April 28, 2024, 07:15:10 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609286 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SUPPORTERS OF SUNDERLAND OR THE TRINI'S PLAYING WITH THEM?
« Reply #1170 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »
Duh talk about stating the obvious . I like this team more than Aston Villa when yorke was there  ::)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:41 PM »
People could support who ever they want and for whatever reason/s...but let's not kid ourselves...today/tomorrow Yorke/Edwards/Jones transfer out very few on here would continue to give two hoots about the Mackems.
if that is what makes people happy, nothing wrong with that at all ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: sunderland v arsenal.
« Reply #1172 on: October 08, 2007, 12:32:36 AM »

That was a very entertaining game today.  I wanted Sunderland to do well, a draw maybe even a win, although I am normally an Arsenal supporter.   A  lot of people have been captivated by Arsenal’s sensational form, and a real mauling (5-0,6-0, …) was not out of the question.  All the pundits and commentators were  talking about goal-rush, flood gates opening, etc   but I supporting the 2 trinis on the field.

Jones played well.  His header again showed that Sunderland has a striker with some height advantage.  I was especially happy that he scored given the earlier  mistake on the clearance.  On the first goal by Wallace, Jones’s skill was again evident.  Jones has really improved since the World C qualifiers, and previous gold cup etc.

Yorke was simply sensational today. I usually don’t check the Sunderland Message Board, because so often it  is a waste of time.  In any case I noticed that quite a few folks there were praising Yorkie’s performance.
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=277093

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:32 AM »
true thing small mag ah apologise 4 mi bad manners

didnt know fbtz was still up and running though......i know they had taken down all compilations and highlights  and matches at one time guess someone was threaten them with legal action.
back in them times ah hour after ah game u coulda download highlights or d game oui them men was quick on that forum dread
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1174 on: October 08, 2007, 06:34:37 AM »
I was talking about the tens of thousands of non-Trinidadians that had our back. Left up to you, they wouldn't waste time with dis shyt side dat could never beat England or whoever. Left up to you, nobody would support underdogs.

what crap yuh talkin. KJ, latas, yorke, stern, glen all ah dem could score against england. FACT

shaka, tallest, sancho, avery, all ah dem could shut-out england FACT

backing trini was not just a underdog thing it was common sense. 

backing ah side who aint win since christmas against gunners at home is just stupid

You talking out of bias. TnT beating England in the WC would have been a less likely result and a bigger upset than Sunderland beating Arsenal. Sunderland beating Arsenal is not impossible, in fact Arsenal will lose quite a few games to bad teams this tear. That is just football.

But you are right to say that most fans are not backing Sunderland, but just the players and by the standards of Arsenal and Manchester United Sundeland is a "shyt" side. That don't make backing them (as long as the Trinis there) any less gratifying though.

Yuh sounding like a man who could only back a winnig side.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 08, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »
true thing small mag ah apologise 4 mi bad manners

didnt know fbtz was still up and running though......i know they had taken down all compilations and highlights  and matches at one time guess someone was threaten them with legal action.
back in them times ah hour after ah game u coulda download highlights or d game oui them men was quick on that forum dread

it still like dat... sumtimes highlights get produced while d game going on... and dey have full match torrents after d games.. and classic matches(eg utd v b munich 99') and shows and programs(eg bbc's match of the day)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: October 08, 2007, 07:12:02 AM »
lol i didnt mean to sound angry... i'm not... but this is rediculous now...  i have to look for it online den present it and if any of yall are on other international forums like fbtz.com you should know credit and a thank you is what you should do...

from now... whenever highlights or a full match torrent is available with trini(s) involved i will invite PM requests only

Small mag look at that....yuh had time to post the highlights, get vex, delete them and rant and i didn't even have time to see any of that. But yuh know how we trinis stop - bad manners and all. Doh take it on ;D

anyway takenoprisoners,nice find (though i have to admit when i hear the commentary change from the english accent to the spanish?chinese? I say "whaz da one ;D)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:13 AM »
yuh tink any englishman was backing LA Galaxy before this year?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:38 AM »
where allyuh see that as an assist

allyuh really is computer footballers

I will not contradict premierleague.com. In any case even the commenators on the link that takenoprisoners post say that the goal came down to the control and the shot Jones had put in just before...

That said ah suppose he should also get ah assist on Arsenal second goal :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1179 on: October 08, 2007, 07:28:59 AM »
Yuh sounding like a man who could only back a winnig side.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 08, 2007, 07:47:41 AM »
yuh tink any englishman was backing LA Galaxy before this year?

what make yuh think any of them backing them now ? :rotfl:

Morvant, I ent too sure what yuh point is. If yuh trying to say that we are all Sunderland waggonists, then like yuh just dry clean yuh captain obvious costume and proud to be showing it off to everybody...

The overall quality ofthe team is not to be disputed. The fact remains that any team that promoted from the Championship is by definition a "shit side", because of the way the EPL financial structure is set up.

If yuh vex against men who was hoping they beat Arsenal then you should remember that not all men on here is assnall fan's to begin with, some of them woulda just be glad to see arsenal lose for spite. To be quite honest enough though, people on here are basically neutral EPL fans, there might be one or two teams we root against for whatever reason (hate Russian mafia money, hate French bias, hate Ferguson red face after he throw Dwight under the bus), but almost everybody here who say they support a EPL team is a wagggonist of some sort.

Now when Yorke was with Aston Villa, I didnt even know who was he striking partner. If yuh vex with people because they could actually name 5 "shitty" Sunderland players, then you just bad mind. The fact of the matter is that up unto this point. no EPL team (no championship team either) ever see it fit to give 3 TNT players (of 3 different 'generations' I should add) a chance. If the only response to that you could find is "They is a shit side", well then i am very well sorry for you.

When the 3 trinis gone, chances are i and the others will stop following them, despite whatever affinity we might have for Keane (as a temperamental player and a young manager with a certain charisma), for Nosworthy (as another Caribbean player), for the Irish football team, (half of Sunderland), for the underdog 'Warrior' mentality, or as sympathisants for all the Man U throwaways.

That don't make our current support any less rational. The Stadum of Light is the 4th biggest stadium in all of England. Turns out one of their all time favourite players (who won them their only important title btw) was coach of our national team on one of its best runs in qualifying. And they giving a chance to one young trini gun, a late bloomer that we are all convinced is world class and a last hurrah to an extraordinary player that like it or not, is our only recognised player on the world stage.

If they stay up I don't see any bad coming out of it for TNT, and if supporting them could help them stay up in some kind of weird cosmic karma, i am going to do it.

All the haters could haul they arse n hole as far as i concerned.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 08, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1182 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:35 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13321
By Nick Alexander

Roy Keane has welcomed Nyron Nosworthy's Jamaica call-up.

The Sunderland defender was named in the Jamaica squad for the first time this week and Keane said: "We're delighted that he has been recognised, Nyron has done extremely well since I came to the club.

"I'm sure he is delighted with it, it's a good reflection on him and hopefully it is the first of a few caps."

Nosworthy is in the squad for games against Ghana in London on October 14 and Honduras in Kingston three days later.

The Honduras friendly in the Caribbean takes place just four days before Sunderland's trip to West Ham.

"We'll have to have a look at the one in Jamaica," said Keane.

"We've done the same with Dickson [Etuhu, a Nigeria international]. Any friendly that is on the other side of the planet, we have to consider it."

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
lol i didnt mean to sound angry... i'm not... but this is rediculous now...  i have to look for it online den present it and if any of yall are on other international forums like fbtz.com you should know credit and a thank you is what you should do...

from now... whenever highlights or a full match torrent is available with trini(s) involved i will invite PM requests only

Small mag look at that....yuh had time to post the highlights, get vex, delete them and rant and i didn't even have time to see any of that. But yuh know how we trinis stop - bad manners and all. Doh take it on ;D

anyway takenoprisoners,nice find (though i have to admit when i hear the commentary change from the english accent to the spanish?chinese? I say "whaz da one ;D)

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Dat ketch me too.
 :rotfl:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 08, 2007, 08:23:11 AM »
Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland
By Phil McNulty

Arsenal survived a scare before returning to the Premiership summit with a narrow win against Sunderland.

Robin van Persie's stunning free-kick and Philippe Senderos's finish put Arsenal two up inside 14 minutes.

But Ross Wallace pulled one back for Sunderland before half-time and Kenwyne Jones headed an equaliser three minutes after the interval to stun Arsenal.

Van Persie slid home an 80th-minute winner, while Sunderland's Paul McShane saw red for fouling Alexander Hleb
Full Report

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13329

Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's defeat at the Emirates Stadium:

"When you get off to a start like that you're thinking it could be five, six, seven or eight.

"But we stayed in the game and managed to get a decent first goal and when we got level I thought we were in with a chance.

"But there was still plenty of time for Arsenal to create chances and they did. They might have looked at it and thought they were unlucky to be level.

"I have to look at the positives. I keep talking about the character and the attitude but on top of that there was some very good play.

"I thought Liam Miller and Grant [Leadbitter] were outstanding - the lads gave it their all. When you come to play Arsenal you need a lot of luck to get a positive result. We had a little bit of luck, but not just enough.

"When you go to any ground, you say to your team let's be solid for the first 10 of 15 minutes. They obviously didn't listen! I should have just said let's concede a couple and let Arsenal enjoy it.

"They [Arsenal] have great pace and movement and Van Persie's finishing is top, we've seen him do it before.

"If you're not at the races in the Premier League, you will get beaten - it's simple.

"I enjoyed the game but not the result. There were plenty of chances, shots, the keepers made good saves, the five goals, it had a lot.

"I've said all along that we're not a bad team but we need to start turning decent performances into results. It was a decent performance but we're leaving London with zero points.

"On chances created they deserved to win the game but when you come to these grounds, you are going to be under pressure."

[on McShane's sending off]

"I'd love to say that I didn't have a clear view but I was about five yards away - I think the referee was quick to get out the red card. If we feel Paul has been out of order, we'll discipline him. We'll judge it when we see it on video again.

"The biggest punishment for Paul is that he will be missing for three games and we're certainly not in a position to be without players like that."

KJ

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13331
We gave a good showing - Jones

Kenwyne Jones thinks Sunderland put up a brave fight against Arsenal but gave themselves a mountain to climb at the Emirates on Sunday.

"I think we did well." said the striker.  "I don't think anyone gave us a chance and basically we shot ourselves in the foot by letting in two early goals. It was hard to come back from that but we did - but we just gave it away in the end."

"We went there with the idea that we were going to put our best foot forward and try and get something out of the game.  Even when they were 2-0 up we still had the belief, played as a team and worked our way back into it."

Two goals down after 15 minutes could have seen Keane's side crumble, but Ross Wallace gave them a glimmer of hope with his 25th minute goal. Jones then sent the travelling Sunderland fans into raptures with his equaliser and now customary somersault celebration just after the half-time break.

Jones said: "After being 2-0 down it was nice to get the goal to come back in to it and then getting the goal to equalise. At that point we were thinking that we were going to go on and win the game but unfortunately that didn't happen, so we just have to pick ourselves up for the next game."

Jones had another good chance towards the end of the game but in the end Robin van Persie's 80th minute strike clinched all three points for the Gunners.

"I wanted to do everything quickly and at least try and force something out of it, but that didn't happen, so I'm a bit disappointed, but at the end of the day I think we gave a good showing of ourselves."

"These kind of performances show us where we are, where we need to be and the mistakes that we're still making. We are definitely going to be looking back at this and taking positives from the game and trying to improve on it."

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:25:06 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: October 08, 2007, 08:24:22 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13332

Cats lose McShane for three games

Roy Keane will be without influential defender Paul McShane for three games following his sending off at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

McShane was given his marching orders in the 90th minute after a challenge on Arsenal's Alexander Hleb.

The Sunderland defender, who is currently on international duty with the Republic of Ireland, will be forced to sit out Sunderland's up-coming games against West Ham, Fulham and Man City after referee Rob Styles showed him a straight red card for what he judged to be a late challenge.

The decision will be a blow to Keane who is already without several key players due to long-term injuries.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: October 08, 2007, 08:36:19 AM »
Teams are made up of players.... whether it be international or the club level 

Supporting our national team is a no brainer,

Supporting another national team or a club team is based on

1. your appreciation of either the brand of play or overall philosophy of the administration

2. the favorite player(s) that put on that team uniform whether national or international

3. the underdog factor in some cases

but point number 2 will allow for interests to fluctuate over time based on the composition of certain squads and i get morvant point cause in all honesty we wouldnt care much about Sunderland if our players weren't playing there which i think is a fair position. Just as if Stern went to a Derby County then all of a sudden we would want the club to do well because one of our players was contributing to the clubs' position.

i mention point 3 which in itself is not in isolation, in another post someone mentioned how trinidad was backed by many different countries not participating, especially in Scotland which really is based on both points 2 and 3, we had a lot of players based in scotland as well as we were the underdog vs their arch rivals england.

The underdog talk is nonsense...Sunderland was underdog way before the Trini invasion yet nobody was interested in them.  I also doh see nobody supporting Birmingham neither.  People could support who ever they want and for whatever reason/s...but let's not kid ourselves...today/tomorrow Yorke/Edwards/Jones transfer out very few on here would continue to give two hoots about the Mackems.

I never mentioned that point 3 referred to Sunderland, check my post again.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: October 08, 2007, 08:41:47 AM »
this is the last time i will produce highlights....   this is about the 5th time i have done this involving trini(s) and i have received no credit or thanks..

I will just enjoy them myself from now

1. Unless you upload it or rip it, you eh "produce" no flickin highlights.
2. Why you want credit for postin a link you find somewhere?
3. On fbtz ppl give credit to the rippers and uploaders, not leeches who use their work and want credit for it.
4. I never see you credit anybody when you post those highlights.
5. Your attitude in this thing only makes sense when I take into account that you are a Manlover United supporter.

Seriously, you eh do nutting.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 08, 2007, 08:52:39 AM »
Nice pic with Yorke on Walcott
youth vs experience

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: October 08, 2007, 09:01:32 AM »
allyuh seriously backing that shyt side??? now i want all the best for the trini's playing with them but that side iz shyt. come on who seriously taught they could beat the gunners at the emirates???

wake up and smell the cool aid fellers.

If anything I think Sunderland is inconsistent and are suffering from injuries to key players. If they can hold Manu at old traff to just one goal and yesterday at Emirates to come back from 2 down to tie up until Arsenal scored the winner. C'mon man give them a break nah you want the m to just walk into the Prem and beat all the top dogs away from home, be realistic. I thought it was a good perfomrance overall and they could have won the game or at least hold Arsenal to a draw, but I am not writing them off at all!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »

I was actually co-signing on your point...whether you actually said the 'underdog' thing applied to Sunderland or not...others offered it as a reason why Sunderland gets support.  I'm disputing that as a legitimate reason (as opposed to the presence of the Trinis on the team) as to why that is.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 08, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

If Julius James sign for Sunderland tomorrow.... Morvant go buy a Sunderland jersey to jock in....  :devil: no lie...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »

I was actually co-signing on your point...whether you actually said the 'underdog' thing applied to Sunderland or not...others offered it as a reason why Sunderland gets support.  I'm disputing that as a legitimate reason (as opposed to the presence of the Trinis on the team) as to why that is.

I think the underdog factor could still be legit- esp from game to game where the whole concept of an "underdog" is most relevant. I would back Sunderland against Man U, or Chelsea regardless of a Trini presence. I know ppl who didn't like Man U even when Yorkie was there....but they backed Aston Villa b4 he left....and we know most ppl who hate, hate them just because they are a big side....Let's say there was a Trini on Sunderland & a Trini on Chelsea, chances are that some would back Sunderland in a head to head clash, just to see the giants get upset. Like G said, the underdog factor most likely won't stand in isolation, and we all know the Trini presence is the main (in most cases probably the only) driver behind attention paid to Sunderland in general on here, but in certain head to head clashes I think the underdog factor adds some fuel to the fire as well.....Agreed that without the Trinis most wouldn't care about Sunderland's success, but take the Trini presence as a given, the underdog factor is certainly relevant....I think all of us here would take more pleasure in seeing Sunderland topple Arsenal, or Chelsea than say Wigan.....same 3 points, same Trinis....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:03:47 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

Nobody say the Trinis didn't generate interest in the club. Of course, that is what really brought them to most of our attentions. Almost every team you root for was brought to your attention by personnel you admired. Does that make your interest in those teams any less valid? People root for the team because of the Trinis AND because they're plucky underdogs. I don't see what so hard to grasp in dat unless you being wilfully ignorant. The underdog factor plays a part.

And yes, I still wish good things for Birmingham. I still feel sorry that Luton got demoted. And Port Vale. I have interest in any team that adopt our boys and treat them well. I don't just selfishly root for the Trinis and screw the rest of the team. That's just me, though.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2007, 10:57:07 AM »

If Julius James sign for Sunderland tomorrow.... Morvant go buy a Sunderland jersey to jock in....  :devil: no lie...

well you hold a strong arguement there ;D

i would but i wouldnt have to buy the jersey :D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:32 AM »
Ujpest or Theobald?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 08, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »
doh overdo it

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: October 08, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »
this is the last time i will produce highlights....   this is about the 5th time i have done this involving trini(s) and i have received no credit or thanks..

I will just enjoy them myself from now

1. Unless you upload it or rip it, you eh "produce" no flickin highlights.
2. Why you want credit for postin a link you find somewhere?
3. On fbtz ppl give credit to the rippers and uploaders, not leeches who use their work and want credit for it.
4. I never see you credit anybody when you post those highlights.
5. Your attitude in this thing only makes sense when I take into account that you are a Manlover United supporter.

Seriously, you eh do nutting.

Well you find de fuking highlights from now...  all i saying is i could least get a thank you for even considering putting the highlights on socawarriors.net

I never said i made the highlights... i simply produced them here as in look for them online and then present them here..so f**k off

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 08, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »
Well you find de f**king highlights from now...  all i saying is i could least get a thank you for even considering putting the highlights on socawarriors.net

I never said i made the highlights... i simply produced them here as in look for them online and then present them here..so f**k off

"you really need to be careful how you talk to ppl on the forum, i dont appreciate it. tone down the disrespect, i dont know where you're from but where i am from, we dont tolerate that. dont even reply to this, just keep your mouth shut.

consider yourself warned.

and for your information, asshole, I have seen a lion. And not one of your crap ass queen of the jungle homoerotic pussy-cat lions. A real lion, with fangs and horns and wings and shit. Don't pull your f**king wierd ass Man united voodoo hypnosis crap on me when you don't even know wtf you're talking about."

/e-thug.txt

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>