March 28, 2024, 10:46:03 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 603044 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3360 on: January 29, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/20110129/sunderland-complete-muntari-deal_2256213_2279598

Sunderland complete Muntari deal

Sunderland have tied up a loan deal for Internazionale midfielder Sulley Muntari.

Sunderland have signed Internazionale midfielder Sulley Muntari on loan until the end of the season.

The Ghana international, 26, won the treble under Jose Mourinho last season, picking up Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions' League winners medals.

Muntari's CV also includes an FA Cup, a second Serie A championship, a FIFA Club World Cup and a Supercoppa Italia.

He joins international team-mates Asamoah Gyan and John Mensah on Wearside.

Signed by Udinese from Liberty Professionals in 2001, Muntari made 125 appearances for the Italian club and played alongside Gyan at the Stadio Friuli.

He spent a season with Portsmouth in 2007-08, winning the FA Cup with the Fratton Park club before Inter paid 16m euros to acquire his services in July 2008.

Muntari became a cornerstone of Mourinho's powerhouse Inter side and played a key role as the Nerazzuri swept all before them last season.

He has made 59 appearances for Inter, scoring five goals.

The midfielder will not figure against Chelsea on Tuesday but should be available for next Saturday's trip to Stoke.

http://www.safc.com/news/20110129/black-cats-sign-psgs-sessegnon_2256213_2279702

Black Cats sign PSG's Sessegnon

Sunderland have signed playmaker Stephane Sessegnon from PSG, safc.com can confirm.

Sunderland have completed the signing of Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Stephane Sessegnon.

The 26-year-old moves to the Stadium of Light for a fee of 7million euros (£6m approx) and has signed a three and a half year deal.

Sessegnon is Steve Bruce's second signing of the day, with the deal going through just a couple of hours after Sulley Muntari joined on loan from Internazionale.

Capped 36 times by Benin, Sessegnon can be deployed in a variety of attacking midfield roles or alongside a striker.

Sessegon began his career in his home country with Requins D'Atlantique before moving to France to join Creteil of Ligue 2, for whom he made 68 appearances.

The skilful midfielder's impressive form earned him a move to the French top flight and Le Mans, appearing 61 times for club during two years in north west France.

PSG paid a reported 8million euros to take the Sessegnon to the Parc des Princes in summer 2008, and he quickly became a regular in a playmaking role.

The player's efforts were rewarded when he was named in the Ligue 1 Team of the Year at the end of the 2008-09 season after helping PSG to an impressive domestic campaign and a spot in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup.

He was also nominated for the French player of the year award, which was eventually won by Bordeaux's Yoann Gourcuff.

Sessegnon, who could make his debut against Chelsea on Tuesday, made a total of 76 appearances for PSG, scoring eight goals before making his move to Wearside.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:03:14 AM by kev »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: January 29, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
Well yuh finally got a solid center mid who could also play on the left flank, so i don't want tuh hear you complaining about not having a good holding mid. good luck wid dat.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: January 30, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »
Well yuh finally got a solid center mid who could also play on the left flank, so i don't want tuh hear you complaining about not having a good holding mid. good luck wid dat.

Its not holding I have a problem with its creativity and getting men forward, hopefully Muntari will help with Sessegnon on one side and Henderson on the other and both getting forward.  Alternatively with only one strikr he might play Sessegnon just behind Gyan in a 5 man midfeild.

Chelsea Tuesday so have to wait and see.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: February 01, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »
Well my cheeks remain covered, although I think it was a closer run thing than I care to imagine, down to greed really, Stoke wanting too much money and player too much wages. 

Sunderland v Chelsea KO 7.45

Should be a working link or two.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=103720&part=sports

Muntari won't be playing to Sessegnon will be, looking forward to seeing him, wonder how long he will last as hasn't really been training for a month. 

Torres won't be playing for Chelski.

Don't know what team will turn up, but hope we can do the double and pray Gyan doesn't pick up a knock as he is the only fit striker we have.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: February 02, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »
Cracking game, poor defending, Chelsea certainly played liked they owed us one. 

Sessegnon must of thought the game was on Fast Forward or something, given how fast end to end it was, not surprisingly it mostly passed him by.  Like Gyan had to he will have to learn very quickly there is no waltzing around in this league.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: February 05, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »
Stoke v Sunderland KO 12.45 PM GMT

On live in UK should be plenty of links.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=103730&part=sports

WE have never played well at Stoke so here's praying ;)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: February 05, 2011, 06:47:50 AM »
That didn't take very long...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #3367 on: February 05, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
Gordon attacking some of those high balls like a blind man who trying to feel his way around! I like the new short man  from the French league Sunderland just get in the transfer window. Low center of gravity and skill full. Sunderland have a good African mix in the side.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: February 05, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »
Stoke eh pretty atall, but they effective.
In fact, my mouth doh have spit b/c i steupsin over bad passing, but let them get a set play near the box...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: February 05, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
Stoke eh pretty atall, but they effective.
In fact, my mouth doh have spit b/c i steupsin over bad passing, but let them get a set play near the box...

Pennant was pure poison....

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: February 05, 2011, 11:57:54 AM »
About what I expected from teh defence although Gordon seemed to lose it.  Some strange decisions along the way aswell.  Had a few computer problems so didn't get to see it all, managed to see all the Stoke goals neither of ours. aarghhh!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: February 12, 2011, 02:18:54 AM »
Sunderland v Spuds KO 5.30 PM GMT

Its on live in the UK EPSN? so should be plenty of working links.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=103748&part=sports

Spuds have a game midweek in Champions League so I suspect they will have one eye on that rather than this game.

Will be interesting to see how Muntari and Sessengon get on having had a little more time with the squad and probably a better game for the latter to show something.  Still only have Gyan as fit striker.  Should be a decent game and hope Bruce doesn't put 5 at the back like last week.

Have a nice weekend

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: February 12, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
Tough luck today Kev.  To say I'm delighted with 3 points is an understatement, our midfield was pretty makeshift and few have won at the Stadium of Light this season.

You had a lot more play going forward but it was too narrow and made it easy for us to defend.  We had 2 shots on goal and scored them both otherwise we didn't have much in terms of attack.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41:44 PM »
Sunderland gone from Trini, UK to Ghana, UK  ::)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: February 13, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »
Tough luck today Kev.  To say I'm delighted with 3 points is an understatement, our midfield was pretty makeshift and few have won at the Stadium of Light this season.

You had a lot more play going forward but it was too narrow and made it easy for us to defend.  We had 2 shots on goal and scored them both otherwise we didn't have much in terms of attack.

I thought the game should of been put to bed 1st half that we dominated, but didn't really create that much.  Poor defending again for the 2 goals. The midfield caught clogged up, didn't really use Sessegnon as pace and width, suppose its a little understandable given 2 of the 4 are new into the team.  We were far too narrow at both ends of the pitch was the way I seen it aswell.  Thought it was a decent game, but you were there for the taking and couldn't manage it. 

2 weeks to the next game.

Gyan looks like he is settling well and took his goal from a poor ball in really well. 

Thought the ref again made some strange decision, we seem to be in silly season for them at the minute, in all EPL games not just ours.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: February 26, 2011, 02:19:42 AM »
Everton v Sunderland KO 3.00 PM GMT

Maybe a working link

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=106279&part=sports
http://www.atdhenet.tv/

Never do well against Everton and Cahill always scores (if he plays), will we turn up, anybodies guess.  I have low expectations of this one tbh.

Bruce has just signed an extended contract until 2014  ::)

Have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: February 26, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
As expected a truly woeful performance

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 05, 2011, 01:43:45 AM »
Arsenal v Sunderland KO 3.00 PM GMT

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=107184&part=sports

With injuries and a Champions League game against Barcelona coming up it should be a good time to play Arsenal, but it should of been the same against Spurs.  Very low expectations of the match again and the team "turning up".

Have a nice weekend.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
A very exciting game today!  Sunderland displayed one of the best defensive efforts I have seen in a long time, and it is true that they did have a little bit of luck.   The team could still end the season in a respectable position.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 06, 2011, 01:22:21 AM »
A decent performance against a fairly lack lustre Arsenal to be honest.  A little luck, offside that was given but one of those so close that you couldn't blame the linesman whatever way he gave it and a possible penalty.  Defence was iffy again.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: April 03, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »
Man City v Sunderland  4.00 PM GMT KO

Live in UK so should be plenty of links if you want

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=110857&part=sports

Table is looking interesting need to limp over the line, a couple of bad results and good ones for those at the bottom and could be right in it.  One win should be enough.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: April 03, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »

The EPL game on Sunday is at a very convenient time (breakfast time) for us on the West Coast and so it is usually nice to catch it.   

Sunderland gave up after the second goal.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: April 04, 2011, 12:02:05 AM »

The EPL game on Sunday is at a very convenient time (breakfast time) for us on the West Coast and so it is usually nice to catch it.   

Personally think they had given up before KO.

Adject although not surprising performance.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:32 AM »

No Jones + No Bent = No Good

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: April 04, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »

Na, try again

giggsy11

« Reply #3385 on: April 04, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »

Does Lee Catermoe (excsuse the spelling) have a footballing brain? And what exactly does he bring to the team besides English agression? I would love to see their win loss record with and with out him in the side. Sunderland needs decent/creative midfielders. They have good forwards and a decent defense. They also need to play Henderson less; he looks like he bun!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: April 04, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »

The absence of Jones is not a real loss for Sunderland, and in some ways the team seems to be playing better without him.  Sunderland is a good side.  The new defender Mensah is good; Welbeck is impressive …. etc  . 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: April 05, 2011, 04:14:10 AM »

Does Lee Catermoe (excsuse the spelling) have a footballing brain? And what exactly does he bring to the team besides English agression? I would love to see their win loss record with and with out him in the side. Sunderland needs decent/creative midfielders. They have good forwards and a decent defense. They also need to play Henderson less; he looks like he bun!

Cattermole doesn't have a brain full stop.  Bruce made him captain and got send off twice in a couple of games, he lacks pace so dives in, even after a yellow card he will do it again.  Bruce took him to Wigan from Boro and then here, personally don't think he brings a lot, red card waiting to happen in every game he plays. 

We need a creative CM, but disagree about the defence, we have needed a LB for 2 seasons and a CH.  As for Henderson he is a young player being constantly played out of position, no matter how hard Bruce wishes / wants he is not a CM as he can't tackle / track back.  He really needed to be taken out of the limelight a fair while ago, but there was no one else, like any young player form goes up and down, confidence is low atm and its showing.  I think he is a decent player in his right position but not upto the hype.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: April 09, 2011, 03:48:54 AM »
Sunderland v West Brom KO 3.00 PM GMT

Haven't a clue how this is going to turn out.

Possible links

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=110864&part=sports

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: April 10, 2011, 03:20:04 AM »
Oh deary me  ::)

1]; } ?>