April 27, 2024, 04:40:54 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608866 times)

giggsy11

Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3330 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »
According to BBC, Darren Bent handed in a transfer request after yesterday's derby.  Looks like he's going to Villa - 18 mil rising to 24 mil.  Ready to Go message board in meltdown!

18mil-24mil for what?  :o How sides does keep putting out big money for this fella is shocking! If Aston Villa pays that for him they deserve to be relegated! Open the trap door!

The man is the main reason Sunderland still in the Premiership. He score 32 goals in 58 games. Not too shabby

He's a very good player. He ent playing for the top 4 teams but if he was he would easily score 20-25 goals ah season with the abundance of chances those teams create compared to Sunderland where is few and far between.

I thought he success at Sunderland was due to KJ's presence?  ;) But seriously I don't rate as a player, even scoring the goals he has, don't think he is a 18mil-24mil player. I don't think he could cut it at a top 4 side; he can't even get run in England's shitty squad. IMO.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: January 17, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
According to BBC, Darren Bent handed in a transfer request after yesterday's derby.  Looks like he's going to Villa - 18 mil rising to 24 mil.  Ready to Go message board in meltdown!

18mil-24mil for what?  :o How sides does keep putting out big money for this fella is shocking! If Aston Villa pays that for him they deserve to be relegated! Open the trap door!

he guarantees you at least 15 prem goals a season... 18 million pounds is nothing in Football these days.. f**king Jo was 20+ million

he is a goal scorer... he is 26..   that is good value

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: January 17, 2011, 01:21:33 PM »

This might have something to do with it:

Bent has one of the best strike rates during recent seasons in the Premier League.

Since 2005 he has scored 81 league goals, with only Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and Chelsea forward Didier Drogba ahead of him in the scoring charts with 82.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9364092.stm

Yet Drogba is 50x better than Rooney right  ::)  ::)

Rooney is like 7 years younger than Drogba and has the same amount of prem goals... and does more for the team..can play multiple positions

It feels like Drog scores more.. but thanks to the stats.. he doesnt

Forza Wazza

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »
Darren Bent is a prolific scorer....IF he's your main striker and doesn't have to compete for his place.  From what I've seen if he loses his spot rather than work hard to regain his place he'll just sulk.  I don't know if he's worth 18 million but Villa is a good fit for him and his goals will definitely keep them in the premiership so it's a win for everybody (at least until Villa improve their strike force and Bent goes off the boil again. 

Maybe Sunderland will take that money and get Robbie Keane off our payroll  ;D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: January 17, 2011, 03:26:37 PM »

Bent is what he is and thats a goalscorer, no more no less.  He isn't a target man, doesn't pretend to be a fancy footballer, but here's the bit, he puts the ball in the net regular as clockwork, he misses his fair share, but doesn't give a monkeys will be there for the next.

The EPL is worth about £35-40 Million a season to clubs, (at least) so Villa are in danger of relegation, if (when) he goes there he will score goals as he has wherever he has been.  Now if that happens and he makes the difference between in or out of the league, guess what the owner, manager and all the fans will say cheap at the price.

His goals kept us in the division last year, more than paid his fee 3 times over.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: January 17, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
I just read 4 of that 18 million goes to Spurs....if the transfer goes through ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #3336 on: January 17, 2011, 06:15:49 PM »
I just read 4 of that 18 million goes to Spurs....if the transfer goes through ;D

May be they will use that to buy and sign Pienaar.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:08 AM »
This news is shocking.  Bent seemed to have found his football home at Sunderland.  He is worth the 18 mil especially if he is going to Villa, or stated differently 18 mil is a fair price for Villa to pay given their circumstances.   Steve Bruce probably has the managerial skills to make a wonder move for another player --- we will see.   

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: January 18, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »
This news is shocking.  Bent seemed to have found his football home at Sunderland.  He is worth the 18 mil especially if he is going to Villa, or stated differently 18 mil is a fair price for Villa to pay given their circumstances.   Steve Bruce probably has the managerial skills to make a wonder move for another player --- we will see.   

More faith than me

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: January 18, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Bent seals Aston Villa switch
January 18, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

New Aston Villa striker Darren Bent said he can't way to play for "a massive football club" after completing his transfer from Sunderland on Tuesday.

Bent will be officially unveiled as a Villa player at 1900 GMT following his move from the Stadium of Light for an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £24 million including add-ons..

The former Tottenham and Charlton frontman has signed a four-and-a-half year deal with Villa and becomes Gerard Houllier's second January signing after Jean Makoun, who arrived from Lyon for £6 million last week.

Bent completed a medical and agreed personal terms and will be available to make his Villa debut against Manchester City on Saturday at Villa Park.

"Aston Villa is a massive football club and as soon as I knew they were interested in signing me I wanted to join," Bent said. "The size of the football club and the history of the club are major reasons for me coming here.

"There are some top, top players here too, real quality, and I've been able to speak to the manager and the chairman about their ambitions for the club, so I'm very excited about being a part of what we hope to achieve."

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce was fuming at Bent's exit. He told the club's official website: "It's hugely disappointing that Darren has decided that his future lies away from Sunderland and the players, our supporters and the club as a whole have every right to feel massively let down.

"The timing is especially hard to take, given that we are progressing positively and are in a great position to push on. Everyone has been nothing but supportive of Darren in his time at Sunderland but it's obvious he's not been himself in training and we've certainly not seen the best of him in games in recent weeks - and we now understand why.

"I've always stated that my aim is to build a talented, young squad for the long-term to help the club achieve sustained success and I want Sunderland fans to know that our ambitions haven't changed on that front."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/867547/darren-bent-seals-aston-villa-switch-s?cc=3888

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: January 18, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »

Done!

giggsy11

« Reply #3341 on: January 18, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

Done!

I guss he figure he will grt more run playing for Spurs than if he went to Chelski. Will be interesting to see how he fits in. By the way why does it seem that Arry doesn't like Robbie Keane or why has he become out of favor?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
Robbie came back from Liverpool a shadow of his former self and has never got any where near the form he had before he left.  To be fair the dynamic of the team was different when he came back so that may be part of the problem.

Maybe a change of scenery would do him good...What do you think Kev ;) ?

giggsy11

« Reply #3343 on: January 18, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »
Robbie came back from Liverpool a shadow of his former self and has never got any where near the form he had before he left.  To be fair the dynamic of the team was different when he came back so that may be part of the problem.

Maybe a change of scenery would do him good...What do you think Kev ;) ?

I forgot dude when to Liverpool and ended up limpin back! He should return to Scotland, seems like it suits he at this stage of his career.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »
Bent's gone load of rubbish being printed about money etc. personally think there's more to it than that, as I ahve said for many weeks he has looked out of sorts.  A big headline amking transfer fee means getting linked with everone and their dog.  Hopefully will sort out midfeild with some of the cash.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: January 19, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »
Ouch that must be painful for Sunderland.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: January 19, 2011, 02:24:54 PM »
They real slaggin off bent on the SMB!  :o it's almost like he never scored ah single goal for that club, barely any compliments were paid to the guy, in comparison, KJ looked like a complete saint, and he was.  ;D

funny how bent said yesterday that he loved playing with KJ, (that's BC KJ is not ah selfish prick like most strikers!) i guess that's not saying much for gyan's ability in the assist department, and rightfully so! i saw on many occasions where gyan went for glory rather than pass to an open bent.

i believe bruce and his policies was the reason for both their departure. JMO.  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:33:27 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: January 19, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
Yeh they sayin Bent asked to be transferred in the last off-season.  That would have meant losing their top 2 strikers at once and so they kept Bent until they could sign replacements.
Something is off in the Sunderland camp.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: January 19, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
The reason why so many people are upset at Bent he kept going on about how much he loved the club, wanted to be a legend etc. and fans being fans beleieved him, so thats why so upset as they feel betrayed.  I ahve seen it far too many times off players from different clubs to believe any of that tata, so personally not bothered.  But there is more to it than money as I stated before imho.

To make matters worse Welbeck has to have an exploratory knee op so is out for at least 6 weeks, so down to Gyan as only striker.  Club are looking for a target type man as short term, to get them to the summer as they are simply not going to get a replacement this window, various names Carew, Bothroyd have ben linked.  Need a body in there and makes sense.  But need to sort out midfield. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »
The reason why so many people are upset at Bent he kept going on about how much he loved the club, wanted to be a legend etc. and fans being fans beleieved him, so thats why so upset as they feel betrayed.  I ahve seen it far too many times off players from different clubs to believe any of that tata, so personally not bothered.  But there is more to it than money as I stated before imho.

To make matters worse Welbeck has to have an exploratory knee op so is out for at least 6 weeks, so down to Gyan as only striker.  Club are looking for a target type man as short term, to get them to the summer as they are simply not going to get a replacement this window, various names Carew, Bothroyd have ben linked.  Need a body in there and makes sense.  But need to sort out midfield. 
This much i understand, but yet still, i read @ least 7 threads all doggin the guy and callin him a money grabber, in which case most modern sports figurs are.  ;D

i don't blame any player for trying to get paid, especially since club football has evolved into a billion dollar industry, so why shouldn't the main attraction (which are the players of course) seek their fair share ?

i think most english club fans are seriously deluded to think anyone of these players gives ah rat's arse about a club, they are stuck in the past when there was true grit gut pride football, but those glory days are long gone ! i guess what i meant to say is, the true football glory (playing for pride and honor) is international football, but as we all know, club football presently is pure unadulterated business, the fans should know better.

i'm sure kenwyne is laughing his arse off as we speak.  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:08:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: January 20, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
JC it's all about how he went on when at the club, the board is not as well managed as this or some others, there are always a number of threads on the same subject (no matter what it is) on the same page, mostly because people like to shout I'm here look at me.

Kenwyne never got anywhere near that stick because he didn't do anything like Bent, the only time Kenwyne got that stick was when he said he was off if we were relegated the week of the last game, quite rightly so aswell imho.  All he got was the usual he's tata anyway, which is par for the course by some fans of all clubs when a player leaves

We all know its about money, nothing more nothing less, there are of course the very few exceptions. 

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: January 20, 2011, 05:57:44 AM »
Chase on for Potters pair
Black Cats and Blues keen on Fuller and Tuncay

Skysports.com understands Sunderland and Birmingham are to battle it out for Stoke duo Ricardo Fuller and Tuncay.

The Black Cats are in the market for attacking talent after offloading Darren Bent to Aston Villa.

While they are disappointed to have seen their top marksman head for the exits, they do have money to spend after recouping an initial £18million from Villa.

They have wasted little in time in identifying potential replacements for England international Bent, and feel Fuller and Tuncay would be useful additions.

Birmingham are also keeping a close eye on the situation, though, with Alex McLeish having spent much of the winter window looking to bolster his attacking ranks.

Bolton are also reportedly keen on Fuller, but it is believed that Sunderland currently lead the chase for the Jamaican frontman and his Potters team-mate Tuncay.

Fuller remains an important part of Tony Pulis' plans at the Britannia Stadium, so it is likely a sizeable bid will be required to lure him away, but Turkey international Tuncay has struggled to hold down a regular role since joining the club from Middlesbrough and may be tempted to try his luck elsewhere.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:31 AM »
I'll show my arse in shepards window (used to be a big high street shop) if we sign Fuller.  Always thought Tuncay is a good player, never really given a chance at Stoke as not 6ft plus and will be moved on, waste really. 

I have lost count of how many players we have been linked with over the past couple of days, Sessegnon is supposedly still ongoing, think the club are trying the normal window signing of NZogbia (decent player). 

They do need a body up front as it has been confirmed that Welbeck is out for 6-8 weeks.

Oops I might just be doing that, not a pretty sight I can assure you, although it is my best feature :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:49:30 PM by kev »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: January 21, 2011, 05:38:59 AM »
Sunderland agree fee for Stoke City striker Fuller

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9369178.stm
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: January 21, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »
Kev??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: January 21, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »
Sunderland agree fee for Stoke City striker Fuller

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9369178.stm

Latest news is Fuller to Sunderland is not now going ahead. It was initially thought that the deal could be done in time for Sunderland's game against Blackpool tomorrow, but Fuller has travelled with Stoke to Fulham.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: January 21, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
Kev??

The latest stuff going around is  SSN reported the Fuller report was way off the mark, the fee being touted up here is £1.5 Million not £3 Million.  Injury record etc just doesn't make sense to me.  We are going to have to get a body in "target man" but who is anybodies guess.  Fuller wouldn't even pass a medical, if I was the owner I wouldn't let it though tbh.  Any striker will be short term, I thought the club might get Bothroyd from Cardiff as in last 6 months of contract.

We are supposedly very close to Sessegnon. (reported he is coming for medical at weekend)

We have made an approach (again) for Nzogbia

Muntari thing is still going on but still looks like London.

I might not yet have to bare my cheeks as above post, but I'm not holding my breath.

Blackpool tomorrow (We are supposedly after Charlie Adam aswell)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: January 22, 2011, 01:27:02 AM »
Blackpool V Sunderland KO 3.00 PM GMT

Doubt there will be any working links but you can try.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=101957&part=sports

Still quite a few out injured and only Gyan available up front, still wonder which team will turn up no matter who's playing.  Good game at home with Blackpool, still don't know how we managed to lose that one, should be a decent game today.  Hopefully a couple of new recruits for next match.

Hope you all have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: January 23, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
Decent game another 3 points only need 3-6 more and job done.  Never a penalty.
Hope to get a couple of new players, the papers are now saying we are favourites to land Mutari on Tuesday possibly, West Ham being another just have to wait and see. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: January 27, 2011, 05:05:17 AM »
Muntari is at Sunderland with a view to loan move, might even be completed today.

Sessegnon is also at the club sorting out a move, again might be completed today.

No further news on striker, Fuller is crazy money for injuries / age / goal, club would be mad.

1]; } ?>