April 19, 2024, 03:17:28 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606369 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Keane and Sunderland part company
« Reply #2070 on: December 04, 2008, 05:36:20 AM »
Page last updated at 11:26 GMT, Thursday, 4 December 2008
 E-mail this to a friend   Printable version 

Keane and Sunderland part company 

Keane took charge of Sunderland in 2006
Roy Keane has left his position as manager of Sunderland Football Club, BBC Sport understands.

Keane has hinted in recent weeks that his future may not be certain hinting that he could leave the club.

Sunderland are 18th in the Premier League and have lost five of their last six games.

The former Manchester United midfielder took over at the Stadium of Light in 2006 and led them to the Premier League in the 2006/07 season.

Their latest defeat came against Bolton on Saturday with the Black Cats losing 4-1.

More to follow.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane leaves Black Cats
« Reply #2071 on: December 04, 2008, 05:36:23 AM »
Keane leaves Black Cats
Sunderland manager quits

Sunderland have parted company with manager Roy Keane, skysports.com understands.
Keane had been locked in talks over a new deal, which had refused to sign until he was fully happy with the terms.
Now the Irish legend has walked away from the job, following weeks of speculation about his position.
Keane took charge in August 2006 and he made an immediate impact as he guided Sunderland to the Championship title the following May.
Last season the club consolidated their place in the top-flight and Keane's task this term was to make an assault on the top-half of the table.
With that in mind, Sunderland backed Keane by spending nearly £30million on new players with the likes of Djibril Cisse, Pascal Chimbonda, Anton Ferdinand, El-Hadji Diouf and George McCartney all coming in.
Coupled with the plus £30million spent the previous summer, expectation levels were high on Wearside.
However, despite a morale boosting Wear-Tyne victory over rivals Newcastle - their first since 1980 - Sunderland's form and place in the league has plummeted.
Just two wins in ten league games sees them in the bottom three, and speculation has been rife in the North East over the last month that Keane was ready to walk away from the club.
And now the former Manchester United has left his first managerial post, leaving Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn with the task of finding somebody to guide the club to Premier League safety.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 04, 2008, 06:01:54 AM »
 :o :o
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 04, 2008, 06:10:27 AM »
 :o :o :o

Hmmmm....wonder what effect this will have on the playing time of the trinis........and more importantly - who will take over now  ???

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 04, 2008, 06:19:49 AM »
the trinis and the entire squad have to battle to impree this new manger wheter theywant to or not

fair chance for everyone
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 04, 2008, 06:30:14 AM »
:o :o :o

Hmmmm....wonder what effect this will have on the playing time of the trinis........and more importantly - who will take over now  ???

Don't know why you are shocked see the Manu Sunderland thread.

I personally have a bit mixture of regret and relief given his comments on Friday.

Easily have teh palyers just got to get organised now.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »
hmm i wonder who in charge for Saturday's game and further more who replacing him.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: manchester united v sunderland.
« Reply #2077 on: December 04, 2008, 06:32:03 AM »
This will be Kenwyne Jones's most important game in his life to date....

Man Utd had a habit of chasing players who perform very well against them, eg Yorke, Saha, Tevez when he poison them in the last game of the season 2 years ago for West Ham, Rooney...etc etc...

A very commanding display against Ferdinand and Vidic will have Fergie's interest.
He is young, strong, fast and theoretically a very good future ahead of him, plus transfer fee whould not be too high from a club struggling as much as Sunderland....

Very important game....Good luck KJ.
Edwards kinda too old now  for them to consider..you would think

yeah right

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2078 on: December 04, 2008, 06:38:53 AM »
hmm i wonder who in charge for Saturday's game and further more who replacing him.

Yorke  ;D

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline trini warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 04, 2008, 06:47:09 AM »
it was nice roy - all de best

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 04, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »

Yorke  ;D

We could give them Maturana?!?  :-\

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2081 on: December 04, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »

Quinn will probably take charge for Saturday.

Could be a cricket score or the Sunderland players could realize that they need to do better.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:24 AM »
Like d defeat v Grenada not shock. Thanks 4 hookin up we fellas all d best.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2083 on: December 04, 2008, 07:10:37 AM »
This will be Kenwyne Jones's most important game in his life to date....

Man Utd had a habit of chasing players who perform very well against them, eg Yorke, Saha, Tevez when he poison them in the last game of the season 2 years ago for West Ham, Rooney...etc etc...

A very commanding display against Ferdinand and Vidic will have Fergie's interest.
He is young, strong, fast and theoretically a very good future ahead of him, plus transfer fee whould not be too high from a club struggling as much as Sunderland....

Very important game....Good luck KJ.
Edwards kinda too old now  for them to consider..you would think

Trini what yuh really saying?

I would think that his selection for the return leg against Bahrain or the World Cup games were much bigger games than playing United, a team that he will play again this season and several times in the coming years.

On top of that United is not interested in Jones. They have three main strikers and a three youths to bring through. If they looking to bring in any players it will be in midfield or defence.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 04, 2008, 07:17:03 AM »

Sunderland confirm Roy Keane departure
After 2 ¼ years at the helm, Roy Keane has parted company with Sunderland AFC after both parties reached an amicable agreement.

Keane, who decided the time had come to stand down took over Sunderland in August 2006 when the team were languishing at the bottom of the Championship. He steered the Black Cats to promotion to the Premier League at the first attempt and maintained Premier League status in 2008.

Sunderland Chairman Niall Quinn said: “First of all on behalf of everyone here I would like pay thanks to Roy Keane for all his hard work in progressing this Club, lifting its status and growing its worldwide profile.

“Roy deserves huge respect for his contribution and the manner in which he guided the Club from the depths of The Championship back to the Premier League. His winning mentality and singled mindedness were just what this Club needed when Drumaville took over shortly before his arrival.

“Roy’s decision to stand aside and allow someone else to take charge of the next chapter sums up his desire to always do what is best for the Club. Even in his departure he has been more concerned for the welfare of the players and his staff than himself.

“The Board has reluctantly accepted his decision and wish him and his family well for the future.“

Roy Keane added “I would like to thank my staff, players, Niall Quinn and in particular the fans for their support during my time at Sunderland and I would like to wish the Club every success in the future.”

The Board will now commence the task of identifying and recruiting a successor and Ricky Sbragia has agreed to take over team management assisted by Neil Bailey and Dwight Yorke as an interim measure.

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: December 04, 2008, 07:21:52 AM »

Sunderland confirm Roy Keane departure
After 2 ¼ years at the helm, Roy Keane has parted company with Sunderland AFC after both parties reached an amicable agreement.

Keane, who decided the time had come to stand down took over Sunderland in August 2006 when the team were languishing at the bottom of the Championship. He steered the Black Cats to promotion to the Premier League at the first attempt and maintained Premier League status in 2008.

Sunderland Chairman Niall Quinn said: “First of all on behalf of everyone here I would like pay thanks to Roy Keane for all his hard work in progressing this Club, lifting its status and growing its worldwide profile.

“Roy deserves huge respect for his contribution and the manner in which he guided the Club from the depths of The Championship back to the Premier League. His winning mentality and singled mindedness were just what this Club needed when Drumaville took over shortly before his arrival.

“Roy’s decision to stand aside and allow someone else to take charge of the next chapter sums up his desire to always do what is best for the Club. Even in his departure he has been more concerned for the welfare of the players and his staff than himself.

“The Board has reluctantly accepted his decision and wish him and his family well for the future.“

Roy Keane added “I would like to thank my staff, players, Niall Quinn and in particular the fans for their support during my time at Sunderland and I would like to wish the Club every success in the future.”

The Board will now commence the task of identifying and recruiting a successor and Ricky Sbragia has agreed to take over team management assisted by Neil Bailey and Dwight Yorke as an interim measure.

whoa this is good news for yorkie let us see how this goes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 04, 2008, 07:22:56 AM »
Dwight learnin so he and Latas can take charge when JW wake up and realize d present coach pass he sell date
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:57 AM »
this could turn into a cricket score if sunderland play de ass.  :devil:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 04, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »
I have to admit I'm a lil disappointed  ... Keane is a man known for stepping up his game when the heat is on and now ...when he need to really step up he walks away?  To me it doesn't make sense I never envision him as a quitter ......  I wonder if he lost the dressing room? I can't help but feel this is a loss to sunderland and a big one!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 04, 2008, 07:28:48 AM »
Not cricket rugby or hockey

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 04, 2008, 07:31:18 AM »

Yorke  ;D

He is helping the assistant coach  ;D.... May be Yorke will send them Latas "CV"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 04, 2008, 07:33:38 AM »
I have to admit I'm a lil disappointed  ... Keane is a man known for stepping up his game when the heat is on and now ...when he need to really step up he walks away?  To me it doesn't make sense I never envision him as a quitter ......  I wonder if he lost the dressing room? I can't help but feel this is a loss to sunderland and a big one!

He is a very emotional man.... you get this picture when you read his Biography....

Shame for him to walk away......

I agree with you on this one.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 04, 2008, 07:51:16 AM »
Well...if Yorke there, hopefully Carlos have a chance still. Otherwise, he in trouble if anybody comes in who didn't see him in their promotion year.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2093 on: December 04, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »
who's the f**kin clown now?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 04, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »
Sunderland owe him a lot. Got them back in the top flight after they were languishing in the bottom off the Championship table. Gave some of our boys a chance to show what they can do.

Often when a manager walks away, the board 'encourages' him to leave. Sunderland (the club) probably have a lot of respect for Keane and may have given him the opportunity to 'quit' instead of firing him outright. May not necessarily be a case of him being a 'quitter'.

In any case, he is a rookie manager and should have learned alot from his experiences. If he wants to continue to manage at the top level, I feel he'll get more chances. And if Republic of Ireland fail to qualify for the WC...watch for his name to get call one time

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 04, 2008, 08:17:10 AM »

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 04, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »
Sunderland owe him a lot. Got them back in the top flight after they were languishing in the bottom off the Championship table. Gave some of our boys a chance to show what they can do.

Often when a manager walks away, the board 'encourages' him to leave. Sunderland (the club) probably have a lot of respect for Keane and may have given him the opportunity to 'quit' instead of firing him outright. May not necessarily be a case of him being a 'quitter'.

In any case, he is a rookie manager and should have learned alot from his experiences. If he wants to continue to manage at the top level, I feel he'll get more chances. And if Republic of Ireland fail to qualify for the WC...watch for his name to get call one time

Filho, I don't know if the board encourage him to leave in this case.
RK is a loose cannon.
He made stipulations to his contract - details of which we can infer - and management was unwilling to bend.
RK has made a hash out of this season, with players he bought, in a system that he built.
He asked the board for the leeway, and they gave it to him with 100% full backing.

No-one gave him the opportunity to quit.
He quit because he didn't get his own way.
The same way he quit on Ireland in his playing days. He didn't get his own way.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 04, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 04, 2008, 08:26:47 AM »
who's the f**kin clown now?

you

water off a duck's back. My loyalty to that club is none existant.
If Kenywne Jones or any Trini for that fact were to play for Newcastle United ... I would be a fan of their too.
When Shaka Hislop played for Newcastle United, I was a "fan" of theirs too. Then he left, and I said f**k 'em.
I surmise many of the other forumites here will have similar feelings.
Fact - our loyalty is to our Trini kin over some club in the NE of England that most of us couldn't even point out on a map.

1]; } ?>