June 05, 2024, 01:30:28 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 620136 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3240 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »
Sunderland v Stoke KO 3.00 PM GMT

Link http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=93711&part=sports

I doubt there will be a working link just have to wait and see.

I think Kenwyne is a knocking bet to score today.

Bruce has alreday stated (Tuesday) that he will be making changes and Gyan will play, but as Bent says in the other thread will take time for them.  Why he let Stoke know days before the match is beyond me tbh. although he seems to be panicing from last weeks result. 

Expect an awful game and Cattermole had to be subbed last week to stop him getting a red card, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get one today.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and been careful with the fireworks.
(I know its a UK thing)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steve Bruce has no fear of Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #3241 on: November 06, 2010, 06:08:47 AM »
Steve Bruce has no fear of Kenwyne Jones
By Mark Douglas (The Journal)

STEVE Bruce says he has no fears about Kenwyne Jones returning to pile more misery on him – as he prepares to finally unleash the Stoke striker’s £13m replacement Asamoah Gyan.

Sunderland begin their mission to salvage pride after their Tyne-Wear derby humiliation with the visit of Stoke this afternoon, who are spearheaded by former Black Cat Jones.

The Trinidad and Tobago international was effectively forced out over the summer after Bruce became frustrated by his inconsistency, but has proved his goalscoring pedigree with three goals in nine games since moving to the Britannia Stadium. Another at the Stadium of Light would make life awkward for the Sunderland boss, who knows he has plenty of work to do to repair his reputation on Wearside. But he insists he is just another opposition striker.

“Kenwyne has nothing to prove and we have nothing to prove to Kenwyne,” the Black Cats boss said. “There was never any falling out as people said and selling him enabled me to bring in Gyan and do something different.

“But make no mistake, he’s a very good player and we’ll have to play very well to keep him quiet. No matter what anyone says, I’ve got a huge amount of respect for Kenwyne.

“On his day he’s a very, very good footballer but you make decisions as a manager and I think he’d run his course for us here. I think a staleness had crept in. I wish him well – but not on Saturday.”

Sunderland supporters would certainly feel more comfortable if Gyan hits the ground running. So far his Black Cats career has been a slow burner – a fine debut goal against Wigan followed by numerous forgettable cameos as a substitute.

But Bruce is urging people not to judge him on his short appearances so far. “Bringing him in is a response to what’s happened last week because our Achilles heel is not scoring,” he said. “He is ready, make no mistake about it.

“He’s champing at the bit – I told him on Tuesday he’d be playing. It’s right to give the kid his chance. He can give everyone a spark and lift with his first Premier League start.

“Darren Bent’s played very well (as a lone striker) and his goal tally’s there for everyone to see, I’m sure he’d enjoy a bit of help.

“Gyan’s something different, I’m sure he’ll be a big hit in the Premier League. He’s a bit off-the-wall and he has that brilliance to win you a match. We’ve invested a lot of money in the kid and I hope he’ll come and give us a spark the crowd will enjoy.

“I haven’t needed to put him in yet. We have let him settle in and we were playing well and I didn’t want to tinker with it.”

Of course Jones is not the only Stoke player with intimate knowledge of life on Wearside.

Former skipper Dean Whitehead staffs their midfield engine room, while Danny Collins and goalkeeper Thomas Sørensen are also former Black Cats.

Add to the mix Danny Higgin-botham and Rory Delap and there is plenty of potential for former players to return to haunt Sunderland.

“We will welcome back the one or two who performed very, very well for us while they were here,” Bruce said. “But they know what it is all about here and I’m sure Tony Pulis will be saying to them ‘Keep the crowd quiet for 20 minutes’ and all the rest of that.

“We have to handle all of that.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Stoke City Thread (Nov, 06th)
« Reply #3242 on: November 06, 2010, 09:10:13 AM »
9' Goal! Sunderland 1, Stoke City 0. Asamoah Gyan (Sunderland) right footed shot from very close range to the centre of the goal.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: November 06, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »
what's the HT score.   

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: November 06, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »
1-0 at the half to Sunderland

Bent thief Jones head with he article yesterday...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: November 06, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
 :rotfl: and Thanks   

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: November 06, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
Jones is a Jedi, he mash up Mensah without contact.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: November 06, 2010, 10:56:38 AM »
Definitely need a review on them 2 goals KJ should have had
The second was close but the first was blatant

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: November 06, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
Gyan proving his worth.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #3249 on: November 06, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »
twice they had goal line clearances off Jones headers sunderland win 2-0 thanks to gyan
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »
woosah. the first jones header was a hand ball by sunderland. EPL needs replay video by refs

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: November 06, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
Kenwyne totally disappoint meh today, he had ah good opportunity to rub salt in bruce's face today and choked! as ah matter of fact, he let bruce show him up and in return made bruce look like ah genius for getting rid of him since his two replacements tore stoke ah new arsehole!

on another note, this stoke team reminds me of the first promoted sunlun team and play this hoof game that is so sickening. they can't string two passes together. that whole midfield is loaded with mediocre players.

if KJ is ever to make an impact in the prem, he needs to leave all these fringe team alone and join ah top team like chelsea, manU, arsenal, man city, liverpool,or villa, but these other team have no creativity and in order for him to shine, he needs to be on ah top team.

i really can't watch stoke city anymore, it's just senseless to do so! they play real unattractive football.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:06:13 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: November 06, 2010, 03:24:19 PM »
woosah. the first jones header was a hand ball by sunderland. EPL needs replay video by refs

let him start to shoot with his feet
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: November 07, 2010, 01:31:34 AM »
Bent injury meant 451 with Gyan up front.

The atmosphere was strange, nervous / angry, I don't think Bruce can afford many bad results before the crowd turns on him tbh.

The game was poor really, surprised Stoke looked poor in defence considering they play percentage football, weren't really in the game before the goal if truth be told.  The penalty was strange to me a tangle of legs one of those sometimes the ref gives it sometimes not if its in your favour your happy, but understandable if it goes against you when your not.  Everybody was astounded that Malbranque took it when Gyan would of been the natural choice.  No real surprise when it was saved but give all the hoo haa Bruce had when Bent let Kenwyne take one last season, it didn't look like anybody was the designated taker, poor. 

Should of been a penalty for handball by Cattermole without doubt, so got very lucky there, but Stoke got away with an even more blatant one at our place last game so even things out.  Don't think anybody could argue with the sending off.

Gyan is not a replacement for Kenwyne, not the same type of players.  Gyan is probably more of the finisher than Kenwyne, can head it but certainly not a target man.  I think him and Bent could work together and cause defences problems, but the team, midfield would have to change to make it work, the question is, is Bruce upto it.  Doubt it myself.

Playing Spuds away Tuesday night.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: November 07, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
Kenwyne totally disappoint meh today, he had ah good opportunity to rub salt in bruce's face today and choked! as ah matter of fact, he let bruce show him up and in return made bruce look like ah genius for getting rid of him since his two replacements tore stoke ah new arsehole!

on another note, this stoke team reminds me of the first promoted sunlun team and play this hoof game that is so sickening. they can't string two passes together. that whole midfield is loaded with mediocre players.

if KJ is ever to make an impact in the prem, he needs to leave all these fringe team alone and join ah top team like chelsea, manU, arsenal, man city, liverpool,or villa, but these other team have no creativity and in order for him to shine, he needs to be on ah top team.

i really can't watch stoke city anymore, it's just senseless to do so! they play real unattractive football.

JC I think you are missing the point, Stoke bought Kenwyne because of his aerial ability.  Stoke play percentage football, pressure, high balls, set pieces Delap throw ins etc.  Tuncay who I think is a good player has hardly had a game, scored a good goal the other week when brought on and forced himself into the team, Pulis will drop him again.  Pulis and Bruce aren't that far apart on attitudes tbh. 

1st was a deffo penalty 2nd wasn't in or very close tbh.  Don't think Kenwyne did enough tbh, if it wasn't for the handball and clearance hardly noticed him.  I noticed a couple of times when other players score at Stoke he doesn't really join in the celebrations, just makes me wonder if he is really happy there.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: November 07, 2010, 03:04:30 AM »

when iz d last time KJ take ah shot at goal with ANY of he two foot?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: November 07, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »

when iz d last time KJ take ah shot at goal with ANY of he two foot?
yesterday.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: November 07, 2010, 05:17:15 AM »
Bent injury meant 451 with Gyan up front.

The atmosphere was strange, nervous / angry, I don't think Bruce can afford many bad results before the crowd turns on him tbh.

The game was poor really, surprised Stoke looked poor in defence considering they play percentage football, weren't really in the game before the goal if truth be told.  The penalty was strange to me a tangle of legs one of those sometimes the ref gives it sometimes not if its in your favour your happy, but understandable if it goes against you when your not.  Everybody was astounded that Malbranque took it when Gyan would of been the natural choice.  No real surprise when it was saved but give all the hoo haa Bruce had when Bent let Kenwyne take one last season, it didn't look like anybody was the designated taker, poor. 

Should of been a penalty for handball by Cattermole without doubt, so got very lucky there, but Stoke got away with an even more blatant one at our place last game so even things out.  Don't think anybody could argue with the sending off.

Gyan is not a replacement for Kenwyne, not the same type of players.  Gyan is probably more of the finisher than Kenwyne, can head it but certainly not a target man.  I think him and Bent could work together and cause defences problems, but the team, midfield would have to change to make it work, the question is, is Bruce upto it.  Doubt it myself.

Playing Spuds away Tuesday night.

Kev, are you really from sunderland, ah find it strange that you know the game so well, but when i visit the SMB there's so much slop and wacky opinions to make your head spin. ah have to give it to you bro, you defo watch this game with eyes wide open, BC every thing you said sounds just about right.

if i was to guess from your post past and present, i would assume you coach or work around the sport, maybe a sports writer of some sort?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: November 07, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »
JC, no not a writer or coach but the area only football really exists whichever side you support.  I have watched Sunderland for more than 30 years and boy have I seen some tata in that time, the team at the minute is like Brazil compared with some I have had to sit through.

You have to remember the SMB is a very small percentage of fans, a lot of them are just kids.  I too have been through the stage where you see everything through Red & White glasses and the club, manager etc could do know wrong, like everything else in life you wise up eventually.  You really need to stop confusing teh nutters on the SMB with the normal average Sunderland fan and taking it to heart.  This place will have the same without doubt. 

For me as I have said on many occasions performances it was matters, this team simply isn't performing well enough, often enough, Bruce got lucky again yesterday, but the mood has changed towards him and he needs a fair few results to change it back.  Most people on the smb just care about the result and table and thats it no more no less.  I don't dislike Bruce as on here but I don't honestly believe the club will move forward significantly with him in charge, if you can't be good make sure your lucky seems to be his motto.

giggsy11

« Reply #3259 on: November 07, 2010, 07:59:38 AM »
If Kj work on the mental and physical side of his game he could be Kevin Davies. He doesn't have to go to a more skillful side to improve those areas just ask Davies.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: November 08, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »
On both Jones' headers he outjumped the friggin goalkeeper. 
Nobody gets at those crosses like him, he was just real unlucky with both tries.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: November 08, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

I agree with you here ...he wont develop as a footballer with Stoke ...a high jumper maybe ? I pity all the fans who get mid pitch seats .....for Stoke you  just need two linesmen, a referee and air traffic control !

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 09, 2010, 02:40:40 AM »
Spurs v Sunderland KO 8.00 PM GMT

Should be able to get a link.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=93717&part=sports

Looks like Bent is out for a few weeks with hamstring, tbt he hasn't really looked fully fit all season so far, it seems one niggle after another.  So 451 with Gyan up front, Bruce is on about changes I would expect Gordon to come back and changes to mf.

Chelsea next game on Saturday.

Don't expect anything from either game tbh, so a point or 2 would be a bonus.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:23 AM »
Well a point.

It was basically a training match attack against defence, Spurs weren't that good really only troubled us when Crouch came on.  Spurs may of had a penalty, but also their goal was handball so probably evened itself out.

Can't really rememeber Gomes having to make a save, but Gyan took his chance well again.  Bruce must be feeling the pressure a bit because unusually for him he changed at half time.  Very strange season, but last year our best away performance came at Spurs and we deserved at least a draw probably a win, but got nothing so I suppose its evening itself out.

Chelsea on Saturday

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: November 14, 2010, 03:38:25 AM »
Chelsea v Sunderland KO 4.00 PM GMT.

Live game on Sky so plenty of links.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=93738&part=sports

Bent is still injured, no doubt he will change it again.  See if the luck holds out or not.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: November 14, 2010, 07:52:34 AM »
Live on FSC at 11 am EDT here in the US.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »
Well he started this match as he finished at Spurs with 442 and more importantly also tried to get a couple of midfield players forward particularly Zenden.  Chelsea looked jittery in defence from the start and Gyan had an early chance.  Chelsea never really caused us many problems.  Gyan is a different player from Kenwyne, but holds the ball well, brings in other players and has shown a lot of composure in front of goal.  I think he has played 5 matches (in minutes) and 5 goals. 

I couldn't understand why he hasn't played Zenden, last season he had 2 kids in mf and got thumped. 

Well worth the win, Chelsea should of been down to 10 men, and could of easily won by more.

Will help in other matches as teams will have to take care of Gyan/Welbeck/Bent.

Bruce has been forced into it from the result a couple of weeks ago.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: November 14, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
Amazing result Kev, you guys deserved it.  Wellbeck is one for the future, hope he opts to play for Ghana at senior level
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: November 14, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »
gorm boy kev does always soun so normal dred smileys up d thread na..geh on like ah damn skettel na yuh side f**k chelsea wit a cold prick!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: November 14, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
Well he started this match as he finished at Spurs with 442 and more importantly also tried to get a couple of midfield players forward particularly Zenden.  Chelsea looked jittery in defence from the start and Gyan had an early chance.  Chelsea never really caused us many problems.  Gyan is a different player from Kenwyne, but holds the ball well, brings in other players and has shown a lot of composure in front of goal.  I think he has played 5 matches (in minutes) and 5 goals. 

I couldn't understand why he hasn't played Zenden, last season he had 2 kids in mf and got thumped. 

Well worth the win, Chelsea should of been down to 10 men, and could of easily won by more.

Will help in other matches as teams will have to take care of Gyan/Welbeck/Bent.

Bruce has been forced into it from the result a couple of weeks ago.

Well done, you played us off the park  :beermug:

1]; } ?>