May 01, 2024, 08:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Stern John at Sunderland  (Read 18900 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 3 top Warriors at Suderland!
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »
Still awaiting confirmation but if Stern staying in the Championship, might as well go to Sunderland or a team on the up and up.

I hope fuh de sake of Birchall that Coventry improves as well

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 04:35:02 PM »
I hope this is correct.
I have not found any reference to this any where on www.safc.com or the BBC Football site
Addendum: the news is here now  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/6222283.stm
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:18:40 AM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
Dwight hear  wah , jus geh som more warriors on dah team.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John at Sunderland
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »
If true I am happy for Stern  with the contract but this cannot bode well for T&T. Keane done try convince Yorke to retire from international football. He hinting to Carlos agent about the same thing and now he going and tie up Stern. Probably I seeing it in the wrong light. Three potential starters to leave at the same time for international duty.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »
If true I am happy for Stern with the contract but this cannot bode well for T&T. Keane done try convince Yorke to retire from international football. He hinting to Carlos agent about the same thing and now he going and tie up Stern. Probably I seeing it in the wrong light. Three potential starters to leave at the same time for international duty.

yuh know ah did not  think bout it like dat  , yuh know wat dwight dont bother .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »
Well.....dat take me by suprise. If true...all the best....but.....I woulda expect some official news report or something so. I kinda apprehensive about the fact that 3 trini's playing for one club....that would be a issue for national duty. Hope he make the most of it. If it true....better dey change de name from sunderland to socaland!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »
If true I am happy for Stern  with the contract but this cannot bode well for T&T. Keane done try convince Yorke to retire from international football. He hinting to Carlos agent about the same thing and now he going and tie up Stern. Probably I seeing it in the wrong light. Three potential starters to leave at the same time for international duty.

Ah was looking at dis as ah real big up fuh T&T, in dat ah man of Keane status, really approve the standard of ball de T&T players give on de pitch, cuz dat will be de 3rd player there. Of course, Yorke did put in his words wid Carlos and Stern coming tuh Sunderland, but it will always be Keane's decision, tuh say yes or no. However, on de other hand, we have tuh be careful, cuz of de same thing you stated in your post. We will just have tuh keep ah watchful eye on dis, and see how things move along. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
Im taking this news with a grain of salt because there are no reports of it anywhere, not even the transfer rumor sites. I have seen speculation that Birmingham wanted Stern though...guess well have t wait and see :-\

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
We have to remember that the TTFF talking fu*kry about using a local and college base squard for the next WC.. The boys have to take care of their busine$$ first.

Maybe they are truely considering forgetting international football

Anyhow, It tne news is True.. bravo Bravo !!!
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 05:55:58 PM »
Im taking this news with a grain of salt because there are no reports of it anywhere, not even the transfer rumor sites. I have seen speculation that Birmingham wanted Stern though...guess well have t wait and see :-\

This is FF posting here... I find a link on the Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2572011,00.html

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
hm... is da de best we have found?
is this is really true.... ma boy have sum serious inside links

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 06:56:05 PM »
Well when Wim lef' de wuk, Roy Keane is a natural replacement. By the time he done, he will already be familiar with half the national team

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 07:57:16 PM »

This is FF posting here... I find a link on the Times

Stern John, the Trinidad & Tobago forward, is expected to complete a £250,000 move from Coventry City to Sunderland today.
Warrior For Life !!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 08:01:51 PM »
 :applause: :applause: firebrand have links, so i sure this is true.....

I happy for stern and ting, but ah hope he get some playing time....anthony stokes is pure fyah....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »
As Tuches say A for apple, B for Bat C for your self. Stern sign to sue so he might not get pick. Dwight on his way out so is on the Captin in waiting that go have to be released.

It go be interesting the vibes between the signee and the non signees.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 11:13:37 PM »

Waiting to see how Stern style on the pitch match with Keane.  I feel he might have to fight real hard to get minutes....not a  bad thing at all.
He coming in as competition or as a starter....waiting on more info.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 03:53:22 AM »
I heard from someone yesterday that Stern John was in Sunderland talking to Keane, nothing official yet
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 04:39:14 AM »
It's official now guys, we are signing all your players

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=11585

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »
It's official now guys, we are signing all your players
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=11585
onwards to the EPL  ;)
Good One Bravo
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 04:45:09 AM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline G Force

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 05:01:29 AM »
www.safc.com

Sunderland are set to sign Stern John from Coventry City.

The striker, 30, was in the North-East this morning having a medical and if all goes to plan he could be in Roy Keane's squad for tomorrow's game against Crystal Palace.

Sunderland have agreed an undisclosed fee for the former Nottingham Forest and Birmingham striker who has scored six goals for Coventry this season.

The Trinidad and Tobago international is out of contract with the Sky Blues this summer.

Keane said: "We've agreed a fee over the weekend with Coventry in terms of bringing Stern in and we're looking to finalise that.

"He's a powerful lad and sometimes we've lacked an aerial threat, especially since Browny [Chris Brown] left. We hope Stern will play a part in help us get promotion."

John joined Coventry in September 2004 for £200,000 from Birmingham and has scored 29 goals in 88 appearances, including one against Sunderland on the opening day of this season.

If the deal goes through, John will become the third T&T international on Sunderland's book, following Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards to Wearside.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 05:17:13 AM »
Well, well, well....like Yorke trying he hand at football agent or what!

Best of luck to Stern and ah hope he does the business for the Sunderland fans.

Ah guess that may make Sunderland join an ELITE group of Teams that have played with 3 T&T players in the starting eleven. Wrexham, Gillingham and now possibly Sunderland. Hope you guys have better fortunes  :angel:

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 05:23:15 AM »
This is coming as a complete shock. A couple days I gone, and now this.....hhmmmmm

Not meaning to be the sour puss of the party, but why sign a 30+ striker, who hasn't been scoring lately, with a history of questionable work ethic? I'm all for national pride and all, but I also don't want to be put in a position where I have to defend the poor or disappointing performances of my countrymen.

I admit it... I am not a Stern fan. He is not too consistent. Maybe at international level for T&T he's the best thing to come along since slice bread, but club wise...I dunno.

I truly hope he works hard and shines. Cause if he doesn't, with someone as blunt and vocal as Keane as Manager, he will put the reputation of T&T footballers back by years.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 05:46:40 AM »
I have read on a Coventry board that they think he is a lazy player, Keane will not allow this. With all due respect to Coventry and Birmingham, playing at the Stadium of light in front of 40,000 passionate mackems will inspire anyone to do well, especially with Keane barking at you from the touchline  :rotfl:

He will not have experienced anything like this at his previous clubs, Sunderland are a club that get under your skin, ask Niall Quinn. He likes the club so much he bought it  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 05:54:04 AM »
I have read on a Coventry board that they think he is a lazy player, Keane will not allow this. With all due respect to Coventry and Birmingham, playing at the Stadium of light in front of 40,000 passionate mackems will inspire anyone to do well, especially with Keane barking at you from the touchline  :rotfl:
He will not have experienced anything like this at his previous clubs, Sunderland are a club that get under your skin, ask Niall Quinn. He likes the club so much he bought it  ;D
well it could be the thing he needs to start scoring like he does when he plays for TnT.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 06:14:05 AM »
PLUs...they all playing in the RED, WHITE and BLACK all the time !! If that doh motivate Stern to rediscover his tough now, nothing will !!

Carlos sending in crosses, Yorke looking to set him up and Stokes pace will give him space like when he playing with Glen. Stern better score.

Now that Stern there, I figure is Yorke who convince Keane on Anthony Stokes for sure, after Latas recommend him...no wonder Keane say Yorke contribution is more off the field than on it. Like he will be chief scout next year before he get a coaching role in the next 4 years.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 06:17:49 AM »
I real happy for Stern but, I am worried about the fact that we have three players playing for one club. When international duty comes along it will be hard for Roy to let go 3 of his top players for international duty all at once. We shall see how this will go down.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:40 AM »
I real happy for Stern but, I am worried about the fact that we have three players playing for one club. When international duty comes along it will be hard for Roy to let go 3 of his top players for international duty all at once. We shall see how this will go down.

I doh feel it wil be a big scene. The Gold Cup is in off season now (finally). Dwight eh playing no friendlies and Stern should stay as well cause we have an abundance of strikers and he always loses his club place when he makes a trip to Trinidad. So is only really Carlos who hadda be making numerous trips.

And I think Yorke have some pull with Keane when push come to shove...the only questions is which way Yorke will be pulling and shoving. Especially with this nonsense with Jack and the contracts AGAIN !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 06:39:53 AM »
Well....It official....

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=11588

All de best stern........and make de most of it. Doh make keano cuss yuh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:23 AM »
Yup, and it's breaking news on the Sky Sports News ticker...I wonder if there will be a news conference..

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 07:15:30 AM »
for that amount of money I doubt it
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly