April 16, 2024, 04:16:01 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 605908 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: Sunderland V Fulham
« Reply #2370 on: January 27, 2009, 03:40:35 PM »
TT 1 - USA 0.

KJ do everything in the second half that Cisse couldn't do in the first.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: January 27, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
If KJ could learn to run off the ball better, he will be very good. Good composure to finish a bullet from Cisse.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: January 27, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »
The whole Sunderland side don't move off the ball at alll.
They waiting for ball to move them..  "see ball chase ball"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: January 27, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
lovelee 3 points.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: January 27, 2009, 05:43:47 PM »
Jones Celebrates With Winner For Sunderland
Sunderland beat Fulham thanks to a goal from the striker who earlier today committed himself to another four years on Wearside...

Sunderland 1-0 Fulham
Kenwyne Jones celebrated committing himself to Sunderland by scoring the goal that gave Sunderland victory and three welcome points against a Fulham side coming to terms with life after midfield playmaker Jimmy Bullard,. now at Hull.

Jones struck the goal ten minutes into the second half, after Andy Reid went on a run at the heart of the Fulham defence and the ball broke to Djibril Cisse, whose shot was stopped by Mark Schwarzer, but came out to the Trinidad & Tobago striker. Jones, who only signed a new four-year contract at the Stadium of Light earlier today, duly knocked it into the net.

Fulham's barren spell on the road therefore continues - they are winless away from home this season - but it might have been different if Simon Davies had converted the Cottagers' best chance. However, the Welshman put the ball over from six yards when Clint Dempsey nodded it down for him.

However, Cisse probably should have scored himself in the first half when his follow-up, after a Jones effort was parried by Schwarzer, was blocked.

Ex-Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque was denied from eight yards by an excellent Schwarzer save, while Jones nearly made it two for Sunderland at the death, beating his marker but having his shot well saved by Schwarzer. 

It was disappointing for Fulham to slip to their second successive League defeat after having enjoyed a fine run of nine games unbeaten. But for Sunderland, victory was most welcome, and nudged them further away from the relegation zone. It was also the ideal tonic ahead of Sunday's North-East derby against  fellow-strugglers Newcastle United at St James' Park.

The first half was somewhat frustrating for the Black Cats who carved out several half-chances but could not put any of them away - partly because of Schwarzer's good form in dealing with the twin threat of Cisse and Jones.

But Sunderland keeper Marton Fulop, in contrast, had very little to do as Fulham failed to test him meaningfully in the opening 45 minutes, though Andrew Johnson had a 28th-minute shot deflected wide by Danny Collins, and Clint Dempsey fired narrowly wide in the 39th.

Possession was being given away too readily by both sides as he game cried out for a touch of quality and inspiration. But if Fulham boss Roy Hodgson was marginally the happier manager at half-time, given that Sunderland's need of three points was the greater, it didn't take long for his counterpart Ricky Sbragia start feeling better.

His side came out more purposefully after the break, and Schwarzer was soon forced to leave his line and punch clear a teasing cross from Reid.

The Australian keeper then did well on 55 minutes to parry a curling snapshot from Cisse, but this time Jones reacted more quickly than any of the Fulham defenders to side-foot the ball into the net from close range.

The goal lifted the tension inside the stadium but the Wearsiders really needed a second to calm the nerves, and Malbranque's swerving shot on 63 minutes would have provided it had Schwarzer not pulled off another good save.

The Mackems' hearts were in their mouths five minutes later when Dempsey headed down John Pantsil's deep cross at the far post for Simon Davies, but he could only blaze high over as Fulop rushed out to narrow the angle.

Malbranque then had another good chance to wrap things up seconds later but Schwarzer's superb  reaction save thwarted him.

Pantsil's shot was well wide of the target when he found himself in space near the corner of the penalty area, and Jones was denied a brace after beating defender Brede Hangeland but seeing Schwarzer keep his shot out.

Sunderland: Fulop, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Collins, McCartney, Malbranque, Whitehead, Tainio, Reid, Cisse, Jones.
Subs: Colgan, Edwards, Diouf, Chopra, Leadbitter, Healy, McShane.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky, Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora.
Subs: Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Gera, Stoor, Andreasen, Kallio, Baird.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: January 27, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »
Carlos need more type space
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: January 27, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
KJ eh letting Scotty show him up ,,,....  GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLD

GOLASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

???

Simple tap in, no?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2378 on: January 27, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »

???

Simple tap in, no?

Almost identical to the chance Cisse had in the first half following up on KJs shot.
Doubt he would say it was simple.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »

???

Simple tap in, no?

Almost identical to the chance Cisse had in the first half following up on KJs shot.
Doubt he would say it was simple.

no, it was a simple tap in. doesn't mean it wasn't a fine goal. I think BnS is just saying it wasn't out of the ordinary, which is what a golazo is supposed to be. Some announcers seem to use it anytime a goal scores to kind of hype up the game. but ask any latin..only spectacular strikes are true golazos.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: January 27, 2009, 08:13:14 PM »
no, it was a simple tap in. doesn't mean it wasn't a fine goal. I think BnS is just saying it wasn't out of the ordinary, which is what a golazo is supposed to be. Some announcers seem to use it anytime a goal scores to kind of hype up the game. but ask any latin..only spectacular strikes are true golazos.

yeah I not trying to split hairs or otherwise take away from the goal... I just thought ah "golazo" was ah bullet... string up keeper or buss de net kinda goal.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: January 27, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

yeah I not trying to split hairs or otherwise take away from the goal... I just thought ah "golazo" was ah bullet... string up keeper or buss de net kinda goal.

yeah. bullet, bicycle..anything amazing

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: January 27, 2009, 11:02:34 PM »
If he missed yuh woulda hear cuss. only scoty does get easy goals , like in penal penal penalty.

BTW that was no easy tap in, rather jones made it look easy, if allyuh noticed there was ah 50-50 challenge and jones beat the defender by ah split second to the ball and despite ah skate tackle from the defender still manage to keep composure and and nailed it. great goal!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: January 28, 2009, 05:20:06 AM »
More happy with tthe points but I thought the game was OK, still same old same old need a CM and defenders we'll be OK.

A couple seem to want to make it a pissing competition between Cisse and Kenwyne, which is quite hard given that they are 2 different types of players.  I thought tonight was the 1st real signs of them working together they seemed to look to involved eachother more tonight in all the rest of the games put together.  It didn't always come off but at least it shows that they are working on it.  I made a point in saying on the last match thread that the last few games that Kenwyne seems to be making more runs into teh 6 yard box across the front post etc.  He also knew Cisse was going to shoot ( a decent shot) and follwed in for any pieces and put it away nicely.  Something we haven't really seen Kenwyne doing, ironically it was similar in the 1st half but the keeper blocked it beyond Kenwyne, taht too could of easily dropped his way.  On the few occasions both get into the box with a player wide KJ has been making the run on goal and Cisse has been stopping at about the penalty spot, so the ball has a much better chance of falling to either of them.  I thought teh defender made a great block when it was the other away around and Cisse picked up the pieces from Kenwyne's shot.  I was pleased with them tonight because to me it was the 1st time it looked like they were working together and the things that must of been happening in training were there to see in a match.  Still think the team is unbalanced a not really a team, just want to get through the season still in the EPL and a couple of players in the summer.

BTW the Guardian has a cynical column called The Fiver and in yesterdays it had Kenwyne Jones signs a new 4.5 year contract which will see him stay at Sunderland until the summer of 2009.  Thought it was funny, but history tells us it could prove prophetic. ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: January 28, 2009, 06:10:01 AM »

I post that after hearing he scored, did not even see the goal until later in the night, but yes, that's what a golaso is (above explanations), lawd, all yuh meticulous too bad, later
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:15:50 AM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 28, 2009, 11:52:23 AM »
If he missed yuh woulda hear cuss. only scoty does get easy goals , like in penal penal penalty.

BTW that was no easy tap in, rather jones made it look easy, if allyuh noticed there was ah 50-50 challenge and jones beat the defender by ah split second to the ball and despite ah skate tackle from the defender still manage to keep composure and and nailed it. great goal!

yep..noone dissing the goal. in fact, sometimes the simplest goals are the hardest to score. But it was a simple goal and any striker at that level would be seriously dissapointed not to score one of those. In any case, I was only trying to explain why BnS asked the question about a certain term - golazo- and how it is used. You never know, some people might care to know what the term golazo really means..it's not spliting hairs, or a put down of the goal. People on here can be too defensive. And you self, if a penalty was so easy, why bother take them. Might as well just give a goal once there is a foul in the box. you want to make a good point but your personal bias against Scotty have you contradicting yourself

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 28, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

I post that after hearing he scored, did not even see the goal until later in the night, but yes, that's what a golaso is (above explanations), lawd, all yuh meticulous too bad, later
are we now goin to be told to ascribe a level of enthusiasm for the types of goals our players score :o
wow

shit man....we cyar bad talk players on trial.................. now this
 :devil: :devil:

;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:59:14 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 28, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »

haha. doh take it so. by the way, i find KJ scoring some real 'striker's' goals this season. plenty six yard predatory thing other than headers. i like it. his strike rate is also about 3 times better than last year despite missing a good chunk of the season and pre season through injury. 6 goals in 14 games (only 11 starts) in the EPL is a creditable strike rate. He had 7 in 33 starts last season. Add 2 more goals in 2 starts in Cup competitions, and you have 8 goals in 13 starts. not bad at all

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 28, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »

are we now goin to be told to ascribe a level of enthusiasm for the types of goals our players score :o
wow

;D

u overdoing it. read the posts and you will see that was never the intent

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 28, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »

wow
 :devil:

;D

Filho, ya disappoint me here today
and I Thought that the two  :devil: and the  ;D would have done it for allya.....my bad......sorry
Arrow, what am I doing wrong :D :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 28, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

haha. doh take it so. by the way, i find KJ scoring some real 'striker's' goals this season. plenty six yard predatory thing other than headers. i like it. his strike rate is also about 3 times better than last year despite missing a good chunk of the season and pre season through injury. 6 goals in 14 games (only 11 starts) in the EPL is a creditable strike rate. He had 7 in 33 starts last season. Add 2 more goals in 2 starts in Cup competitions, and you have 8 goals in 13 starts. not bad at all

No seen man Filho, yuh know we good like goodyear....and yes, yuh on pt., is strike rate is much improved over last season, man seemed poised for continued success, best of luck KJ, we are behind you 115%
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 28, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

and I Thought that the two  :devil: and the  ;D would have done it for allya.....my bad......sorry

well..if you look at my post, i included your original post and there was no 'devil' emoticon after the first statement. that was obviously something you edited in later.  based on the emoticon you used, and the 'wow' after..it seems you were pretty serious about your first statement.

you seemed to be catching kix or being sarcastic only with your second statement. cyah read you mind breds..and you can't edit your post and pretend that was what your had originally...welcome to the internet  :devil: ;) kix

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:26:38 PM by Filho »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 28, 2009, 12:26:09 PM »

wow
 :devil:

;D

well..if you look at my post, i included your original post and there was no emoticon after the first statement. that was obviously something you edited in later.  there was no way of telling you weren't serious.

you seemed to be catching kix or being sarcastic only with your second statement. cyah read you mind breds..and you can't edit your post and pretend that was what your had originally...welcome to the internet  :devil: ;) kix
clarification: well my friend you quoted post #59 and it contains all you NOW say is NOT in it ::)
anyways....carry on  :D :D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 28, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

clarification: well my friend you quoted post #59 and it contains all you NOW say is NOT in it ::)

wtf?..you gone crazy today or what. you edited your post after i replied. look at my original response to your post. come on WC..doh be a baby.
[/quote]
sir....I cant edit your post #61 which is a quote of mine...seriously who is THE BABY
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »

wtf?..you gone crazy today or what. you edited your post after i replied. look at my original response to your post. come on WC..doh be a baby.
sir....I cant edit your post #61 which is a quote of mine...seriously who is THE BABY
[/quote]

i guess we on different wavelengths. You said you were on kicks based on the emoticons you used. I said I could not tell because you added emoticons after I had already replied. Can we leave it at that. Your responses after that are what confused me..seemed like you were denying that. This is a bizarre conversation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:34:54 PM by Filho »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 28, 2009, 12:50:46 PM »

i guess we on different wavelengths. You said you were on kicks based on the emoticons you used. I said I could not tell because you added emoticons after I had already replied. Can we leave it at that. Your responses after that are what confused me..seemed like you were denying that. This is a bizarre conversation.
[/quote]

well dont say things that are clearly incorrect
your quote of my post contains the said emoticons that you still claim were not not there when you pressed the quote button
so your assertion is totally out of line
it is as plain as day sir
You still disappoint me......maybe you are having a terrible day.....so, I will leave it at that
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 28, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »

well dont say things that are clearly incorrect
your quote of my post contains the said emoticons that you still claim were not not there when you pressed the quote button
so your assertion is totally out of line
it is as plain as day sir
You still disappoint me......maybe you are having a terrible day.....so, I will leave it at that
[/quote]

WC when i look at my screen, your original post #59, is different from your post #62. so to me it looks like you edited your post after i replied. if you can explain why your original post and your own response are different, then you have my humblest apologies. BUt I'm not trying to be out of line. I am just describing what I see on my screen. Do u really see different?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:34:21 PM by Filho »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 28, 2009, 01:26:45 PM »
OH fack ah cyah follow, Perry Mason dead...fuhget it nah  :devil: :rotfl: :-* :'( :-X :-[

emoticons added   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 28, 2009, 01:32:18 PM »
OH fack ah cyah follow, Perry Mason dead...fuhget it nah  :devil: :rotfl: :-* :'( :-X :-[

emoticons added   :rotfl: :rotfl:

oh shi* man. i look for dat. heheh. forum argument is rell set up ting  :devil: :devil:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 01:36:44 PM by Filho »

1]; } ?>