April 27, 2024, 12:04:06 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608806 times)

giggsy11

Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3420 on: September 10, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
I wouldn't be surprise if Kiko Macheda ends up at Sunderland on loan if Bruce still has the job in January.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 10, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
Use tuh back Bruce but he seems tuh be very clueless in managing and coaching the side. it seems like he has hit his peek as a manager. The side seems tuh be up and down/inconsistency which I think reflects Bruce's management style. I think he needs tuh take a seat and let a new manage with a fresh outlook tuh work this team over. Is not like they don't open the checkbook for him tuh get players either. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Hutton get another chance but his affiliation with Newcastle might not fly.
Lucky to get away with that scoreline today.

Felt sorry for the young kid Meyler in particular, shouldn't of been put in that position so early in his career against those players with the players around him, I hoped he learned a lot today.

maxg if you look back I called the Bruce appointment uninspired I think he is an average manager tbh, Kenwyne has for the last year just stood and let players jump all over him, I don't understand it myself tbh.  I have been critical of Bruce, we are racked with injuries and never stood a chance but he got it wrong again today (not the 1st time) given the players he had available and who the opposition was as soon as I seen the team I could see nothing more than a good old tonking coming.   Bruce choose to sell players which I didn't have a problem with tbh, I did however have big concerns about not brining in replacements, but what do I know I am not a qualified coach.  Even with teh players back from injury there are only a couple I would keep in the team tbh.
you put it to nicely, Bruce is ah rank shithong, take it from one who didn't even like him as a player, doh he was a better player than a manager, yet those playing days, I was dreaming to get a chance to go against him and prove, and got hurt just before I did...As a manager, ah say ok, new leaf, give a chance, but is when he start bouncing my players is when I really started watching him, and now, I'm certain, is not like it's the 1st time we playing Chelsea, is not like no one else has shown where the defiencies are repeatedly over the last couple weeks, so what he do...somehow, he manage to further weaken those areas...on KJ - since with Keene, KJ is getting the same service, losing the same balls, getting the same shots, and scoring the same goals, others teams recognize and adjusted....and Bruce have the man, still making the same runs, feeding at the same trough, and the predators keep eating him up at the same waterhole, week in, week out...next week, same service, same runs, same defensive strategy,same offensive startegy, wheter is ManU or Bolton, Sunderland playing,  no matter who Bruce pick...well it doh have enuff Beach balls on the field to help Sunderland win.....The man is, like quite a few others,using his ManU rep to get management job, posturing right, talking a good game, as many players, fans and both dotish and knowledable ppl do, the difference is the knowledgable learn and adjust to achieve and maintain successes, the dotish(or mad) continue with the same behavior....meanwhile everyone saying nah, it cyah be he, he was a big no nonsense this, and take no prisoners that...it must be them guys who not listening to him....For KJs' sake I wish Quinn trades him, and I hope you as a fan stay with socawarriors.net too...yet the sooner KJ move away from Bruce(observed after that SJ fiasco), the better my nerves....ok ah don rant , sorry...i'm ok now  :devil:

Opinion unchanged...maybe next year

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 10, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Training session for Chelsea

f$#k  sunderland , big up kev

Thanks I think  ;D

Chelsea today 3.00 PM kickoff.

Expect to get beat

Gyan is going on loan to Al-Ain why god knows but Bruce keeps falling out with strikers ??? ??? ???

Wow... are you serious?  Let's see if he lasts the season... must have some nice blackmail pics of Quinn.

Aye Gone as I said on Kenwyne thread he has been giving him stick / snide remarks last few weeks, with Bentdner coming in maybe didn't see any point hanging around with a manager that doesn't want him.  Similar remarks with Kenwyne and Gordon (who is still here only because injured imho)

Kev, is Ipswich a mini Sunderland, are the towns close. Is it a very similar environment...just wondering, so many ex Sunderland players in Ipswich line up today.

No 250-300 miles apart maxg. but Keane took a few players and a couple more went since.  Most got Sunderland out of the championship so see it quite often managers trying to replicate it sometimes works sometimes doesn't they tend to forget players age and teams change.

Use tuh back Bruce but he seems tuh be very clueless in managing and coaching the side. it seems like he has hit his peek as a manager. The side seems tuh be up and down/inconsistency which I think reflects Bruce's management style. I think he needs tuh take a seat and let a new manage with a fresh outlook tuh work this team over. Is not like they don't open the checkbook for him tuh get players either. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Hutton get another chance but his affiliation with Newcastle might not fly.

Still think he is average at best.

I wouldn't be surprise if Kiko Macheda ends up at Sunderland on loan if Bruce still has the job in January.

Hope he hasn't.

have a nice week everyone

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 10, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
Bruce unhappy with Gyan

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/955350/sunderland-boss-steve-bruce-hits-out-at-asamoah-gyan-over-uae-move?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=3888

Steve Bruce has hit out at Asamoah Gyan after the Ghana striker left Sunderland to join United Arab Emirates side Al-Ain on loan.

Bruce claimed Gyan had assured him he wanted to stay at Sunderland, and only found out about the loan deal on Saturday morning.

"I had a conversation with Gyan 48 hours ago, with his agent. He shook me by the hand and he said he wanted to stay here, play here because the nonsense had gone on too long," Bruce said after Sunderland's 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

"I will let everyone else make up their conclusions over why he has left the Premier League to go to the United Arab Emirates. What are you going to the United Arab Emirates for? No disrespect to the country of course.

"Sometimes things disappoint you in football which are quite unbelievable. If we are being brutally honest he has been unhappy and unsettled for weeks and months, but to start with it was Real Madrid and it has ended up with the United Arab Emirates. It is disappointing."

Gyan, who cost the Black Cats £13 million last summer, has three years left on his Sunderland contract and Bruce had said when the deal was announced that he was hopeful the player would be back at the start of next season. However, that now appears extremely unlikely.

"He can come back but I can't see it," Bruce said. "All I will say is that we got the best possible deal for Sunderland Football Club. The one thing I would say is that I have never ever kept a person at a football club who didn't want to be there and that belief will always be there, whether I manage Sunderland or any other club.

"If you don't want to play for the team, the club or the jersey, what is the point? We decided to cut our cloth and get the best deal possible and move on. We will not panic. All we can do is batten down the hatches and get on with it."

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 10, 2011, 09:30:20 PM »
If your own player leaving and you don't know. That says something about you.... ::)

One year you paying 13m and then next year he sweating in the UAE? You could have sold him in the transfer window. Heads should roll. 

Say what. You have Bentdner. The greatest striker in the world!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: September 12, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »
If your own player leaving and you don't know. That says something about you.... ::)

One year you paying 13m and then next year he sweating in the UAE? You could have sold him in the transfer window. Heads should roll. 

Can't really disagree, some details have emerged.

The club got £6 Million loan fee for the season.
Gyan is on £200,000 a week

I think I would happily play in the desert for a year in front of 1000 fans or so for that kind of money

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: September 12, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »

Not a Bruce fan, but I can't fault him on this one... if the man says that 48 hours earlier he spoke to Gyan about it, that means that he did know something was wrong and sought to address it with his player.  Bruce said that after Gyan had a good game against England at Wembley last month he was unsettled by people who were more or less scouting him in the stands.  Gyan hasn't been the same player for Sunderland since and they tried to sort it out.  If Gyan assured him he was staying, then two days later he bolts for more money... hard to pin that one on Bruce.

I still say he deserves blame for the larger state of the club.... the board has spent money, unlike what Pardew has to deal with at Newcastle, and unlike what Moyes has to deal with at Everton.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 13, 2011, 01:34:37 AM »
Bakes, I agree to a certain extent, but after working with him a year he should have some idea what he is like.  He came back unfit, not interested and obvious he wanted away.  What was said and how it was handled is anybodies guess, but Bruce was criticising him in the press, probably not the best thing to do when the player is already unhappy. 

For me it looks like Bruce's man management leaves a lot to be desired, unless you are one of his favourites (like most managers) too many players have come and gone quickly or never been on the pitch, there seems to be a mismatch between getting them to the club and keeping them happy once at the club, begs the question whats going on.  When under pressure he tends to play the blame game and use excuses like squad, injuries, youth and inexperience with little thought for any knock on effects to the players themselves or morale.  As you know I am not a big fan of Bruce, it can by argued that he has not spent a lot of money (and is by some) but the reality is he has had the money to spend more than the majority of clubs that we can compete with in the league and not spent it wisely.  The team is unbalanced, still no LB lacks pace and guile, he has bought 20 odd players in his 2 years but still can't field a balanced team, its incredulous tbh.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: September 13, 2011, 05:07:30 AM »

I think I would happily play in the desert for a year in front of 1000 fans or so for that kind of money

Now this puts a serious twist............thats alot of money.........Everyone benefits here!!

Well everyone except Sunderland fans!!

Out - Bent, Gyan, Jones, Welbeck

In - Bentner, Don-Wong-Ji, Wickham (who i read they paid around 18m for)

Where are the goals going to come from? Sunderland in some serious trouble........Bruce too busy trying to audition for the Manutd job that he facking up Sunderland....LOL

ah love it!!

ps: I feel David Moyes will succeed Fergie
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 13, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »
Andre...yuh really spell it out there.

Yuh get rid of 4 top strikers and bring in a shithond and two unknowns  :rotfl:

Madness.

Even if yuh side is a bunch of labourers...yuh need a bess goalkeeper and a bess striker.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 13, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »

Madness.

Even if yuh side is a bunch of labourers...yuh need a bess goalkeeper and a bess striker.

The South Korean guy ( Ji  or Wong-Ji) could turn out to be a miracle signing. To me, it seems as though the  Koreans play well in the big leagues.  I don't understand the crowd reaction after he scored.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »

Now this puts a serious twist............thats alot of money.........Everyone benefits here!!

Well everyone except Sunderland fans!!

Out - Bent, Gyan, Jones, Welbeck

In - Bentner, Don-Wong-Ji, Wickham (who i read they paid around 18m for)

Where are the goals going to come from? Sunderland in some serious trouble........Bruce too busy trying to audition for the Manutd job that he facking up Sunderland....LOL

ah love it!!

ps: I feel David Moyes will succeed Fergie

Andre, not sure on what currency your using but I think its reported as could rise to £8 Million.

But this for me really sums Bruce up, over the past few weeks he has said and changed since.

Sessegnon as a striker (ish)
Gyan
Won and Whickam

Then had a go at Gyan
Forgotten about Sessegnon as a striker because he isn't
said Won and Whickham won't be ready for a year 18 months, great motivational skills
Got Bendtner
Lost Gyan

So as you have rightly pointed out we have gone from various combinations of Kenwyne, Bent, Gyan, Welbeck
To Bendtner & 2 kids.

You add to that a midfield taht lacks any pace or skill (Sessegnon apart) and you don't need a FA Coaching badge to figure out you might be in for a bit of trouble scoring goals.

Madness totalmadness, depends on long his luck holds really.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: September 13, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »

Madness.

The South Korean guy ( Ji  or Wong-Ji) could turn out to be a miracle signing. To me, it seems as though the  Koreans play well in the big leagues.  I don't understand the crowd reaction after he scored.

Not sure what you mean

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 18, 2011, 01:18:06 AM »
Sunderland v Stoke KO 3.00 PM GMT

I wonder if Kenwyne will play and score today, he should get a decent reception from most of the crowd.  Haven't a clue whats going to happen, should really beat them especially since had a long trip a couple of days ago, but who knows what team will turn up.  Certainly not me or Bruce, who it seems the pressure is starting to tell a bit. 

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:28 AM »
A good result, prolonged Bruce for a bit longer (:cursing:), you know what they say if you can't be good be lucky.  Kenwyne got a decent reception even though some booed (normal practice) and looked desperate to score, should of really passed near the end but didn't.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:18 AM »
Norwich v Sunderland KO 8.00 PM GMT

Not a clue whats going to happen.

Hope everyone is well

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: September 26, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »

Hope everyone is well

Norwich is a good club... Paul Campbell has them playing some really good football.  The lack options up front and there are still questions at the back, particularly LB, De Laet.  But their midfield is solid and I like their keeper, Ruddy.  Haven't seen enough of them to know what their bench players are like though, but I'm a big fan of Campbell.  Anyone who can secure back to back promotion in successive years is doing one heckuva job.  Should be an interesting chess match.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: September 26, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
As expected, norwich buss that ass.  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: September 28, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »

Hope everyone is well

Norwich is a good club... Paul Campbell has them playing some really good football.  The lack options up front and there are still questions at the back, particularly LB, De Laet.  But their midfield is solid and I like their keeper, Ruddy.  Haven't seen enough of them to know what their bench players are like though, but I'm a big fan of Campbell.  Anyone who can secure back to back promotion in successive years is doing one heckuva job.  Should be an interesting chess match.

Bakes, not like you but I think you mean Paul Lambert (don't know where you got Campbell from), I agree I think he is a good manager.

Awful game, lambert changed it around a bit, Bruce did the usual and picked his nose and stood and watched.  I really hope Bruce's luck runs out soon, its driving me mad here.  The natives are getting decidely restless just hope the owner is aswell.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: September 28, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »

Bakes, not like you but I think you mean Paul Lambert (don't know where you got Campbell from), I agree I think he is a good manager.

Awful game, lambert changed it around a bit, Bruce did the usual and picked his nose and stood and watched.  I really hope Bruce's luck runs out soon, its driving me mad here.  The natives are getting decidely restless just hope the owner is aswell.

Brain cramp?  :D

Ironically enough, when I made the comment about their lack of options up front I was thinking specifically of Morison and the fact that he is older and lacks pace.... only to see later on that he scored.   He also scored their lone item against Chelsea on that brilliant over the head shot, so slow or not, I guess there is something to him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:17:43 PM by Bakes »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: October 01, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Sunderland v West Brom 3.00 PM GMT KO

Sorry but usual not a clue, Bruce far from happy and looks increasingly lost (again), I wish he would get lost.

Bramble won't be playing (well he hasn't this season anyway, although been on the pitch) as he has been suspended.  The latest to be caught up (after his brother) in a sex / drugs case.  He is under investigation for an alleged sexual assault and posession of a Class A drug.  He was out clubbing through the week got in a taxi with a girl to go home, the taxi driver got concerned about what was going on in the back and drove to a police station instead.  What can you say.

Sums it up really, Bruce complaining about discipline but we have no discipline on the pitch so its nnot any real surprise we don't off it.

Have a nice weekend

Bakes,

Morrison crash in a good header but was helped by some very poor defending.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:26 AM »
Arsenal v Sunderland 1.30 KO.

Think its lucky Arsenal are in a bit of a mess at the minute, but somehow I don't think it will make a jot of difference to the result.

Club news Quinn stepped down as Chairman and is doing something International Marketing, Short is now Chairman.  Which is not so good news for Bruce as Quinny would never sack him, Short will and I hope the sooner the better.  Bruce is spouting usual tata and seems a tad under pressure.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:51 AM »
No surprises

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 17, 2011, 06:39:34 AM »
I think Sunderland did well two turning points ..... the header that was saved from Scez point blank from Lee Catermole and also in the 60th minute Wes Brown got a second yellow yes two yellows and he stayed on the pitch the first one he got when he took out RVP from behind and the second when he took out Theo... he's a lucky lad. All things considered I wouldnt say crisis too much quality in the squad for it to go down. In all fairness it took a RVP gem to win it but if I hd to comoare the two I'd probably give sunderlands freekick the award!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 17, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
I think Sunderland did well two turning points ..... the header that was saved from Scez point blank from Lee Catermole and also in the 60th minute Wes Brown got a second yellow yes two yellows and he stayed on the pitch the first one he got when he took out RVP from behind and the second when he took out Theo... he's a lucky lad. All things considered I wouldnt say crisis too much quality in the squad for it to go down. In all fairness it took a RVP gem to win it but if I hd to comoare the two I'd probably give sunderlands freekick the award!

He didn't and I think you watched a different match.  Although he should of got a yellow early in 1st half when ref played on after clattering somebody, looked like he was going to come back to it but ball stayed in play a long time and he forgot about it.  Too many plodders, not enough pace and no forwards and a clueless lump as a manager.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 17, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
Why do defenders do that .... just crash into players from behind ... that's not football!!!
I could have sworn Wes got a yellow for the Van P tackle might be wrong I'll research.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 22, 2011, 06:11:31 AM »
Bolton v Sunderalnd KO 3.00 GMT.

Again not a clue, Bruce been slagging off the supporters this week, so hopefully not long left now.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 29, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »
Sunderland v Villa 3.00 GMT KO.

Not a clue again, return of Bent who will get a lot of stick but a knocking bet he'll score.

As for Bolton, well they were poor we weren't much better but won.

Have a nice weekend

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: October 29, 2011, 12:15:24 PM »
Kev,

I don't respond much to your postings but I always check in. Thanks for your untiring contributions. I hope the office works out the administrative side of things at Sunderland. Good luck.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
Kev,

I don't respond much to your postings but I always check in. Thanks for your untiring contributions. I hope the office works out the administrative side of things at Sunderland. Good luck.

Agreed... Sunderland just aren't that interesting to me which is why I hardly ever weigh in.  I don't even know who's left on the squad to be honest, besides Seb Larsson. But Kev does a nice job of repping his club with the updates... the fans deserve better than the clueless Bruce.

1]; } ?>