April 28, 2024, 08:08:34 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609084 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3690 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:58 AM »
Got away with a 1-0 defeat, Spurs should of had a penalty really.  Another sending off for 2 bookings, 1st one a bit harsh I thought 2nd yellow typical tackle from a slow player on a quick player but nothing nasty this time. 

Di Canio has had a rant about players professionalism etc. don't think he wants to keep many, personally can't blame him, but really should keep his mouth shut. 

Have a nice summer I am still busy so won't pop in much.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: May 20, 2013, 05:50:35 AM »
Sunderland will be the new Wigan in the prem. Good luck keeping head above water. :salute:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 20, 2013, 12:51:53 PM »
Sunderland will be the new Wigan in the prem. Good luck keeping head above water. :salute:
Yeh right.... ::)

bro sunderland have money and name, wigan was broke!

good players don't go to broke teams that is struggling. remember sunderland attracted the likes of bent, gyan, sessegnon, danny rose, and o'shea. watch and see if di canni eh bring in ah bunch of big name players next season

have you noticed that teams with very little funding normally makes the fall? pompey, darby, borough, now wigan, these teams never make the fall and bounce right back like new castle and west-ham.

ellis short have real bread son, and he's pumping it into sunderland, and as long as he's there the likelyhood of them being relegated is slim to none.       ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: May 29, 2013, 01:33:19 PM »

Sunderland are something like top 5 in spending in the prem over the last 5 / 7 years the money isn't the problem whats bought with it has been.  Look back at last year beginning of this year and you will see I wasn't happy with the squad at all. Bruce bought a lot of squad players not too many 1st team players.  Our problem is the number of players we need and its always a gamble when you change so many.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: August 17, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »
Well here we are again.  I hope I find everyone well I'm still very busy but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I haven't even looked in on the board all summer which is unusual for me. 

Well we have signed "10 players" some young for the development squad which I suspect will be pushed into the 1st team sold a few including Mignolet to Liverpool, he basically kept us in the Prem last season.

I haven't a clue what to expect this season lots of new players (which were desperately needed) foreign, young no Prem experience it could be OK or it could go very horribly wrong, add to that the volatile manager (will he see out of the season) and I am sure it won't be dull whichever way it goes. 

Still haven't got a Left or Right back, Bardsley isn't going to play a part and also Cattermole has been told to find a new club and still need a CH.

Fulham at home today 3.00 KO literally haven't a clue what will happen apart from there will be more going forward.

Hope your team has a good season and at least 3 have a worse one than us.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: August 17, 2013, 02:40:42 PM »
A game in which we dominated possession and lost to some poor defending at Fulhams only corner and real chance on goal.

Having said that apart from 2 saves their keeper had little to do as most were long range shots, didn't create many clear cut chances, which given the amount of the ball we had should of.  I can't remember our keeper having to make a save tbh.  Still a couple of players short as PDC knows, a workmanlike performance which will be enough on some occasions but probably not enough, however it wasn't as disjointed as I thought it might be.  The fixture list hasn't been kind so it could easily run into a confidence thing we will just have to wait and see what the next 2 weeks brings.  Southampton away next week.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:46 AM »
Southampton away today 3.00 KO.

Again not a clue as I haven't seen enough of them, PDC hoping for at least 1 more signing this week, bought another 19 yo Greek winger Marvias last week after failing to get him on loan, however PDC says he isn't fit enough yet. 

In for an interesting week ahead.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
Total opposite of last week, they had all possession we got a goal through bad defending from a set piece.  At the end some more bad defending cost us 2 points, still probably a point more than we deserved.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: August 26, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »
The good news is that Frazier Campbell scored twice.  Oh wait...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: August 31, 2013, 08:59:20 AM »
The good news is that Frazier Campbell scored twice.  Oh wait...

I quite like Campbell but it was one of those that never worked out at a club, mainly I think because of the two bad injuries he had, change of manager and trying to get back to fitness, then coming to the end of his contract, with his injuries do you extend his contract, let him go for free in the summer or get a small fee.  Good luck to the lad I hope he continues scoring.

You have got yourself a decent keeper there, but has 2 areas he needs to improve be more agressive/confident on crosses and get off his line quicker when needs must, but still very young for a keeper.

Palace away today KO 5.30 need to get some points because of our up and coming fixtures, haven't a clue whether we will or not.  Won 4-2 through teh week but teh score hides the poor performance.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: September 01, 2013, 01:02:22 AM »
Beat 3-1 with even more Keystone Cop defending with O'Shea sent off.  International break and I would suggest he works on defending especially in the air we are really awful at it.  We are not really creating anything with a lot of possession but at least Fletcher is back.  nd of the transfer window tomorrow still need a few players.  The next lot of fixtures aren't good including, Manu, Arsenal, Liverpool and teh derby against Newcastle PDC is already feeling teh pressure so it will be interesting to watch.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: September 14, 2013, 12:17:01 AM »
Arsenal at home today @ 3.00.  Don't expect anything, we continue to defend like we are and its only a matter of when not if we get a right hiding.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: September 15, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »
Arsenal should of been out of sight by half time, 2nd half was different.  REf blew for a foul and Altidore went on to score, fair enough really, probably a bit too quick with his whistle but it happens, but he should of seen red not yellow, ref had a hint it was a goal scoring opportunity after the ball ended up in the net.  Usual bias at play again.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: September 21, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »
West Brom away today @ 3, haven't a clue tbh but need a point or 3.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: September 21, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
Hard luck there Kev.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: September 21, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
What is the scene with Di Canio?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: September 21, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »

Is long time he mad lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: September 21, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »
Do we keep this thread when they relegated to the championship division? Kev may have to start supporting Newcastle soon enough  :o. All Sunderland's money may not be able to bail them out this time...

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: September 22, 2013, 01:26:48 AM »
Two poor teams in reality, we played OK for 20 minutes or so and the goal came against run of play really, then they went to a shambles, 3 subs and Fletcher then got injured (dislocated shoulder so out for a while) and 2 more goals from again poor defending.

If you may score I struggle to figure him out, he is a bit hard to warm to for me as its always about him.  He may of passed his badges with honours but his man management is tata, blames players, says wrong things and trying to play a system that we simply haven't got the players for.  I feel sorry for him as I said at the beginning of the season cutting costs when you need a lot of improvement in the squad doesn't bode well.  Add to that he lack of experience, no experience of the new team that are supposed to be buying players its all a big risk and somewhat predictable.  Not only that he makes Keane look stable  ;D

Do we keep this thread when they relegated to the championship division? Kev may have to start supporting Newcastle soon enough  :o. All Sunderland's money may not be able to bail them out this time...

My 1st season ticket was after we got relegated to the old 3rd division (League One now) for the 1st time in our history, what money they haven't spent anything when they needed to most.  Thread will keep on going come what may as I have seen it all before so no big deal

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: September 22, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »
Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland reign that lasted only six months

I thought that I would not pay much attention to Sunderland this season.   The presence of the controversial manager  (Di Canio) was a minor factor.   However with the hiring of  Jozy Altidore,  things changed a little.  Now that Di Canio has been fired, I think the team  will improve. 

Both pundits on NBC sports network were saying that they though he would not be fired and that he would get at least  a few more weeks to straighten things out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:53:36 PM by StoreBayLimer »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: September 22, 2013, 11:26:16 PM »
Well that was short, a bit shorter than I thought this season but only a matter of when not if, said it in previous posts, owner making same obvious mistakes. 

The fans at WBA were signing sacked in the morning to him as he stood and took abuse for a good while in front of them on the pitch at full time.  I will give him his due he didn't hide and said a lot about current state of play with players, their attitudes etc. that struck a chord with many fans of probably a lot of clubs, probably not delivered in the best way though. 

All too predictable I'm afraid a blind man on a galloping horse could see what was going to happen the day he was given the job.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: September 23, 2013, 03:04:04 AM »
don't know what de hell Sunderland board was thinking in de first place. You don't play Russian roulette with your team.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:07 AM »
Liverpool today @ 4.00 no expectation whatsoever

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: October 05, 2013, 12:40:21 AM »
Didn't get to the game busy, didn't even see the highlights just caught the goals so can't really comment on last week, will get today.  Manu @ 5.30 so same as above really.  The owner might be a successful businessman man but he is tata at running a football club, clueless which you would expect from an American but after 4 years you would of thought he would of learned something but apparently not.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »
It was an OK performance against a below par Manu, seem to be suffering the Moyes slow start he used to have at Everton.  Again poor defending, thank god for the international break.  If rumours are to be believed Poyet is due to be appointment in the next day or so.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: October 07, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
Gus Poyet got next. I almost feel sorry for him...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3716 on: October 07, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
Don't know if another experiment is the way to go. No telling if Poyet could handle Prem management. Pulis woulda had them safe. The football would've been terrible, but I could absolutely see the players that Sunderland have fitting that Stoke system very well.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »
Well Poyet's first match is Swansea away @ 3.00. haven't a clue and very little expectation, that hasn't changed since before the season tbh. 

As for Poyet being an experiment / gamble the reality is nobody decent wanted the job even if available, not surprised really bottom of the table, little no money and no control over transfers or indeed the players.  I wish the guy luck he will need it, but a lot of changes need to be made in the summer.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: October 27, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »
Well last weeks game was a typical performance did OK for half of it, went to pieces after a goal, 2 own goals and a stupid penalty all goals poor defending again and the keeper to thank for a few saves.  Poyet has already started hinting about dropping players, his problem is its the "senior" ones that got rid of Di Canio so a problem for him to solve.

Big one today Newcastle at home KO 1.30.  Again I have little expectation we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out, I think I already know as I have seen it a good few times now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:58 AM »
Big up yuhself Kev!

1]; } ?>