April 19, 2024, 04:05:28 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606479 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Sunderland vs. Fulham
« Reply #1290 on: October 28, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »
Jones boy....dey cyah stop you atall atall! Jam dem! Concacaf watch out!

If KJ continue like dat, we cud only sit here and dream, about dis yute future at some very huge club. HIGHLY BLESSED.

No more dreaming Supa,all de man and dem wey talkiing bout KJ eh prove nuttin yet,  fail tuh realize de proof unfolding before dey eyes...is proof dey want, well look it dey ... KJ only getting better and better and is just ah matter of time before he playing for ah much bigger club,he clearly showing de EPL what he can do.The problem is the deal he now sign would make it difficult to get away from and maybe the only way he cud get out of Sunderland is for them to go down,not that ah wishing that,but I cyar see Keane letting him go if they stay up,it would take ah ridiculous amount ah money from one ah de big teams to make something happen.All KJ have to do is to continue bussin the net and raising his value and let that biddin begin......Ah know it hah man choopsin and bawlin i carrying on so becuz he score (again, i might add ) but is not just that, de man is ah force to reckon with on de pitch every game,if yuh defense eh ready is sure goal.KJ just have to work on his ball control which i'm sure will only get better but other than that KJ will make big noise in the EPL if not with Sunderland with some big team ...watch and see..doh blink it happening now.
i would also say for him not to do that piece of assness that he did with Southampton by refusing to play.
EPL clubs higher up the table will definitely splash out the cash if he continues this well
just hope he doesnt turn out to be a one season wonder like John Stead.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 28, 2007, 09:29:28 AM »
Look's like keane told kenwyn to cool it with the flipping, hence the reason why no flips i guess.

maybe..dunno. but he doh always do the flip, so it could be he just chose not to

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 28, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
i would also say for him not to do that piece of assness that he did with Southampton by refusing to play.

Dat so called piece a assness KJ do might just turn out to be the best thing he will ever do in his career.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 28, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »

Dat so called piece a assness KJ do might just turn out to be the best thing he will ever do in his career.

We who live abroad, more so than the local, will probably understand the need to assert one's self or be continually left back.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 28, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
Keane: Fans were different class
Oct 28, 2007
Sunderland Echo

Roy Keane paid tribute to the Sunderland fans after Saturday's 1-1 draw against Fulham.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane believes his side deserved a draw against Fulham, and paid tribute to the Cats fans who never gave up hope of a comeback.
He said: "They keep going - the fans were different class today, they kept them going."

Keane added: "It's funny, when you are a goal down at home with 10 or 15 minutes to go and you are down to 10 men, we will probably look back and say it was a point gained rather than two dropped.

"It was vital we got something out of the game. It would have been fantastic to have nicked it at the end, but the players earned the right.

"It was a strange day."

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1295 on: October 28, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »

we could say that now that is the best thing he coulda done in his career..but what if Keane was a manager that frowns on that sort of player attitude and pulled out of the deal?..he mighta still been at Southampaton.
so was a good thing too that Keane actually 'wanted' the man bad bad..but Keane go have that in the back of his head once the rumours in the papers start to fly in de summer.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 28, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »

we could say that now that is the best thing he coulda done in his career..but what if Keane was a manager that frowns on that sort of player attitude and pulled out of the deal?..he mighta still been at Southampaton.
so was a good thing too that Keane actually 'wanted' the man bad bad..but Keane go have that in the back of his head once the rumours in the papers start to fly in de summer.

managers only frown on that sort of the behavior when is their player leaving...

in this mercenary, dog eat dog football world, them men only too glad to be on de right side of the dealings..

*see morality thread

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 29, 2007, 03:34:11 AM »
The Independent

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article3106963.ece

Sunderland 1 Fulham 1: Keane may lower intensity to raise Black Cats' game
By Simon Rushworth
Published: 29 October 2007
It takes a brave man to question Roy Keane but British football has produced few braver than Stuart Pearce. When he talks, even Sunderland's self-assured manager listens and if the Black Cats do preserve their Premiership status this season then a debt of gratitude may be owed to the former Newcastle United full-back.

"There are people who call themselves professionals but in Stuart Pearce we had a player who gave meaning to the word," said Keane in his 2002 autobiography. "He was my role model."

Hence, when Pearce paid an impromptu visit to Sunderland's Academy of Light last week, to observe his former protégé putting the club's first-team squad through its paces, his views mattered more than most.

"Someone whose opinion I trust said he had been to lots of clubs and not seen that intensity and that's something I have to take on board," explained Keane, after his lethargic team had snatched a draw from the depths of defeat. "I'd hate my players to walk through training but it's something I'm prepared to look at.

"I'm not stupid enough to believe me and the staff have got all the answers and if someone you trust says they've not seen that level of intensity at other clubs it's something to think about."

Keane has been crippled by injuries and inconsistency this season and Pearce believes a punishing training schedule lies at the root of both problems. Certainly Sunderland laboured through the opening 45 minutes of a fixture they appeared destined to lose and only Fulham's profligacy prevented a damaging defeat in front of the Premier League's loudest supporters.

"To make [training] more intense for a shorter time might work for us when it comes to games," conceded the athletic and admirably frank Sunderland defender, Nyron Nosworthy. "Every player is different – some like to work hard and some might want to take it easy before a match. I think [our training regime] might have taken its toll."

Their form may be fitful and their bodies fragile but when it comes to match fitness few teams can better Sunderland. Keane might envisage long-term gain from listening to his mentor's advice but the fact remains that the Black Cats are the masters of endurance.When the Sunderland forward, Kenwyne Jones, cancelled out a spectacular first-half free-kick from the Fulham midfielder, Simon Davies, five minutes from time few home supporters were surprised. It was the fifth time this season Keane's players have scored in the final 10 minutes.
"It helps if you have a 6ft 5in centre forward because every time the ball goes into the box you have a chance," said Lawrie Sanchez, Fulham's downbeat manager, after Jones had headed home his fourth goal in six games. "If Sunderland didn't have him they wouldn't be the same.

"There are similarities with [Didier] Drogba. Jones is a big man, good in the air and an all-action player. But it is a bit early in his career to make that comparison."

Keane is an open minded Manager quite different to his percieved demeanour as a player. The team does look lethargic and lacks innovation. Hopefully less intensive training will reduce physical tiredness and reduce mental tiredness as well.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:40:02 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 29, 2007, 03:46:15 AM »

managers only frown on that sort of the behavior when is their player leaving...
in this mercenary, dog eat dog football world, them men only too glad to be on de right side of the dealings..
*see morality thread
yeah many times a manager will sit a player when there are negotiations for his transfer, especially if it is for their own benefit, so I believe that KJ did the right thing.
All this negative talks about him Refusing to play is just bad mind on the part of Southampton.
maybe they thought he was under their thumb and when he did his own thing they clucked like ole hens.
still cant believe that TnT peeps think he did the wrong thing.
He did what he thought was RIGHT for him...... ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 03:51:18 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 29, 2007, 06:42:47 AM »
Time for Sunderland to get some wins.
They only 3 pts ahead of the bottom club.
Lewwe start with Chelsea, 1-0 to Sunderland :)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 29, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »
Just watched the game.honestly can't believe I watched that whole game, but I wanted to see KJ. Just a couple of observations. Sunderland far too dependent on KJ and very predictable. Far too many Sunderland players lack composure. Once they feel the pressure they panic and give the ball away cheap cheap. All said, maybe they doing what necessary to get results, but I cant say I enjoy them. Carlos needs to be back in the squad to give them variety and penetration. Roy needs to go to the market in January and I mean foreign market. Go to France or Spain get some creativity, there seem to have an abundance of young play makers. KJ need help maybe be a speedy nippy front man to run off him and cause trouble from deep positions.

Observer I say that on another post an men call meh all kinda thing,some call meh a**,how I could say only kenwynne doing all the work,yet still ,it was a bbc commentator that said and I quote "kenwynne jones is in defence heading out a ball,runs up the middle takes control of the ball hits a one two with another player,play results in a corner,corner comes in kenwynne scores,hello is anyone but kenwynne playing"     

I imagine that Kenwyne pass the ball to heself on the two headers he score since he at Sunderland right? ::)

An above average player on an average team will always look like he pulling more than his share of the weight. No need to exagerate though.

Me eh exagerating boss,just quoting what someone said,plus yuh could take as many corner kicks and still play shit..........

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
Just watched the game.honestly can't believe I watched that whole game, but I wanted to see KJ. Just a couple of observations. Sunderland far too dependent on KJ and very predictable. Far too many Sunderland players lack composure. Once they feel the pressure they panic and give the ball away cheap cheap. All said, maybe they doing what necessary to get results, but I cant say I enjoy them. Carlos needs to be back in the squad to give them variety and penetration. Roy needs to go to the market in January and I mean foreign market. Go to France or Spain get some creativity, there seem to have an abundance of young play makers. KJ need help maybe be a speedy nippy front man to run off him and cause trouble from deep positions.

Observer I say that on another post an men call meh all kinda thing,some call meh a**,how I could say only kenwynne doing all the work,yet still ,it was a bbc commentator that said and I quote "kenwynne jones is in defence heading out a ball,runs up the middle takes control of the ball hits a one two with another player,play results in a corner,corner comes in kenwynne scores,hello is anyone but kenwynne playing"     

I imagine that Kenwyne pass the ball to heself on the two headers he score since he at Sunderland right? ::)

An above average player on an average team will always look like he pulling more than his share of the weight. No need to exagerate though.

Me eh exagerating boss,just quoting what someone said,plus yuh could take as many corner kicks and still play shit..........

The exaggeration wasn't in reference to the quote - it was in reference to an earlier statement you made about SAFC being a riff raff team with only 3 good players (incidentally the 3 trinis on the team). If you want to take one isolated comment from a coulour comentator in one match to justify you passing judgement on a whole team of players who you can't have possibly seen play as much as the three trinis in question, go right ahead, but I will still call it as I see it, and I see it as exaggerating.

As for taking all the corners and still playing shit, I don't see what that has to do with the point I made. The fact of the matter is that Kenwyne has had to receive the balls that he has scored as headers, and in both cases they were damn good crosses too.
You under no obligation to recognise that as a bias trini supporter, but don't come with that talk - KJ can't take the field alone against Chelsea or even Derby...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 29, 2007, 12:19:07 PM »
de man adding on to Kenwaynne  height now he 6 ft 4
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1303 on: October 29, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »
Sunderland 1-1 Fulham
By Jamie Lillywhite

A late header from Kenwyne Jones gave 10-man Sunderland a point.

Simon Davies surprised the Black Cats with a speculative 30-yard free-kick to give Fulham a deserved first-half lead.

Sunderland, ineffective until the final stages, played the last quarter with 10 after Greg Halford pulled back David Healy and was handed a second yellow.

But Jones flicked in from six yards in the 86th minute and might have won it with another header, substitute Anthony Stokes also denied in a frantic finale.
Full Report

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13467
It was a game of two halves

Boss Roy Keane's reaction to Sunderland's draw with Fulham:

"It was a game of two halves as they say. The players were different class in the second half. They kept going and earned the right to get a result - and we nearly nicked it at the end, which would have been very nice.

"I'm not sure whether I'm relieved to get a point or disappointed not to get three. I'm confused - it was a strange day.

"We were a goal down at home with 15 minutes to go and down to 10 men - we will probably look back and say that it was a point gained.

"It was vital that we got something out of the game. It would have been fantastic to have nicked it at the end.

"Our squad is being so tested so early in the season - all I can do is give credit to the players, they keep going.

"I thought the fans were different class today, they kept going as well. I admire them for staying with us, they kept the team going, especially when we were down to 10 men.

"Half-time came at a good time for us because we were sloppy and sluggish in the first half. You need to start quickly in these games.

"We stayed in the game and that's going to be vital for us - the ability to stay in games.

"We keep talking about our squad being tested. Roy O'Donovan got injured in the warm-up and our full-back [Greg Halford] is now suspended for two games.

"I thought Greg showed a good attitude today. He kept getting in those forward positions. If you want to be a good player, you have to keep getting there and keep having a go and I admire him for that.

"A lot of our players are playing with injury problems. In an ideal world, I'd like to give them a chance for the injuries to settle down.

"Kenwyne Jones hasn't trained all week - he had not even kicked a ball. We're asking players to keep pushing their bodies. I don't like doing it but we've not choice. Kenwyne was outstanding, he's a real good team player.

"Lots of good players have bad days but they still show for it, they are still brave and they still put their bodies on the line, and today the players did that in the second half.

"The law of averages says that Sunderland at home - with their fans - will get chances and we kept going and got our rewards.

"As manager of the club, I've got to ask myself why we were so flat in the first half. Possibly we've been pushing the players too much in training."

Match Thread
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 10:28:19 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 29, 2007, 07:04:08 PM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13470

Halford gets two-game ban

By Nick Alexander
Roy Keane will be without his first and second-choice right-backs when Sunderland go to Manchester City on Monday.

Greg Halford misses the game after getting sent off against Fulham on Saturday.

The former Reading man was booked twice at the Stadium of Light.

It would normally result in a one-game ban but Halford is sidelined for two because it was his second red card of the season - he was also sent off at Luton in the Carling Cup.

Roy Keane said: "Greg's made a decision and it has cost him. Now he's suspended for a couple of games and players start wondering why they can't get into the swing of things.

"If you keep getting booked and sent off, it's tough. We're not in a position to be losing players like this."

Paul McShane also misses the City game as he serves the last match of a three-game suspension.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: October 31, 2007, 06:48:38 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7071765.stm

Etuhu focusing on Sunderland job

Dickson Etuhu made his debut for Nigeria earlier this month
Dickson Etuhu says will not allow his Africa Nations Cup dream to get in the way of his club ambitions.

The Sunderland midfielder was handed his Nigeria debut in a 2-2 friendly draw with Mexico earlier this month.

He has now put himself in line for the tournament to be held in Ghana in January after impressing in his first Super Eagles appearance.

"It was great to get the call-up and it was a good experience playing for Nigeria," Etuhu said.

"I had been called into a couple of other squads, but couldn't make it because of injury, so it was nice to add an international debut to my career.

However, Etuhu is adamant he must concentrate on his career at the Stadium of Light.

"But I'm not really thinking about Nigeria or what might or might not happen in January," Etuhu said.

It was great to get the call-up and it was a good experience playing for Nigeria
Dickson Etuhu

"Let's cross that bridge when or if we come to it. My only focus is to do better for Sunderland, and I certainly feel my performances can improve.

"We want to get more points on the board, and that's my only concern."

Etuhu, a US$3m signing from Norwich in the off-season, freely admits there is more to come from him as he makes his way in the top flight.

However, the former Manchester City trainee has proved a central figure in Roy Keane's side, starting 10 of the 12 fixtures for the Black Cats so far this season.

His form for his club helped to win him his international bow, and Keane could be forgiven for anticipating the announcement of Berti Vogts' squad for the tournament.

If selected, Etuhu would be required to meet up with his international team-mates on January 4, 16 days before the competition gets underway, and could be away for up to six weeks.

Etuhu may have further chances to stake his claim in friendlies against Australia and Switzerland during the next international break.

His progress will be as closely monitored on Wearside as it is from the Nigeria dug-out.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Man City vs Sunderland
« Reply #1306 on: November 05, 2007, 07:31:49 AM »
for all those who are not aware

Premier League Week 12
Kickoff 2day at 4:00 tt time  ( 8pm UK)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:44:16 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Man City vs Sunderland
« Reply #1307 on: November 05, 2007, 07:37:01 AM »
game done.

1-1 all... Sunderland was playin ah man down since the 60th minute also being a goal down since the 30th minute or so and kenwyne in the 86th shows his consistent pedigree and buries ah header from ah six yard corss... leadbitter supplied the cross.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 05, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »
game done.

1-1 all... Sunderland was playin ah man down since the 60th minute also being a goal down since the 30th minute or so and kenwyne in the 86th shows his consistent pedigree and buries ah header from ah six yard corss... leadbitter supplied the cross.
:shameonyou:
that waz last week against Fulham padner,
Sunderland v Man City is today at 4
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:50:12 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 05, 2007, 07:46:12 AM »
Jefferz, today is de day to vote eh ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 05, 2007, 07:51:25 AM »
game done.

Full match report an ting eh lol.
Jefferz yuh not supposed to drink on election day.

Offline shotters365

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 05, 2007, 07:57:55 AM »
Anyone knows if this showing  live .
If so, on what channel CNC3 or FSC,

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1312 on: November 05, 2007, 08:06:28 AM »
game done.

Davyjenny contender.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 05, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »
game done.

Jefferz..like it too early for you to post, you still have yampee in yuh eye.

of course..you will be vindicated if dis turns out to be what happens this afternoon....you will then be obligated to give us some lucky numbers

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 05, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
Jefferz....yuh leading wid "post ah de year" wid dat one.  Yuh really come back strong. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »
Jefferz whats the numbers for the £18,000,000 rollover ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 05, 2007, 08:46:11 AM »
Jefferz....yuh leading wid "post ah de year" wid dat one.  Yuh really come back strong. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It definitely ranking up there...but Tallman might have ah slight edge on this one. It is still a classic tho.... :rotfl:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 05, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »

It definitely ranking up there...but Tallman might have ah slight edge on this one. It is still a classic tho.... :rotfl:
Haul yuh ass  :devil:. I in second place. Jefferz hadda take win wit dis one.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 05, 2007, 08:53:37 AM »
Tallman participants are not allowed to judge the competition.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 05, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »
Tallman participants are not allowed to judge the competition.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

diz is de ONE time men ent want to be fuss :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>