April 28, 2024, 01:38:41 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608986 times)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3180 on: September 13, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
rota,

He did the same last season left short in CM and still no LB.

I was quite impressed with Gyan at the WC but 3/4 games not enough to tell really, but a lot of money when compared to Kenwyne's sale price, a little bit younger 2 years? or so, just have to wait and see.  Also let Waghorn go, the youngster for £3 Million or so to Liecester.
Kev, gyan is not going to make a lick of difference, as a matter of fact he may prove less effective than jones. he's slower, less athletic, defends way less, less of an aerial threat, and still with the same poor service and one solitary play maker in andy reid.

You sure you talking about de same Gyan?

lol i was gonna ask the same thing ... wasnt this the same man who hold off two usa defenders off balance and nearly drill a hole through they keeper with he left foot .... allyuh fellas  feel KJ woulda do that? lol
Allyuh does look @ football real simplistically boy. first off, i personally feel fellas like KJ, carlos and the seniors who got slagged off by the TTFF really didn't give their all, that's BC if they sustained an injury during an international the TTFF would just over look them in the same manner they dealt with anthony noriega when they took ah huge dump on the boy and never looked back. ( you do remember him don't you?) that coupled with the WC bonuses left those guys jaded and unmotivated.

they also can't refuse to play for their country if they are called by their federation BC of FIFA rules and work permit issues. but i believe if KJ was playing for a decent federation along side decent players the likes of gyans ghanian team mates, he could've achieved that and more!       

KJ is ah big big player despite his touches, and he will prove that tuh allyuh if he ever gets on ah good team.

JC you feel KJ have to be on a good team to prove that he is a good player?
Or play well when he has the ball and opportunity to do things?
It's the things you do when you get the opportunity that defines you as a player .... KJ was getting props before because of the things he did on the ball and the effort and similarly is getting stick because of what he does now when he gets the ball ... he is past the point of potential now is either he step up or he step off.
IF he make me eat my words I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but until then ........
He is a man .....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 13, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »
rota,

I was quite impressed with Gyan at the WC but 3/4 games not enough to tell really, but a lot of money when compared to Kenwyne's sale price, a little bit younger 2 years? or so, just have to wait and see.  Also let Waghorn go, the youngster for £3 Million or so to Liecester.
Kev, gyan is not going to make a lick of difference, as a matter of fact he may prove less effective than jones. he's slower, less athletic, defends way less, less of an aerial threat, and still with the same poor service and one solitary play maker in andy reid.

lol i was gonna ask the same thing ... wasnt this the same man who hold off two usa defenders off balance and nearly drill a hole through they keeper with he left foot .... allyuh fellas  feel KJ woulda do that? lol
Allyuh does look @ football real simplistically boy. first off, i personally feel fellas like KJ, carlos and the seniors who got slagged off by the TTFF really didn't give their all, that's BC if they sustained an injury during an international the TTFF would just over look them in the same manner they dealt with anthony noriega when they took ah huge dump on the boy and never looked back. ( you do remember him don't you?) that coupled with the WC bonuses left those guys jaded and unmotivated.

they also can't refuse to play for their country if they are called by their federation BC of FIFA rules and work permit issues. but i believe if KJ was playing for a decent federation along side decent players the likes of gyans ghanian team mates, he could've achieved that and more!       

KJ is ah big big player despite his touches, and he will prove that tuh allyuh if he ever gets on ah good team.

It's the things you do when you get the opportunity that defines you as a player .... KJ was getting props before because of the things he did on the ball and the effort and similarly is getting stick because of what he does now when he gets the ball ... he is past the point of potential now is either he step up or he step off.
IF he make me eat my words I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong but until then ........
He is a man .....
Like yuh fearful of eatin yuh words or what? yuh eh see my yute score one today out of nothing, and he almost coulda score three but freedal was in fine form today.

as for players underachievin on bum teams, just look @ scotty last yr, he was on ah bum team and it made him seem like ah bum himself, but yuh think if scotty was on ah team like arsenal he woulda score just one goal? NO! he woulda @ least gotten 10 BC he's ah pure pocher.

good teams in some cases make good players better.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 13, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »
rota,

He is a man .....
Like yuh fearful of eatin yuh words or what? yuh eh see my yute score one today out of nothing, and he almost coulda score three but freedal was in fine form today.

as for players underachievin on bum teams, just look @ scotty last yr, he was on ah bum team and it made him seem like ah bum himself, but yuh think if scotty was on ah team like arsenal he woulda score just one goal? NO! he woulda @ least gotten 10 BC he's ah pure pocher.

JC I like how yuh does big up we players with ah earnestness :beermug:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 13, 2010, 05:53:12 PM »
rota,

He is a man .....

Yuh have a point dey. Scotting played 34 games i think and he didnt play one bad game. Wat he got was poor service for the entire season. KJ is in a better team this season and he showed today that he can play with the big boys. He just needs consistency.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 13, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
Just came back from the SMB, boy they pongin kenwyne, it's ah shame tuh see the way they talkin bout jones after he saved they arses two yrs in a row from relegation. that's gratitude for yuh.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:40 AM »
Sunderland v Arsenal KO 5.30 PM GMT.

Not expecting anything really, some bad games coming up (Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa), should be plenty of working links. 

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=87082&part=sports

JC, not really a SMB thing just a fan thing as I said on another thread.  Most people just think he was good for us but just never really delivered to potential / expectations enough times and still think he was sold cheaply. 

Its teh same all teh time, people will defend the manager players now despite the evidence and as soon as they leave will turn on them, I am afraid people are the same the world over.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 18, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »
See that goal  ;D   Sunderland not doing to bad. Arsenal posession game not flowing at all.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 18, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
Kev yuh team showed some spirit to equalize today. Good final 20mins. Exciting final 10.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 18, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »

Sunderland deserved that goal and not just because of the last 15 minutes, they dominated the first half.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 19, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »
Thought the game was decent so was the performance although never really hurt Arsenal.  Don't think anybody could argue didn't deserve the point.  Hopefully Andy Reid will do the same as last season and force his way back into the team by his midweek Cup performances. 

Still not convinced at all with the defence.

Hope everybody has a good week.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 22, 2010, 07:45:40 AM »
Footballer And Brother Arrested For Rape
By: Sarah Gordon (Sky News Online).

Premier League footballer Titus Bramble and his brother have both been arrested on suspicion of rape.

The 29-year-old Sunderland player and his 30-year-old brother Tesfaye were detained after the alleged rape of a young woman was reported to police in the early hours of the morning.

The pair are being questioned by Northumbria police over an alleged attack at a Newcastle city centre hotel.

Reports claim the rape took place at the four-star Vermont Hotel, which has an entrance near to the bars and clubs on Newcastle's quayside.

A hotel spokesperson refused to comment.

A police spokseman said: "Police received a report of a rape of a woman at a city centre hotel in Newcastle in the early hours.

"Two men, aged 29 and 30, have been arrested on suspicion of rape."

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce signed former Ipswich and Newcastle defender Titus Bramble from Wigan this summer for a reported £1m fee.

Tesfaye Bramble, a striker, has played international football for Monsterrat, a British island in the Caribbean, and also plays for the Eastern Counties League Premier Division club Leiston, in Suffolk.

Sunderland Football Club has not yet commented on the arrest.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 23, 2010, 05:46:18 AM »
Another poor performance and a loss against West 'Am.

As for Bramble, well I have no sympathy really, he is old enough to know better.  He is just a long list of footballers caught in this position, some have done wrong some haven't and I honestly don't know if he has or hasn't, but as above should know better. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 02, 2010, 01:40:39 AM »
Sunderland v Manu 3.00 GMT KO

Big 4 game so should be able to pick up a working link if you want to.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=89583&part=sports

The forum was down a couple of days last week when I tried so sorry didn't put anything up for Liverpool.

Can't really let it go without mentioning it.  The FA and EPL seem intent on promoting Atwell as a ref and there has been a number of grumbles about him this season so far. 

The goal was strange, but having let the play run once it hit the net he gave himself no choice, however if you ignore that incident he had a poor game.  He missed obvious fouls by both teams, a blatant / stonewall penalty, Gerrard should of been sent off and he showed his inexperience / naviety when 2 Liverpool players were down and out.  He let the physio treat, put a pretty / matchingbandage on Skertle at one point I thought the physio was going to give him a manicure to waste more time, all this went on while Carragher was getting stitches in the dressing room.  He then forgot the rules about sending a player to the touchline after injury and allowing a player back on the field without permission.  A rule he remebered again when Welbeck was elbowed by Gerrard.  A really poor game by him although the EPL were quick to point out the goal was legal ignoring all the other mistakes, quite simply Atwell isn't upto the job at the minute no matter how hard the FA and EPL want him to be.  My whinge of the week.

Hope everybody has a nice weekend.

truetrini

« Reply #3193 on: October 02, 2010, 10:49:36 AM »
Man, SUnderland cannot buy a goal

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 02, 2010, 01:04:17 PM »
Man, SUnderland cannot buy a goal
Still feel MrSunderland(SB) sell ah few doh (KJ, SJ, CE), but ah could never prove that....still tying any Man team is ah good thing, wheter is Boos or Cs'..cyah knock dat

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: October 02, 2010, 01:48:42 PM »
A couple good results in a row by Sunderland... although it reasonably could be argued that a draw with shitty Liverpool is a letdown, lol.  Still, fans should must be besides themselves with holding Man U scoreless.  Kev's probably leaned up against a wall somewhere sleeping off the drunk, lol

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 02, 2010, 02:12:21 PM »
Sunderland didn't just tie this game they were taking it to Man United it seems that Bruce might have created a team that is simply very difficult to beat ..... but is yet to learn how to beat other teams.

A draw specialist ...

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 02, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
A couple good results in a row by Sunderland... although it reasonably could be argued that a draw with shitty Liverpool is a letdown, lol.  Still, fans should must be besides themselves with holding Man U scoreless.  Kev's probably leaned up against a wall somewhere sleeping off the drunk, lol

:rotfl:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: October 03, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »
A decent game should of really put to bed, but better than I expected.

Sunderland didn't just tie this game they were taking it to Man United it seems that Bruce might have created a team that is simply very difficult to beat ..... but is yet to learn how to beat other teams.

A draw specialist ...

Really just not committing men forward enough fast enough.  Although playing well not really causing problems often enough for the other teams because of this.  Again needed to change it earlier and left the team the same, I just find his subs / lack of them baffling at times. 

No game for a couple of weeks due to the international break, next one Monday 18th

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 18, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »
Blackburn v Sunderland KO 8.00 PM GMT.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=89599&part=sports

Bent doubtful, not one for the purists me thinks.  ;)

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 18, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »
Bent playing. Spurned a golden chance to put Sunderland ahead.
Blackburn had more play, but Sunderland had the better chances.

Red Card for Samba in the dregs of the 1st half.
Rovers will park the bus for the 2nd half now.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:36 AM »
Horrible game as expected. 

Gyan at least looks fit now, but will need to adjust and that will take games.

Bruce whinging about lack of goals from elsewhere, well if he doesn't commit players forward except Bent apart from set pieces, how the hell are the other players suppose to score them.

Villa Saturday

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: October 22, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »
Sunderland v Villa 3.00 GMT

Should be a decent match, but will get nothing if he doesn't commit players forward.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=91311&part=sports

Have a nice weekend

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 24, 2010, 12:10:59 PM »
Great Result against Villa. 
Villa was dominating tho.  except where it counts.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 24, 2010, 11:57:12 PM »
Great Result against Villa. 
Villa was dominating tho.  except where it counts.

Thought we had the better of the 1st half, just.  Villa changed it around 2nd half and Bruce as usual didn't react / change until late in the game, got lucky.  He seems intent on playing trying not to get beat rather than trying to win the game has done all season.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 25, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2195672,00.html

350 - Sunderland's 1-0 win over Aston Villa was a fitting way to mark their 350th match in the Premier League. The Black Cats are unbeaten in their last seven fixtures.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
It seems the decisions Bruce made is working for him?all who used to critiqe Bruce have to give him some pips,is Sunderland a better team now than they had in the past?i could have never imagined a Triniless Sunderland. 

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: October 25, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
It seems the decisions Bruce made is working for him?all who used to critiqe Bruce have to give him some pips,is Sunderland a better team now than they had in the past?i could have never imagined a Triniless Sunderland. 

Their defense seems to be better than last season....

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 25, 2010, 01:02:33 PM »
He is a defensive minded person so that don't surprise me. His offensive tactics are inept and, for that, he would always be considered a mid-table manager.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 25, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »

Too early to make that call..

Off the top of my head, Sunderland does always start out hot and sweaty and then fizzle out mid-season and end up in a relegation worry coming down towards the end of the season. Lets see if its a different story come January when fatigue sets in and the sheep separate from the goats.

Seem like they doing a better job defensively though.. Not surprising since thats where Bruce has spent most of his money in the transfer market.

1]; } ?>