May 26, 2024, 03:19:12 AM

Author Topic: Wim vs Leo  (Read 2607 times)

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Wim vs Leo
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:48:49 AM »
Is it too early to see the differences in style of play, selection of players etc ??

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim vs Leo
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Beenhakker was more afraid of getting embrass than winning or tieing a game in the world cup, he should have also start Latapy vs England and Paraguay. Wim mess up in the last game vs Haiti, he should have used all his subs....

Both good coaches, but needs to be more creative, more flair, but good defensive. If Leo was given another chance in the world cup I am sure he would have done something different. Still like him for taking us there....

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
As tempted as I might be, ah believe it a lil too early. Leo has a proven record and it wouldn't be fair to him to match him up with Wim untill Wim gets a little farther in de campaign. My hope is that Wim works out to be better.. I like his style, tolerance & bravery.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:12:29 AM »
Beenhakker was more afraid of getting embrass than winning or tieing a game in the world cup, he should have also start Latapy vs England and Paraguay. Wim mess up in the last game vs Haiti, he should have used all his subs....

Both good coaches, but needs to be more creative, more flair, but good defensive. If Leo was given another chance in the world cup I am sure he would have done something different. Still like him for taking us there....

A question sando would you prefer for us to play open  get embarassed get 6-7 goals or put player behind the ball when we lorse posession making it harder fuh us to get beat.... Leo tactics was based on the quality of  players  we had and the oppositon we faced...

Whim now is rebuilding  to early to say
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 10:15:54 AM »
Leo did what we asked him to do. Qualify!!!. After that, anything else was icening on the cake. Wim case is different. He must build on that foundation. He is developing his own squad(if TTFF don't mess up). He will be under more scrutiny because he has time on his hand unlike LEO.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »
It is extremely difficult (probably improssible) to compare the two in an objective manner at this point. To be honest, I am not sure we will ever be able to. If Wim had taken over T&T when we were dead last in the Hex, didn't know the players that well, help us qualify for the WC, then we could talk. Right now, Wim has the luxury of time that Leo did not have. Wim also knows the players quite a bit better now than Leo could have and he has a WC under his belt with T&T ballers, to know what went right and what went wrong during the buildup and the tourney. Leo had none of that. Under Wim, T&T hasn't met a USA, Mexico, CR or teams anywhere that calibre. At the same time..I think WIm is under more pressure to succeed. He has been given more time, plus we have tasted the golden apple and want more. Arguably, the expectations are higher for Wim than they were for Beenie. Wim also looking at possibly missing out on some of our top foreign-based pros. So it hard for me to talk about who willing to play more attacking football and who more willing to try locals, because the circumstances seem to completely different.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »
I think a manager's success is inherent to his pesonnel as well as his ability to lead such, as well as factors and support of his peers and superiors, besides his own personal skills.
That being said, for me it would be difficult to judge, and maybe only the players who have experienced both, may be able to make that assessment.

ps: just read Filho...that plus the particular coach development ability...How much development did Leo have to do, given he had our very best ? Hard to say.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
dont know why the comparison when Wim is only a temporary coach until closer to the WC when Leo comes back. Question ...you think Leo would recommend a person who could upstage him in the event things dont work out at his other venture ? Remember T&T have plenty money now ...we could give ah reporter $ 250 000 bonus for writing propoganda for de TTFF... and $1000000 to a player who was replaced by another for the trip who himself got a $1000000 as well !

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:25:54 PM »
dont know why the comparison when Wim is only a temporary coach until closer to the WC when Leo comes back. Question ...you think Leo would recommend a person who could upstage him in the event things dont work out at his other venture ? Remember T&T have plenty money now ...we could give ah reporter $ 250 000 bonus for writing propoganda for de TTFF... and $1000000 to a player who was replaced by another for the trip who himself got a $1000000 as well !

Thats if Leo comes back something tells me he might not now  ???

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
..... and when FIFA bans Poland, do we give Leo his job back?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:45:08 PM »
..... and when FIFA bans Poland, do we give Leo his job back?

I was just about to ask the same thing.  Things not looking too bright for the Polish FA, and by extension Leo, if the Polish minister have his way.

Although my feeling is that Leo wouldn't necessarily come back here to coach...not so soon after anyway.
All in all it difficult to compare both coaches right now...different team, different circumstances.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »
I could see Leo saying yes...wha. Easy money..
win-win, Yuh lorse,  is TTFF and dey wranglings, yuh win, yuh still ah god...
but

wouldn't that mean we still supportin TTFF, if we show interest...

Me doh want no coach (not even Coops  ;) )until, players benefits(my people business) are in order ! Whoever coaching cyah be training Peter today and have to play Paul tomorrow..
It not fair to anybody

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:25 PM »
leo was able to get the senior players to buy in to his system....
i think wim will be able get that from this new crop of players
but the senior players will always view him as leo's assisstant

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »

Whhhhhey Jai....why would you assume Leo is such an egomaniac? That is quite an assumption - Beenie would not recommend someone who could take us to the WC and upstage him? I eh know what he do to deserve that kinda  :devil: ranks...cough cough Latas WC corbeaux sweat cough cough. Peace Jai..you come out swinging dis rounds

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »

Whhhhhey Jai....why would you assume Leo is such an egomaniac? That is quite an assumption - Beenie would not recommend someone who could take us to the WC and upstage him? I eh know what he do to deserve that kinda  :devil: ranks...cough cough Latas WC corbeaux sweat cough cough. Peace Jai..you come out swinging dis rounds

well i cant prove it yet ..but we will see many things in the fullness of time. my theory is that Leo and Wim not in any competition...not that wim eh good or anything like that...but that they have an arrangement. it is a win win situation for them both in my view that is why i feel the debate is a moot point.
so i expect to see don Leo back and wim making way without a fight .... so for me it is a republic bank /Royal bank arrangement rather than the coke/pepsi thing ...asi es como es !

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »
All this debating and comparisons are a bunch a bull. 
1.  The team now is a completely different situation to when Leo came here (see Filho above)
2.  Leo recommend Wim who was his assistant.  he has no knowledge of how good a coach Wim might become. So the idea that he would not recommend someone who would upstage him is arsinine.
3.  Wim have a responsibility to develop young players into a team.  Leo had seasoned professionals to buy into his system.
4.  Leo started late and had to play frirst of all not to loose and then go for a win.  Wim must win with a team he is developing for the future.
5.  Leo had one year.  Wim has three years.

Very different situations - no comparison.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »
Does Wim have three years? We have to make the hex before we advance from it .
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>