April 28, 2024, 05:17:47 PM

Poll

Who would win DARTH VADER vs DARTH MAUL

VADER wins
DARTH MAUL wins
Hard to say
Both get killed
Vader minus a few limbs

Author Topic: Star Wars Trivia question  (Read 4369 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Trivia question
« on: January 29, 2007, 08:21:37 AM »
Watching the fight scene in Phantom Menace I was wondering who would win in a face off between Darth Maul and Vader

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Trivia question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:30:31 AM »
Jus watch de end of part 3 and yu go see why dey call him VADER.....Maul was ah thug, but Lord VADER had class and he kicked ass.  You remember in part 5 (Empire Strikes Back) when he started to choke out all his sen. officers, no man wanted to messup after dat.....Now if dat isn't bad ass I doh know what is :devil: :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:12:49 AM »
Vader, hands down. He was more versed in the ways of the Dark Side, and the Force in general  and he REALLY didn't cater for anybody. It's not just about fighting skills  ;D
Good idle post.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
real idleness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

darth vader (form v) vs. darth maul (form vii) - looks like in this case darth vader (form v) would win.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »
I read a great book last year which chronicled events immediately after the clone wars was ended.
If you get a chance read DARK LORD- THE RISE OF DARTH VADER

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Lord-Rise-Darth-Vader/dp/0345477332/sr=8-1/qid=1170084113/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-0574033-9422007?ie=UTF8&s=books

I read this book in about 3 days, and it was great!!!. Gives you a good look into how he gained his bad ass reputation and how he hunted down the surviving Jedi

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:53:01 AM »
Vader, hands down. He was more versed in the ways of the Dark Side, and the Force in general  and he REALLY didn't cater for anybody. It's not just about fighting skills  ;D
Good idle post.

What about ANAKIN?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 10:54:31 AM »
Good idle post.

What about ANAKIN?

Only when he turned to VADER he was ah real bad ass

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
I read a great book last year which chronicled events immediately after the clone wars was ended.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Lord-Rise-Darth-Vader/dp/0345477332/sr=8-1/qid=1170084113/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-0574033-9422007?ie=UTF8&s=books

I read this book in about 3 days, and it was great!!!. Gives you a good look into how he gained his bad ass reputation and how he hunted down the surviving Jedi
If you read this, then you might be interested in the whole "Expanded Universe" deal. There are QUITE a few books that take the stories a bit further... I recommend the "Thrawn Trilogy" ; including Dark Force Rising, Last Command etc.... basically anything by Tomothy Zahn.
Some of the EU stuff is good, a lot of it is crap.
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
Ah think ah going to watch all de movies in order tonight yes :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 12:57:51 PM »
Ah think ah going to watch all de movies in order tonight yes :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
So is THREE things you love... ManU, Wifey and Star Wars?   ;D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »

If you read this, then you might be interested in the whole "Expanded Universe" deal. There are QUITE a few books that take the stories a bit further... I recommend the "Thrawn Trilogy" ; including Dark Force Rising, Last Command etc.... basically anything by Tomothy Zahn.

Yes sir already read that trilogy back in 98. Timothy Zahn is a great writer and I had hoped Lucas might have done something with it.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »

Yes sir already read that trilogy back in 98. Timothy Zahn is a great writer and I had hoped Lucas might have done something with it.
This might be sacrilege, but Lucas don't have a fackin clue... he seems to intent on chasing the money from the "franchise". The Zahn books would have been more welcome  than that Episode 1-3 shyte.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 01:46:38 PM »

This might be sacrilege, but Lucas don't have a fackin clue... he seems to intent on chasing the money from the "franchise". The Zahn books would have been more welcome  than that Episode 1-3 shyte.

True dat, I still like them though.  Had some good battles

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 02:33:19 PM »
i must be watch dis over 200 times from when i was 3 years old, darth will cut maul  ass anyday, people 4get that vader was 2nd 2 darth sidious in the powers of the dark side, maul could not deal wit dat, dats ah fact... :beermug:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »
i must be watch dis over 200 times from when i was 3 years old, darth will cut maul  ass anyday, people 4get that vader was 2nd 2 darth sidious in the powers of the dark side, maul could not deal wit dat, dats ah fact... :beermug:

TI, you come on the Star Wars thread to talk sense???  ;D

If you are interested in the history of the Sith, there is a book (I might get it) called Path of Destruction. It features Darth Bane, who came up with the notion of One Master (to possess Power)  and One Apprentice (to crave it).

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
De Solo kids are more powerful dan all dem men in de books if my memory is correct.   :beermug:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »
De Solo kids are more powerful dan all dem men in de books if my memory is correct.   :beermug:

Let meh put on meh geek glasses.... You are wrong. Vader is the greatest!

This is due to his very high Midichlorian count. He had the highest ever!

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/midi.html

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »

I ent go lie... that Midichlorian thing is real shyte! Whoever thought of that needs to be shot with sh!t. Vader was a badass just because he was a badass. Explaining the Force with Form One chemistry is just bogus.
His skills with the Force and his ruthlessness was what made him so fackin evil. Lucas messed up this (again).
Nerd glasses off...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
De Solo kids are more powerful dan all dem men in de books if my memory is correct. :beermug:

I ent go lie... that Midichlorian thing is real shyte! Whoever thought of that needs to be shot with sh!t. Vader was a badass just because he was a badass. Explaining the Force with Form One chemistry is just bogus.
His skills with the Force and his ruthlessness was what made him so fackin evil. Lucas messed up this (again).
Nerd glasses off...

i read once that luke's Midichlorian count was also high but not as high as vadar.... there is no one in the history of star wars with a count as high, the twins were not as powerful...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »

Ok yu wake de jedi in me, for de record ah think dat de MIDICHLORIAN count in de movie was crap, but dat what was in de books.

Now in one of de books Luke made a reference dat Anakin would be one of de most powerful of de jedi's and dat is why all de jedi were trying to inhabit anakin's body.  De twins always made Anakin do real sh*t (all in kids fun) like on time Anakin fixed a droid without even touching it, not even Luke could do dat at Anakin's age.  Ah wish ah could have given you de book and page # but ah gave me brudda all me Star Wars novels  ;D :D ;D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 06:41:17 PM »
De Solo kids are more powerful dan all dem men in de books if my memory is correct. :beermug:

Nerd glasses off...

i read once that luke's Midichlorian count was also high but not as high as vadar.... there is no one in the history of star wars with a count as high, the twins were not as powerful...

YEah de twins alone were nothing but together dey real dread. 

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »
Anyway guys, ah doh have de books to find where ah read it so ah cah back it up :beermug: :beermug:  But ah know ah read it somewhere in one of de new jedi order books ah think.  Check sh*t nah we talking bout dis like is real life LOL....Thanks guys for bringing back some really cool stuff  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 06:50:07 PM »
never really found the jedi that fascinating. what i liked were the bounty hunters from empire strikes back. i think i had all the figures back then - bossk, dengar, ig-88, zuckuss, boba fett of course. that was the heights for me.  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »
Ah feel Triumph must be talk to some allyuh fellahs in dis clip oui  :devil: :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vqKVx_VyfI
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 08:26:22 PM »
never really found the jedi that fascinating. what i liked were the bounty hunters from empire strikes back. i think i had all the figures back then - bossk, dengar, ig-88, zuckuss, boba fett of course. that was the heights for me.  ;D
missed out 4-LOM  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
Ah feel Triumph must be talk to some allyuh fellahs in dis clip oui  :devil: :devil:

:rotfl:
some real hardcore Star Wars men on de board oui.

allyuh remember dis one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKt4EhTXrCI

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 10:04:12 PM »
Trinfinite, is dis you?

Return of de Hardest!
allyuh ah wonder if darth vader go inside ah royal castle if he go only eat de dark meat?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 09:35:27 AM »
Trinfinite, is dis you?

Return of de Hardest!
allyuh ah wonder if darth vader go inside ah royal castle if he go only eat de dark meat?

nah,  :rotfl: :rotfl: vadar would listen tuh sparrow and try de white meat oui... :devil:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »

Don't like Triumph, but that's hilarious!!  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>