April 29, 2024, 11:36:44 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609797 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #2790 on: November 21, 2009, 10:47:56 AM »
Sunderland living dangerously.

Arsenal is the almost team this game. They almost score plenty times
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: November 21, 2009, 10:51:26 AM »
wey KJ?

He watching the game on FSC :D

Seems so.  I say he must be injured

How much games he out for?  Just this one?
suspended as a result of the red card
I think this is last game to sit out
SHIT he have one more to sit out
it was for 3 matches
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:59:59 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
that's a penalty
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 21, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
wey KJ?

it was for 3 matches

D Bent eatin up the goals.  He on another level than KJ.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:02:52 AM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #2794 on: November 21, 2009, 10:56:26 AM »
SUnderland could have been second in the table ahd they closed off some previous games..lol

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: November 21, 2009, 10:56:49 AM »
Well deserved, Sunderland. Arsenal didn't quite show up today. But that's because Sunderland neutralize them.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 21, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »
Once again,
Steve Bruce is a genius.
Bent is, by far, the best transfer of the season so far.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 21, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »
who woulda beleive that after round 13 Sunderland and Liverpool go be even on pts..

ah love it !!
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: November 21, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
Catched the last 20 mins...Sunderland looked real good! Amazing difference in this squad's play from last season to now...Reid is de general on that team boy! Congrats Sunderland  :beermug:

KJ still serving his red card suspension?

-K

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 21, 2009, 01:26:51 PM »
Good 3 points strange game really.

As good as we were against Spuds I thought we were poor in the 1st half today sloppy, slow, too far back and stood off them.  Still had a couple of chances though which Malbranque didn't make the best of.  He hasn't hit anywhere near his form of last season, same with Richardson.  I thought Da Silva was the stand out today Bruce has given him time to settle and gets better by the game, although he didn't have a physical presence to deal with today he had to cover for both fullbacks quite often, he looks like a good player, hope I haven't jinxed him now.  Mensah didn't look fit or confident got off to a shaky start and never really recovered, makes Da Silva's performance better.  Much better in the 2nd half, but not a great game.  Thought Cana again did well and Zenden is a calming influence to bring on late in that situation.  Henderson isn't really a CM and the game past him by for the most part today, I hope he learned a lot today.

Catched the last 20 mins...Sunderland looked real good! Amazing difference in this squad's play from last season to now...Reid is de general on that team boy! Congrats Sunderland  :beermug:

KJ still serving his red card suspension?

-K

One more game to go, next week away at Wigan then he can play again, away at Fulham 6th December

wey KJ?

it was for 3 matches

D Bent eatin up the goals.  He on another level than KJ.

The big difference between Bent and Kenwyn is that Bent gets himself into a position to score, he goes when and where he thinks the ball is going to go and gets caught offside for it more often, where Kenwyne will wait until the ball is played and then move and seems to get caught on his heels, if you don't get into the danger areas in open play then you are going to score less, Kenwyne needs to gamble more.

truetrini

« Reply #2800 on: November 21, 2009, 04:32:04 PM »
Kev, if Sunderland had capitalized in some earlier games this season, they would be laying a solid second in the EPL right now.

2 points against Man U, blown game against Wigan and some others....clearly second now if they had done the job!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: November 21, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »
so against de big 3 sunderland have 7 points.wow.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: November 21, 2009, 04:53:31 PM »
so against de big 3 sunderland have 7 points.wow.

giant killers.. ;)
but seriously they really should have been in a much better position than they are right now...
lately they've been looking like premiership material...keep it up  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
Question is .. when KJ is available, would Bruce go back to 2 strikers? Sunlund looks very effective with Bent up front alone and Richardson in that attacking mid-field position.. :-\

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
Question is .. when KJ is available, would Bruce go back to 2 strikers? Sunlund looks very effective with Bent up front alone and Richardson in that attacking mid-field position.. :-\
when KJ was there they was talking bout he and bent one of the top partnership Bruce go have to be a madman to stop that... yea but shockingly them fellas look good today well kinda cause to me from the peice of the game i saw, Arsenal was dictating play but a win is a win.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: November 22, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »

He will go back to 442 I have no doubt, Bent doesn't really like the single striker role, we need to sort out the fullbacks and someone for the right side.  Sorting the fullbacks will allow 442 at the minute we just haven't really got the midfield to work it properly with Cattermole out. 

Its easy to get carried away, I didn't think we were that good 1st half, we played well aginst Manu, Liverpool, Spuds and deserved more, but at teh same time we didn't turn up against Birmingham, Burnley & Stoke, we got lucky with a few results with poor performances so it probably evens itself out.  Black (assistant coach) was on about adding 1/2/3 1st team players in the Jan window, I hope we do, if we can keep our position until then we should have a good chance of attracting proper players.  We will see over the next 2 transfer windows what the ambition of the club really is.  I wil / am happy if we have a "boring" safe season and finish top half fairly easily tbh.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 25, 2009, 06:53:31 PM »
we (stoke & Sunderland) fighting for that 7th spot . we pushing for europe ,
Table ...http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=4730&stage=1

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 28, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »
Wigan v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT

Might struggle to find a working link this week as only on 2 channels but the usual sites are there not updated as of yet.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=56186&part=sports
http://atdhe.net/
http://www.iraqgoals.net/

This is Kenwyne's last match of his suspension, so should be back next week at Fulham.

Bent had a hamstring problem at the end of last week, looked like missing 3/4/5 games but the noises are he is going to gamble and play him, not something I would do and it will be interesting to see if he gets through the game unscathed.  Campbell to me doesn't look like a player that can lead the line and really needs to play off someome.

The other decision is around CH pairing, Mensah is available as is Da Silva and Turner.  Mensah looked ring rusty / not quite fit last week, Da Silva for me was MOTM at his proper position, for me it would be a choice of 1 to partner Da Silva.  Mensah needs games and have to find out if he is upto it so that would be my choice.  Bruce may play both and push Da Silva to left back again. 

Wigan had a nightmare last week, so I would expect them to come out all guns blazing this week and try to prove a point, we should be capable of getting something from this game, but that will depend on what happens with Bent and if the team turns up, so far in matches like this away from home they haven't more often than they have.  Bruce obviously has his own point to prove returning to his former club so his has no doubt been drumming it into them all week, lets hope it works this time.

He is off scouting this weekend in Europe for the Jan sales, 3 good players would be nice.

Have a nice weekend everyone.   

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 28, 2009, 02:42:20 AM »
Thanks for the update Kev.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: November 28, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
Scottie beat the keeper with the shot and hit the post . Damn  :frustrated: :frustrated:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 28, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
As ah tune in Scottie come off.

Bramble make 2 clearances towards his own goal in succession lol.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 28, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
I wish I could say it was a surprise but it wasn't, a bit better 2nd half but Wigan hit the panic button a bit.  Where the team hasn't turned up is Wigan, Stoke, Burnley (2nd half) Birmingham, we certainly didn't get what we deserved at Spurs but we definately did today. 

Da Silva was great against Arsenal but as above I was curious how he would cope with a physical presence, he didn't look comfortable at all not helped by the fact a different partner, both him and Turner were to blame for the goal. 

Boring but I will repeat it Richardson and Malbranque just don't offer enough often enough and when Reid doesn't play very well there is little to no creavity in the team.  Midfield is short today we only had Zenden on the bench.  The amount of times the ball was wasted or given away was criminal.  Ah well Fulham next week.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 28, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
Sundeland (trinis) Stoke (yardman) Fulham (yankees) are chasing down the 7th spot .
http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=4730&stage=1

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 28, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »
Sundeland (trinis) Stoke (yardman) Fulham (yankees) are chasing down the 7th spot .
http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=4730&stage=1

Don't forget Liverpool  :devil:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: December 06, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »
Fulham v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT

The game isn't live in the UK, being played today because of Fulham's involvement in Europe on Thursday.  It is being carried by a few foriegn channels so maybe get a link that works.  Usual links not updated as of yet.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=57247&part=sports
http://www.iraqgoals.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Kenwyne is doubtful with his injury, with the 2 week international break and the suspension he was out 5 weeks so Bruce thought he would give him a run out in midweek, just one of those things.  I think Bruce has lost his patience with a couple of players and the teams failure to turn up at away games so makes the changes that were likely to happen anyway in Jan summer much more likely.  Fulham are a solid team but it depends which Sunderland turn up which is anybodies guess, still need to sort fullbacks and wide midfield.  Mensah's calf injury has returned so he is unavailable, he is only on loan but needs to get fit and stay fit as he has only played 2 games, hasn't adjusted and with his injury record to date isn't an investment I would make, he might be a good player but if you are only going to get half a season if that he is far too expensive, he is also off to the African Cup of Nations in Jan, so he will need a very good finish to the season and play week in week out for the club to make it worthwhile imho. 

Have a nice weekend

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
Sunderland
32 Fulop
02 Bardsley
04 Turner
05 Ferdinand
08 Malbranque
10 Richardson
16 Henderson
19 Cana
20 Reid
11 Bent
17 Jones

Substitutes
24 Carson, 06 Nosworthy, 22 Da Silva, 07 Zenden, 09 Campbell, 14 Murphy, 23 Healy

Fulham
01 Schwarzer
03 Konchesky
04 Pantsil
05 Hangeland
06 Baird
18 Hughes
16 Duff
23 Dempsey
27 Greening
10 Nevland
25 Zamora

Substitutes
19 Zuberbuhler, 26 Smalling, 07 Ki-Hyeon, 11 Gera, 13 Murphy, 17 Riise, 34 Dikgacoi
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:32:48 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: December 06, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
aaapppps
ah Trini scores the first Goal :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: December 06, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
aaapppps
ah Trini scores the first Goal :devil:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior