April 24, 2024, 12:52:25 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 607237 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones vs Man Utd
« Reply #2460 on: April 10, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
interesting as to fergies team selection given that they have an all important game on wednesday and..... they are not in the driver's seat.

sunderland may come thusty as relegation beckoning and jones may feel he needs to silence some nay sayers. this may be a manu rout or sunderland hanging onto the ropes 4 dear life. only time will tell.

rest 1 on them jones.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

giggsy11

« Reply #2461 on: April 10, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
If Kenwyne was not Trinidadian more people than not, would have callin him overated! Which he is! He needs tuh change positions tuh a more defensive role if he dos not plan on improving the skills necessary to produce as a forward. Who vex, vex!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 10, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »
man u winnin 4-1 KJ to score. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 10, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
If Kenwyne was not Trinidadian more people than not, would have callin him overated! Which he is! He needs tuh change positions tuh a more defensive role if he dos not plan on improving the skills necessary to produce as a forward. Who vex, vex!

Well said...d man now learning tuh play forward at soca warriors expense...man u 2 - sun 0

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 10, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »

Been saying that for a while. He not seeming any more like a true forward after a few years. strength and size could only carry yuh so far. Maybe defensive midfield to brutalize and command some fear?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 10, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
i actually think he in his best position. he alot 2 do still but i thin khe is in the right position
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 10, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Kenwyne ever make any comments recently about his lack of form of late? Surely Sunderland news reporters would have interviewed him about this....Oddly enough I think the decline started soon after he signed his new 4 year contract.  He scored a goal in the game right after signing and after that is SALT!!!

Right now this youngster's confidence must be down in the dumps....but he have to realize that these clubs are businesses and if yuh not producing the goods yuh will lose yuh wuk in short time....He should be working harder than most on the training pitch trying to perfect his skills as a striker.  Most of his goals were headers and lots of times they weren't that spectacular.  De man have to get more ruthless in front of goal....I remember he used to run at defenders at the youth level...where dat gone?  Have the English managers changed his game that much that he lost all skill and now only know how to head de ball?  It reach to the point where he not even trappin de ball properly... like he forget how to use he foot.

I always support my soca warrior players....so I hope he can improve his performances starting with this game against Man U tomorrow. If however he has another bad game and his form for the rest of the season is poor....he has to hope that Sunderland does not get relegated, so that way he can work hard on his deficiencies over the summer....bcz I'm pretty sure if they remain in the premiership they are probably going to make a few buys over the summer...Strikers are definitely going to be top priority!!!

Good luck tomorrow to Kenwyne and Carlos!!! Hopefully Dwight can at least be on the bench and run out for a few minutes as well!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Sunderland v Manu
« Reply #2467 on: April 11, 2009, 02:38:33 AM »
Ah well what can I say, but pray for a surprise.

Sbragia has been his usual negative self this week and dwight has suggested in the papers he plays him, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see him in the team.  The players seem to be running the club at the minute.  Only at Sunderland.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news-tainio-returns.html

George McCartney (calf) is ruled out of Sunderland's game against Manchester United while David Healy (groin) and Dean Whitehead (calf) are unlikely to feature.

Nyron Nosworthy is back in the squad after recovering from a hamstring injury and Teemu Tainio returns from a knee problem.

Loan defender Calum Davenport, who was ineligible to play against parent club West Ham last weekend, is available.

Carlos Edwards is pushing for a start and Kenwyne Jones is likely to return to Sunderland's line-up.

Sunderland (from): Gordon, Fulop, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Nosworthy, Ben-Haim, Davenport, Collins, McShane, Tainio, Whitehead, Leadbitter, Yorke, Edwards, Malbranque, Richardson, Reid, Jones, Cisse, Murphy, Healy.

As it is Manu there are quite a few foriegn sat channels carrying it so there should be no problems finding a working link.

As always not confirmed so if they don't work, my apologies.

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-6160.html

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=35320&part=sports
http://www.justin.tv/manutdpeople
http://www.justin.tv/stdreamer

Hope everybody has a good easter, don't eat too many chocolate eggs ;D

Edit

Sorry just notices KJ v Manu thread, please feel free to move this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:40:11 AM by kev »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:29 AM »
I remember he used to run at defenders at the youth level...where dat gone? 

Kinda hard to do as a Centre Back?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Manu
« Reply #2469 on: April 11, 2009, 06:21:36 AM »
what time this starting ?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 11, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
what time this starting ?

10am on Setanta

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 11, 2009, 06:25:22 AM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 11, 2009, 06:42:18 AM »
KJ have a lot of potential in that position. He needs to learn the position better, based on his abilities. What KJ has not had is the coaching to develop those qualities. If KJ was at a club like Ajax, PSV, Arsenal, Hamburg, ManU etc you would see more balance and development in his play.

Lets face it it eh go happen at Sunderland.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 11, 2009, 06:49:12 AM »
personally, i believe if Sunderland get demoted, it won't be that bad for T&T.

History has shown us that we have achieved more when the majority of our players were not playing at the top level (1989 and 2005).

When we had men starring for Man U every week, and first choice keeper for Portsmouth/Newcastle or even Stern at Birmingham, they were vast underachievers in national colours.
I dont know if there was added tension in the team as these men would have seemed to be on a totally different superstar level.
When men was fighting up in Championship and First Division (Stern, Birchall, Lawrence, Sancho, Edwards etc etc) we did better.

To me the real benefit of the premiership was seeing our players week in, week out on tv, agasint some of the best in the world. But this week-in week-out against the best in the world it seemed never really helped T&T at the time.

Plus i always find is like more drame to get players released when they in Premiership.....

Good for sunderland = bad for T&T

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2474 on: April 11, 2009, 07:13:09 AM »
I remember he used to run at defenders at the youth level...where dat gone? 

Kinda hard to do as a Centre Back?
I don't know about youth level, but at Southampton he wasn't just scoring headers and leaping all over the place. They had a passing game. They played the ball on the ground and to Kenwyne's feet. He ran at defenders more regularly. Granted his touch was never great but his footwork was decent and his shooting was much better than it is now. It's almost like Sunderland are "playing to his strength in the air" so much that he's out of practice using his feet now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:45:33 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: April 11, 2009, 07:36:10 AM »

A good performance vs man U could also see Fergie paying closer tabs, as Man u have a habit of snapping up players who do well against them in the premiership.

Get real.

No way would Man Utd buy a striker with such poor foot skills.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 11, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »

A good performance vs man U could also see Fergie paying closer tabs, as Man u have a habit of snapping up players who do well against them in the premiership.

Get real.

No way would Man Utd buy a striker with such poor foot skills.

Whey de F&*K you come out from ???

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 11, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »
Edwards and Jones starting, Yorkie on the bench!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 11, 2009, 07:55:11 AM »
Wow...Carlos might really be back to top form he starting and Richardson not even on the bench...hopefully we see Dwight come on today. ;)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2479 on: April 11, 2009, 08:03:40 AM »
Wow...Carlos might really be back to top form he starting and Richardson not even on the bench...hopefully we see Dwight come on today. ;)
Richardson injured apparently. And Malbranque has been shit recently. So hopefully Carlos can grab this chance.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: April 11, 2009, 08:11:59 AM »
So far the game plan for Sunderland seems to be have the keeper play it long and then pass it back down the field to the keeper, who plays it long again. Man U just waiting for the errant pass.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: April 11, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
KJ touch let him down there in a good position.
Better nex time.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: April 11, 2009, 08:21:54 AM »
Goal #1
Scholes with the header
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: April 11, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »
woodup

goal :(
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: April 11, 2009, 08:22:52 AM »
boom boom , goal
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: April 11, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
That header went into the V!
Short men scorin headers against Sunderland lol.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: April 11, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »
its easy when defenders marking grass instead of players. but timing has a lot to do with headers

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: April 11, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »
any links workin

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: April 11, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>