April 26, 2024, 06:56:33 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608254 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3120 on: August 12, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »
It's been 3yrs of ups and downs....it's real hard to break off that type of relationship lol

Big Up!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:46:43 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 12, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
Said it before keep it going, where else will I get such nice abuse, much better than the plastic Manc, Pool or Chelsea threads.

Well for me it's been a pleasure having you around and hopefully we'll still see you check in these parts from time to time.  I certainly appreciate the opportunity that Sunderland gave to our four Trinis, unfortunately the relationships didn't work out.  I wish Sunderland and their fans all the best.

agreed....Sunderland still have my support, is Steve Bruce ah doh like with he dutty self...
Best of luck in the new season  :beermug:

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #3122 on: August 12, 2010, 06:06:38 PM »
i dont like steve bruce so relegation for sunderland.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: August 12, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
This one about to die a slow and agonizing death, RIP
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 12, 2010, 11:53:52 PM »
Said it before keep it going, where else will I get such nice abuse, much better than the plastic Manc, Pool or Chelsea threads.

Well for me it's been a pleasure having you around and hopefully we'll still see you check in these parts from time to time.  I certainly appreciate the opportunity that Sunderland gave to our four Trinis, unfortunately the relationships didn't work out.  I wish Sunderland and their fans all the best.

BNS thankyou, I am not so sure the realtionships with teh 4 Trini's didn't work out, just more like normal in the world of football.

Stern John was replaced really by Kenwyne and that goes on at every club every season.

DY was a great friend of Keane and if we'er honest was never going to last longer than he did.

Carlos was unlucky with injuries and still feel sorry for him, he never got the chance in the league due to that and again his struggle (more mental imho) to get over them.

Kenwyne, after his 1st season I thought he would move for a lot of money to a good club probably either last year or this tbh.  But again being honest we have never really seen that Kenwyne since the 1st 2/3rds of that season or only fleeting glimpes, hence the move and price, still believe there is a hell of a player in there but still doubt he wants it bad enough. 

As for Bruce and the team, well I know from comments there is history and Bruce is not liked on here.  As I have stated before I think Bruce has to share the blame for Kenwyne as his comments since his arrival it is obvious he struggled with him.  As for Bruce himself I thought he was an uninspired choice and really only see him as an average manager, during the winless run last year I find his picks strange, subs (or lack of them) stranger and he seemed totally lost in terms of chopping and changing the team, tactics and playing the blame game.  We seem to have a lot of CH's but still have obvious gaps such as LB and creative midfield and indeed with Cana out and Riveros in are in the same position with CM as last season which meant due to injuries / suspensions playing 2 kids in CM one of which isn't a CM.  Personally as I have said before would of much preferred to see real competition for Kenwyne brought in in the form of another target man player rather than sell him a couple of days before the season starts to a rival club with no replacement in place, you can't rely on a kid, especially when you have an asset like Bent that needs support, maybe he will get lucky.  For me there's more questions than answers around Bruce after his performance last season.

As for a slow death, well thats what life's all about, I will just keep giving what I feel is my honest opinion whether popular or not on here.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 13, 2010, 12:15:32 AM »
exactly ... how you mean "it did not work out " ????
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 13, 2010, 05:52:22 AM »

Is that aimed at me BM?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 13, 2010, 07:10:37 AM »
I will still support Sunderland so Kev you are more than welcomed to keep this thread alive with your regular and informative updates!

Who knows you guys may sign another promising Trini in the near future but even if you don't I'll still support as you are a great club with great fans! Travelled all the way from London twice to see two of your games and will always treasure the experience!!

I'm not going to throw away my Sunderland football t-shirt just because there are no more Trini players left at the club well at least not until it is properly worn-out and has done its time!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:12:29 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 13, 2010, 07:30:56 AM »
Kev... All kicks aside i for one don't mind if the Sunderland updates keep coming. Truth is, (with the exception of Man Utd) I still hold a small affinity for clubs that have given opportunities for the Trinis to shine like Wrexham, Hibernian, Falkirk, Reading, Porto etc and cast on eye on them to see what they up to.

And far aside from the sentiment, I think the Sunderland relationship bore excellent results for our countrymen.

We had Stern go there and play and instrumental part in their promotion.

We had Yorke go there and play a pivotal dressing room role in the twilight of his career, even becoming an assistant coach and putting something on his CV that will hopefully help his ambitions of top level coaching.

We had Carlos go there and get his first taste of EPL action, and even if it didn't go as planned because of the aforementioned reasons, the point is that he still got the opportunities.

And lastly we had Kenwyne go there and make his name in the EPL. Despite his yet to be fulfilled potential, the outcry from the Sunderland fans is proof enough of the impression he left.

Furthermore, stemming through those very same West Indian connections, the Sunderland Academy continues to provide invaluable experiences for the next generation of football stars from our region --- Digicel uncover Caribbean Talent.

Not a Steve Bruce fan, and really not too sure what he trying to do with all those CB's he buying. I interested to see how he plans to juggle Mensah, Ferdinand, Turner, Bramble, Da Silva, Onuoha and Angeleri in the same defence, furthermore Danny Wellbeck is NOT the answer. But time will tell...

So for my part, all I can say is thanks to SAFC and all the best in the future.. Good luck and stick around  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 13, 2010, 07:32:57 AM »
I'm not going to throw away my Sunderland football t-shirt just because there are no more Trini players left at the club well at least not until it is properly worn-out and has done its time!  ;)

You could still wear it to your barbershop quartet practice sessions
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 13, 2010, 08:10:25 AM »
I will still support Sunderland so Kev you are more than welcomed to keep this thread alive with your regular and informative updates!

Who knows you guys may sign another promising Trini in the near future but even if you don't I'll still support as you are a great club with great fans! Travelled all the way from London twice to see two of your games and will always treasure the experience!!

Could this be the next one???

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7sS-gQZ9JE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t7sS-gQZ9JE</a>

More here:  T&T's Woo Ling going to Sunderland

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 13, 2010, 09:15:23 AM »

You bring a player to your team/club with one goal in mind... that player helping the team to success.  Sunderland stayed up, and that's success... but if we are to be honest with ourselves, the only players who played any role in Sunderland staying up were Carlos and Kenwyne... and even so, with injuries and inconsistency they played very little part in that.

Stern, Yorke and Carlos did play bigger roles in helping them gain promotion though... so I guess that's something for those who see otherwise to hang their hats on.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3132 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
I would just like to see how many goals Bent scores now that Jones has gone.   ;)

Maybe Jones will turn out to be like Bent, in that he couldn't get a look in at Tottenham but went to Sunderland and blossomed. Let's hope Jones does the same, now that he's not under a clueless f@ck (Bruce)who doesn't want him in the squad.

That makes it how many Trini players this @ss has f@cked up now? 3, 4....?  >:(
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:49 AM »
Sunderland v Brum 3.00 PM KO

Haven't a clue about today, set up team, debutantes etc.

I will only put up the 1 link

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=83707&part=sports

RTG tbf to Bent I think he will score no matter what as his record tends to bear out, whether as many as last season remains to be seen, but that also depends on who else comes in.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #3134 on: August 14, 2010, 05:00:40 AM »
Nothing in life is forever so remove that name and look for a suitable title.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: August 15, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »
Strange messy game, thought Brum were poor tbh.  Kid in goal was very nervous understandably.  The reality is Bruce is blaming the ref, but haven't learnt from last season indiscipline / stupidy, he needs to stop whinging and get a grip (same comments from 2nd half of last season)  Bent was nowhere near fully fit.  The fact we could nearly feild a full team of CH's and still can't defend crosses or set pieces beggars belief.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Sunderland v Stoke City Thread (Nov, 06th)
« Reply #3136 on: August 20, 2010, 04:09:08 AM »
Ah know it early, but ah hope Jones put in a few on Sunderland only because of big mouth Steve Bruce.

Sat. 6,  11:00 AM ET,  Sunderland  v  Stoke City, Stadium of Light
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:38:09 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Stoke City Thread (Nov, 10th)
« Reply #3137 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
Ah know it early, but ah hope Jones put in a few on Sunderland only because of big mouth Steve Bruce.

Ditto :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland v Stoke City Thread (Nov, 10th)
« Reply #3138 on: August 20, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »

Um the date yuh have in the subject is wrong ah think...Nov 10th is ah Wednesday not ah Saturday..ah know dat because it's a day before my b/day  ;D so ah think you mean Nov, 6th?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: August 21, 2010, 05:04:49 AM »
West Brom v Sunderland 3.00 PM KO

Mensah injured big surprise, still have kid in goal, should still be enough, depends if he has sorted the away problem, I hope he has more luck than he has had with the obvious discipline problem.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=83717&part=sports

Have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: August 21, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
No surprise, same as last season at away didn't turn up really, tata

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: August 29, 2010, 03:58:04 AM »
last rights

Still going :devil:

Sunderland v Man City 3.00 KO GMT

Playing today because of City's European involvement.  Haven't a clue whats going to happen, Bruce baffles me.

Bent doesn't look fully fit and is struggling for form tbh.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=83731&part=sports

Transfer News.

Rumours are
Gyan - Liked the look of him at the WC but 3 games or so, so if we do sign him just have to wait and see, one thing is for sure we need a target man type.
Nzogbia - Would of liked to sign him when he left Newcastle think he would be OK
Fanni (Rennes?) - One out of left field but were linked with him under Keane I don't watch French Football so haven't a scooby.

2 Days left so rumours will gather pace.

Watched the Stoke match yesterday though Kenwyne looked lively.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: August 29, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
Kev ,

I'm a lil curious .. where is Andy Reid is he still with sunderland?
I havent heard about him in a while.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: August 29, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
Wow Sunderland pulled off a big win.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: August 29, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
Kev ,

Got injured at the end of last season. He should be back after the international break

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: August 29, 2010, 01:01:17 PM »
Strange game but entertaining, 3 points so onward and upward.

Kev ,

Reid's injured on his way back, but Bruce doesn't really rate him and he only got into teh team last season due to his performances in the cup and gave him no choice really, although he was our best creative player last season.  Wouldn't be surprised to only see him when Bruce has no other options, bit like teh Kenwyne situation and only a matter of time before he is gone, think he would of been sold by now if it wasn't for his injury.

Forgot Tevez's miss will make a lot of gaff dvd's and will be screened an awful lot.

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3535896.html?v=68cf8cd74654d5c4dc155a943e655ba0   :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:10:51 PM by kev »

giggsy11

« Reply #3146 on: August 29, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
Strange game but entertaining, 3 points so onward and upward.

Kev ,

Reid's injured on his way back, but Bruce doesn't really rate him and he only got into teh team last season due to his performances in the cup and gave him no choice really, although he was our best creative player last season.  Wouldn't be surprised to only see him when Bruce has no other options, bit like teh Kenwyne situation and only a matter of time before he is gone, think he would of been sold by now if it wasn't for his injury.

Forgot Tevez's miss will make a lot of gaff dvd's and will be screened an awful lot.

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3535896.html?v=68cf8cd74654d5c4dc155a943e655ba0   :rotfl:

That is the Tevez I remembered @ United! Welcome back son!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: August 29, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Sunderland in talks with Rennes over Gyan

By Soccernet staff

August 29, 2010

Sunderland have opened transfer negotiations with Ligue 1 club Rennes over what is expected to be a club-record transfer for Ghana international Asamoah Gyan.

Black Cats officials are holding talks as they attempt to recruit a replacement for Kenwyne Jones, who joined Sunderland for £8 million earlier this month, ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline. ;D

Their need for new striker became more acute on Sunday when Fraizer Campbell, who had been partnering Darren Bent, suffered suspected knee ligament damage during the 1-0 Premier League victory over Manchester City.

After win at the Stadium of Light, Sunderland manager Steve Bruce said: "It's imperative that we try to bring a body in because we are a bit short there and if [Campbell] he is going to be missing for the next couple of months, which could be the situation, then we need to act if we possibly can."

I find it strange all of ah sudden it imperative Steve...yuh had KJ...so why d haste now
.... :devil:

Gyan, 24, an international colleague of on-loan defender John Mensah, was one of the stars of the World Cup finals and has been in Bruce's sights all summer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:42:01 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: August 31, 2010, 02:48:26 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307544/Sunderland-striker-Fraizer-ruled-season.html

Sunderland hit by major blow as striker Fraizer Campbell is ruled out for the season

Fraizer Campbell has been ruled out for the season after scans revealed he has ruptured his cruciate ligaments.
The 22-year-old was taken off in Saturday’s 1-0 victory over Manchester City after an innocuous challenge from Micah Richards.
It was widely thought Campbell may have twisted ligaments in his knee, which would have seen him return back to action in a matter of weeks.
But the devastating news of his absence for the whole duration of the campaign rocked the player and Steve Bruce to the core.
Campbell had looked in rapacious form in pre-season as he netted an impressive haul of six goals in seven games.
And was quietly confident that this could be his breakthrough term in the Premier League after arriving from Hull for £6 million last summer.
However, his absence for the campaign is likely to see Bruce engage in more transfer activity to provide himself with more striking options.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: August 31, 2010, 03:18:37 AM »
Looks like asamoah gyan is in the bag.  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6349737,00.html
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>