April 28, 2024, 04:00:48 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609030 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3810 on: April 20, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
Crazy game it surely is, you would of got very long odds for us to get 4 points from the last 2 games and if anybody had of told me that I would of said keep taking the tablets.  I accepted our fate a long time ago, I am not changing that now. 

We rode our luck a bit, the penalty will be argued about but it was one of those that sometimes you get sometimes not and can understand why it was given.  The elbow was blatant by Ramires and Chelsea should of been down to 10 men in the 1st half, it was right in front of the ref so either he didn't see it or didn't do anything about it we will find out in due course.  Broke Chelsea record to add insult to injury, I love football.

Not quite atonement yet, but those 4 points are helping make up for Beachball gate ;D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:39 AM »
Crazy game it surely is, you would of got very long odds for us to get 4 points from the last 2 games and if anybody had of told me that I would of said keep taking the tablets.  I accepted our fate a long time ago, I am not changing that now. 

We rode our luck a bit, the penalty will be argued about but it was one of those that sometimes you get sometimes not and can understand why it was given.  The elbow was blatant by Ramires and Chelsea should of been down to 10 men in the 1st half, it was right in front of the ref so either he didn't see it or didn't do anything about it we will find out in due course.  Broke Chelsea record to add insult to injury, I love football.

Not quite atonement yet, but those 4 points are helping make up for Beachball gate ;D

I think you've had enough atonement off referees the last 3 games to see you through 10 reincarnations  ;)

Cardiff today, whoever loses is gone imho, a draw not good enough for either so just wait and see. 12.00 KO

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: April 27, 2014, 06:54:13 AM »
 ;D  :beermug: Out of the relegation zone!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »
I think you've had enough atonement off referees the last 3 games to see you through 10 reincarnations  ;)

Cardiff today, whoever loses is gone imho, a draw not good enough for either so just wait and see. 12.00 KO

Really?  Do tell... the ref has won us games?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: April 27, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »

Really?  Do tell... the ref has won us games?

No ground bait required, 2 or 3 definite penalties last few games against you not given?  Sensitive or what?

Well its in our hands, still not believing  ;D the bastards.

Think that probably puts pay to Cardiff.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: April 27, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
No ground bait required, 2 or 3 definite penalties last few games against you not given?  Sensitive or what?

Well its in our hands, still not believing  ;D the bastards.

Think that probably puts pay to Cardiff.

Sensitive about what... look at where LFC is and where Sunderland is?  It just seemed a gratuitous (and inaccurate) shot, but if that's how you feel then good for you.  Your team is a Championship squad at best... you'd better pray that's not where you'll be traveling to away games next season.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 02, 2014, 10:45:08 PM »
Manu away today @ 3.00 the easy games just keep on coming  ;) again not a clue.

Bakes it was a throw away comment like and in response to the beachball comment, I'll spell it out for you I was taking the piss, ground bait equals fishing, fishing is awaiting a bite which you did and now again, but it wasn't inaccurate, handball and foul both absolute stone wall penalties.  I know fine well what our squad is and have said it often enough and have expected to play in the championship next season for a good while now I have seen enough relegations 6 / 7 or so its no biggie.  To borrow a scouse phrase Calm Down, Calm Down FFS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: May 02, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »

Bakes it was a throw away comment like and in response to the beachball comment, I'll spell it out for you I was taking the piss, ground bait equals fishing, fishing is awaiting a bite which you did and now again, but it wasn't inaccurate, handball and foul both absolute stone wall penalties.  I know fine well what our squad is and have said it often enough and have expected to play in the championship next season for a good while now I have seen enough relegations 6 / 7 or so its no biggie.  To borrow a scouse phrase Calm Down, Calm Down FFS.

Let me spell it out for you... since your obviously struggling with reality.  Skrtel did not handle the ball since it was clearly in the act of him jumping to head the ball... natural movement of the arm.  That's without even mentioning that his head was turned and eyes closed (negates the "intent" factor) and he was being shoved in the back while in the air.  Stone wall my ass... must be the same stone wall against which you're "taking the piss".  To borrow a phrase from Wearside... oh that's right, no one gives a f**k about Wearside.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: May 03, 2014, 02:08:07 AM »
Just to help settle the argument, FA rules say teh following about handball;

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with
the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into
consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an
infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)
counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an
infringement

Rules on fouling are here; http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: May 03, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »
Quite a comfortable 3 points, what can you say.

Let me spell it out for you... since your obviously struggling with reality.  Skrtel did not handle the ball since it was clearly in the act of him jumping to head the ball... natural movement of the arm.  That's without even mentioning that his head was turned and eyes closed (negates the "intent" factor) and he was being shoved in the back while in the air.  Stone wall my ass... must be the same stone wall against which you're "taking the piss".  To borrow a phrase from Wearside... oh that's right, no one gives a f**k about Wearside.

Bakes I am not going to bother responding after this because you are either blind or daft, he punched the ball over a couple of his players the fact he refused to comment speaks volumes its here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47hsFzqBsOU

I don't give a f**k about Wearside, its nearly as big as shit tip as Liverpool, btw for reference I'm actually classed as a Geordie as I am from the Heed. If you have a spare few bob go and buy a sense of humour FFS, because you need to.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: May 04, 2014, 08:06:12 AM »
congrats kev!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: May 07, 2014, 12:18:48 AM »
congrats kev!

Thank you

West Brom tonight @ 7.30 and given the goal difference we need a point to survive if Norwich win at Arsenal (nothing to play for and the Cup Final next week).  I still don't know what is going to happen and certainly not counting any chickens given what an insane season this has been for results.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
Poyet or Pulis for Coach of the year.

Amazing escape.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: May 07, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »
Well 2-0 and safe, never ever in doubt  :bs:

I've seen it but still don't believe it, the team has had the stench of relegation all season, can't score, can't defend and couldn't beat teams around them, the last 3 weeks have just been mad. 
Onto next season, lots of players out of contract and going, all doesn't seem 100% between Poyet and the club and an owner who has stopped investing an "interesting" close season coming up again I feel.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: May 11, 2014, 12:57:46 AM »
Well last day and a nothing game against Swansea, a couple of weeks ago I thought today would of been a nothing game but for a very different reason as we would of been gone by gone.  Mad season, just place money to play for a couple of million.  Should of picked a team thats a bit easier on the ticker.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: May 11, 2014, 11:38:24 PM »
Normal service resumed 1-3, didn't turn up  ;D

Hopefully most will be gone next season, hope you all have a nice summer.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: May 12, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »
You live in interesting times Kev.
From bottom of the championship to promotion in 2007, and now this great escape. Enjoy the summer.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 16, 2014, 01:43:13 AM »
You live in interesting times Kev.
From bottom of the championship to promotion in 2007, and now this great escape. Enjoy the summer.

Still can't believe it tbh, paper did a poll and 90% of fans thought we were dead and buried. 

On to this season and like last season we haven't done enough in the transfer window although there is still 2 weeks left.  Last year teh pundits had us for the drop this year most haven't, I can't see why myself.   ;D

West Brom today at 3 not a clue, just hope we get off to a decent start, but its hope rather than expectation.

I hope everyone has had a good few months off.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 17, 2014, 12:57:58 AM »
2-2 draw with both teams huffing and puffing really.  Gaps are there to be seen, a penalty that was very soft, if going to give penalties for that then there are going to be an awful lot of them.  TBF it was evened out by an equally soft decision to disallow a WB goal.  2 weeks left to get some in and its needed badly.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 24, 2014, 12:30:49 AM »
Manu today at 4, no additions to the players over the last week, I haven't a clue as to what is going to happen, who how they will play so just have to hope everything is OK.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 25, 2014, 02:41:46 AM »
Well 1-1 draw and a match really like last week.  Manu are all over the place at the back, its just aswell how the fixture list has worked out for them.   

We desperately need some players but they are likely only to be loans  (if at all), needs some pace and tempo or I will be falling asleep again.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:45:28 AM by kev »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 30, 2014, 12:53:12 AM »
QPR away today, no new faces, no clue.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 31, 2014, 01:37:46 AM »
Beaten 1 - 0 nothing between the teams really, same old same old.  I thought the ref was poor today in both directions.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: September 13, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »
Spurs at home today @ 3.00.  2 new faces in the last day Coates from Liverpool and Alvarez from Inter, the latter will need time to adjust the from the highlights I've seen.  No real expectation for today tbh.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: September 13, 2014, 11:42:14 PM »
A good away point, oops but we were at home, think it says what the game was like.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: September 20, 2014, 01:08:09 AM »
Burnley away today, neither team has won yet, maybe today is the day, can't say which one it would be though and thats the problem.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: September 22, 2014, 11:20:20 AM »
Well no surprises a bore draw from 2 poor teams really.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
Swansea at home today, still looking for our 1st win, will it be today?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: September 28, 2014, 01:41:34 AM »
Another 0-0 still no win, however a couple of changes and a bit better performance (wouldn't be hard).

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: October 04, 2014, 12:50:59 AM »
Stoke at home today, still haven't a clue whats going to happen.

1]; } ?>