March 28, 2024, 12:55:53 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603066 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Official Details - Trip to Sunderland
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
Total (GBP)£260.00
wow not bad at all
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline DaG

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »
Hi all.
I'm a person of mixed race living in the Durham area of the north east & would like to add my twopenneth to this thread.
I have visited Sunderland & Newcastle on many occasions & always found Sunderland people friendly & inviting.
Sadly I could not say the same for Newcastle, where I now keep visits to a minimum due to a number of frightening incidents in the past.
You can't legislate for idiots though & it was a shame the steel band were abused, but it was by a small number of scumbags that you find in every city, don't let it put anybody off.
Cyas DaG.

Offline Nemo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »
My first post on here and I'm well pleased that it's to celebrate the first visit of the Soca Warriors to the City of Sunderland. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Eat your heart out Gooly, the Warriors are on their way.  :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2007, 09:13:04 PM »
My first post on here and I'm well pleased that it's to celebrate the first visit of the Soca Warriors to the City of Sunderland. Let's hope it's the first of many.

Eat your heart out Gooly, the Warriors are on their way.  :beermug:

Yeah, we definitely supporting SAFC big-time now!

Check my myspace page at www.myspace.com/socaprofessor for a good example.

It is now virtually an advert for Sunderland's drive for promotion to the Premiership! And many of my myspace friends will now be following Sunderland with keen interest as we of course highlight the contributions of our 3 Soca Warriors to the promotion campaign!

I'm sure some of them will also be keen to come along to the Easter game once I place the advert on my page!!  ;D

Btw down with Newcastle, the hate is amazing!   :chilling:

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Edwards_7

• Roy Keane's Red and White Army
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:15 AM »
They're just bitter that we have fans all over the world now

and we have Keano and Quinn instead of Glenn Rodent and Fat Freddy Shepherd

Offline Gooly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:48 AM »
Actually I am from Spain and support Real Madrid and if Sunderland have more fans than our team I will eat my hat, I moved to the North East of England for work and lived in Sunderland for 6 months, where I found the expierience very unpleasant so I had to move away for my kids sake. I can assure you that people in Spain have heard of Newcastle but not Sunderland. I not sure who Nial Quinn is.

Offline Nemo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2007, 02:53:47 AM »

Yeah, we definitely supporting SAFC big-time now!

Check my myspace page at www.myspace.com/socaprofessor for a good example.

It is now virtually an advert for Sunderland's drive for promotion to the Premiership! And many of my myspace friends will now be following Sunderland with keen interest as we of course highlight the contributions of our 3 Soca Warriors to the promotion campaign!

I'm sure some of them will also be keen to come along to the Easter game once I place the advert on my page!!  ;D

Btw down with Newcastle, the hate is amazing!   :chilling:

Cracking work Socapro, welcome to the Mackem army. A word of advice if I may , don't hate them, pity them.  ;)

Offline Nemo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2007, 02:58:59 AM »
Actually I am from Spain and support Real Madrid and if Sunderland have more fans than our team I will eat my hat, I moved to the North East of England for work and lived in Sunderland for 6 months, where I found the expierience very unpleasant so I had to move away for my kids sake. I can assure you that people in Spain have heard of Newcastle but not Sunderland. I not sure who Nial Quinn is.

:rotfl:

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2007, 03:42:38 AM »

are you sure your not from Barcelona?
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline buzzcock

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2007, 04:22:51 AM »

Piss poor !  Must try harder !  :D

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2007, 04:34:32 AM »

If anyone is racist on here it's you, also I do not for one minutes believe you are from Spain but I could be wrong. Are you saying that all Sunderland fans are racist?

Sunderland like all UK cities has an element of racism but it is certainly not the most racist CITY in the country. Over the years at Sunderland we have had many black players and they have been crowd favourites, the same players suffered racist abuse at most grounds in the country, none more so than Newcastle where they had bananas thrown at them in the eighties. This has never happened at Sunderland.

Newcastle was always known as one of the most racist clubs and on match days National Front literature was freely handed out to fans. I am not saying Sunderland fans are angels and if I am honest I have heard one or two racist comments from fans but they are a minority and are swiftly dealt with either by other fans or the stewards.

I am proud that my football team has players from all over the world, variety is the spice of life imho

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2007, 04:37:41 AM »

If as he says, he is from Spain and does not support Newcastle, why is he registered on here and why is he taking an interest in Sunderland? I don't believe him at all

Offline buzzcock

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2007, 04:39:39 AM »

If as he says, he is from Spain and does not support Newcastle, why is he registered on here and why is he taking an interest in Sunderland? I don't believe him at all

Fee Fie Foe Fum I can smell nufc1992's bum !

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2007, 04:40:49 AM »
could be  :rotfl:

Offline buzzcock

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2007, 04:47:26 AM »

I'm surprised his mam still let's him on the computer after she caught him in a state of excitement whilst downloading Leather joy boys !  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 07, 2007, 05:59:58 AM »

I'm surprised his mam still let's him on the computer after she caught him in a state of excitement whilst downloading Leather joy boys !  ;D
Hahaha Oh lord tht was a good laugh, hard luck gooly :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daddyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2007, 09:48:36 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:You is funny.
If we had some bacon,we could have some bacon and eggs........................................................................................................................................................if we had some eggs.

Offline SAFCjl

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:30 PM »

:rotfl:   :rotfl:

Offline PS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2007, 06:18:28 PM »
Evening, Trini friends from another lifelong SAFC supporter.   ;)

Just to say we've been running a poll on the SMB and the huge majority of Sunderland fans would definitely welcome some music in the stands during our 'carnival' game when your supporters will be with us.   Why not?  Lets' have some fun!

Here's the link:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=206396&page=3

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2007, 06:25:08 PM »

Just to say we've been running a poll on the SMB and the huge majority of Sunderland fans would definitely welcome some music in the stands during our 'carnival' game when your supporters will be with us.   Why not?  Lets' have some fun!

Here's the link:

welcome PS nice to meet you enjoy the site  ;)
Youtube Channel

Offline shiner77

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2007, 04:35:01 AM »
This is my first post on this borad got to say the support sunderland are getting is fantastic. I would also like to offer any help to those that are planning the trip up.

I read a post saying that sunderland is a racist city, I am very offended by this, as the people of sunderland are fantastic friendly people.

Every where has a very few idiots that will stir up trouble. but i am willing to stand along side our new friends and supporters. so for all the mackems on this message borad need to together

Haway the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »
This is my first post on this borad got to say the support sunderland are getting is fantastic. I would also like to offer any help to those that are planning the trip up.

I read a post saying that sunderland is a racist city, I am very offended by this, as the people of sunderland are fantastic friendly people.

Every where has a very few idiots that will stir up trouble. but i am willing to stand along side our new friends and supporters. so for all the mackems on this message borad need to together

Haway the lads!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeh tht damn gooly and he racist talk, like he lookin for a friend
Youtube Channel

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2007, 07:43:03 AM »
Phewww De wifey almost scare me.. Ah try to come dey bymyself but now she want to come too. Well it go work out in my favor...

Ah go bring she tuh england.. drop she and dee  kids by meh cousin on friday.. Den early Saturday leave for Sunderland after de game celebrate the spend Sunday by de family come back to Germany on monday...

I twork out that if she and de kids come to london I eh have tuh hurry back tuh Germany. How far is Stansted from London?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2007, 08:10:05 AM »
the stansted express runs from the airport to liverpool street station (in the city) this leaves every 15 minutes and takes 45 minutes you can also get buses in.
What part of London you going to ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2007, 08:11:10 AM »
I have to call my family later this evening. Will post it later
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »

Here's the link:

Welcome to our site dude.....I am sure I know you from somewhere though  :chilling:

Offline Edwards_7

• Roy Keane's Red and White Army
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2007, 02:17:19 AM »

F**k off Toon Toon

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2007, 04:58:10 AM »
Have you thought about where your all gonna sit in the stadium yet? Could be worth planning because not everyone is going to want to be sat behind a goal, in the upper tiers, in a corner etc... and if your planning to all sit together or in close proximity of each other it'll be best to get it all worked out in advance so everyone's as happy as they can be (lets face it, it's never going to be ideal for everyone) 

Not sure where would be best tbh, I go between the South West Corner and the North West Corner depending on who I go to the match with. The SWC is good for atmosphere, the NWC is less rowdy so good if your taking kids or just want to sit back and watch the match

Might be an idea to get a poll going on where people want to sit based on what they want from the seats (View, Atmosphere etc...)

I'm sure one of us would help set it up with a short description of the benefits of each section of the stadium

If this has already been done just ignore me  ;D

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2007, 06:33:17 AM »
I in with three others, just got our game for that day postponed as the team has to attend an important Trinidadian cultural event  ;D

We will be driving up from london and staying the night
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline shiner77

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2007, 08:28:06 AM »
where are you all meeting before the game would like to meet up and join the carnival atmosphere

1]; } ?>