April 29, 2024, 12:47:35 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609444 times)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Middlesborough Preview/Game thread.
« Reply #1050 on: September 22, 2007, 09:34:26 AM »
Stueps...  Boro scored... Downing

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 22, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »
sunderland pull another houdini  :devil:

Miller with a cracker!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 22, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »
CRACKER...Miller.....2-2
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 22, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
Sunderland score....Miller...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 22, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Would be nice if Sunderland cull pull out another one.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 22, 2007, 09:58:51 AM »
Game done. Did Nyron play today. Miller goal sound like it was a cracking goal and Downing too. i go watch it later on FSC..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 22, 2007, 10:01:57 AM »
Nosworthy didn't play. Higginbotham, halford, mcshane and collins make up the back 4.

Both goals sounded explosive...

and kj get the credit for the assis on miller, as he headed the ball down to him before he blast it in
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 22, 2007, 10:03:34 AM »
Nosworthy didn't play. Higginbotham, halford, mcshane and collins make up the back 4.

and kj get the credit for the assis on miller, as he headed the ball down to him before he blast it in

He get benched just so or he injuried?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 22, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »

He get benched just so or he injuried?

if he get injured it happen real late. However, he wasn't even on the bench

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 22, 2007, 10:17:14 AM »
highlights?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 22, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 22, 2007, 04:30:11 PM »
...he also did ah li'l falling-dong-half screen on he man allowing Miller ah li'l bit more room tuh shoot thru dat tire.  Talk abou a small window, thru a crowd...upper right vee...Schwarzer didn't have a chance.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1062 on: September 22, 2007, 08:36:16 PM »
Sunderlands Team Photo

http://www.safc.com/uploads/documents/sep_07/safc_1190293749_Team_Wallpaper.pdf
zoom

midknight can u put up the standings .
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 08:38:20 PM by Quagmire »

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 23, 2007, 06:06:54 AM »
nosworthy was injured...so sunderland doing very well when 1 really considers the quality( wrt their side) and amount of players they have injured
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 23, 2007, 06:07:02 AM »
Sunderlands Team Photo

http://www.safc.com/uploads/documents/sep_07/safc_1190293749_Team_Wallpaper.pdf
zoom

midknight can u put up the standings .

good talk. It will be on the first page after today's matches like all the other vital information. and like the wallpaper that I have already put up ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 06:35:04 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 23, 2007, 08:08:55 AM »
Middlesbrough 2-2 Sunderland
By Andrew McKenzie

Liam Miller's 89th-minute goal snatched a point for Sunderland in a thrilling 125th Tees-Wear derby.

Sunderland took the lead after 75 seconds when Michael Chopra's shot hit Grant Leadbitter and fell kindly for him to slot past Mark Schwarzer.

Boro equalised when Gary O'Neil's cross was headed in by Julio Arca and then Stewart Downing drilled past Craig Gordon from 25 yards out.

But with time running out Miller fired in a left-foot shot from 20 yards.
Full Report

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13233

Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough:
"I think we deserved a point, mind Gareth [Southgate] might think differently. Overall, we deserved something.

"We probably scored too early, we didn't know what to do and we got sloppy. I thought the game had 1-1 written all over it. It's always nice to get something, especially when it comes late in the game.

"There were a few [controversial] decisions, a few tackles, but  I don't mind that, it's a derby match, I enjoy that side. We could have passed it better.

"Liam [Miller] has been doing good in training so it was touch and go whether I started him. It was a good goal.

"It's nice to get an early goal - we have not got too many since I got the job. After that, we struggled, we lacked experience, someone to put their foot on the ball.

"We looked like we wanted to hold onto it and you can't do it for that length of time.

"It was written in the script that [Julio] Arca was going to score. I hope the lad is OK.

"I have to say that at 1-1 I thought it would take a spectacular goal to win it. [Stewart] Downing did it and after that it needed something special from us. Liam produced it.

"When you play these matches, you know they are going to be tough. It was stop-start, there were plenty of bookings. I've played in these type of games before and I thought it was going to be a 1-1 draw.

"It was a fantastic strike from their lad and from Liam - they were the highlights of the game. If we had lost it would have been one step forward from last week and two back.

"Come the end of the season, this point might be vital. It's good to get something out of the game when it's so late, it's pleasing and we can play a lot better than today."

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:19:14 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 25, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13242

Etuhu banned for Rovers

By Nick Alexander

Dickson Etuhu will miss Sunderland's game against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season.

Etuhu was booked against Middlesbrough, taking his card count to five, which means an automatic one-game ban.

He said: "I've been a bit unlucky with one or two of the bookings, I'm gutted to pick up a suspension so early in the season. Whoever comes in, I wish him all the best."

The former Norwich midfielder has also been shown a yellow card in the Black Cats' games against Birmingham, Wigan, Liverpool and Luton. He is the first Premier League player to reach five yellow cards this season.

Liam Miller, who scored after coming off the bench at the Riverside Stadium, is favourite to replace Etuhu against Rovers.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13248

Knee problem for Nyron

Roy Keane hopes that Nyron Nosworthy will recover from a knee injury in time for Saturday's game against Blackburn.

The injury forced Nosworthy to miss Sunderland's game against Middlesbrough last weekend and cost the centre-back his ever-present tag this season.

But Keane has suggested that the Londoner could be back against Rovers at the Stadium of Light.

The Black Cats boss said: "We hope Nuggsy's OK. He had a knee problem before the Reading game and got through it but he couldn't train all week after that.

"We had hoped he would be alright for Boro but we decided not to risk him. When Nyron misses training you know it must be sore. Hopefully he will be OK for our game against Blackburn."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 29, 2007, 06:44:52 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13269

You need tough lads, Keane

By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane believes his Sunderland players are showing the toughness required to stay in the Premier League.

The Black Cats boss reckons much of modern-day football has gone soft, with too many players happy to spend time in the treatment room.

A number of Sunderland's key performers have suffered long-term injuries in the opening weeks of the season - Keane had just 14 first-teamers training this week.

And he says the situation would have been worse had it not been for the attitude of some of his 'fit' players.

"You need tough lads and to be fair a lot of ours are," said Keane. "We had Paul McShane playing with an injury a few weeks ago and I know plenty of our other lads are playing with strains and knocks.

"Some of our players have been training when they are injured - that's where the character comes into it and the tough lads get on with it.

"You need lads like that. It should take a lot to stop you from wanting to play every weekend, wanting to play for Sunderland in front of big crowds, that's my attitude towards it."

Keane added: "It's rare that you go into a game 100 per cent fit. The speed and pace of it, you get tackled a lot harder, from different angles, it's so obvious that you are going to pick up knocks.

"To me it's a case of just dealing with it and getting on with it, and not playing the sympathy one.

"OK, if you have an injury like Deano's, Nuggsy's last week or Carlos's, then you can't play - you treat the players and you try to get them right.

"But if lads think they are going to go into game in tip-top condition, it's not going to happen; the nature of this game doesn't let you do that.

"There are not many players in the Premier League at this moment in time that could say they are 100 per cent fit.

"If your leg's broken, fair enough; but players these days have just got to get on with it and be a bit tougher, not be spending so much time on the treatment table.

"You get out there - you are playing in front of 40-odd thousand people and the adrenalin kicks in. If that doesn't get you going, then something is wrong."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 29, 2007, 06:57:53 AM »
Standings before the Blackburn Match (29/09/07)

PositionTeamPlayedGoal DifferencePoints
5Newcastle6411
6Chelsea7-111
7West Ham6310
8Aston Villa6310
9Everton7010
10Blackburn619
11Portsmouth709
12Wigan718
13Midlesborough7-28
14Birmingham7-28
15Sunderland7-48
16Reading7-67
17Fulham7-26

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 30, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »
Sunderland 1-2 Blackburn
By Peter Scrivener

Blackburn scored twice in two minutes to maintain their unbeaten start to the league season away from Ewood Park.

A dull first half only sparked into life in the last five minutes when Sunderland striker Michael Chopra had a penalty appeal turned down.

But within 10 minutes of the restart, David Bentley had smashed Rovers in front and Roque Santa Cruz slammed a second into an empty net.

Grant Leadbitter's low 25-yard sidefoot shot was too late to spark a revival.
Full Report

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13280

Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's defeat to Blackburn:

"I thought we deserved more out of the game. The way we conceded was disappointing, the players gave it their all and with a bit of luck we could have got something, it wasn't to be.

"Every goal you concede is disappointing, the first certainly was and the second one was a big blow. When it's 1-0, I was thinking we have a chance - especially with our record of late goals and being at home.

"So the second one was the killer blow. Even so, there was more than enough time and with another five minutes on the clock we might have got something.

[On the penalty appeal] "Chops feels he got the ball before the keeper made contact, but it would be wrong to blame that on costing us the game. The referee made his call, we have to accept it.

"Games like this are all part of the learning process.

"They are an experienced Premier League team and today there were one or two lessons, in terms of when to play and when not to play.

"After conceding the first, we should have kept our heads because there was plenty of time left.

"When a player makes a mistake, there's not much you can do about it. I was more disappointed with the first goal. The lad has run about 20 or 30 yards without anyone touching him.

"I thought the first half was evenly matched. They started well - teams are going to come here and have decent spells - but overall, I felt we deserved something better.

"When you go two goals behind, it's always going to be tough.

"The lads gave it their all and some of our general play was very good. It was one of those days for us - the two soft goals cost us.

"It's all about putting the ball in the back of the net. We gave two bad goals away, you can't do it in the Premier League.

"The players gave it their all and it's small comfort for me. If you do that, you've got a chance and we'll look to bounce back next week."

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:24:01 AM by Midknight »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 01, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
man he say 'de players give it their all' real times boy.   alyuh fellaz who see de game, wha allyuh tink?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 03, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »

An updated schedule for viewers in the US

7 Oct.     12:00 Arsenal – Sunderland          Setanta 3am-6:30 am PST ( KO 4 am)
21 Oct.   16:00 West Ham – Sunderland         FSC    8 am  PST
27 Oct.  15:00 Sunderland - Fulham

5 Nov.    20:00 Man City – Sunderland       possibly on Setanta  11:15 am PST
10 Nov.    12:45 Sunderland - Newcastle
24 Nov.   15:00 Everton – Sunderland

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 04, 2007, 03:08:47 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/7027402.stm

Kavanagh wants to stay with Owls

Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh says that he would like to extend his stay at Sheffield Wednesday.

Kavangah's initial one-month loan deal from the Black Cats runs out after the game against Stoke on 20 October.

The 33-year-old told BBC Radio Sheffield: "I feel I'm getting stronger all the time and starting to stamp my influence games.

"If Wednesday ask me to stay and Sunderland allow it then I'd like to stay because I've enjoyed it here."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
sunderland v arsenal.
« Reply #1074 on: October 06, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »
ah  :praying: fuh an upset.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: sunderland v arsenal.
« Reply #1075 on: October 07, 2007, 04:25:57 AM »
any links?

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 07, 2007, 05:11:06 AM »
van persie freekick goal...if sunderland keep this under 3 ah will give them the 3 pts

unlike barcelona arsenal goes for maximum goals
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 05:13:59 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #1077 on: October 07, 2007, 05:47:02 AM »
Is it me, but why does Sunderland's goalie look like he does save with alligator hands when balls hit straight at him. Anybody notice how his hands doh really extend. Sunderland need to keep chucking the ball up there to Jones the way Ckelski does do with Drogba. Also Sunderland seems to lack a sense of urgency, like they still playing in the championship! Damn sometimes is hard to watch.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 07, 2007, 05:51:55 AM »
arsenal 2  sunderland 1half time
 sunderland gave ah good account of themselves after the 1st 15 mins

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 07, 2007, 05:58:01 AM »
Nice game good football by both sides.. Jones giving them a run and Dwight impressive
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>