March 28, 2024, 04:11:40 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 602995 times)

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: manchester united v sunderland.
« Reply #2250 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »
kenwyne just breed ah man and put him to sit down.

You mean bundle into someone and get a corner. Because thats what he did. You talk as if he's Messi jinking his way past a group of players.  :rotfl:

United were plodding for long spells until Anderson injected some life into the midfield. Ronaldo was fairly quiet and Tevez did more in twenty minutes than the rather static Berbatov managed for the entire ninety. I mean, he scores a hat-trick on Wednesday and his reward is to be benched. The crowd reaction to him coming on said it all...he should be starting most games.

Sunderland got what they deserved, they came for one thing...0-0. They showed no real ambition and were quite content to sit back and run the clock down whenever they got the chance. At least Sunderland came to Old Trafford last year and gave them a game. United deserved their goal because they were the only ones pushing for one. If only they had shown this level of grit and determination when Keane was there...he might not have walked, therein lies the irony.

1-0, three points and still in touch going into Xmas...

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
We could also pretend that you have some sort of rationale to support this nonsense 'animus' talk

Do you even know what 'animus' means?

Go on, give it a whirl...without Googling...

Don't worry, he wasn't calling you an 'anus'...because thats what I'm about to do...

Anus.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 06, 2008, 08:50:51 PM »
thanks for the entertainment fellahs, ah screw up Tivoing manu v sunderland, ah log on to get the score and jump right into dis baccahnal...i must say ah cringed when ah man ask Bakes bout knowing de meaning of a word???

oh, and Sunderland is ah effing sh*& side, is all i could do to watch dem even if kenwyne dem playing far less for if they weren't.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »
i cyah believe men still talking bout this game. I was real sour up until the end when we finally scored.

anyhow

Allyuh feel tevez getting salts for comments he made in the summer transfer about letting ronaldo go to real?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 06, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »
We could also pretend that you have some sort of rationale to support this nonsense 'animus' talk

Don't worry, he wasn't calling you an 'anus'...because thats what I'm about to do...

Anus.

You're trying awfully hard to make both yourself and "anus" a part of the conversation... which is really redundant when you think of it.

-------------

Fyzo yuh ent miss nutten nah dred... not even Kenwyne's li'l 20 mins made de exercise worthwhile.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 06, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »

Anus.

You're trying awfully hard to make both yourself and "anus" a part of the conversation... which is really redundant when you think of it.

-------------

Fyzo yuh ent miss nutten nah dred... not even Kenwyne's li'l 20 mins made de exercise worthwhile.

yeah boy Sky Sports just show highlights and had to kinda apologize and say dat Sunderland didn't have ah shots on goal.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keane and Sunderland part company
« Reply #2256 on: December 07, 2008, 09:15:47 AM »
I ent too sure what was worse this week...taking talk from the newcastle supporter in the office or taking talk from mih mother because of the grenada result...

I real sorry to hear this news.He was probably not more than an average EPL coach, and I think he get scared after the near escape of last year/ or let the backroom pressure get to him and went and splurge on a whole new team without realising how difficult it was going to be for them fellas to gel but I like the scene Keane was on.

Is funny how men who never had one smelly fart to give about Sunderland suddenly finding thing to say.

Anyway we will see how it unfold ...and we go see exactly how much time Yorke and Carlos getting when the new manager come in.

I eh know? Somewhere between harsh and premature? ... Decided to have a look based on my view of the man's actual peer group ... bolded below.

Arsenal
Arsène Wenger (France)

Aston Villa
Martin O’Neill (Scotland)

Blackburn Rovers
Paul Ince (England)

Bolton Wanderers
Gary Megson (England)

Chelsea
Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil)

Everton
David Moyes (Scotland)

Fulham
Roy Hodgson (England)

Hull City
Phil Brown (England)

Liverpool
Rafa Benítez (Spain)

Man City
Mark Hughes (Wales)

Man United
Alex Ferguson (Scotland)

Middlesbrough
Gareth Southgate (England)

Newcastle United
Joe Kinnear (Ireland)

Portsmouth
Tony Adams (England)

Stoke City
Tony Pulis (Wales)

Sunderland
Keane ... Ricky Sbragia (Scotland)

Tottenham Hotspurs
Harry Redknapp (England)

West Brom Albion
Tony Mowbray (England)

West Ham United
Gianfranco Zola (Italy)

Wigan Athletic
Steve Bruce (England)

Now lehwe look at de most current standings at time of posting ...

1.Liverpool 16 15 37
2 Chelsea 16 29 36
3 Man Utd 15 17 31
4 Arsenal 16 9 29
---------------
5 Hull 16 -1 26
6 Aston Villa 15 6 25
7 Everton 15 -2 22
8 Portsmouth 15 -4 22  ... Adams in for Harry late Octoiber
9 Fulham 15 1 20
10 Bolton 16 -1 20
11 Wigan 16 -2 19
12 Middlesbrough 16 -7 19
13 Stoke 16 -10 19
14 Man City 16 6 18
15 West Ham 15 -5 18 ... Zola came in for Curbishley early September
16 Newcastle 16 -5 16
17 Tottenham 15 -4 15

-----------------

18 Sunderland 16 -12 15
19 Blackburn 16 -14 13
20 West Brom

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:20:11 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 07, 2008, 01:10:27 PM »
Yeah sunderland looked and played weak, no heart at all, thats why keane walked out on them. Hull, Stroke and West Brom all showed more fight in them, sunderland just defended with 9 men behind d ball and 1 up top.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 07, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Yeah sunderland looked and played weak, no heart at all, thats why keane walked out on them. Hull, Stroke and West Brom all showed more fight in them, sunderland just defended with 9 men behind d ball and 1 up top.

Like Trinidad vs Sweden... no heart at all  ::)

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 07, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »

Kill you dead yuh rather go down in flames trying to compare TnT (WC 2006) to that shit side yesterday, rather than admit what you self concede is 'obvious'. 

At least in Germany we were able to threaten Sweden on more than a couple occasions... including Glen hitting the post early.  Showing "heart", "fight" etc. is about more than pulling everybody into your defensive third and hoofing long.  How many shots on goal did Sunderland have yesterday?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 07, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »

Kill you dead yuh rather go down in flames trying to compare TnT (WC 2006) to that shit side yesterday, rather than admit what you self concede is 'obvious'. 

At least in Germany we were able to threaten Sweden on more than a couple occasions... including Glen hitting the post early.  Showing "heart", "fight" etc. is about more than pulling everybody into your defensive third and hoofing long.  How many shots on goal did Sunderland have yesterday?

pardner please go all de way back where i commended Sunderlands defensive fortitude and effort.. and I particularly highlighted THAT facet of de game...
Lately Sunderlands problems have been defensive... so with de circumstances going into de game.. I think Sunderlands game plan wasn't too bad... It make for an exciting game in de end.. and dey plan almost work..

What wrong with being ah shit side in ah David and Goliath match up? aka Trinidad at de world Cup.. dat is where de comparison end

and ps in my opinion dem fellas show heart... some fellas more than others
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:56:50 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2261 on: December 07, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »

Name a second occasion. As a man who deal only in unbiased fact, I'm sure you have that info at your fingertips before you typed.

Let's see if your memory works better than mentioning an early shot by a man who come on during the second half.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 07, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
pardner please go all de way back where i commended Sunderlands defensive fortitude and effort.. and I particularly highlighted THAT facet of de game...
Lately Sunderlands problems have been defensive... so with de circumstances going into de game.. I think Sunderlands game plan wasn't too bad... It make for an exciting game in de end.. and dey plan almost work..

What wrong with being ah shit side in ah David and Goliath match up? aka Trinidad at de world Cup.. dat is where de comparison end

and ps in my opinion dem fellas show heart... some fellas more than others

I have no argument with that if that's yuh position... I agree that defensively they tried their best and gave commendable effort. 

Really and truly I can't point to any one man who didn't give effort, I particularly have to hand it to Fulop and Chimbonda on defense, Whitehead in midfield (although he was out of his league, out-classed and out-paced whole game) and Cisse up front.  Chimbonda and Fulop had their hands full (Ferdinand to some degree too) but they did their best under trying circumstances.  Yorke to me had a forgettable game, but nothing that I'd fault his effort on... Cisse didn't make much of a note but he did hustle after every ball that came his way... Kenwyne as well, but he probably needed more time to really leave any kind of a mark beyond winning the late corner.

Diouf was about the only real goat fuh me yesterday.

Name a second occasion. As a man who deal only in unbiased fact, I'm sure you have that info at your fingertips before you typed.

Let's see if your memory works better than mentioning an early shot by a man who come on during the second half.

Ay aye... Monkey yuh reach back? Whether mih memory was perfect or not my point has been proved.  But ah was waiting fuh yuh tuh come substantiate yuh "animus" claim... whappen yuh too busy performing fuh bananas or what?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »
Ay aye... Monkey yuh reach back? Whether mih memory was perfect or not my point has been proved.  But ah was waiting fuh yuh tuh come substantiate yuh "animus" claim... whappen yuh too busy performing fuh bananas or what?

Steups. Just because a man tell you not to use Google doh mean you had to listen.

animus n.     An attitude that informs one's actions; disposition.
animus n.     Basic attitude or governing spirit : disposition  , intention
animus n.     An animating force or underlying purpose; intention

Whether it's because of your dislike for Keane, or because you're tweaked by bandwagon Trini fans, you're being disingenuous by pretending your comments are totally objective. You feel some kinda way. Somebody who really doh care doh constantly chook their mouth in.

Also... you ain't prove nothing. Remember this debate started with comparisons to TT v Sweden. And you still can't give me the "more than a couple occasions" we threatened the Swedish goal.  Carlos had one shot into the keeper arms and Cornell hit de bar. That's a couple. There was no "more than..." Our performance that day was just as offensively ineffective as the Sunderland display against Man U.

So again... if that was T&T, man woulda be breaking on deyself.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:03:21 PM by Monkey Genius »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 07, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »

So again... if that was T&T, man woulda be breaking on deyself.

Some woulda been breakin', others woulda be bawlin' that if Latas had get a sweat we woulda run rings round dem... ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: December 07, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »
Steups. Just because a man tell you not to use Google doh mean you had to listen.

Nice way tuh try and be selective with the definitions...

–noun

1. strong dislike or enmity; hostile attitude; animosity.
2. purpose; intention; animating spirit.
3. (in the psychology of C. G. Jung) the masculine principle, esp. as present in women (contrasted with anima ).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/animus

Now since you accused me of 'hating'... and sought to back that up by accusing me of having 'animus' let's use your words and see which is the best fit:

Yes. Let's pretend your 'objective' evaluation is totally devoid of purpose.
Yes. Let's pretend your 'objective' evaluation is totally devoid of strong dislike.
Yes. Let's pretend your 'objective' evaluation is totally devoid of the masculine principle.

Which of the bolded is most akin to 'hating'?  Righto.

Keep them silly-ass mind tricks fuh people down on your evolutionary level fella, you ent ready yet...still have a couple eons to go.

Whether it's because of your dislike for Keane, or because you're tweaked by bandwagon Trini fans, you're being disingenuous by pretending your comments are totally objective. You feel some kinda way. Somebody who really doh care doh constantly chook their mouth in.

Also... you ain't prove nothing. Remember this debate started with comparisons to TT v Sweden.

I think you need to start taking yuh Chimpo Biloba and yuh Apeseng because cleary yuh memory fading.

The debate started with a comparison to TnT (at the WC 2006)... there was no mention of Sweden whatsoever.

If it was trinidad playing ppl woulda be breaking on theyself
Didn't hide it in the World Cup either. I ain't see nobody call that 'embarassing' though.

Trinidad musta played Sweden three times at the World Cup.  

There is no way you compare that shit side yesterday (hustle or no hustle) to Trinidad's collective performance at the WC.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:26:27 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 07, 2008, 08:40:53 PM »

Nice way tuh try and be selective with the definitions...

Ahm... yes. That's what people do when a word has several meanings.

Just like you selectively ignored the ones I supplied and based the rest of your hot gas on the ones you felt like.

Talk some more. Show how much you don't care.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 09, 2008, 10:10:54 AM »
I ent too sure what was worse this week...taking talk from the newcastle supporter in the office or taking talk from mih mother because of the grenada result...

I real sorry to hear this news.He was probably not more than an average EPL coach, and I think he get scared after the near escape of last year/ or let the backroom pressure get to him and went and splurge on a whole new team without realising how difficult it was going to be for them fellas to gel but I like the scene Keane was on.

Is funny how men who never had one smelly fart to give about Sunderland suddenly finding thing to say.

Anyway we will see how it unfold ...and we go see exactly how much time Yorke and Carlos getting when the new manager come in.

I eh know? Somewhere between harsh and premature? ... Decided to have a look based on my view of the man's actual peer group ... bolded below.

You misread my post.

I wasn't knocking Keane. I don't think he was a bad EPL coach, and above average EPL coaches are few and far between (Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Keegan (?) are probably the only 3 i could nthink of in recent history) So he was MOST PROBABLY an average EPL coach...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »
They should not feel bad they on d same pts as Tottenham
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: December 09, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
They should not feel bad they on d same pts as Tottenham

not anymore...Tottenham beat West Ham 2-0 yesterday...
they on a roll right now with Redknapp at the helm

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: December 09, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
Well I was watchin d standings posted in d thread could 4 dem. They give me much joy in meh days on a sat mornin. So always have a lil soft spot 4 dem
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 17, 2008, 02:21:42 AM »
British clubs must stop falling for ex factor

Tony Cascarino
The Times
December 17, 2008

Chairmen in England are taken in by fame. In Europe, what matters most is a coach’s qualifications and CV. Want a job in this country? It’s about who your friends are and how good a player you were. Look at Roy Keane, Gareth Southgate, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Paul Ince, to name a few who moved swiftly from pitch to dugout.

They have managed with varying degrees of success, but all have this in common: when they were appointed, their clubs knew all about the calibre of player they were, but could only guess at the quality of manager they might become.

When Niall Quinn was looking for someone to take charge of Sunderland in 2006, he said he wanted a world-class manager. He appointed a world-class player: Keane, who had never managed before. That kind of thinking is not unusual.

It is far too easy to become a manager in this country — part of a general lack of respect for coaching badges and experience that you do not see on the Continent, where sound theoretical knowledge is expected, even at small clubs. Only in the past few years have courses been taken more seriously, but there is still a way to go.

There remains a laziness among former players that is absent in other European leagues. Too often the attitude is: ‘Why should I study the game? I played it for 20 years.’
And as long as clubs are prepared to take a punt on rookies, the incentive to spend years training as a coach is not there. Despite the complaints of the League Managers Association, clubs continue to employ untested managers with few qualifications who have often been fast-tracked through their courses.

But lots of former players do not realise how hard the job is. During their playing careers, it never occurred to them that managers work 24/7 and need a broad range of skills. While chairmen may be awestruck in the presence of a once great player, respect for the reputation of a new manager doesn’t last more than a few minutes in the dressing-room.

You only have to look at the Barclays Premier League table to know there is a problem with the career development of British managers because Sir Alex Ferguson is the only one in charge of a “big four” club, and that is not about to change. No home-grown manager was deemed good enough to replace Steve McClaren for England. At the very highest level, chairmen look abroad.

Learning on the job is a tall order because it is so demanding and there is such pressure for instant success. It was not a surprise that Ince looked out of his depth at Blackburn Rovers, up against shrewd veterans most weeks. Anyone can fail — look at Phil Brown at Derby County before he joined Hull City. But Ince never appeared to have an overall vision at Blackburn. They never seemed to have an identity or unity as they did under Mark Hughes. Tactics were not right — contrast the way Blackburn lost tamely to Chelsea at home with how West Ham United’s game plan secured them a point at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

But then it’s not Ince’s fault, he is in a system where it’s too simple for inexperienced managers to get high-level positions. Ince will feel he deserved more time, but 17 league games is plenty and on the Continent, where chairmen are more ruthless, he would have been replaced sooner. Now he can go away, analyse what went wrong and resolve to come back wiser at a smaller club.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Sunderland v Villa
« Reply #2272 on: January 17, 2009, 02:22:06 AM »
Off out early today so no team news sorry.

Its on a couple of Channels so should be able to get a link that works for those interested.

Possible Video Links

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=28589&part=sports

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-2409.html

http://the-success.blogspot.com/

Audio Link
http://mfile.akamai.com/6095/live/reflector:35549.asx?bkup=35550
(Sorry about the wrong link last week, but its the same link every week)

Malbranque will be a miss, would be happy with a draw.

KJ put himself about a bit a lot more like his old self last week as he is probably getting as near as damn it 100%.  Hope all the speculation inspires one of his unplayable performances today.  O'Neill was asked about him in his prematch conference and he changed the subject quickly so it looked to me anyway he is interested in Kenwyne.  Given his style is totally different to Redknapp I would of thought he has watched the response and will either put in a quiet bid or leave it to the summer.

Today really shows how tight the league is a win possibly in the top 10 a loss possibly in relegation zone, strange season by anyones standards.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Villa
« Reply #2273 on: January 17, 2009, 08:39:14 AM »
what time this gaming starting US time
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: January 17, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

Game showing well w/2nd link, Carlos delivered a free kick which Collins headed in, Sunderland up 1-0
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: January 17, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »

Game showing well w/2nd link, Carlos delivered a free kick which Collins headed in, Sunderland up 1-0

Carlos + cross = Goal!!!  :devil:

yuh sure  :P

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: January 17, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »
wait nuh.. i seeing right?

is a regulation trim Cisse sporting there?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:30 AM »

Carlos + cross = Goal!!!  :devil:

yuh sure  :P

Actually, of the little opportunities Carlos had to deliver crosses they were all on point and of course one leading to the goal
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:56 AM »
well done by edwards. happy for him
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally