as you cannot afford to drop points in your first game.  We did that, and so Wim had to make changes right away to get full points in the second game.

If Sealy is as good as many profess, he will take this in stride like the professional footballer he is, and come stronger and better next time.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 09:57:28 AM »

what raw deal men talking about?  That is football.  You eh take your chance, a next man will take it.  Sealy didn't do well in the first game, and the man who replaced him played well and continued to produce.  With that Sealy got relegated to the bench. 

What is so disrespectful about that?

As anyone who knows anything about football will tell you, a four team round robin is a real dog fight as you cannot afford to drop points in your first game.  We did that, and so Wim had to make changes right away to get full points in the second game.

If Sealy is as good as many profess, he will take this in stride like the professional footballer he is, and come stronger and better next time.

Excellent post Jahyouth.  He eh get no raw deal.  I feel it for him, but dat's football.  I am glad that we have a quality striker on de bench waiting to pounce if Roberts or Glasgow mess up. 

Sealy has great potential.  He will hopefully be able to bounce back from this tournament.  Keep yuh head up breds.  Many on de board know yuh have it  :beermug:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »
Who knows he coulda be poopsin in training too.
Them Dutch coaches big on attitude in training...and not changing a winning side.

Plus Wim woulda have plenty opportunity to assess Sealy prior to the WC.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
The night still young for Sealey. This disappointment for Sealey should be a catalyst for him  to stay focus when he comes to play for the national team.  It is not a forgone conclusion  that he is going to walk on the team. He has to EARN his pick. I think he should still in the 2010 plans.

Stay focus Scott!!!!!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 12:37:04 PM »
Sealy is a good player and should get a run out in the Costa Rica and Panama matches.

he just get on wim wrong side I guess with poor performances in Austria and Back home now.

but he go must come back strong hopefully he is working hard in training and not sulking

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
men talking about?  That is football.  You eh take your chance, a next man will take it.  Sealy didn't do well in the first game, and the man who replaced him played well and continued to produce.  With that Sealy got relegated to the bench. 

He get a raw deal in that NOBODY did well in the first game...but is Sealy who take the fall. If Glasgow had get bench after the first game, Sealy coulda be in a position to put away all them chances that Glasgow miss. It was just a hard luck thing and he was the unlucky one and Glasgow get the chance to end up top scorer
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 02:55:15 PM »
I personally thought that Scott woulda get the start with Roberts to see how they link up in the first Haiti game, seeing that we were virtuall assured of qualifying. I guess, WIM really wanted to win the group or he see something in training or on the field that I didn't see.

At any rate, I not worried about Scott. He is a competitor and he is young. He wil create other chances, and if he's worth it, he will take some of them. Men already talking about end of career and whatnot....like they dne forget men like hardest and glasgow getting umpteen chances...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »
i Think his work ethic is exceptionally poor and that is why he got dropped. He hasn't worked hard enough in the games I've seen him play and the coach agreed with my assessment because I believe he said it in the post match interview of the Barbados game.

Scott Sealy to me is very overrated. He has been down the pecking order for sometime now, and as someone mentioned before...No Jones, Stern John, Scotland, Wolfe and he still gets dropped for a 30 pro league striker and a young player...that says it all.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
From what i hear , Sealy thought that being a player that almost made it to the world cup and with the players selected that he was an automatic pick. I heard that in training that his relationship and attitude towards other players left alot to be desired by the coach.

After the  game against Barbados, i spoke to our coach briefly and he said that anyone he had with discipline problems will be kicked of his team .

Sealy needs to work for his pick. Just like any other player .

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
From what i hear , Sealy thought that being a player that almost made it to the world cup and with the players selected that he was an automatic pick. I heard that in training that his relationship and attitude towards other players left alot to be desired by the coach.

After the  game against Barbados, i spoke to our coach briefly and he said that anyone he had with discipline problems will be kicked of his team .

Sealy needs to work for his pick. Just like any other player .

Sealy wasnt around for the Cornell banishment, he cyah learn from the mistakes of others.  Oh well.  Lots of time to think while riding the bench.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:20 PM »
Sealy first touch was poor in the Bimshire game. As far as I remember in his 60 mins he was not involved in the game. Robets came in and immediately got an opportunity.

Maybe he did get a raw deal but the fact is Wim wanted to win. If he was truly a cut above the rest I doubt he would have been benched.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 05:18:22 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 08:02:40 AM »
Sealy blew his chance!!

Against Barbados, he barely touched the ball.  I think he is a better player than Galsgow, but Glasgow had a higher work rate in that game.

I really think it was because he thought that was the most senior player there (in terms of playing outside), and thought he coulda pull ah big boy thing!!

Roberts came on and took his chance...........nothing is worng with that!

Sealy has to work hard in training and show the coaching staff that he can produce.

ps: From de time when i read that sealy say that he was pleased with his performance against Austria, i realise that he going and pop down with Wim!

No Stern, no Jones, no Scotland, no Glen, no Samuel and u still on de bench..........he mustbe want to kill himself!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 08:31:52 AM »
You have to remember that all them names you clall playing regularly with their school or club team... The MLS on break how long now??? The man have no match fitness... Bring him in the middle of the MLS season and I am sure you will see a different Sealy...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 08:39:48 AM »
You have to remember that all them names you clall playing regularly with their school or club team... The MLS on break how long now??? The man have no match fitness... Bring him in the middle of the MLS season and I am sure you will see a different Sealy...

the man should be rested and fit.
its not like he has lit it up the other times he run out for Trini, he need to step it up.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 09:02:05 AM »

its not like he has lit it up the other times he run out for Trini, he need to step it up.

you ever play professional football???
when u have down time yuh need tuh get games in....it eh have nuttin bout rested and fit

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »
Rested and fit is one thing, but lack of match practice will cause some of the worlds best to look ordinary..

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 10:50:03 AM »

you ever play professional football???
when u have down time yuh need tuh get games in....it eh have nuttin bout rested and fit

I never played professional basketball either but i could also tell you that a man coming into the game with fresh legs should be able to run harder than most on the court.
Most on here agree that, his workrate and effort in the game is what was most glearing and lacking, so allyuh stay there and feel that lack of games is why he poop himself.

1]; } ?>