April 19, 2024, 04:54:06 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606488 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs Newcastle - The Derby
« Reply #1440 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:14 AM »
"It is more than 27 years since Sunderland enjoyed a home
derby win over Newcastle, and more than 40 years since
they beat the Magpies at home in a top-flight
match."

http://www.safc.com/match/?page_id=13574&fixture=2847627&t=3

first point against the Toons in ages
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
we have to crawl before we can Run ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:05:02 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:53 AM »
1-1 FT

A fair result given Newcastle's spirit in the 2nd half...damn lucky goal though  :beermug:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 10, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »
Imagine you is a youth watching Sunderland or Newcastle, supporting them, growing up with them. What kind a player would you develop into? The game full of passion, committment, blood and guts, but no real football being player. No sparkle of imagination, invention, craft from an individual stand point and as a team no real passing and movement. Its mistake football.
Now you see why English players are the way they are.

for real

real pace and real boom-kick football

no real technical ability

Més que un club.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 10, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »

Newcastle's Joey Barton clashes with Sunderland's Dickson Etuhu ;D
Etuhu givin him ah Scottish kiss :D :D
"The first half ended in acrimony when, predictably, Newcastle's Joey Barton was involved in angry exchanges with Sunderland's players after raising his foot dangerously in a challenge with Dickson Etuhu."

Jones fires in a shot as Sunderland enjoy the better of the goalless opening 45 minutes at the Stadium of Light

Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle: Kenwyne Jones launches a Sunderland attack during an terrific opening to the match

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7088593.stm
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:24:49 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 10, 2007, 08:47:07 AM »
Good game...  Sunderland deserved to get 3 points but i think they will take the point...

Carlos was rusty as expected and looked cautious... Jones was decent.. very strong and had the defenders wary the entire time... He still needs to improve on his overall game but he is in the right place..

Sportsmax cut de game in de 89'.... i get so flikin mad eh...  i rush online open meh sopcast and watch d last couple of minutes

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
Imagine you is a youth watching Sunderland or Newcastle, supporting them, growing up with them. What kind a player would you develop into? The game full of passion, committment, blood and guts, but no real football being player. No sparkle of imagination, invention, craft from an individual stand point and as a team no real passing and movement. Its mistake football.

You may be right, and certainly English football isn't as technical or spectacular as that of other nations. But let me ask you this. Wouldn't you love to be part of that crowd today. Just imagine how exciting the ProLeague would be if you could generate that passion.

This game is for the people, the true supporters. Youjust have to be there amongst it as a 20 year fan to really understand the meaning of a British derby.

My friend I have no doubt, but derby football is not exclusive to the British. Al Zamelek vs Al Ahly in Egypt, Boca vs River in Argentina and Galatasaray vs Ferenbache are all clashes that I  have witnessed live. So I am aware of what club football means to supporters. However, what I am talking about has nothing to do with
the passion of the respective team's supporters.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 10, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
"Now left needing Boro and Spurs to win tonight for us. to benefit at all from tonight's point." So wish them luck .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 10, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »

You may be right, and certainly English football isn't as technical or spectacular as that of other nations. But let me ask you this. Wouldn't you love to be part of that crowd today. Just imagine how exciting the ProLeague would be if you could generate that passion.

This game is for the people, the true supporters. Youjust have to be there amongst it as a 20 year fan to really understand the meaning of a British derby.
         These are two very good prospectives from which we can look at a game,we have people here that are supporters of team and those that are actual Coaches,may be it have some that are both,the bottom line is we all benefit in some way or the other from the game,the thing with me is although i have my favourites i love Football and any teams playing the things i enjoy is the quality of the game,a good pass,trap,shot,cross,run etc etc is what excites me.
          Any how guys your points/views are in order.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 10, 2007, 09:11:37 AM »
Yuh know what funny to me?

In general (Sunderland vs Newcastle have more British players on show than most), these are British derby's that are being contested by players that are typically 90% non British. 

Is not like these players doh have technical ability.  But the pace of the game is such that it makes even good technical players average.  Nobody could tell me Emre doh have technical ability.  But he was AVERAGE in this game purely because of the PACE.

You look at the game Liverpool vs Arsenal (which of course wasn't a derby) and you draw a contrast.  That game was actually FASTER than this one, yet the technical display didn't suffer.  It was a testament to players on both sides but especially Arsenal's, that they played the FOOTBALL that they did.  Yet people want to blame Wenger for not "developin English players to play like the rest of his team". 

To take it a step further, it is heartening to see 2 of our own players able to COPE in such an environment.  Look at our best local based players.  Think Hardest could last 10 minutes out dey?  Marvin Oliver?  Kerry Baptiste?  Andre Toussaint?  EVEN Latas at dis stage of he career and dat eh no sacrilege.  But check Stokes.  As de commie say, Stokes used to score goals for fun at Falkirk last season.  Check him now.  Fish outta water.  Dis is de kinda step up we players have to make when playing International ball, even though the PACE isn't as fast, the technical side is superior, the fitness level is superior, and the psychological approach is superior.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:17:41 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1449 on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:14 AM »
"Now left needing Boro and Spurs to win tonight for us. to benefit at all from tonight's point." So wish them luck .

Whoever type that didn't do his maths right. 4 of the 5 teams below them playing each other. No matter who win them games, Sunderland will move down. They have to wish for both games to draw.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »
Some dude on the sund forum.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 10, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »
craig gordon IMO real fackin bad lucky,only one cleansheet thus far, ah wonder what next. hhummm, sunderland kinda remind me of the old T&T with latas, marcel, nakid, s john, elcock,yorke,hislop, talent to burn , out played their opponants most the time , but still fall short of a win, very frustrating. hope they stay up, i like that team.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 10, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
Good game...  Sunderland deserved to get 3 points but i think they will take the point...

Carlos was rusty as expected and looked cautious... Jones was decent.. very strong and had the defenders wary the entire time... He still needs to improve on his overall game but he is in the right place..

Sportsmax cut de game in de 89'.... i get so flikin mad eh...  i rush online open meh sopcast and watch d last couple of minutes

they brought it back in the 91st minute,

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 10, 2007, 10:41:32 AM »
craig gordon IMO real fackin bad lucky,only one cleansheet thus far, ah wonder what next. hhummm, sunderland kinda remind me of the old T&T with latas, marcel, nakid, s john, elcock,yorke,hislop, talent to burn , out played their opponants most the time , but still fall short of a win, very frustrating. hope they stay up, i like that team.
it is amazing the amount of "Lucky" goals that have scored against Sunderland this year so far
If only they can reverse that trend and start gettin a few lucky goals themselves...things will look real good
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 10, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »
i now come home how Carlos look and how much minutes he play, i hear he look rusty  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: November 10, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »
i now come home how Carlos look and how much minutes he play, i hear he look rusty ???

Yea d rustiness was expected, he didnt keep possession muich, plenty long ball which you coud probably put down to his lack of match fitness, but he kept it out there on the wing and maintained the shape and tracked back, even though get beat for the newcastle equalizer.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 10, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »
kewyne and Carlos just get big up on bcc going on now , say how trinidad and tobago have two quality players and they will take us a long way, he say carlos was superb  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 10, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »
it is amazing the amount of "Lucky" goals that have scored against Sunderland this year so far
If only they can reverse that trend and start gettin a few lucky goals themselves...things will look real good

That was no "lucky goal".  That was a quality cross into a very uncomfortable area to defend.  He didn't mean to score but it was the kind of cross that routinely produces goals.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 10, 2007, 11:40:41 AM »
i now come home how Carlos look and how much minutes he play, i hear he look rusty ???

Yea d rustiness was expected, he didnt keep possession muich, plenty long ball which you coud probably put down to his lack of match fitness, but he kept it out there on the wing and maintained the shape and tracked back, even though get beat for the newcastle equalizer.

For someone who comin back after injury, I found Carlos did well.  Faded towards the end, played somewhat cautiously, and should have been subbed off.  I don't know why Keane kept him on.  Especially when in the last game when he got injured, he said that he should have subbed him as he was coming back too early.  Keane get lucky there.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 10, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »

For someone who comin back after injury, I found Carlos did well.  Faded towards the end, played somewhat cautiously, and should have been subbed off.  I don't know why Keane kept him on.  Especially when in the last game when he got injured, he said that he should have subbed him as he was coming back too early.  Keane get lucky there.

Keane playing brave yes
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 10, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »

That was no "lucky goal".   That was a quality cross into a very uncomfortable area to defend.  He didn't mean to score but it was the kind of cross that routinely produces goals.
so, how are the two parts that are underlined inexclusive ?
I believe that you are saying what i am saying
all I am saying is that many goals against Sunderland this year seem to me to fall into this catergory, as I totally agree with your last sentence.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 11:57:32 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 10, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »
What about that shot kenwyn put wide, i thought that was a goal for sure, yuh should've seen me jumping out meh seat for nothing, how i wish he did bury that. probably would've been ah candidate for goal of the week. oh well.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:00:15 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 10, 2007, 12:09:19 PM »

That was no "lucky goal".   That was a quality cross into a very uncomfortable area to defend.  He didn't mean to score but it was the kind of cross that routinely produces goals.
all I am saying is that many goals against Sunderland this year seem to me to fall into this catergory, as I totally agree with your last sentence.

You not understandinwhat I sayin.  A ball like that more often than not produces goals.  Therefore to me, it cyah be deemed "lucky". 

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 10, 2007, 03:41:06 PM »
It was lucky in that it was not the player's intent to score.

I don't think anyone was saying that it was a bad ball. Yes it was into a dangerous area but it still was lucky.

You not understandinwhat I sayin.  A ball like that more often than not produces goals.  Therefore to me, it cyah be deemed "lucky". 
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 10, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »

How to use subs is a real learning experience & it takes experience & timing. Fergie is the master at it, while many will claim its Wenger's weakness. Keane will have to learn this as he gains more of a feel for his team and  experience.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 10, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »

It was lucky in that it was not the player's intent to score.
I don't think anyone was saying that it was a bad ball.
Yes it was into a dangerous area but it still was lucky

my point  Ed Zachery ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 03:58:24 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 10, 2007, 04:57:13 PM »
Ey ah glad Sunderland get a point.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 10, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »
You find a game involving two of the worst teams in England and using that as a gauge on the quality of the English players?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 10, 2007, 08:33:58 PM »

my point  Ed Zachery ;)
I think that a difference can be found between an inadvertent goal...and a lucky goal, irrespective of where you'd qualify this one.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 10, 2007, 09:17:29 PM »
You find a game involving two of the worst teams in England and using that as a gauge on the quality of the English players?

Newcastle is one of the biggest clubs in England and beside that, I am not using it as a guage to anything. I am simply stating that the game lacked qualities and how it may have an effect on a  young player watching. I also watched Arsenal de sarandi and Rosario Central (13th place versus last place in Argentina) yet their were technical qualiries that made one sit up and notice  and the teams displayed qualities that even if you supported the last place team, their were qualities displayed that would aid any young player.
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>