March 28, 2024, 10:48:59 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603045 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #2880 on: January 16, 2010, 09:47:06 AM »
to be fair, they are playing a very, very big team.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: January 16, 2010, 09:48:12 AM »
Not surprised tbh.

CM at CH
A midfield of 2 kids playing CM's 1 isn't a CM (Henderson) the other (Meyler) its his 3rd game or so and sitting either side Malbranque & Murphy who can't tackle in Malbranques case and won't in Murphy's.
Bardsley getting no help from Malbranque and McCartney has been awful all season and most of last paired with Murphy on teh other side.
On the bench Zenden a keeper and another bunch of kids so no change there.
You might get away with it at a middle/bottom half side you are never going to get away with it at Chelsea,Arsenal Manu etc

As I said on the Kenwyne thread Bruce is looking increasing desperate.  Supposed to be sign Cabanas over the weekend, cannot for the life of me understand why we haven't already signed FB and CH.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: January 16, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
Sunderland doh look like they gone score today, might be a 7-0 thrashing jeez and thats if chelsea feel sorry for them. I just wish KJ could score some damn goals all this talk bout inconsistency tired of it.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: January 16, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
This is the biggest gulf in quality between two teams that i have seen in a really long time.

Sunderland defensively are absolutely woeful
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2884 on: January 16, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »
All those "shit" squad players the fans were eager to get rid of would certainly have come in handy on days like this. I'd certainly prefer a Collins or Higginbotham in defence to Cana. And I'm positive Whitehead or Leadbitter would be offering more in the middle than Meyler.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: January 16, 2010, 10:01:52 AM »
regardless of whoever he playing for, if Jones going to play that position, and going to track 50/50 passes, the coach better teach him how to defend himself during the course of play, cause it seems like he don't know how....No defenders should be getting away with repeatedly bouncing your man of the ball , without thinking twice if he should take the chance and step in close....I thought he would be there by now.....and kev, based on what you said above, and what I observed previously, I know Bruce is a poor manager(don't know how to pick- proved with SJ), but like he can't coach/teach either..

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: January 16, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »
well he eh get a goal but a assist go do for now.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: January 16, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »
Sunderland's goal is a prime example of what Kenwyne can give you if it had men who could put the government ball where it need to be put...

Bent eh exactly acquitting heself in this game either..

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: January 16, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
So....6-1, crap....anyhow, if you know that this team is missing some key players why not play a 4-5-1: at least the 2 youths who starting in mid-field would have got some cover....at least!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2889 on: January 16, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
So....6-1, crap....anyhow, if you know that this team is missing some key players why not play a 4-5-1: at least the 2 youths who starting in mid-field would have got some cover....at least!!
Zenden should've been on from the start. He might not have the legs anymore, but he could've most likely played the role Dwight used to. Me eh no EPL manager, though.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: January 16, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »
7 goals to 2....one commentator said this does not look like a Premier League score line..
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: January 16, 2010, 10:54:10 AM »
Sunderland's goal is a prime example of what Kenwyne can give you if it had men who could put the government ball where it need to be put...

Bent eh exactly acquitting heself in this game either..
Bent still get a goal he just be at the right spots.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: January 16, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
More Importantly...

This team is now 5 points from relegation...

a far cry from early in the season when things was moving smooth, 4 place was not impossible and the Europe talk was continously popping up..

food for taught
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: January 16, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »
Lucky to get away with that scoreline today.

Felt sorry for the young kid Meyler in particular, shouldn't of been put in that position so early in his career against those players with the players around him, I hoped he learned a lot today.

maxg if you look back I called the Bruce appointment uninspired I think he is an average manager tbh, Kenwyne has for the last year just stood and let players jump all over him, I don't understand it myself tbh.  I have been critical of Bruce, we are racked with injuries and never stood a chance but he got it wrong again today (not the 1st time) given the players he had available and who the opposition was as soon as I seen the team I could see nothing more than a good old tonking coming.   Bruce choose to sell players which I didn't have a problem with tbh, I did however have big concerns about not brining in replacements, but what do I know I am not a qualified coach.  Even with teh players back from injury there are only a couple I would keep in the team tbh.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: January 16, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »
Lucky to get away with that scoreline today.

Felt sorry for the young kid Meyler in particular, shouldn't of been put in that position so early in his career against those players with the players around him, I hoped he learned a lot today.

maxg if you look back I called the Bruce appointment uninspired I think he is an average manager tbh, Kenwyne has for the last year just stood and let players jump all over him, I don't understand it myself tbh.  I have been critical of Bruce, we are racked with injuries and never stood a chance but he got it wrong again today (not the 1st time) given the players he had available and who the opposition was as soon as I seen the team I could see nothing more than a good old tonking coming.   Bruce choose to sell players which I didn't have a problem with tbh, I did however have big concerns about not brining in replacements, but what do I know I am not a qualified coach.  Even with teh players back from injury there are only a couple I would keep in the team tbh.
you put it to nicely, Bruce is ah rank shithong, take it from one who didn't even like him as a player, doh he was a better player than a manager, yet those playing days, I was dreaming to get a chance to go against him and prove, and got hurt just before I did...As a manager, ah say ok, new leaf, give a chance, but is when he start bouncing my players is when I really started watching him, and now, I'm certain, is not like it's the 1st time we playing Chelsea, is not like no one else has shown where the defiencies are repeatedly over the last couple weeks, so what he do...somehow, he manage to further weaken those areas...on KJ - since with Keene, KJ is getting the same service, losing the same balls, getting the same shots, and scoring the same goals, others teams recognize and adjusted....and Bruce have the man, still making the same runs, feeding at the same trough, and the predators keep eating him up at the same waterhole, week in, week out...next week, same service, same runs, same defensive strategy,same offensive startegy, wheter is ManU or Bolton, Sunderland playing,  no matter who Bruce pick...well it doh have enuff Beach balls on the field to help Sunderland win.....The man is, like quite a few others,using his ManU rep to get management job, posturing right, talking a good game, as many players, fans and both dotish and knowledable ppl do, the difference is the knowledgable learn and adjust to achieve and maintain successes, the dotish(or mad) continue with the same behavior....meanwhile everyone saying nah, it cyah be he, he was a big no nonsense this, and take no prisoners that...it must be them guys who not listening to him....For KJs' sake I wish Quinn trades him, and I hope you as a fan stay with socawarriors.net too...yet the sooner KJ move away from Bruce(observed after that SJ fiasco), the better my nerves....ok ah don rant , sorry...i'm ok now  :devil:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: January 17, 2010, 09:01:43 AM »
Niall Quinn was on Goals on Sunday this morning.

Basically he is sure the club will finish top half of EPL, in my view only with 3/4 additions.

Interestly on the Turner ban the club recieved the refs assessors report the same day as the hearing, the report said the challenge meritted a yellow card and not a red, yet still got an extra match for a "frilivous appeal" he was far from happy about it. 

I'm not drunk enough to understand how the FA works. ???

Being linked with an Eyptian and still Cabanas, he said if any players that are wanted the club will do everything to help out.  For those that don't know about Quinny he tends to be a very much glass is full kind of man even when there is only a sip left, so it has to be taken in that context as he always puts a positive spin on everything.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: January 20, 2010, 09:32:46 AM »
Sunderland are awful. I was beginning to think it was KJ not producing but he gets zero service. He's wasting on that club. Come on Rafa, snap him up to save your ass!
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:03 AM »
Sunderland are awful. I was beginning to think it was KJ not producing but he gets zero service. He's wasting on that club. Come on Rafa, snap him up to save your ass!

Take it you don't watch the games, let me guess plastic manc

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:49 PM »

I Watch them whenever theyre on tv, and always catch motd.
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »

Ooh 3 times a season and the whole 15 seconds on MOTD, must be a good judge

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: January 22, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »

Bit of an exaggeration there huh? Anyway, Ive seen enough games to know they are a shit side with no defense and little support to the forwards.
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: January 25, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »
Sunderland target reportedly shot in the head.
Goal.com

Paraguayan International Salvador Cabanas Shot In Mexico City

According to several reports from Mexico, Paraguayan international Salvador Cabanas has been shot in the head after visiting a bar in Mexico City with some of his friends and relatives.

The incident reportedly took place at 5.30 PM local time. Cabanas got involved in a bar-fight which eventually culminated in a shoot-out in the bathroom area of the bar.

The 29-year-old was immediately rushed to Los Angeles hospital by ambulance. It is not yet known how serious the injuries are, but the report suggests that Cabanas' condition is critical and that the Paraguay star is fighting for his life.

America president Michel Bauer stated that Cabanas was conscious until he was given anaesthesia ahead of the operation. The bullet is reportedly still inside the player's head. Furthermore, Bauer categorically denied rumours that Cabanas is actually brain dead.

According to official information from the attorney general of Mexico City, Miguel Angel Mancera, two people were arrested after the shooting.

Cabanas currently plies his trade at Mexican outfit America and is an integral part of Paraguay's national side.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: January 25, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
Just put that on Kenwyne thread FB

Bit of an exaggeration there huh? Anyway, Ive seen enough games to know they are a shit side with no defense and little support to the forwards.

Not really, Bent seems to do OK with no support or service, plastic Manc?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: January 25, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
Bent does OK because he is a very good player and a recipient of KJ's work up-front, huh asshole?
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:48 AM »
Bent does OK because he is a very good player and a recipient of KJ's work up-front, huh asshole?

Oh Dear ::) Best you can do  :rotfl:

Plastic Manc?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
Oh Dear, go have another cup of tea watching your shit side

plastic Cnt
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: January 26, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
Oh Dear, go have another cup of tea watching your shit side

plastic Cnt

Tut Tut Tut, Ah poor bairn.

I will continue to watch my shit side as I have for many years, I'm used to it now, makes no odds to me, but I know what I am watching, unlike you given your comments, I suspect if you had a clue you would be dangerous.

So you are a plastic Manc, how sad!

I'm not going to bother anymore its too easy, just quit while your behind like a good little boy, on the ignore list.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: January 26, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
oh gorm...2 ah allyuh ease up nah...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
What is a plastic Manc?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: January 27, 2010, 07:28:49 AM »
Everton v Sunderland  KO 8.00 PM GMT

Its on Sky so should be plenty of links, some not updated yet.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=61616&part=sports
http://www.p2p4u.net/
http://atdhe.net/
http://www.iraqgoals.net/epl1.html

Its Everton, never get anything so no change tonight.

Turner and Bardsley are injured, Cattermole, Reid should return and Kilgannon new signing looks like playing  (haven't a clue what he is like tbh), some doubt over Da Silva because he is good mates with Cabanas apparently.

Bruce is going on about not playing Kenwyne because being "unsettled" the article is on the other thread so no point.  As I have said before Bruce seems to have been at Kenwyne all season off and on, from very early on with his head's not been right comment.  I think its obvious to everyone that Kenwyne is going if not this window then the summer.  It will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the season, will he just plod along or try to make teh best of it and secure the best move he can by playing well, don't know him so haven't a clue about his mentality.

oh gorm...2 ah allyuh ease up nah...

aye your right as usual

What is a plastic Manc?

Someone that follows a team Manu, Arsenal, Chelsea because its fashionable easy and win things (have been known to change) and usually clueless about football.

1]; } ?>