April 18, 2024, 07:52:08 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606236 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #2910 on: January 27, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »
Boi

look pressure for KJ now
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: January 27, 2010, 05:58:47 PM »
Everton never had to get out of 1st gear as expected.

Quite a funny bit tonight, Kenwyne had a wayward shot the Everton fans started singing "Sign him up Rafa", in response the Sunderland fans sang the same. I don't go to away games anymore (used to go to them all) and the away support is fiercely loyal, even if the chant is in jest it shows signs the fans are starting to doubt him. 

Bruce hasn't handled this situation at all well, but it has also come at a good time for him as it deflects attention, at the minute he looks completely lost as mentioned before weird decisions, lame excuses, ill prepared team/tactics, my twopenneth anyway.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: January 29, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
Black Cats in Benjani talks
SkySports.com

Striker set for Stadium of Light move

Sky Sports News understands Sunderland are in talks to sign Manchester City striker Benjani.

Benjani's future at City has been the subject of speculation for the last few weeks with a number of clubs credited with an interest in the Zimbabwe international.

The 31-year-old has found himself back in favour at City since the appointment of Roberto Mancini, but he is well down the pecking order when everyone is available at Eastlands.

West Ham were believed to be close to signing the former Portsmouth man, but they have ended their interest in Benjani.

Sunderland have now jumped to the head of the queue for Benjani with the player understood to be on Wearside for talks.

If Benjani joins Sunderland it is sure to fuel speculation that Kenwyne Jones could be on his way out of the Stadium of Light with Liverpool holding an interest in the player.

City boss Roberto Mancini revealed Benjani will make the final decision on whether or not he stays or goes.

"I spoke with him two days ago and he told me he had a possibility to go and play," said Mancini.

"We have a lot of strikers but it is up to him to decide.

"If he wants to stay here I will be happy. He is a good player and a good man."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:45 AM »
Benjani = Headless Chicken (sorry there doesn't seem to be a smiley for it)

Bruce is hitting the panic button. 

He has banked for 2 transfer windows in a row in getting Figueroa (sp) to sort the LB problem out and today he signs a new contract with Wigan, I don't thing they even bothered scouting / sounding out another 1 :banginghead:

My initial thoughts on Bruce was an uninspired / average appointment, was happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he seems to be going out of his way to prove my original thinking correct.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2914 on: January 29, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Benjani = Headless Chicken
Good news for the "Jones is lazy" crowd.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: January 31, 2010, 02:59:55 PM »
Robbie Keane to Sunderland for £9m has been rumoured...less than 24 hours to go to get it done... :beermug:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 01, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
Put it in Kenwyne thread not going to happen according to some the report is way off the mark.

A big rumour Benjani has failed medical

According to SSN

We have signed the egyptian RB we had on trial in the summer, but wanted on loan, haven't really watched ACON so know nothing about the lad, but stories come out all the time from egypt about players signing / about to sign for clubs that the clubs know nothing about.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_5907725,00.html

According to SSN we are also speaking to Alan Hutton & Tyrone Mears so thats 3 RB's supposedly in talks, I know hedging your bets but tahts just silly, so your guess is as good as mine as to whats really going on.

Striker rumour is know Beattie from Stoke, if true Bruce is getting desperate a stop gap panic measure if I ever seen one (same as Mears).   I suspect its a further sign of how poor Kenwyne and Bruce relationship is, looking from the outside anyway.

Bruce keeps going on about defenders and how short we are, not mentioned midfield where we are equally short in numbers and creativity. 

Tonights match Sunderland v Stoke KO 8.00 PM GMT

Possible Links

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=61626&part=sports
http://www.p2p4u.net/
http://www.iraqgoals.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Cold possibly wet and windy night 2 poor teams should be paying me to go.  Haven't a clue on what to expect, give in trying to 2nd guess Bruce this and the following 2 games is crunch time if we lose them we are in deep tata (been here too long going local) and Bruce will lose most of the crowd. 

Don't whinge to me if you watch it, you've been warned :devil:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 01, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
Well, KJ is still there with you guys, so I guess we'll (you and the sw.net crew) be arguing about Sunderland for the rest of the season.

To be fair to Bruce, the quality of play has improved, but teams figure you out. See Man U figuring out that Arsenal has no center forward without van persie and if you shut down Fabregas, you've shut them down.

In a similar fashion, if you cut off service to Bent, he can't kill you (except for the odd set piece). I would agree with you that an upgrade in the midfield was probably needed. Based on what I've seen they might benefit from having KJ move wide to supply bent with those great crosses. Whatever, I'm no EPL manager, Bruce has a track record.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 01, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »
Anybody watching this game vs Stoke. Them defenders wrestling KJ and the ref (Howard Webb) eh doing nothing. Blatantly holding down KJ. I want to see what anyone have to say about this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: February 01, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
KJ will get a card just now
Them defenders pulling and holding, ref eh calling nothing, he will buss ah elbow on somebody just now. And then webb will find he whistle and cards.

A small note for Sunderland defense/Mids: It's called a pass. That means the ball goes to a person, not just a hoof up the field in the general direction of the other goal.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: February 01, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
HOward Webb having a shocking game and calling against Sunderland. That was a red card on Whitehead.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 01, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
You hadda draw blood apparently... I mean, he allowing the lads to get stuck in.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2922 on: February 01, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
Sunderland dont need new strikers, they need a team that can knock good ball. I watchin this Sunderland vs Stoke game now, and that first half. Jah.

Sunderland is a premier league team?

Plenty long inaccurate balls and Jones and Bent chasin them.

They are just a poor team. Good players.

Poor team.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 01, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
i find is really a testament to men love for trinidad football that men would bun dey eye to watch the joga bonito that is Sunderland v Stoke on a Monday afternoon..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 01, 2010, 03:21:43 PM »
The studio men describe the first half appropriately "it was like 2 drunks fighting in an allyey, lots of punches and movement, but nothing happening really"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: February 01, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »
The Linesman not blind, he fall asleep from boredom.

Is 1 good cross too much to ask? wow.

BTW Jefferz it have internet in the arctic? You ent post in so long you hadda be on a expedition somewhere cold.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: February 01, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
This game shows how important KJ is to Sunderland. Sunderland midfield is shyte, not creative and technically poor, plus they lacking fitness.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 01, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
This game shows how important KJ is to Sunderland. Sunderland midfield is shyte, not creative and technically poor, plus they lacking fitness.
That's the best thing yuh ever said! that midfield iz pure laborers except reid. imagine ah prem team wid no width. just pure lobbed ball down the pike. lord what ah horrid midfield!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 01, 2010, 05:36:07 PM »
a picture for the bbc site

Jones is one of the few players in action to display any form but he remains frustrated as the disappointing encounter continues to serve up very little entertainment
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: February 01, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

they also have no structure. is like d coach jes tell men to go out on d field an play in watever position yuh feel like.

i find is really a testament to men love for trinidad football that men would bun dey eye to watch the joga bonito that is Sunderland v Stoke on a Monday afternoon..

a vex ah waste muh 90 mins  >:(
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 01, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
what about Roy Keane down in Ipswich?

when he was coaching Sunderland he pull Man Utd rejects like Bardsley, Richardson and Evans..

now he at Ipswich he pulling Sunderland rejects like Carlos, Murphy and Healy..

he doh know about the word scout?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 02, 2010, 02:16:45 AM »
Don't say you weren't warned ;D

I've said a few times Bruce looks lost the last few weeks and it was no surprise at all last night, very similar to last season didn't want to lose, hoof the ball to Kenwyne or Bent and hope, everybody else stay back. 

On the plus side Kenwyne seemed to want to prove a point so if he keeps it up for the rest of the season he should get a decent move.  I think the Stoke defence could of hit him with a baseball bat last night and we still wouldn't of got a penalty.

Well, KJ is still there with you guys, so I guess we'll (you and the sw.net crew) be arguing about Sunderland for the rest of the season.

To be fair to Bruce, the quality of play has improved, but teams figure you out. See Man U figuring out that Arsenal has no center forward without van persie and if you shut down Fabregas, you've shut them down.

In a similar fashion, if you cut off service to Bent, he can't kill you (except for the odd set piece). I would agree with you that an upgrade in the midfield was probably needed. Based on what I've seen they might benefit from having KJ move wide to supply bent with those great crosses. Whatever, I'm no EPL manager, Bruce has a track record.

I can understand how some on here may think I don't like Kenwyne or think he is rubbish, nothing could be further from the truth, the debate is with some that great exagerate his current ability mixing it up with his potential nothing more, Kenwyne is what he is, could he be better yes, will he be better, ask Kenwyne.  I only type what I see, my opinion right or wrong, it is perfectly unstandable there is a natural bias towards Kenwyne.

When Kenwyne goes, I'll still be here because I like the debate and most are fine, force of habit.

Sunderland dont need new strikers, they need a team that can knock good ball. I watchin this Sunderland vs Stoke game now, and that first half. Jah.

Sunderland is a premier league team?

Plenty long inaccurate balls and Jones and Bent chasin them.

They are just a poor team. Good players.

Poor team.

See Bruce comment

Not surprising really, Cattermole has been out for months, Reid just returning from injury and has put the weight back on, Mensah was out on his feet last 15 / 20 mins because he hasn't played much all season. yet Bruce left him on  ???

As for tarnsfers

Hutton came in on loan, better going forward than a defender but haven't seen him enough to comment properly but not jumping for joy from what I have seen.

Benjani maybe coming ON LOAN as he failed his medical, some mix up with the paperwork so club waiting for it to be confirmed.

As I suspected we haven't signed the Egyptian.

Out Healy, Murphy and Nosworthy all on loan.

what about Roy Keane down in Ipswich?

when he was coaching Sunderland he pull Man Utd rejects like Bardsley, Richardson and Evans..

now he at Ipswich he pulling Sunderland rejects like Carlos, Murphy and Healy..

he doh know about the word scout?

I think it has a lot to do with Keane's nature tbh he doesn't trust people easily and prefers his own judgement hence no scouts.  Having said that both of those players will do well in the CCC because in all honestly thats their level.  The vast majority of deals this windows have been loans, so Keane has 2 players he knows can perform at that level for the rest of the season without spending too much money, not many places he can go to get players like that.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 02, 2010, 07:35:53 AM »

Too True!

I can understand how some on here may think I don't like Kenwyne or think he is rubbish, nothing could be further from the truth, the debate is with some that great exagerate his current ability mixing it up with his potential nothing more, Kenwyne is what he is, could he be better yes, will he be better, ask Kenwyne.  I only type what I see, my opinion right or wrong, it is perfectly unstandable there is a natural bias towards Kenwyne.

When Kenwyne goes, I'll still be here because I like the debate and most are fine, force of habit.

I don't get into that KJ is the greatest, or KJ is rubbish talk at all. I was just saying that since he's still there, you'll have a good bit of people who will watch games and talk about them.

I appreciate that you're a true fan of your team. Sink or swim.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 02, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
black cats sign benjani on loan from money city.

more competition up front.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8492573.stm

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 02, 2010, 02:14:19 PM »

Competition fuh who?  Who been inquiring about Benjani availability over the last few seasons?  Anybody?  Who other than Steve Bruce wanted him?  Benjani eh in no position to take nobody spot on that team and if he do if futher confirmation that Bruce is ah clueless poosihole of ah manager.  Da cocksucka eh even fit to shine ah real manager shoes!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:02 AM »

Competition fuh who?  Who been inquiring about Benjani availability over the last few seasons?  Anybody?  Who other than Steve Bruce wanted him?  Benjani eh in no position to take nobody spot on that team and if he do if futher confirmation that Bruce is ah clueless poosihole of ah manager.  Da cocksucka eh even fit to shine ah real manager shoes!!

I don't see him as competition for anybody except Campbell.  He will be used like Healy / Murphy when losing last 10 minutes or so when Bruce is hitting the panic button.  Blackburn tried to get him on loan to replace BM on Monday and Hull wanted him last season tahts about it and think sums it up quite nicely.

Too True!

I don't get into that KJ is the greatest, or KJ is rubbish talk at all. I was just saying that since he's still there, you'll have a good bit of people who will watch games and talk about them.

I appreciate that you're a true fan of your team. Sink or swim.

Didn't take it as a get at me at all.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:44 AM »
Sunderland v Wigan KO 3.00 PM GMT

Only a couple of foriegn channels showing this highly doubtful you will get a working link, not such a bad thing at the minute tbh ;D  Another awful game coming up me thinks.

Mensah will be missing again, another injury picked up.  Richardson still out.

I would expect Hutton to play at RB and Benjani on the bench.

Possible links not updated yet

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63896&part=sports
http://www.p2p4u.net/
http://www.iraqgoals.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 06, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »
Awful game, seem lost.

There goal although taken very well was a ball gifted to them 30 yards out.

Kenwyne carried on in the same vane as he did against Stoke, put himself about, scored a good header and looked well up for it.  He even ran with the ball a couple of times past players something I haven't seen him do in a while, was very unlucky 1st half went past a couple of palyers had a shot that was deflected onto the post, he also got caught offside twice running forward nice to see, and to top it off he got booked for chasing and tackling back.  Was MOM against Stoke easily again today.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 06, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »
KJ is a shit snake .. he lazy :o

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 06, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
KJ is a shit snake .. he lazy :o

You'll not find anything where I call him lazy, disinterested yes.

But having said that it looked like he blocked a goalbound effort a couple of yards out while lying on the ground after challenging for a ball, come to think about it the lazy b should of got up quicker and we would of won instead of drawing. ;D

1]; } ?>