March 28, 2024, 07:01:55 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603017 times)

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Villa
« Reply #2310 on: January 18, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »
Sunderland seems to be blighted by officials and woodwork

truetrini

« Reply #2311 on: January 18, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »
Well I just got back in and left scratching my head a bit.

I thought we played well despite Richardson missing unexpectantly, the tempo was better didn't give them anytime and really controlled the game 1st half and should of put it to bed.

Their 1st goal was handball, but Collins had concussion ( I think) and had gone missing ( not his fault really) for the cross.

Their 2nd goal the guy looked offside to start with to me and there is no way the ref could see if that was in the area or not from where he was, tbh I couldn't tell from where I was sitting.

Interestly the ref Dean and 1 linesman was the same as the West Ham match where they managed to miss to headlock on Kenwyne stone wall penalty and the Cisse foul debatable penalty sending off.  Thats not the only occasions Dean has got important decisions wrong against us lately either. 

Should of really had the game tied down Cisse missed a fairly easy header and KJ did all the hard stuff and ended it with a poor shot.  I don't think either of them played particuarly well today.  I thought Carlos had a good game and his confidence seem to return the longer he was on the pitch.  Losing both Collins and Nosworthy had a big impact as we had to put McShane in at CH and Bardsley at LB when he is a RB.  Don't think we really deserve to lose that, but thats the way it goes.
Not a mention on how Calos played or Jonesy?

Still feel you want Crouch or Bent for Jones?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: January 18, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
Sunderland seems to be plagued by bad decisions since last season. ???

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: January 18, 2009, 07:39:19 PM »
Sunderland seems to be plagued by bad decisions since last season. ???

They should ask Man United how they does get all them added on time and call for dives.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: January 18, 2009, 07:45:07 PM »
Now watch the highlights. Milner goal for the equalizer looked like handball..but to be honest, he was clear on goal and Chimbonda trip him. Or else he was tapping that in easy. Sunderland lucky ref didn't call Chmibonda for the trip on the last man (Dat would be straight red card)...and Sunders down to 10 men for a good chunk of the 2nd half.

2nd goal..same linesman..Agbonlahor was def...offside.

Game should probably be 1-1 if refs got the calls right.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: January 19, 2009, 01:51:23 AM »

I thought we played well despite Richardson missing unexpectantly, the tempo was better didn't give them anytime and really controlled the game 1st half and should of put it to bed.

Their 1st goal was handball, but Collins had concussion ( I think) and had gone missing ( not his fault really) for the cross.

Their 2nd goal the guy looked offside to start with to me and there is no way the ref could see if that was in the area or not from where he was, tbh I couldn't tell from where I was sitting.

Interestly the ref Dean and 1 linesman was the same as the West Ham match where they managed to miss to headlock on Kenwyne stone wall penalty and the Cisse foul debatable penalty sending off.  Thats not the only occasions Dean has got important decisions wrong against us lately either. 

Should of really had the game tied down Cisse missed a fairly easy header and KJ did all the hard stuff and ended it with a poor shot.  I don't think either of them played particuarly well today.  I thought Carlos had a good game and his confidence seem to return the longer he was on the pitch.  Losing both Collins and Nosworthy had a big impact as we had to put McShane in at CH and Bardsley at LB when he is a RB.  Don't think we really deserve to lose that, but thats the way it goes.

Did you even read the post, I think it mentions both ::), or are you just going to chew on me at every opportunity, feel free I have a thick skin, you will get bored before I do.

See other thread for my response to you re Crouch & Bent

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=41358.0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:56:59 AM by kev »

truetrini

« Reply #2316 on: January 19, 2009, 08:34:30 AM »

Did you even read the post, I think it mentions both ::), or are you just going to chew on me at every opportunity, feel free I have a thick skin, you will get bored before I do.

Guy 9 out of 10 of your posts last year stated that KJ played poorly, he cant run at the defense..blah blah blah.  One time you stated that pundits OFTEN referred to him as great one day and as ordinary as a pub player other games.  I challenged you then to show me in print ONE article veryfing what you stated...still throw out that challenge today!

Carlos has not been spared your harshness either, although in fairness you have on ocassion ststed that he was coming back from injury, you still stated on more than one occassion that he may not be back..etc.

yuh too f**king critical of MY trini players.

One time yuh say that KJ had a bad game but still cored and you will take that, but he was voted man of the match on BBC and on the supporters website.

wha is dat one?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: January 19, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »

Guy 9 out of 10 of your posts last year stated that KJ played poorly, he cant run at the defense..blah blah blah.  One time you stated that pundits OFTEN referred to him as great one day and as ordinary as a pub player other games.  I challenged you then to show me in print ONE article veryfing what you stated...still throw out that challenge today!

Carlos has not been spared your harshness either, although in fairness you have on ocassion ststed that he was coming back from injury, you still stated on more than one occassion that he may not be back..etc.

One time yuh say that KJ had a bad game but still cored and you will take that, but he was voted man of the match on BBC and on the supporters website.

wha is dat one?

Ah the poor bairn, it seems you can't count aswell as read, stop digging or get a bigger spade.

The only time I had a go at Kenwyne was late last year after he disapeared for the season from pre Liverpool onwards, even then I admitted he looked tired and jaded, but yes you will find posts which say he didn't play well.  I have got news for you he didn't in the games I said he didn't, the same as I have said the tactics were wrong, we can't defend for shit, its my view, my opinion and usually not far off the mark, or reality if you like.  You will do very well to find much critical about Carlos or Yorke without referring to either Carlos's injury / mental state or Yorke's age or pressing other teams. 

The silly sods at sunderland voted Collins player of the year, doesn't mean he was if you know what you are looking at does it. 

Your just making yourself look silly know, do yourself a favour and quit while your behind.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:10:39 AM by kev »

truetrini

« Reply #2318 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »
the whole team was playing shit, yet you found time to single out KJ?

man stop while you fool some here. I see yuh shit for what it is.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2319 on: January 19, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »
Nobody here cares to hear what he thinks about Grant Leadbitter or Whitehead. Common sense would tell you that he gives extra detail on the players of interest to us.

truetrini

« Reply #2320 on: January 19, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
Nobody here cares to hear what he thinks about Grant Leadbitter or Whitehead. Common sense would tell you that he gives extra detail on the players of interest to us.

please he talks about the entire team...keep out, mind yuh own business, when I want to talk to you I will call you/

what de f**k you know about common sense?

one minute is de whole team now he talks about now is jes de players dat intereste we?

steups

when I want you opinion I will give it to you..until den lay dey and wait!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 19, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »

please he talks about the entire team...keep out, mind yuh own business, when I want to talk to you I will call you/

one minute is de whole team now he talks about now is jes de players dat intereste we?

steups

I missed the part where you issued me a password for this site.

And your reading comprehension is poor.

truetrini

« Reply #2322 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »

steups

I is ah 7 th standard dunce,,,now go wait by yuh dish for my call...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:31 AM »

wha is dat one?

hoss, u need to calm down a sec...kev is poster i respect bcuz he tells it like it is, when he believed Kenwyne played poorly, he said so and when he had a great game he did the same.
And there have been games wen Kenwyne played badly and scored, so what if BBC voted him player of the game? That is his opinion.
Kev is actually quite amicable towards our players.
He's been kinder to Carlos than Palos and other posters on this board he's one of the few who does not come down on Carlos for crossing.

The post where he stated KJ was bad one day, great the other and carlos and yorke should be pub team players was made sarcastically basically bcuz of people like u trinity cross coming down on him for speaking his mind about his players. UNLIKE you, he's been following Sunderland the team  for far longer and actually sees the team play LIVE from the stadium so he relate what team does well and doesn't alot more than you sir...

My two cents...

truetrini

« Reply #2324 on: January 19, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »

wha is dat one?

hoss, u need to calm down a sec...kev is poster i respect bcuz he tells it like it is, when he believed Kenwyne played poorly, he said so and when he had a great game he did the same.
And there have been games wen Kenwyne played badly and scored, so what if BBC voted him player of the game? That is his opinion.
He's been kinder to Carlos than Palos and other posters on this board he's one of the few who does not come down on Carlos for crossing.

The post where he stated KJ was bad one day, great the other and carlos and yorke should be pub team players was made sarcastically basically bcuz of people like u trinity cross coming down on him for speaking his mind about his players. UNLIKE you, he's been following Sunderland the team  for far longer and actually sees the team play LIVE from the stadium so he relate what team does well and doesn't alot more than you sir...

My two cents...

NONSENSE!

No sacarsm at all.  De man say Sky Sports say that about Jones...steups.

The same game he say Jones play shit he get Man of the match form other Sunderland supporters, allyuh drink dat English cool aid.
he talking shit!

I eh care wha you say.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: January 19, 2009, 09:59:09 AM »

steups

I is ah 7 th standard dunce,,,now go wait by yuh dish for my call...
Well your level of discourse is primary school standard for sure. So I'll take this confession as child-like honesty.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:01:46 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 19, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »

wha is dat one?

My two cents...

NONSENSE!

No sacarsm at all.  De man say Sky Sports say that about Jones...steups.

The same game he say Jones play shit he get Man of the match form other Sunderland supporters, allyuh drink dat English cool aid.
he talking shit!

I eh care wha you say.

Still wittering on I see.

So what don't you like about it, first I admit I can't remember the exact game but I doubt severely it was said in the same week as he was voted MOTM.

Now last season as I said on that thread Sky Sports have a Saturday Show and a pundit/s (fairly sure it was Paul Merson for one) said on more than 1 occasion that Jones can look like be a world beater in some games and a pub team player in others.  Now is the fact you don't like that it was said by the pundit/s or the fact I used it in a thread, if you are inferring it wasn't said you are sadly mistaken. 

Now just to get thinks straight try and find anything where I have said Kenwyne is like a pub team player or ripped him to bits on a performance, most of my remarks tend to be played well, didn't play well or played poorly, now if you think there hasn't been occasions when I could of ripped into him for a performance your again living in cloud cuckoo land, but personally don't see the point as everybody has poor games.  You will find that I have said he needs to improve his 1st touch, movement and shooting because to be the player some on here mistakenly already think he is he needs to.  I am not going to repeat myself anymore because this will is becoming tedious for other people on the board and is unnecessary.

You just keep on digging, there's a good little boy

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Sunderland V Fulham
« Reply #2328 on: January 25, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »
delayed on fsc @5pm on tuesday.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland V Fulham
« Reply #2329 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:19 AM »
delayed on fsc @5pm on tuesday.
Fulham could do what they want to delay the inevitable :devil:
cutarse in store for them :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: January 26, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »
Premier League Preview: Sunderland - Fulham
What: Barclays Premier League
Who: Sunderland (15th – 23 points) V Fulham (10th – 26 points)
When: Tuesday 27th January 2009 – 19:45 (local time)
Where: Stadium Of Light, Sunderland.

Ricky Sbragia did an impressive job as Sunderland’s caretaker manager following the resignation of Roy Keane, although things have taken a slight downturn since he penned an 18-month deal to become the Black Cats’ permanent manager.

Fans have not turned against Sbragia, besides, he has only had five games in full charge, but the Scot will be determined to pick up a victory over Fulham, having only won one of five games in all competitions, and picking up just one Premier League point from a possible nine since securing the job.

Things have been pretty quiet on the transfer front, at least in terms of players who could be inwards bound. Sbragia has confirmed he has made enquiries over four defenders, one mentioned regularly being Hearts captain Christophe Berra.

Pascal Chimbonda has returned to Tottenham Hotspur, but the main focus between now and the end of the transfer window will be ensuring that striker Kenwyne Jones does not follow the Frenchman to White Hart Lane.

Jones has held talks with the Sunderland hierarchy and is said to be happy to stay at the Stadium of Light, but as yet, Spurs have not turned their attentions elsewhere.

The struggles since Sbragia’s permanent appointment mean that the Black Cats are only two points clear of the bottom three, although alternatively they are the same margin away from eleventh spot, such is the closeness of the league’s bottom half.

Results will have to come soon if Sunderland want to avoid a relegation scrap, and there is no better place to start than against Fulham on Tuesday night.

A Great First Half

Fulham have had a great first half of the season and will now be looking to kick on to ensure their hard work is not put to waste.

Reviewing their progress so far, the Cottagers sit in the top half in the Premier League table, and are into the last-16 of the FA Cup - a stable campaign for a side who left it so late to avoid relegation to the Championship last year.

They sold key midfielder Jimmy Bullard to Hull City last week, which raised questions from some quarters, although on paper, £5 million for a player the wrong side of 30, who has had long-term injury problems in the past, does not look like bad business. It remains to be seen who manager Roy Hodgson has in mind to replace him.

Traditionally, Fulham are very strong at home, and hardly ever win on their travels. The club have upheld that reputation this year, having lost only one out of ten matches at home, and failing to win in their ten fixtures away from Craven Cottage.

This year, though, they have made themselves harder to beat on the road, securing five draws, mostly goalless, including against the likes of Liverpool and Aston Villa. But the fact just three goals have been scored in those ten matches will surely concern Hodgson.

Fulham currently sit with two games in hand on their rivals, and will be hopeful of a strong second half to their campaign – and will have their sights set on improving their away form, starting with this fixture on Tuesday.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sunderland – Kenwyne Jones

A large number of column inches have been designated to Tottenham Hotspur’s pursuit of Kenwyne Jones, a player Sunderland are determined to keep. The Trinidad & Tobago international striker has the opportunity to add to his valuation in this game, and could well take the opportunity to prove exactly what all the fuss is about.

Fulham – Mark Schwarzer

Fulham don’t tend to score many goals away from home, so if they are to return to west London with anything from their trip to Sunderland, ever-present goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer will have to be on top of his game. The Cottagers have conceded an average of less than a goal a game this season, and will be keen to keep that record going.

FORM GUIDE

Sunderland

Jan 24 Sunderland 0-0 Blackburn Rovers (FA Cup)
Jan 17 Sunderland 1-2 Aston Villa (Premier League)
Jan 10 Middlesbrough 1-1 Sunderland (Premier League)
Jan 03 Sunderland 2-1 Bolton Wanderers (FA Cup)
Dec 28 Everton 3-0 Sunderland (Premier League)

Fulham

Jan 24 Kettering 2-4 Fulham (FA Cup)
Jan 18 West Ham 3-1 Fulham (Premier League)
Jan 03 Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Fulham (FA Cup)
Dec 28 Fulham 2-2 Chelsea (Premier League)
Dec 26 Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 Fulham (Premier League)

TEAM NEWS

Sunderland

First-choice strike duo Kenwyne Jones and Djibril Cisse are expected to return to the starting line-up for Sunderland after an FA Cup rest against Blackburn Rovers. Kieran Richardson is a doubt with an ankle problem, although Teemu Tainio returns from suspension for the game.

Previous XI (0-0 Home V Sunderland): Fulop, Chimbonda, Ferdinand, Collins, Bardsley, Edwards, Leadbitter, Malbranque, Reid, Healy, Chopra.

Fulham

Bobby Zamora is expected to return to the Fulham starting XI for the trip north after receiving a rest against Kettering in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Andranik Teymourian is getting closer to a return following a knee injury, but this game is likely to come slightly too soon for him.

Previous XI (4-2 Away V Kettering): Schwarzer, Stoor, Hangeland, Hughes, Konchesky, Davies, Andreasen, Etuhu, Gera, Johnson, Dempsey.

PREDICTION

Sunderland will be determined to pick up a Premier League victory to get themselves back up the table after a slow couple of weeks, and will certainly see this game as a winnable fixture.

Fulham have had a super season so far, although they continue to struggle away from home and will set-up to be hard to beat at the Stadium of Light.

I don’t expect to see too many goals here, one could be enough, and I think Ricky Sbragia’s men will be the team to get the three points.

Sunderland 1-0 Fulham

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: January 26, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »
That other one play for Man United for so long and eh learn to manage.....that's not right. I hope Giggs do better.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: January 27, 2009, 12:01:09 PM »
hopefully villa will beat portsmouth and stoke and spurs will draw.and ofcourse manchester will put ah drubbin on wba

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: January 27, 2009, 01:51:55 PM »
game just start people

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
game just start people
Thanks man
how de westcoast treatin ya dese days?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #2337 on: January 27, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »
I need a Chinese translator to follow up some of those links.
I know yesterday was Chinese New Year and all .. but all I know is Ching Chong Maka Hiyo.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: January 27, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »
none of dem links workin....
anybody have anything else???

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile