April 27, 2024, 05:00:05 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608874 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3300 on: December 26, 2010, 02:45:23 AM »
Hope Santa was good to everyone!

Manu v Sunderland KO 3.00 PM GMT.

Top 4 so should be working links.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=98921&part=sports

Fair few injuries, Meyler is injured, but don't think he was anywhere near fit when played a couple of weeks ago, Richardson is out and Welbeck can't play, not sure what team will be put out of whether they will turn up. 

giggsy11
Bruce has always liked a big forward to lump it to, but Kenwyne always gave the defenders / midfielders an easy out, in a panic hoof it, mentioned a few times on the individual game threads before this one started.  That option has largely been taken away, still lump it forward for Bent to chase (but he really hasn't had more than a run of 2 games fully fit so far).  With Welbeck out and very limited options in midfield it will be interesting to see today.  Gyan is a totally different type of player, don't really notice him then he will do something in a game, still settling in.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: December 26, 2010, 07:48:44 AM »
I know what you were saying but it ended up like something a Trini would say...

I saw that too, lol.  Kev, the way you used 'rate' is the way a Trini would ("I doh even rate Bramble"). I think you been hanging around these parts too long  ;D

Maybe, must try harder, anyway some from your area lot the way we say Man (apologies if thats Jamacia not TnT), so I think its only fair.  ;D

PS I do genuinely enjoy reading the board and do have my say on things now and again, less agro now that Kenwyne has moved.  It must be a record for the thread as I haven't seen "Tata Team" for at least a dozen posts (mostly mine).

As the next match is after Christmas, I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas now.  I hope Santa is good to one and all, remember be good, if you can't be good, be careful, if you can't do either, don't get caught.

lol @"remember be good, if you can't be good, be careful, if you can't do either, don't get caught."
lol kev think I'm gonna borrow that quote ........ in any event gonna need sunderland to take some points off manu! manu's offense is no where near as potent as they used to be and you guys pla stubborn "d"  and to that if your strikers run directly at their defense I think they will crack!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: December 26, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
Only 2 which was lucky.

Not a surprise made not the quickest Manu team look like the USA 100 Metres Champions.

Blackpool, Tuesday.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: December 28, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »
Sunderland v Blackpool KO 3.00 GMT

Maybe get a link.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=99743&part=sports

Like Blackpool, Holloway is a star (mad as a hatter)

Cattermole is back from suspension (not the last time that phrase will be used this season), Welbeck should be back in and maybe Bramble.

Performances haven't been great, but we keep getting away with it, Blackpool can't really defend so have to see.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Sunderland 0 - 2 Blackpool FT (Tue.28th Dec)
« Reply #3304 on: December 28, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9317216.stm

Sunderland   0 - 2   Blackpool
By Owen Phillips 

DJ Campbell grabbed a second-half double as Blackpool made Sunderland pay for a host of missed chances to secure a fifth away league win of the season.

Asamoah Gyan, Darren Bent and Danny Welbeck all squandered good openings and visiting goalkeeper Richard Kingson made a number of excellent stops.

But Campbell shot home from Ian Evatt's headed flick to make it 1-0.

Bent hit the bar with a fine free-kick but Campbell added a second in injury time from Matt Phillips's low cross.

But Sunderland will be left scratching their heads at the result after creating enough chances to have won two games in a refreshingly open and frantic first period.

Welbeck, Bent, Jordan Henderson and Gyan all spurned at least two opportunities apiece as the hosts dominated possession and territory.

Bent twice sent efforts wide of the far post after cutting in from the left, Wellbeck missed his kick from an inviting centre and failed to get on the end of a looping pass when six yards out.

Henderson's best strike on goal saw goalkeeper Kingson uncomfortably fumble his measured shot around the post.

But Gyan missed the best openings, shooting into the side-netting after showing good strength when chasing a long pass, and then hopelessly miskicking from six yards out.

Blackpool were not without their opportunities - thanks to their willingness to commit and leave men forward even when under severe pressure - and they looked very capable of scoring on the break.

Campbell, in particular, looked bright and sharp and one clever turn on the edge of the box after a breathtaking run from first-half substitute Phillips - on for the injured Elliott Grandin - almost produced a great counter-attacking goal.

Luke Varney also tested home keeper Craig Gordon and Campbell whistled a shot narrowly wide after a purposeful run.

But because of their dominance in the middle of the park and the sheer volume of chances, Sunderland boss Steve Bruce must have been staggered and sickened in equal measure when the visitors took the lead five minutes after the break.

Clever interplay on the right allowed Neal Eardley to deliver the ball into the box and when his cross was flicked on by Evatt, Campbell was on hand to fire home from 10 yards.

The Seasiders could have doubled their lead with Gary Taylor-Fletcher almost converting a far-post cross and Craig Cathcart somehow missing a free header when it seemed easier to score.

But as the second half wore on, Sunderland piled forward at every opportunity and their relentless pressure looked certain to be rewarded in the closing stages.

Blackpool, chasing a seventh win in 17 league matches, simply could not contain Sunderland's rampant attack and had to resort to a combination of last-ditch defending, fine goalkeeping and a large slice of fortune.

Substitute Steed Malbranque's strike was beaten away by the over-worked - if not entirely convincing - Kingson, and the keeper also did well to keep out Henderson's 18-yard strike.

The best chances, however, came in the last 10 minutes.

Some comical defending involving two terrible clearances saw Kingson called on to block Welbeck's strike and then Evatt made amends for his shocking miscue by heading Bent's powerful follow-up over the bar.

Bent then came the closest to a home goal all afternoon with a stunning 25-yard free-kick that crashed back down off the bar and to safety.

And Blackpool made the game safe in injury-time when the impressive Phillips tricked his way into the box and crossed for Campbell who smashed the ball home via the bar.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway was incensed that Titus Bramble - an early replacement for the injured Nedum Onuoha - was only shown a yellow card for a late challenge.

However nothing could spoil another wonderful day for a side who are in eighth spot in the Premier League table. They sit just two points behind Sunderland but because of their three recent postponements they also have three games in hand.

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: December 29, 2010, 01:05:10 AM »
First off what a cracking game, crazy games like this is why people fall in love with football.

How we managed to lose is a bit of a mystery, Bent should of had 3 (plus a free kick off the underside of the bar), Gyan missed 2 sitters and a couple of blocks by other players, keeper. 

We lost because of a combination of poor finishing and poor defending.  But we have had many more points this season that we didn't deserve so no complaints from me. 

I really hope Blackpool survive, they should do, but can't continue carrying luck like that similar to ourselves, but it shows other chairman / players what is possible and they don't need to be spending money on those kinds of wages for mediorce players.  Bruce should take a look at their passing and movement, how quickly they get both players and the ball forward, not just hoofing it. 

Next match, New Years day v Blackburn.

Everyone take care and have a safe New Years Eve, see you all on the hangover side :cheers:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 01, 2011, 04:18:06 AM »
Sunderland v Blackburn KO 3.00 PM GMT

Possible link ( but doubt it)

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=100184&part=sports

Team news, Sunderland are without Cattermole, Gyan and Onuoha are also likely to miss due to injury. Blackburn have quite a few missing aswell Robinson, Samba and a few others through injury / suspensions.  Unlikely to be like the Blackpool game and not expecting much entertainment.

Hope everyone and a great night and happy New Year to all, Hope 2011 brings everything you wish for.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 01, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
Sunderland v Blackburn KO 3.00 PM GMT

Possible link ( but doubt it)

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=100184&part=sports

Team news, Sunderland are without Cattermole, Gyan and Onuoha are also likely to miss due to injury. Blackburn have quite a few missing aswell Robinson, Samba and a few others through injury / suspensions.  Unlikely to be like the Blackpool game and not expecting much entertainment.

Hope everyone and a great night and happy New Year to all, Hope 2011 brings everything you wish for.

Good win by Sun'lun... as is to be expected against Blackburn.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 02, 2011, 01:15:55 AM »
It was a decent game, Bent missed an absolute sitter aswell as scoring a good goal, as did Gyan.  Not so sure about his injuries though, I suspect exagerated.  Blackburn were poor, constantly giving the ball away and it was a bit of a training match tbh.  Another 10 points and can relax.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 05, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »
Villa v Sunderland KO 7.45 GMT

possible links

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=100194&part=sports

Villa are having a poor season but getting there players back now.   Few injury concerns for us.

Haven't a clue as I still don't know which team will turn up.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 05, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
Scrappy game but another 3 points at a cost.

Meyler done his knee again, same as last time no tackle involved, looked bad, feel really sorry for the young lad, if it is what I think it is won't see him again this season.

Welbeck done his hamstring, again out for a while.  Struggling for bodies in midfield.

As above the game was scrappy, Heskey got sent off for putting a hand on / upto Hendersons face, I would say it was soft (although letter of the law) and would be agrieved if it had of been one of our players.  The ref evened it up by giving Zenden a soft 2nd yellow, both harsh.  3 more wins safe.

Gyan missed a sitter to put the match to bed.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »
Sunderland v Notts County FA Cup KO 3.00 pm GMT

There won't be any links.

Struggling with injuries Bruce has recalled Reid and Colback from loans and will likely play them along with other youngsters so will be a very different team put out today.

Some good news on Meyler it is looking like he has done his  medial not cruciate again (sorry if spelling is wrong, or wrong way around) so not as bad as thought / looked.  Waiting result of scans, hope the lad is OK and he looks like a decent prospect.

On the transfer side Bruce is trying to get Muntari (Inter) and Sessegnon (PSG) on loan and another one in.  Only know a little about Muntari from a couple of games I seen him against us, just remember I was surprised he went to inter for so much.  Haved looked at the obligatory Utube vid of Sessegnon and looks like he has a few tricks and a possible intermittent balance problem  ;D but can't really tell until you have seen them for a decent amount of games.  Still no news on a LB though  ???

Hope you all have a nice weekend

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 08, 2011, 01:16:56 AM »
Sunderland v Notts County FA Cup KO 3.00 pm GMT

There won't be any links.

Struggling with injuries Bruce has recalled Reid and Colback from loans and will likely play them along with other youngsters so will be a very different team put out today.

Some good news on Meyler it is looking like he has done his  medial not cruciate again (sorry if spelling is wrong, or wrong way around) so not as bad as thought / looked.  Waiting result of scans, hope the lad is OK and he looks like a decent prospect.

On the transfer side Bruce is trying to get Muntari (Inter) and Sessegnon (PSG) on loan and another one in.  Only know a little about Muntari from a couple of games I seen him against us, just remember I was surprised he went to inter for so much.  Haved looked at the obligatory Utube vid of Sessegnon and looks like he has a few tricks and a possible intermittent balance problem  ;D but can't really tell until you have seen them for a decent amount of games.  Still no news on a LB though  ???

Hope you all have a nice weekend
Very good center mid, better than anything you have on your roster right now including henderson. i'm really surprised that he's even considering playing for yuhs guys especially when teams like chelsea and liverpool who are struggling would love to have such a talent in their midfield, i'm also surprised that man city didn't put in a bid.

my guess iz, gyan is probably trying to get him to sign since they are international teammates. but a very good prospect is he.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 08, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
JC hope your keeping well and had a good festive period.

Henderson isn't a CM imho although Bruce plays him there, he is better wide. 

Muntari's wife wants to be in London, so I would imagine thats where he will end up tbh.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 08, 2011, 03:43:05 AM »
JC hope your keeping well and had a good festive period.

Henderson isn't a CM imho although Bruce plays him there, he is better wide. 

Muntari's wife wants to be in London, so I would imagine thats where he will end up tbh.
Please, those african guys don't listen to their wives. ;D i believe gyan will pull him through for yuhs guys since i heard rumors that gyan is feeling home sick, i'm pretty sure a familiar face would cheer him up.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: January 08, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
Bruce: Paul Ince pointed gun at Sir Alex
January 8, 2011

* Email
    * Print

By ESPNsoccernet staff

Steve Bruce has revealed that Paul Ince once arrived at the club's training ground with his gun in jest to get Sir Alex Ferguson to put him in the Manchester United team.

Sunderland boss Bruce, speaking ahead of his date with Ince's Notts County in the FA Cup, said that Ince turned up with an air rifle and pointed it around the door at the United boss.

"Paul was nuts when he was a kid," said Bruce. "I don't think Fergie was ever attacked by a rifle before.

"I remember when he brought in his gun. He poked it around the door and it was a big air rifle. Fergie must have shouted at him or something like that to provoke it.

"Incey was larger than life and a good character to have around. He must have had something about him to threaten Fergie with a gun. We saw him do it. He poked the gun through the door and he was only 22 at the time.

"It was just tongue in cheek, though. He just knocked on the door and said something like, 'You'd better stop picking on me' or, 'You had better play me on Saturday'.

"He liked to think he was the Guv'nor. It just showed you how much front and bottle he had to be called the Guv'nor even when he first walked in the door.

"I just thought, 'Who's this cocky little thing from West Ham?' But when you're cocky like him you have to be able to back it up - and by god he was a good player. To have him and Roy Keane in front of me in their prime, with Andrei Kanchelskis and Ryan Giggs on the wings and Mark Hughes and Eric Cantona up front, that was some team I can tell you. It could do everything.

"We respected Incey straight away as a player. He has mellowed and matured since he became a dad. He just carries a pistol now rather than a rifle!

"He'll be going grey around the gills now and he won't like that, but he's a good lad."

Ince talked about his friendship with Bruce at Old Trafford, with the pair striking up a good relationship off the pitch.

"When I went to United I gravitated towards Bruce because he likes a beer - still does by the size of him. We are very good friends. Our houses were about 200 yards apart and we mixed socially. We go on holiday every year to the Algarve. We are very close.

"He looked after me at United and I get pleasure in seeing him do well at Sunderland. He can hopefully go on and become England manager.

"Bruce has the respect of players at Sunderland. The players can relate to him. You've got to have a bond with them. They have to be able to come to you with their problems, even if it's not football-related."

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 09, 2011, 01:30:52 AM »
Deservedly beaten, didn't turn up, although a lot of changes and 2 of the midfield have only been back at the club a day or 2, but still.  Bent still off form although scored from the spot.  Performances still not good.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 16, 2011, 01:37:01 AM »
Sunderland v Newcastle KO 12.00 GMT.

Timed to avoid drink and crowd trouble.

Not live in UK but plenty others, so  may get it here.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=100214&part=sports

I cannot stress how important this game is for the locals especially after the debacle at St James Park.  Had rumours of return of some injured players and Bruce's usually "will only risk if 100% fit" which means he will of course. 

Newcastle are missing Caroll and Tiote ( looked a good player for me).

I haven't a clue on the team or whether they will turn up, expect a blood and guts affair, I doubt it will be a pretty sight. 

No real news on transfers except Sessegnon deal looks like it will have to be a purchase not a loan for PSG to let him away, understandable and Muntari looks like he can leave with the probable destination London. 

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: January 16, 2011, 06:20:01 AM »
Boy i would love tuh see nolan do his chicken dance today.  :devil: no disrespect to your team kev, but the kevin nolan chicken dance is ah classic and funny as all hell.  :rotfl:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: January 16, 2011, 06:26:47 AM »
u tellin me newcastle cudnt come wit ah plain colour kit?...mus b do it fuh spite..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:32 AM »
De flikin picture change to a cooking show oui.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:40 AM »
Gyan ent even know what happen dey.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: January 16, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »
Boy i would love tuh see nolan do his chicken dance today.  :devil: no disrespect to your team kev, but the kevin nolan chicken dance is ah classic and funny as all hell.  :rotfl:
Pock pock pock pock pococ  :devil: :devil:  way tuh go nolan, yuh made my morning. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:       :heehee:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: January 17, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »
Nee problem JC.

Game as expected another fortunate point, bottled it again.  ???

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »
According to BBC, Darren Bent handed in a transfer request after yesterday's derby.  Looks like he's going to Villa - 18 mil rising to 24 mil.  Ready to Go message board in meltdown!
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: January 17, 2011, 10:58:54 AM »
He has, he is in Birmingham waiting for permission to speak to them.  He handed a request in August aswell just been reported on SSN    As I have been saying hasn't looked quite right, makes sense of the Gyan signing.   I don't know whats gone on, but Newcastle where he has been living is a small city he got his car done by newcastle fans and he is a southern lad.  He seems to like City life as he had an apartment on the quayside, might of decided he just doesn't need the hassle of another big pay day, who knows.  I know where we would of been without him. 

I think the club will let him go, as last season they seen Kenwyne's value drop significantly and its pointless keeping a player that doesn't want to be here. The squad needs a fair injection and a couple of good midfielders would make a big difference.  Good luck to him whatever happens.   

giggsy11

« Reply #3326 on: January 17, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
According to BBC, Darren Bent handed in a transfer request after yesterday's derby.  Looks like he's going to Villa - 18 mil rising to 24 mil.  Ready to Go message board in meltdown!

18mil-24mil for what?  :o How sides does keep putting out big money for this fella is shocking! If Aston Villa pays that for him they deserve to be relegated! Open the trap door!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: January 17, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »

18mil-24mil for what?  :o How sides does keep putting out big money for this fella is shocking! If Aston Villa pays that for him they deserve to be relegated! Open the trap door!

The man is the main reason Sunderland still in the Premiership. He score 32 goals in 58 games. Not too shabby

He's a very good player. He ent playing for the top 4 teams but if he was he would easily score 20-25 goals ah season with the abundance of chances those teams create compared to Sunderland where is few and far between.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: January 17, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
Bent asks to quit Black Cats
Skysports.com

Villa make £18million bid for England striker

Sunderland striker Darren Bent has handed in a transfer request after Aston Villa made an £18million move for the England international.

Bent has been a regular scorer for the Black Cats since joining from Tottenham 18 months ago, but he has now asked to quit the North East.

He has scored 36 goals in 63 appearances during his time on Wearside following his £10million switch from Tottenham.

The 26-year-old has flourished under Steve Bruce's management at the Stadium of Light, but now appears to be bringing the curtain down on his time with Sunderland.

Sunderland have confirmed Bent's request to leave and have a big decision to make over whether to accept Villa's huge offer.

A club statement read: "The club can confirm that it received a written transfer request from Darren Bent following yesterday's Wear-Tyne derby match."

Villa boss Gerard Houllier is trying to assemble a squad capable of staying in the Premier League and goals have been in short supply this season.

Coup
The team have scored just 24 goals in 22 Premier League games this term and Stewart Downing is the top scorer with five, followed by fellow winger Marc Albrighton with four goals.

The current strikers at Houllier's disposal have failed to fire, with Emile Heskey scoring three times, while John Carew and Gabriel Agbonlahor have yet to get off the mark in the Premier League.

A deal for Bent would provide Houllier's squad with a major injection of goals and lift a Villa team that are currently short on confidence.

The offer for the former Charlton Athletic hit-man also represents a major show of support in Houllier from Villa owner Randy Lerner following a difficult start to the Frenchman's tenure at Villa Park.

Houllier has already splashed out £6million to sign Jean II Makoun in January, in addition to bringing in Kyle Walker on loan, and a swoop for Bent would be a coup for Villa at this stage of the season.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »

This might have something to do with it:

Bent has one of the best strike rates during recent seasons in the Premier League.

Since 2005 he has scored 81 league goals, with only Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and Chelsea forward Didier Drogba ahead of him in the scoring charts with 82.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9364092.stm
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>