March 28, 2024, 04:05:49 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603097 times)

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SUNDERLAND'S DWIGHT YORKE SONG
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
Could the title of this thread be changed? It's not a Sunderland song!  >:(

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
DWIGHT YORKE SONG
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »
after some complaints I had to change the title

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DWIGHT YORKE SONG
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »
drunk bastards  :rotfl:

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: SUNDERLAND'S DWIGHT YORKE SONG
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 04:04:48 PM »
I Dont hate Nwcastle because of it.. but its a disgusting song.. and f**k all JORDIES WHO SING IT

man i live in newcastle and i been to matchs i ent never heard that sung...they jus makin it up to piss off the mackems man.. ::)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DWIGHT YORKE SONG
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 12:18:08 AM »
I have heard from friends who are Newcastle fans that is gets sung at away games. To be honest though, they probably don't have anything against Dwight Yorke (other than the fact he is a Sunderland player), they just hate everyrthing that is Sunderland AFC
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland or Southampton?
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 12:54:10 PM »
What if Sunderland met Southampton in the Championship playoffs? Who would you support?
Personally, I would go with.............Sunderland. I think Carlos is running out of time to play in the EPL and must be there next season. One way or the other.

I don't really care that there are 3 Trinis at Sunderland. As far as I am concerned...Jones needs to be in the EPL more than Yorkie (nearing the end of his career and been there done that) and Stern (already 30, not going to help our national team in the long run the way Kenwyne possibly can)...So it comes down to who I'd rather see in the EPL next season..Kenwyne or Carlos. I'd go with Carlos by a nosehair...Kenwyne still improving in the Championship. Edwards is 27/28...his time is now. And no...I ain't biased by the Sunderland crew who have joined our boards...OK..maybe just a little. Let's hope they both go through  ;)

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland or Southampton?
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »
Im more than happy to go up with Southampton in second place :rotfl:
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »
Well ill try to be hopeful and still soberly realistic... I think theres a decent chance that they both go up... Between the two I think Sunderland are more consistent, but I think Southampton are more explosive... they have some of the most talented players in the league right now...

and point for point theyre in a better position... quite frankly im hoping Southampton grab the top spot and that Sunderland go into the playoff... I have more faith in Sunderland facing the pressure of the playoff and comming out with a win...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 01:05:01 PM »
In the nicest possible way,I hope you're wrong jefferz.I couldnt stand watching sunderland in another play off.Its a cruel way to go out of a competition. 8)
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 01:20:25 PM »
would be interesting if both teams get promoted
Go Sunderland and Southampton
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 01:21:43 PM »
In the nicest possible way,I hope you're wrong jefferz.I couldnt stand watching sunderland in another play off.Its a cruel way to go out of a competition. 8)

indeed. I cant imagine how i'd feel if we had lost to Bahrain.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »
Sunderland 3 Trini's to 1  ;)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
Sunderland has the edge for me...because of the Carlos factor. He deserves to be playing at the highest level. Keane also has the team playing some nice ball and it would be good to see them back in the EPL with this form.

Of course I doh mind that Southampton are doing quite well...if they both get promoted then I'd be a real glad man.

Let me tell you what would be niceness for the foreign-based for me:

- all our players remain injury free and play regular
- Sunderland is promoted by winning playoffs or automatic spot
- Southampton promoted by automatic spot
- George Burley say he want a defensive mid or RM for Southampton and sign Birchall (or if Kenwyne put in a good word)  ;D
- Walsall get promoted to League One
- St. Johnstone get promoted to the SPL
- Kevaughn Connell move up a league
- Sparta Rotterdam breaks into the top 7 of the Eredivisie at least
- Dundee United and Falkirk wins some more games and Latapy finally hailed as the best player ever to play in Scotland (Larsson who?)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 01:48:10 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »
Keep that support coming for Sunderland! :beermug: :-*

Offline Mackem

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Check out my TnT World Cup Pics
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 02:00:25 PM »
No contest!  Although I do have a soft spot for the Saints
Check out my T&T photos from the World Cup in Germany:
http://public.fotki.com/mackem/world_cup_-_england/

Offline Quinderland

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
from my totally neutral perspective; ha'way the lads

;)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
Let's say both Sunderland and Southampton get promoted to the EPL.

That is no guarantee that any of our T&T players will be playing with those teams in the EPL.

Many promoted clubs use the extra cash gained from promotion to the EPL football cash cow bolster their squads in terms of TALENT so they can at least COMPETE and stay in the EPL and not get relegated.

We may all feel, and justifiably so, that Carlos & Kenwyne especially "deserve" to be playing in the EPL, but the reality is, if team management feel they can get a proven EPL camapigner or 2 in any of those positions our guys play, they might well sell our players to another Championship Division side.

I NOT WISHIN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!  I am just pointing out the realities of football life.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 04:51:15 PM »

That is no guarantee that any of our T&T players will be playing with those teams in the EPL.

Many promoted clubs use the extra cash gained from promotion to the EPL football cash cow bolster their squads in terms of TALENT so they can at least COMPETE and stay in the EPL and not get relegated.

We may all feel, and justifiably so, that Carlos & Kenwyne especially "deserve" to be playing in the EPL, but the reality is, if team management feel they can get a proven EPL camapigner or 2 in any of those positions our guys play, they might well sell our players to another Championship Division side.

I NOT WISHIN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!  I am just pointing out the realities of football life.

It will be interesting to see.

Usually the clubs keep the core players and bring in 4 or 5 starters at most. Two years ago Wigan had a hard time getting anybody because good players don't want to go to struggling teams.

Sunderland may be different because Keane will have significant pull for big name veterans and up and coming youngsters.

If Carlos is as valuable to the team as he seems he will be likely to keep his place.

Jones and Stern on the other hand will be unlikely to start because you need a proven striker in the premiership. Even players that score well in the Championship score enough to keep a team up in the premiership. Stern knows that well.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »
Sunderland definitley...

i eh no Jones fan...  but i hope he gets a move to the EPL

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 05:00:05 PM »
Palos your eh talk u preach that is sports mgmt in the 21st C
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 05:01:37 PM »

Palos..I completely agree. But this is a purely hypothetical..'what if'. Look at it another way...Sunderland and Southhampton don't even have to get promoted for Carlos and Jonesy to play in the EPL if other teams come knocking with good offers. So I just saying..if they meet in the playoffs..how yuh go feel? And why? For me it has to do with wanting to see Carlos in the EPL asap. Does that mean that the only way for Carlos to play in the EPL is via Sunderland promotion? Nope. Does it mean that if Sunderland get promoted they will keep Carlos? Nope. I eh bothering to go there...just curious as to how people feel about the two teams with Trinis that have the best chance of getting promoted to the EPL..at this point. Your point is well-taken but I doh want this to turn into a 'if Southhampton or Sunderland get promoted, which Trinis will make the grade'...different kettle of fish   :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:04:50 PM by Filho »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »
Of course de best deal is fuh both Sunderland and Southampton tuh get promoted. But listen meh, 3 T&T players is always better dan 1 T&T player in de EPL, Jones de Enterprise love yuh spirit and energy, but we have tuh go wid we new found love, which is Sunderland  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:47:01 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 06:44:34 PM »
sunderland.....also jones will play prem with or without southampton...and fihlo...some of your reasons are real crap...come on...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »
sunderland.....also jones will play prem with or without southampton...and fihlo...some of your reasons are real crap...come on...

Good point. Yorkie and Stern definitely need a vehicle to go up and thus have to be in a top ranked premiership hunting club. Carlos could do with a good vehicle so that his midfield contributions at least look good, and Jones probably does not need a vehicle as much to go up to the premiership as his football life and resale value is awesome for quite a while.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 07:07:56 PM »

doh study me..i just here to get the ball rollin'  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 07:11:36 PM »
Palos..I completely agree. But this is a purely hypothetical..'what if'. Look at it another way...Sunderland and Southhampton don't even have to get promoted for Carlos and Jonesy to play in the EPL if other teams come knocking with good offers. So I just saying..if they meet in the playoffs..how yuh go feel? And why? For me it has to do with wanting to see Carlos in the EPL asap. Does that mean that the only way for Carlos to play in the EPL is via Sunderland promotion? Nope. Does it mean that if Sunderland get promoted they will keep Carlos? Nope. I eh bothering to go there...just curious as to how people feel about the two teams with Trinis that have the best chance of getting promoted to the EPL..at this point. Your point is well-taken but I doh want this to turn into a 'if Southhampton or Sunderland get promoted, which Trinis will make the grade'...different kettle of fish   :beermug:

I hearin yuh Filho.

To me Carlos Edwards is CURRENTLY de player, of all we Soca Warriors, best equipped to play at de highest club level NOW...be it EPL, La Liga, Il Scudetto, Bundesliga etc.

My problem is......I gettin a kinda sinkin feelin dat he time real runnin out.

Ah mean...wha more de man have to do to get a bligh at de highest club level?  Carlos is 28 goin on 29 if ah not mistaken.  Which mean he fast approachin he sell by date.  If he eh get pick up by a top flight club yet, given what he has done on the biggest stage of them all AND his consistency at de Championship Division level, to me his chances gettin slimmer as time pass.

Kenwyne Jones to me have de most POTENTIAL to be picked up at de highest club level simply because HE STILL YOUNG.  Coaches will quicker go for him than a Carlos.

The downside to Kenwyne is the same as the upside.  He playin de most high profile, pressure filled, competitive, position in football.  Double edged sword dey.  If he not exactly settin de Championship Division alight (a eg of "alight" is like when he score 7 goal in 7 games when on loan wit Sheffield Wednesday), if he eh doin dat regular, den he chances slim too because despite he youth and potential, managers also like to go wit de proven entity at de highest level.

Dis one tough.  I hope my sinkin feelin bout Carlos waaaaaaayyyyy off base because no one deserves it more than him.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 07:14:05 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 07:14:11 PM »
 :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 07:24:47 PM »
safe filho....cheers
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 08:32:58 PM »

Big Mag, ah doh know who yuh statement referring to, but doh take these posts serious meh boi, men just messing around and talking ah lil shit, here and there. We and de other members cud type what we want, none ah dem eh bound tuh make it tuh de EPL, cuz it still have ah descent amount ah games still, of course we hope things go in those 2 teams favor, but remember it is not over until it is over. So relax meh boi, and put ah smile on yuh face and enjoy de posts and dem nah 8). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 12:00:20 AM »
 Ah want Sunderland to get promoted bad bad, dey going to start the new season with 6 points already in the bag from Newcastle.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>