April 28, 2024, 06:40:44 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609274 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: sunderland v arsenal.
« Reply #1140 on: October 07, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »
Dwight was pure class today. He is growing weekly playing in front of the back four and his composure on the ball  seems to be rubbing off on them. With the exception for the Mc Shane tackle they seemed to be getting away from the aimless boom kick employed earlier in the season. Dwight lets his brain do the talking even though he has lost a step he was the best midfielder on the field today.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 07, 2007, 02:54:52 PM »
Arsenal website match report

By Richard Clarke
Arsenal stormed back to the top of the Premier League table with a 3-2 win over Sunderland at Emirates Stadium on Sunday — but they were made to work so hard to do it.
Arsène Wenger’s side seemed set to stroll towards their 10th straight win when Robin van Persie and Philippe Senderos put them 2-0 ahead after only 14 minutes. However Ross Wallace reduced the arrears 10 minutes later and the excellent Kenwyn Jones levelled the game with a storming header just after the restart.
Emirates Stadium was beset by anxiety for most of the second half before substitute Theo Walcott set up Van Persie for the winner 10 minutes from time. In the closing seconds, Paul McShane received a straight red card for a clumsy challenge on Alex Hleb.
It was hardly the finale the game deserved. This had been another cracking encounter. Arsenal had shown their trademark flair, some fragility and then, just perhaps, a little title-winning resilience. Sunderland had suggested they were rightful relegation candidates at the start but belied their position during the middle portion of the game.
Arsenal had perhaps ‘won ugly’ at West Ham and Steaua, this was quite the opposite.
It takes all sorts to win a title.
There was only one change from the side that had won so efficiently in Romania on Tuesday. Abou Daiby came back on the left, Alex Hleb switched to the right and Emmanuel Eboue returned to the bench.
Arsenal’s last two games had been fraught 1-0s in which the defences held sway. Right from the first whistle, this game was never going to be like that.
Exactly 23 seconds had elapsed before Arsenal had their first sight of goal. Van Persie sent Adebayor clear in the right-hand channel but the Togolese striker blazed his shot over the bar.
Although Arsenal continued to pressure, Jones pushed Gael Clichy into an error in the opening minutes but the burly striker fouled Manuel Almunia as the Spanish keeper attempted to clear and was booked.
To be honest it was an isolated foray into the Arsenal penalty area. The home looked like scoring every time they went forward and the first goal would not be long in coming.
The move started with Hleb and Adebayor playing keep-ball in the Sunderland area. The ball was moved wide and then back on to the right. The Togo striker cut it back and Grant Leadbitter nudged over Cesc Fabregas on the edge of the area.
Referee Rob Styles blew for the free-kick. However Arsenal played on and Diaby planted a stunning drive into the top left-hand corner of the net and beyond the despairing dive of Craig Gordon. Of course it did not count, however, seconds later, the resulting free-kick was whipped in viciously by Van Persie. It flew into the same corner of net off the underside of the bar.
It was the Dutchman’s sixth of the season and his third in consecutive games.
Adebayor then sent in a powerful header as Arsenal looked to extend their lead. They would do that seconds later. But if their first had been a thing of beauty this one was a scrappy affair.
Fabregas’ left-wing corner should have been cleared by Jones but the striker screwed the ball back toward his own keeper. It was eventually scuffed wide to Adebayor who, once again, cut the ball back into the area. Diaby missed his backheel but the ball fell to Senderos, whose off-balance, bobbling shot beat Gordon and limped over the line. It was his third goal in his 92nd game for the club.
In the 19th minute Arsenal thought they had a third when Hleb’s cross was missed by Fabregas but rammed home by Diaby at the far post. However the assistant referee ruled that the initial ball from the Belarus midfielder had seen his Spanish colleague offside. It was a marginal decision.
Arsenal were strolling. They were attacking at will and Sunderland seemingly could do little about it.
So the fatalists among you will not be surprised to read that it was at this point that the visitors scored.
Dwight Yorke pumped a long ball forward, Jones controlled it expertly on the corner of the area, held off Clichy and Almunia had to rush out to block. The ball bounced out to Wallace on just inside the area and, with the keeper still out of position, he had the relatively simple job of slotting the ball home.
Liam Miller had a couple of half-chances to put Sunderland in the unlikely position of level terms.
However just past the half-hour, Gordon tipped over from a rocket-shot but Van Persie from 30 yards. When the resulting corner was ng over to the far post, Senderos has escaped his marker but, inexplicably, he nodded the ball wide
Arsenal maintained control as half-time approached but the goal had rocked them. Wenger’s team had played so well this season and this game had seemed so straightforward in the first 20 minutes. But it had turned into a tough test.
It got a lot tougher four minutes after the break when Sunderland worked a good position on the left, Miller curled in a cross and the Jones sent a towering header past Almunia. The keeper got a hand on it but only succeeded in pushing the ball in off the post.
Van Persie’s shot deflected off Danny Collins and Sunderland breathed a sigh of relief as the ball trickled wide then just before the hour, Kolo Toure hammered in an effort from 30 yards. It beat the diving Gordon, smacked off the inside of the post and away to safety.
Wenger replaced his right side — Eboue and Theo Walcott came on, Diaby and Bacary Sagna went off, Hleb switched flanks.
Arsenal’s game was now imperative and attacking. However there were plenty of gaps for Sunderland to exploit as well.
The final 20 minutes had all the hall-marks of the final throws of a FA Cup Third Round tie — sinews were being stretched, nerves were being frayed and formations were being flexed to breaking point.
In their desperation, Arsenal began to dominated once more. They were, at least, creating again but the old habit of spurning chances then had come back with avengence.
Fabregas passed when he should have shot, Van Persie blazed wide and then in the 77th minute Hleb drove into the area superbly before setting up Walcott at the far post.
The unmarked winger miscued his effort with the goal at his mercy.
Walcott redeemed himself by setting up the winner. Ten minutes from time he collected a pass from Eboue, skipped past his marker and squared for Van Persie thump home from close range.
Sunderland were not spent however. Almunia had to tip over from a dipping volley by substitute Anthony Stokes. Then Miller scooped the ball over Toure a combination of the defender and the keeper snaffled ball away.
Fabregas blazed wide and Adebayor steered wide in injury time as Arsenal looked to finally restored their two-goal cushion. Then, after McShane saw red, Walcott even slid a shot against the post
However that would have been harsh on the visitors. Arsenal were worthy winners but Sunderland can draw their own comfort from this wonderful, wonderful game.

http://www.arsenal.com/matchreport.asp?thisNav=fixtures&fxid=323038
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

d_#1Trinba

kenwyn iz a goal
« Reply #1142 on: October 07, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
man that was brilliant scoring

d_#1Trinba

Re: SUPPORTERS OF SUNDERLAND OR THE TRINI'S PLAYING WITH THEM?
« Reply #1143 on: October 07, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
yeh no matta no matta

d_#1Trinba

Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1144 on: October 07, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
well i not gon puch the man,not eaven fisting him up...but he has to remember somting real somthing that can..and wa ah call it pan

d_#1Trinba

Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1145 on: October 07, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »
for really..doh take it personal kenwyn is playin good we all know it cheerz :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1146 on: October 07, 2007, 05:36:15 PM »
If it was up to you, TT wouldn'ta have no fans in the World Cup.

blahhh blahhh blahhh
Thoughtful.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 07, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh

Morvant dread...
Didn't realize was that time of the month...

And here I was thinking that you woulda be a man wanted to see all trinis do well.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 07, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »
man utd forevvverrrr  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 07, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
Yeah man ah backing them ,favorite team ever  ;D score some winners Kenwyne

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1150 on: October 07, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »
Me eh go lie, I  only follow Sunderland becuz ah de Trinis on de team ,odda wise I cuddnt give ah f@ck bout dem.De TnT players is de ony link I have to Sunderland so me eh pretending to like dem I wud just like to see our players do good.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »
Me eh go lie, I  only follow Sunderland becuz ah de Trinis on de team ,odda wise I cuddnt give ah f@ck bout dem.De TnT players is de ony link I have to Sunderland so me eh pretending to like dem I wud just like to see our players do good.

Ditto here. 
Arimian to meh heart

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #1152 on: October 07, 2007, 06:38:12 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh

Morvant dread...

And here I was thinking that you woulda be a man wanted to see all trinis do well.

Midnight listen dread i doh want to bring no pollution to the site and i repeat again dread my name eh no missa cajole.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 07, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh

Morvant dread...

Midnight listen dread i doh want to bring no pollution to the site and i repeat again dread my name eh no missa cajole.
Yah iz ah kinda idiot oh what ,u wanta get ban chill yah c**t nah ,let people like you .

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 07, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
and ah suppose all ah alyuh know that it not very probable that the TNT players do well if the rest of the team don't function right?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: October 07, 2007, 06:53:17 PM »
Yeah man ah backing them ,favorite team ever  ;D score some winners Kenwyne
To add , One hand doh clap

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 07, 2007, 07:28:51 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh
Thoughtful.

ok if you want to rumble

a COUNTRY is a place where people are born and support till they die.

a CLUB is a team that people does support until henry leave, or the coach leave or if they brother start playing for another team then they support does change.

do some research and tell me how much sunderland threads this board had prior to yorke.

i woulda never get vex but ah man say SUNDERLAND WAS UNLUCKY WITH THE RESULT. >:(

and doh get tie-up today was a perfect example of a team not doin good but the trini's did well so

doh feel i not goin on meh hi-5 and congratulate KJ.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 07, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh
Thoughtful.

ok if you want to rumble

a CLUB is a team that people does support until henry leave, or the coach leave or if they brother start playing for another team then they support does change.

do some research and tell me how much sunderland threads this board had prior to yorke.

i woulda never get vex but ah man say SUNDERLAND WAS UNLUCKY WITH THE RESULT. >:(

and doh get tie-up today was a perfect example of a team not doin good but the trini's did well so

I was talking about the tens of thousands of non-Trinidadians that had our back. Left up to you, they wouldn't waste time with dis shyt side dat could never beat England or whoever. Left up to you, nobody would support underdogs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 07, 2007, 07:48:57 PM »
Supporters of Fairfik or Latas. What u tink?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 07, 2007, 08:00:51 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh
Thoughtful.

ok if you want to rumble

I was talking about the tens of thousands of non-Trinidadians that had our back. Left up to you, they wouldn't waste time with dis shyt side dat could never beat England or whoever. Left up to you, nobody would support underdogs.

what crap yuh talkin. KJ, latas, yorke, stern, glen all ah dem could score against england. FACT

shaka, tallest, sancho, avery, all ah dem could shut-out england FACT

backing trini was not just a underdog thing it was common sense. 

backing ah side who aint win since christmas against gunners at home is just stupid

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 07, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »
this is the last time i will produce highlights....   this is about the 5th time i have done this involving trini(s) and i have received no credit or thanks..

I will just enjoy them myself from now

nb..highlights deleted

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 07, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »
  ;D I was going and thz u eh ,but I dl limewire ,and every time I try to dl ,limewire wire is take over from azureus,steupppssss . Then limewire say it looking for sources steupssssss so I cant dl ,and if I delete limewire it go screw up my songlist steuppssss . If I could just deactivate it from downloading duties.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 08:10:24 PM by Quagmire »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 07, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »
Morvant dread...
what am I missiong here Midknight :rotfl: :rotfl:
#1 Trinba you OK?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 07, 2007, 08:10:45 PM »
this is the last time i will produce highlights....   this is about the 5th time i have done this involving trini(s) and i have received no credit or thanks..

I will just enjoy them myself from now

nb..highlights deleted

just pm them fuh me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 07, 2007, 08:16:26 PM »
lol i didnt mean to sound angry... i'm not... but this is rediculous now...  i have to look for it online den present it and if any of yall are on other international forums like fbtz.com you should know credit and a thank you is what you should do...

from now... whenever highlights or a full match torrent is available with trini(s) involved i will invite PM requests only

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 07, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »
Nah peeps once they use it suppose to give u ah little bligh seft .Pll getting f**king to lazy to post oui .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 07, 2007, 08:32:30 PM »

blahhh blahhh blahhh
Thoughtful.

ok if you want to rumble

what crap yuh talkin. KJ, latas, yorke, stern, glen all ah dem could score against england. FACT

backing ah side who aint win since christmas against gunners at home is just stupid

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 07, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »
LOL.

So wha happen in Germany? Dey didn't feel like it? Meanwhile Sunderland score against Arsenal twice.

So wha happen in Germany? Dey feel sorry for dem?

Backing a Trini side that couldn't even beat shit Wales  is common sense? Backing dem against England and Sweden on European soil is common sense? Dey wasn't underdogs? People wasn't saying dey unlucky to lose to England? These were de best arguments you had in yuh schoolbag?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 07, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »
Teams are made up of players.... whether it be international or the club level 

Supporting our national team is a no brainer,

Supporting another national team or a club team is based on

1. your appreciation of either the brand of play or overall philosophy of the administration

2. the favorite player(s) that put on that team uniform whether national or international

3. the underdog factor in some cases

but point number 2 will allow for interests to fluctuate over time based on the composition of certain squads and i get morvant point cause in all honesty we wouldnt care much about Sunderland if our players weren't playing there which i think is a fair position. Just as if Stern went to a Derby County then all of a sudden we would want the club to do well because one of our players were contributing to the clubs' position.

i mention point 3 which in itself is not in isolation, in another post someone mentioned how trinidad was backed by many different countries not participating, especially in Scotland which really is based on both points 2 and 3, we had a lot of players based in scotland as well as we were the underdog vs their arch rivals england.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 07, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »
Teams are made up of players.... whether it be international or the club level 

Supporting our national team is a no brainer,

Supporting another national team or a club team is based on

1. your appreciation of either the brand of play or overall philosophy of the administration

2. the favorite player(s) that put on that team uniform whether national or international

3. the underdog factor in some cases

but point number 2 will allow for interests to fluctuate over time based on the composition of certain squads and i get morvant point cause in all honesty we wouldnt care much about Sunderland if our players weren't playing there which i think is a fair position. Just as if Stern went to a Derby County then all of a sudden we would want the club to do well because one of our players were contributing to the clubs' position.

i mention point 3 which in itself is not in isolation, in another post someone mentioned how trinidad was backed by many different countries not participating, especially in Scotland which really is based on both points 2 and 3, we had a lot of players based in scotland as well as we were the underdog vs their arch rivals england.

The underdog talk is nonsense...Sunderland was underdog way before the Trini invasion yet nobody was interested in them.  I also doh see nobody supporting Birmingham neither.  People could support who ever they want and for whatever reason/s...but let's not kid ourselves...today/tomorrow Yorke/Edwards/Jones transfer out very few on here would continue to give two hoots about the Mackems.

1]; } ?>