March 28, 2024, 03:24:52 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603090 times)

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland or Southampton?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 05:06:24 AM »
How about this scenario:

2007-2008 season, Old Trafford.
Yorke wins the ball from Carrick in midfield, passes wide to Carlos Edwards, Carlos beats Giggs, puts the ball through the legs of Evra, gets to the byline and crosses into the box. Stern holds off Ferdinand and knocks the ball down to his new strike partner. GOAL!!! the first of the season for Sunderland's summer signing Kenwyne Jones!

;) ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 05:25:06 AM »
How about this scenario:

2007-2008 season, Old Trafford.
Yorke wins the ball from Carrick in midfield, passes wide to Carlos Edwards, Carlos beats Giggs, puts the ball through the legs of Evra, gets to the byline and crosses into the box. Stern holds off Ferdinand and knocks the ball down to his new strike partner. GOAL!!! the first of the season for Sunderland's summer signing Kenwyne Jones!

;) ;D

If that happens that would be great but I would hope none of these guys on here would see that live, why?

because we'll be making several RIP ''Forum Member'' threads because they would be so overjoyed their heart will go into overload & tonk out.

Small Mag will go insane minimum considering he's a man poo fan, he wouldn't know who to celebrate for.

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 05:44:36 AM »
Ha ha, yes, I could see that happening.  :rotfl:

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 05:58:27 AM »
No contest!  Although I do have a soft spot for the Saints

Is that cos of Lawrie McMenemy  :rotfl:
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 06:01:19 AM »
Let's say both Sunderland and Southampton get promoted to the EPL.

That is no guarantee that any of our T&T players will be playing with those teams in the EPL.

Many promoted clubs use the extra cash gained from promotion to the EPL football cash cow bolster their squads in terms of TALENT so they can at least COMPETE and stay in the EPL and not get relegated.

We may all feel, and justifiably so, that Carlos & Kenwyne especially "deserve" to be playing in the EPL, but the reality is, if team management feel they can get a proven EPL camapigner or 2 in any of those positions our guys play, they might well sell our players to another Championship Division side.

I NOT WISHIN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!  I am just pointing out the realities of football life.

Palos..I completely agree. But this is a purely hypothetical..'what if'. Look at it another way...Sunderland and Southhampton don't even have to get promoted for Carlos and Jonesy to play in the EPL if other teams come knocking with good offers. So I just saying..if they meet in the playoffs..how yuh go feel? And why? For me it has to do with wanting to see Carlos in the EPL asap. Does that mean that the only way for Carlos to play in the EPL is via Sunderland promotion? Nope. Does it mean that if Sunderland get promoted they will keep Carlos? Nope. I eh bothering to go there...just curious as to how people feel about the two teams with Trinis that have the best chance of getting promoted to the EPL..at this point. Your point is well-taken but I doh want this to turn into a 'if Southhampton or Sunderland get promoted, which Trinis will make the grade'...different kettle of fish   :beermug:

I have a feeling if Sunderland get promoted that Carlos will be a regular in the side, John will be on the bench and Yorkie will be player coach.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »
Ah want Sunderland to get promoted bad bad, dey going to start the new season with 6 points already in the bag from Newcastle.  ;D ;D ;D

I love it, 6 easy points from Newcastle  ;D That would be a dream come true

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 06:09:18 AM »
Of course de best deal is fuh both Sunderland and Southampton tuh get promoted. But listen meh, 3 T&T players is always better dan 1 T&T player in de EPL, Jones de Enterprise love yuh spirit and energy, but we have tuh go wid we new found love, which is Sunderland  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big respect Supa  :beermug: I would be nice to see Southampton go up with Sunderland as they are traditionally an EPL club and George Burley played for Sunderland when I was young. 14 games left and I am getting nervous  :o

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2007, 06:27:17 AM »
respect supa
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 06:50:25 AM »
I have a feeling if Sunderland get promoted that Carlos will be a regular in the side, John will be on the bench and Yorkie will be player coach.

I think you're right. Carlos could be Premier class but we'll have to sign a proven goalscorer who'll probably play alongside Stokes or Connolly so Stern might have to wait for his chance.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:59 AM »
What if NEITHER Sunderland or Southhampton get promoted...then WILL WE be asking the same question next season? :o
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2007, 07:24:45 AM »
What if NEITHER Sunderland or Southhampton get promoted...then WILL WE be asking the same question next season? :o

sorry...that's not in the rule book. next question  ;)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2007, 07:29:40 AM »
the 'experts' at ESPNsoccernet have their say....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=408287&root=england&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2&cc=5901

..........That George Burley is a serial loser in play-offs may not bode well for Southampton, though his brand of attractive football is usually enough to ensure his teams progress at least that far. While the precocious Gareth Bale has attracted most of the attention, the rehabilitation of Grzegorz Rasiak has been as significant. The Pole is the Championship's joint second top scorer but there should be more to come from two of Burley's other former charges, Rudi Skacel and Inigo Idiakez. (WHAT???.....no mention of Jonesy  >:( must have been written after he started winning all their points  :-[)

.................This season, few have entered the transfer market with greater vigour than Roy Keane. A radically different squad have transformed Sunderland under the Irishman's guidance and featuring a large contingent of his compatriots.

Anthony Stokes, the youngest of them, may be unproven in England but Carlos Edwards, part of Keane's Trinidadian trio, has shown himself to be a high-class Championship performer. In the shape of Dwight Yorke, Liam Miller, Graham Kavanagh, Dean Whitehead and Grant Leadbitter, Keane has acquired more central midfield options than anyone else, with the possible exception of Derby, and Sunderland appear to be gaining the momentum required.

..........That favours Birmingham and West Brom (and, curiously, Colchester). Derby, meanwhile, have their own asset at the top, with arguably the Championship's finest manager. There have been few causes for optimism in Midlands football in recent seasons, but the three clubs looking forward to banking £30 million apiece next season could be Derby, Birmingham and - perhaps via the play-offs - West Brom......booooooo!!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 07:31:44 AM by Filho »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2007, 07:33:03 AM »
Consider the fact that the teams that get promoted get big money and what they usually do is buy players (some experienced players who in the EPL now) and sell players who the coach feels eh going to make it.
Ah feel Kenwyne ok because of his youth. But I ent to sure about Dwight and Stern especially.
Stern already got dumped once.
So it could be bittersweet.
As long as it have Trini to put boots on Newcastle it all good.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 07:44:19 AM »
have faith my Trini friends,we will go up this year. :beermug: 8)
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 08:04:31 AM »
I didn't know you were a Toon/Magpie lover.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2007, 08:11:09 AM »
I didn't know you were a Toon/Magpie lover.

Mih office full ah Toon heads, Geordies , all kinda Newcastle paraphenalia stick up on walls, man wearing black an white stripes everyday, so with trini's in Sunderland ah having ah good go at them .  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »
If both teams go up.......

Yorke will play (experience), Carlos will play (quality), Stern will be shown the door and kenwyne will play (promise and athleticism) at the start and will continue to play only if he delivers goals.

I cant see stern playing in the premier league again.

It just doesn't seem possible although i still wish him well.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:14 AM »
yuh sure bout that andre ??....yuh know stern have a way of making people eat they words...ask disgruntled and even the coventry fans that boo him until his late season goals keep they shitty ass in the championship division last season...allyuh go ahead
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
If both teams go up.......

Yorke will play (experience), Carlos will play (quality), Stern will be shown the door and kenwyne will play (promise and athleticism) at the start and will continue to play only if he delivers goals.

I cant see stern playing in the premier league again.

It just doesn't seem possible although i still wish him well.

ah love it!!
Spot on!well said!I agree 8)
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2007, 11:38:45 AM »
I would love for both teams to make it to the premiership the question is if Sunderland make it will they keep Stern and Yorke our will they pick up a so called top striker in the same way when Stern helped Birmingham I feel Jones will stay with his club because of his age. Keane mite love them now but later could be a different answer.       
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
I wouldnt mind Jones in place of John for us next season. 8)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »
I wouldnt mind Jones in place of John for us next season. 8)

Boy, yuh take de words out meh mouth!

Didn't want to say so before, but with 12 goals so far for the season, Kenwyne would have been the better buy. And he's only 22.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
Well,you never know,if Southampton dont go up.........This trini magic works well for sunderland,i think it should continue! :-*

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2007, 01:51:15 PM »
respect supa

Big Mag, there are few people on de forum, we rate, and trust meh boss, de Enterprise rate yuh and have respect fuh yuh sah. We like how yuh does deal wid yuh threads, except fuh de last post we responded to  ;D. Respect  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2007, 01:57:49 PM »
Well,you never know,if Southampton dont go up.........This trini magic works well for sunderland,i think it should continue! :-*

Even if Southampton do go up I am sure Keano would be able to tempt him away from them, if we go up we will spend a shit load of money and the stadium will be jumping. Who wouldn't want to play for a manager like Keane in a stadium like ours in front of the most passionate fans in England..........I am a little biased though  ;D

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2007, 03:09:18 PM »
Of course de best deal is fuh both Sunderland and Southampton tuh get promoted. But listen meh, 3 T&T players is always better dan 1 T&T player in de EPL, Jones de Enterprise love yuh spirit and energy, but we have tuh go wid we new found love, which is Sunderland  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big respect Supa  :beermug: I would be nice to see Southampton go up with Sunderland as they are traditionally an EPL club and George Burley played for Sunderland when I was young. 14 games left and I am getting nervous  :o

:beermug: HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 08:16:42 AM »
Ok, alot of people have talked about it, want to do it. Hopefully when the weather warmer.....lol But we don't have much time left, the season is almost over.

So how many of you seriously willing to go support the boys at the SOL? I am considering organising with their fan club/mgmt, and maybe talk to a few folks like the TnT High Comm, PoisonUk, etc, and making a trip up north.

Should I start making enquiries? Do you think Trinis will go?
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UK Crew - anybody interested in going to a Sunderland game at the SOL?
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2007, 11:08:08 AM »
I for dat!!  It would be good if a London crew could meet up and go.......
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2007, 11:15:34 AM »
sounds good
Dwight could stay on the sofa I'll use his room
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Mate!! I for dat.

Just let me know.

I am in East London.

Just email me at socarandy@email.com

After the game we could organize some roti, who knows!!!

1]; } ?>