April 23, 2024, 10:22:20 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 607090 times)

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City vs Sunderland
« Reply #1380 on: November 05, 2007, 03:27:44 PM »
Look at dat judgment goal nah dread......Steuppes

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 05, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »
wallace shoulda start 4 me based on his recent performances
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1382 on: November 05, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »
wha de mudda neck is dat, dey take off mey fantasy capt ...steupppppps
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:48:09 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »
geez boy let them injured men come back quick....... this team huting eye
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »
steups....
sunderland frustrating to watch when dey ready.
i surprise keane doh lash some ah dem men.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1385 on: November 05, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »
wha kinda ah cross is dat ...steupppps
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 05, 2007, 03:52:53 PM »
clean sheet 4 dunne and he sure to get some bonus pts......so ah thankful

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 05, 2007, 03:57:52 PM »
If Sundeland continuing playing like this they definately playing in de championship div next season...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 05, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »
1-0 FT....  One shit game...   Sunderland are pathetic... KJ was bad today...  I know injuries have apart to play but they real terrible boy.. almost hard to watch

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1389 on: November 05, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »
If Sundeland continuing playing like this they definately playing in de championship div next season...
Carlos, Richardson, Whitehead, Dwight. Their entire first choice midfield mash up. They'll likely be better than this come next year.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 05, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »
Boy sometimes when I done watch sunderland play,I does be exhausted,like I was playing,the only reason ah doh lick done meh TV is because ah the mess it go make....LOL

Something have to be done soon with that team boy,them defenders is ah bunch ah voom kickers,chopra look like evan almighty,but he cyah save sunderland fuh shit,miller he does be tunning around in middle ah the field like ah turkey cock,ent sure what to do,god lend ah hand to that team................

Ah Tired........    

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 05, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »
Boy sometimes when I done watch sunderland play,I does be exhausted,like I was playing,the only reason ah doh lick done meh TV is because ah the mess it go make....LOL

Something have to be done soon with that team boy,them defenders is ah bunch ah voom kickers,chopra look like evan almighty,but he cyah save sunderland fuh shit,miller he does be tunning around in middle ah the field like ah turkey cock,ent sure what to do,god lend ah hand to that team................

Ah Tired........    

co sign  :beermug:

Sunderland played 4-4-2 today yet still their game plan was the same as a 4-5-1 ???
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 04:13:53 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 05, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »
Carlos, Richardson, Whitehead, Dwight. Their entire first choice midfield mash up. They'll likely be better than this come next year.

I agree if them breddas was playing we wudda see a different Sunderland but by the time dem man come back,hopefully soon,it will take them a  few games to build up some sort of chemistry and dem other side eh waiting on no one. Sunderland better recognize they in the EPL now adn step it up,I really hope dem fellas make a difference .As far as I concern de only good player Sunderland get with all de money Keane spend is KJ .....and yes, ah bias................ buh ah right too.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1393 on: November 05, 2007, 04:53:55 PM »
I listen to the game on the radio on a City feed and they felt that Sunderland should have gotten something i.e. City wasn't much better and Sunderland had more possession.

Sunderland is not doing badly, especially compared to their last two seasons in the premiership.

They are on a stretch now where they are playing better but not getting the breaks yet. Despite that they still not in the drop zone.

Most importantly they are in every game and are competitive. When they get the injured legs back and maybe make a January purchase they will push on in the new year, just as they did last year.

Patience.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 05, 2007, 05:22:10 PM »
TnT could give sunderland 5
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: November 05, 2007, 05:26:49 PM »
I listen to the game on the radio on a City feed and they felt that Sunderland should have gotten something i.e. City wasn't much better and Sunderland had more possession.

Sunderland is not doing badly, especially compared to their last two seasons in the premiership.

They are on a stretch now where they are playing better but not getting the breaks yet. Despite that they still not in the drop zone.

Most importantly they are in every game and are competitive. When they get the injured legs back and maybe make a January purchase they will push on in the new year, just as they did last year.

Patience.

Patience is fuh doctor  ::)

No but seriously ,come January Keane have to spend more money, he needs creativity in de midfield and cannot depend on Carlos or Richardson alone. Sunderland need 2 more man in de middle to open up the game,get everybody involved and create for the strikers.Today voom kick ball might have released some ah de pressha, buh not even that they cudda do properly.
Keane say he not selling KJ ,but let dem continue playing dah kinda ah 'league one' football,is straight back down dey heading...anyway yuh look at it KJ will be staying in the prems either with Sunderland or with another team so me eh worried bout KJ .....leh Keane keep on talking dah kinda ah dotishness and see if he cud pay KJ salary in the championship nah....he must sell him then.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 05, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »
That was the worst display of passing ive ever seen
Hart for president

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 05, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »

Which TNT you tlking about?  Will Sunderlnd play with Carlos, Yorke and KJ?  Ahh!!!!!!  That would make a big difference!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 05, 2007, 07:42:26 PM »

Which TNT you tlking about?  Will Sunderlnd play with Carlos, Yorke and KJ?  Ahh!!!!!!  That would make a big difference!

Dais de back bone ah Sunderland yuh call dey.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunderland AFC 2007-2008 thread
« Reply #1399 on: November 06, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »
Man City 1-0 Sunderland
By Charlie Henderson

Manchester City maintained their 100% Premier League home record and climbed to third in the table with a rocket of a volley from Stephen Ireland.

Ireland lit up an otherwise poor match when he made a cracking connection with Darius Vassell's cross from the left.

It was a cruel blow for Sunderland, who played the better for much of the game.

But Danny Collins and Anthony Stokes failed to find the target with flashing first-half headers and Kenwyne Jones could not turn in a left-wing cross.
Full Report

Roy Keane on Sunderland's defeat at City:
We didn't do enough

"I don't think we deserved anything tonight. I've been in football long enough to know that you have to earn the right to get something out of a game.

"One or two balls could have broken for us in the second half but we didn't do enough. There was one bit of quality and the lad [Stephen] Ireland took it nicely.

"We were hoping to cause them one or two more problems, we just didn't do enough. You can't fault the players' battling qualities and spirit but we need a bit more quality.

"I felt there was probably only going to be one goal in it. I knew that City would get one or two chances, the home team normally does and they have quality going forward.

"City will look back and say that we didn't cause them many problems.

"You have to step up and make it happen, that's why we are disappointed. There was an opportunity for us to get something out of the game and we let it pass by.

"Even if we weren't going to win, we should have got something out of it. It would have been great to get a clean sheet. We did OK but that's not enough, we need more. We just need a bit more quality in the attacking third.

"We have to look at ourselves. In the last few weeks there have been opportunities and we have not taken them.

"Their keeper has not had to make many saves and that's disappointing. The hardest place to produce that quality is in the final third - that's why the play-makers and goalscorers cost so much and are hard to get.

"It's disappointing when you feel there is something there to be had. The chances keep slipping us by and we can't keep saying it; the games are going by very quickly, we are putting ourselves under even more pressure."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:49:54 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 06, 2007, 09:05:06 PM »
Sunderland Reserves 8 Wolviston 0

Carlos Edwards and Andy Cole handed Sunderland a pre-derby boost by playing in their reserves win over Wolviston.

Both were on the scoresheet in the Newton Moor Durham County Challenge Cup rout at the Eppleton CW ground in Hetton.

But more importantly for the Black Cats, they played for an hour as they come back from injury.

Edwards has been sidelined since the opening week of the season with hamstring problems while Cole is yet to feature for Sunderland after hurting his calf in a reserves game shortly afetr joining the club in August.

Both now have an outside chance of featuring in Sunderland's game against Newcastle at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Edwards opened the scoring in the 10th minute from close range after Nathan Luscombe's shot was blocked Wolviston keeper Jamie Lawrence who had a good game.

It was 2-0 in the 12th minute. Centre-back Peter Hartley climbed well to plant a header into the roof of the net from Luscombe's corner.

Cole was involved in Sunderland's third in the 18th minute, cushioning a pass to Martyn Waghorn who lifted a shot over the keeper.

In the 20th minute, Waghorn got his second and the Black Cats' fourth, making the most of a mistake by Lawrence to slot a shot into an empty goal.

Edwards should have got a second in the 27th minute, slicing a shot wide after a dummy by Cole, and the right-winger forced Lawrence into action in the 28th minute with a stinging right-foot shot from 25 yards.

Luscombe scored a great goal in the 40th minute, skipping past his marker before firing a thunderous left-foot shot into the roof of the net.

Right on half-time, Lawrence made a good one-handed save to keep out Billy Dennehy's curling free-kick.

Cole made it 6-0 in the 47th minute from 10 yards after being teed up by Edwards. It came after good work down the left by Waghorn.

Lawrence made his second top-class save of the game in the 50th minute, blocking Edwards' shot after a cross by Dennehy.

Gavin Donoghue was the second central defender to get in on the act in the 52nd minute, crashing a right-foot shot into the top corner from 25 yards.

And substitute David Dowson completed the romp late in the game.

Sunderland: Carson, Kay, Donoghue, Hartley, Dennehy, Edwards (Weir 60), Chandler, Colback (Richardson 60), Luscombe, Cole (Dowson 60), Waghorn.

Wolviston: Lawrence, Farrel, Gillespie, Tpotohopolous, Burke, Robinson, Pickover, Paul, French, Foreman, Kilpatrick.

Attendance: 879.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
Carlos: Bring on Newcastle
By: Graeme Anderson (Sunderland Echo).

Carlos Edwards says he is ready to play in Saturday's Wear-Tyne derby – if he gets the nod from boss Roy Keane.
Sunderland's Trinidad and Tobago international winger successfully came through an hour of reserve-team football last night.
And after spending the last week in full training, he reckons he could be back and involved for Sunderland's first team as soon as Saturday.
The former Luton flier, out since mid-August with a troublesome hamstring problem, said: "It was great to get an hour's competitive football under my belt. It felt really good, like I'd never been out.
"I've had no reaction to the injury and hopefully that's the way it will be from now until the end of the season.
"Now I just can't wait to get involved in the first team again.
"I don't know if the Newcastle game will be seen as coming too soon for me.
"But I'm up for selection as far as I'm concerned and it's up to the manager whether or not he wants to include me in the squad.
"If I am selected, I feel I am capable of doing a job and I will go out there and give it 100 per cent of effort.
"I think there's no doubt that I do need two or three games before I'm fully match-fit again.
"But I do feel I could contribute this weekend if needed and it is a game I would love to be involved in.
"If not, then I will just accept that decision and wait for the chance to be involved in the fixture second time around."
As well as setting up a goal last night, Edwards also scored the opener in the 8-0 thrashing of Wearside League Wolviston – a game which also featured the return of Andy Cole, the veteran striker also getting on the scoresheet and getting an hour under his belt with no ill-effects.
Edwards felt the run-out was just what he needed at this stage of his comeback.
He said: "I enjoyed the game.
"No disrespect to Wolviston, I thought it might have been a more intense game and that would have given the injury more of a test.
"But I've had no bad reaction from the game and I don't expect any either.
"I have trained far longer in traning sessions than I played last night – and rather than do me any harm, I think the game will have done me the world of good.
"Fair do's to the physios, they have played their part in getting me right and here I am back in full training and ready to play.
"It was intensive treatment, trying to get me back to the player I was and they have done a good job getting me playing again the way I am now.
"I've missed my football – it seems like I've been out forever. You always want to play football, but injuries do happen and it was just sad that it happened to me so early in the season.
"I'm just hoping that I can get back in the team, stay injury-free and help the team kick-start our season a little."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 07, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
Carlos you already make my fantasy team for Saturday. Kenwyne you will now be getting the service you accustomed to so feed off CARLOS and make space for your self when he sending in them cross ball.

WE WINGER COME BACK!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 09, 2007, 07:24:59 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=13550

By Nick Alexander

Carlos Edwards is in contention to make a Premier League comeback in Saturday's North-East derby.

Edwards, who has been out for three months with a hamstring injury, played and scored in an 8-0 victory for the reserves on Tuesday.

Andy Cole, who has not played since August because of a calf problem, also featured in the second-team game in Hetton but the derby is likely to come too soon for him.

Boss Roy Keane said: "Carlos and Coley will look to train today and hopefully there will be no reaction. It's nice to see some of the injured lads back - a few weeks ago we were dragging players in from the street to train.

"Will they be right for Saturday? We'll see. Sometimes when you return from a long injury lay-off you might not see a reaction until a couple of days afterwards.

"Carlos is a fit lad but the game the other night would not have been anywhere near the intensity of a Premier League match, never mind a derby match. There's a question mark.

"If they train well over the next two days they have a chance; obviously they will come into the mindset, we've missed Carlos' pace and Coley's experience could be vital.

"It's highly unlikely that they will start the game but even if there are doubts, just for them be in the squad would be nice.

"I'll go with the gut feeling. It's an important match for the club and if I think they are fit then we'll go for it."

Sunderland have a two-week break from Premier League action after Saturday's game as the next round of international matches comes around.

Keane added: "At the back of your mind you've got to appreciate that there's a break coming up. The last thing we want is to rush Carlos for a few days and to lose him for a lot longer. You could say that happened four or five weeks ago."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland vs Newcastle - The Derby
« Reply #1404 on: November 10, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »
Carlos starting (knock on wood)

Sunderland:
______________Gordon______________
McShane, Nosworthy, Higginbotham, Harte,
Edwards, Leadbitter, Etuhu, Wallace,
____________Jones, Chopra__________

. Subs: Ward, Stokes, Miller, Collins, Connolly.

Newcastle:

------------------Harper------------------
Rozehnal, Faye, Taylor, Belozoglu
Milner, Barton, Smith, N'Zogbia
-------------Owen, Viduka-------------

Subs: Enqique, Martins, Geremi, Beye, Forster.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs Newcastle - The Derby
« Reply #1405 on: November 10, 2007, 06:32:58 AM »
Carlos will come on in the 50th

audio feed please?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 10, 2007, 06:34:42 AM »

audio feed please?

no need  CNC 3 is bringing it

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 10, 2007, 06:35:13 AM »

audio feed please?

no need  CNC 3 is bringing it

:beermug: :beermug:

yuh lie,  i doubt they go get it
but i still praying  :praying: :praying:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:37:04 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 10, 2007, 06:44:04 AM »
Carlos Edwards starting!
No Yorke.

Viduka back for 'castle.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:45:42 AM by dervaig »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:59 AM »

audio feed please?

is every weekend yuh does ask the same question so ?
http://mfile.akamai.com/6095/live/reflector:35549.asx?bkup=

1]; } ?>