April 19, 2024, 08:47:33 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606521 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #2850 on: December 24, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »
RIP ........... to this thread
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: December 24, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
The appeal got rejected and he got an extra game for a frivilous appeal so now banned for 4 matches.

Personally didn't think it was a sending off offence myself.

That's the english get-stuck-in-lads mentality in you speaking.

If that was not a sending off offence I don't know what is.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: December 25, 2009, 01:21:17 AM »
The appeal got rejected and he got an extra game for a frivilous appeal so now banned for 4 matches.

Personally didn't think it was a sending off offence myself.

That's the english get-stuck-in-lads mentality in you speaking.

If that was not a sending off offence I don't know what is.

He never took his eyes off the ball, no delibrate movement of the elbow towards the player, if thats your idea of a sending off then there won't be many CH's left on the pitch at the end of games, happens in many games week in week out.

RIP ........... to this thread

Never getting off that easy 8)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:27:46 AM by kev »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: December 25, 2009, 01:47:01 AM »
I thought that the turner decision would have been an easy one to overturn, but i guess i was wrong.

The fact that they added another game tothe ban can only serve to add coals to the fire that the FA favour certain clubs.  What happened with Turner was not even a sending off!!

ah cyar love shit!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: December 26, 2009, 09:21:41 AM »
That might be the best cross a Trini ever put into the box.
Sublime!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 26, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »
KJ just doe make much happen...yes he made ah good cross but he doesnt create much..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 26, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »
see what ah mean....he defending poor on Fellaini....real POOR marking in d box...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 26, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »
see what ah mean....he defending poor on Fellaini....real POOR marking in d box...

I am almost positive that Fellaini was KJ's assignment on that cross.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 26, 2009, 10:57:48 AM »

Agreed....I think Bruce losing patience....even though he sees KJ's potential
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:00:48 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 26, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
The match up between then was actually one of the more interesting battles in this match.

It was a fair result though, after their goal Sunderland was playing kick and hope.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 26, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »

Agreed....I think Bruce losing patience....even though he sees KJ's potential
You think so based on him playing the full 90 minutes and setting up the goal?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 26, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
The match up between then was actually one of the more interesting battles in this match.

It was a fair result though, after their goal Sunderland was playing kick and hope.

Fellaini is ah handful... real nice touches although his gangliness makes him look awkward at times.  As the commentator said though, and to your point... that Everton goal was always coming.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 26, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
You think so based on him playing the full 90 minutes and setting up the goal?

Yuh have ah point ..but we goe know where Brucie really stand in d January transfer window...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: December 26, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »
now watch the highlights..

allyuh really on Kenwyne case for that?

better question is where were the central defenders whose job it was to cover that area of the box?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: December 26, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »
now watch the highlights..

allyuh really on Kenwyne case for that?

better question is where were the central defenders whose job it was to cover that area of the box?

If you'd watched the actual match you'd see that KJ and Fellaini were man-marking each other on crosses in the box the entire game... as opposed to mythical "central defenders" zonal marking areas of the box.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: December 26, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »
Sorry lads wasn't on line this morning.

Same as Man City match really, 2 teams couldn't defend, suprised it took them so long to score and it was only 1-1, awful defending. 

Both Bent and Kenwyne missed decent chances in teh first 10 minutes, Kenwyne for some reason let a ball bounce on him and then went in with a high foot, and Bent missed a fairly easy heade from about 10 yards by about 10 yards, one of those things that you wish the chances had gone to the players the other way around.

FAO dinho

You want to see what a sending off looks like have a look at Cahill's elbow on Mensah. he stood took a look at Mensah waited for him and swung the elbow, everything about it was delibrate yet got a yellow card, everything that Turner didn't do last week. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: December 26, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »

Same as Man City match really, 2 teams couldn't defend, suprised it took them so long to score and it was only 1-1, awful defending. 

Both Bent and Kenwyne missed decent chances in teh first 10 minutes, Kenwyne for some reason let a ball bounce on him and then went in with a high foot, and Bent missed a fairly easy heade from about 10 yards by about 10 yards, one of those things that you wish the chances had gone to the players the other way around.

FAO dinho

You want to see what a sending off looks like have a look at Cahill's elbow on Mensah. he stood took a look at Mensah waited for him and swung the elbow, everything about it was delibrate yet got a yellow card, everything that Turner didn't do last week. 

i didnt see that incident, and the way you described it i wouldn't doubt that was deserving of a red card.

But regardless of whether you think Turner's was intentional or not, the rules are very clear on this. You cannot jump in for a header with raised elbows. It is extremely dangerous and it is a clear red card offence.

This is not to suggest that you don't see alot of defenders doing it to get elevation, but still where there is contact like what happened with G. Barry, the referee has little option.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: December 26, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »
Sunderland look and play like the TnT national side - Pure shit. Horrible decisions on the ball, no midfield. Ive seen better standard of play in MLS.
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: December 26, 2009, 05:17:34 PM »
Sunderland look and play like the TnT national side - Pure shit. Horrible decisions on the ball, no midfield. Ive seen better standard of play in MLS.

I real like Henderson and Reid though.  Forget KJ, any re-building on this team needs to be done around those two.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: December 27, 2009, 12:54:51 AM »

FAO dinho

i didnt see that incident, and the way you described it i wouldn't doubt that was deserving of a red card.

But regardless of whether you think Turner's was intentional or not, the rules are very clear on this. You cannot jump in for a header with raised elbows. It is extremely dangerous and it is a clear red card offence.

This is not to suggest that you don't see alot of defenders doing it to get elevation, but still where there is contact like what happened with G. Barry, the referee has little option.

Have to agree to disagree on this, my simple reasoning behind it wasn't a red card was that Turner was way above Barry  in the incident, you have to use your arms to jump (strangely includes the elbow), there was no look from Turner to see where Barry was and there was no real (intentional or not) movement of his arm/elbow towards Barry either.  If Barry had of got to roughly the same height as Turner his arm would be on Barry's chest, still a sending off.  The pundits mostly ex players almost to a man say it was no sending off and can't believe the extra game ban for a "Frivilous Appeal". 

I real like Henderson and Reid though.  Forget KJ, any re-building on this team needs to be done around those two.

Be careful BNS he was the reason Bruce let Carlos go, I think he is a good player in the making but not as a CM where BRuce has been playing him due to injury of Cattermole (again), he is also making the mistake of using him too much due to the same circumstances, needs to be out wide just lacks that very quick pace.

Missing Cattermole and need a 2 wide players, Henderson is only a kid and needs bringing on properly, the problem is the defence, if you watch the games teh RB gets very little cover usually from Malbranque, the LB (McCartney) just hides in the box leaving Reid to cover out there most of the time, they all drop back too far so when they get the ball back it usually has to be hoofed to either Bent or Kenwyne.  The players available actually suit either 451 or 1441 better than 442 but will still be tata(?) at defending, the team is going nowhere until the defence is sorted, Mensah hasn't really played due to injury and is now missing January for ACON.  As a priority the team really needs a LB, CH and WM, we only have 2 real CM's at the club Cattermole & Cana the others are nuisance value only.  Its fairly obvious with teh run of results lately they lack any real belief or confidence imho.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: December 28, 2009, 02:59:27 AM »
Blackburn v Sunderland 3.00 GMT KO

A few channels are showing it so maybe unlucky and get a link that works, not updated yet.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=59552&part=sports
http://atdhe.net/11321/watch-blackburn-vs-sunderland
http://www.iraqgoals.net/
http://www.p2p4u.net/

Kenwyne is a doubt with an injury, as too is Cattermole, Mensah and Richardson.  Turner still suspended, Ferninand injured makes interesting reading for a back 4, oh dear.

The good news is that given so many forced changes the team might actually turn up, but I have my doubts.  Don't really expect anything tbh, but in reality should do.  Role on transfer window and hope we actually spend some money this Jan.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2871 on: December 28, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
A real skeleton squad playing this game. Meyler?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: December 28, 2009, 10:58:18 AM »
Wasn't expecting Reid missing, forgot about Malbranque being injured.  Can't defend don't expect anything so a point against a poor Blackburn better than nothing.

He is just a kid, bought from Ireland about a year / 18 months ago, was in preseason squad but did his knee so hasn't been long back.  He got a late start in football aswell but tahts what teh squad is down to at the minute, to give him a chance should really be bringing palyers such as him on with a strong team beside him rather than the current situation, especially as a CM, thought he done OK but hard to tell really.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2873 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »
Wasn't expecting Reid missing, forgot about Malbranque being injured.  Can't defend don't expect anything so a point against a poor Blackburn better than nothing.

He is just a kid, bought from Ireland about a year / 18 months ago, was in preseason squad but did his knee so hasn't been long back.  He got a late start in football aswell but tahts what teh squad is down to at the minute, to give him a chance should really be bringing palyers such as him on with a strong team beside him rather than the current situation, especially as a CM, thought he done OK but hard to tell really.
I remember him being bought as "one for the future" and I've heard his name associated with reserve games. Just surprised to see him starting. First team squad has gone from too big to too thin. Especially in midfield.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: January 02, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

I remember him being bought as "one for the future" and I've heard his name associated with reserve games. Just surprised to see him starting. First team squad has gone from too big to too thin. Especially in midfield.

Aye your right.

Started again today with Henderson as his partner in CM, again looked OK needs developing properly.  Reid will be missing for most of Jan as will Cattermole, Richardson uncle Tom etc. 

Poor game today hard to tell who was the non league team at times tbh ::)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »
OK Blue Man Group
Bring it ON  ;D

Saturday, 16 January 2010
Chelsea v Sunderland, 15:00
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »
Chelsea v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT.

Kenwyne looks like he may make it back for this one, in another makeshift team and no new signings yet.

On plenty of channels so a good bet for a working link, as normal not updated as of yet.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=61599&part=sports
http://www.p2p4u.net/
http://www.iraqgoals.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Have a nice weekend

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: January 16, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
23 minute

chel 3 - sund 0

when Ashley Cole scoring, is a long night for sunderland
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: January 16, 2010, 09:29:50 AM »
23 minute

chel 3 - sund 0

when Ashley Cole scoring, is a long night for sunderland

Long night !!!!  yuh mean good night.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: January 16, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
come on fellas
get at least one
damn 4-0
poor sunny just watchin
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:36:50 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>