April 29, 2024, 09:46:25 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 609741 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3510 on: January 14, 2012, 06:16:52 AM »
Chelsea v Sunderland 3.00 GMT KO

See if our luck holds, Chelsea not in best of form and not firing on all cylinders, so 7-0 to Chelsea then ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #3511 on: January 14, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
Bendtner killin Sunderland's and the EPL's brand by attempting tuh pass himself off as a footballer!  Jah he needs tuh be shot with shite!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: January 14, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »
No argument from me.

Could possibly should of got something out of the game, ah well onwards and upwards.

giggsy11

« Reply #3513 on: January 14, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
Somebody needs tuh start a Nicholas Bendtner does not belong in the EPL thread! At least Ade scores and top sides still want him, Bendtner headed straight tuh League 1 or out of England.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: January 14, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Bendtner does remind me of that one fellah in the small goal sweat who does dress like ah pro, warm up like a pro, make sign of the cross and run on the field like a pro, then proceed to be the shittiest ting in a pair of tugs..

And no amount of cuss and steups from his teammates week after week could ever bring him around to the reality that he is a shithound, because in his mind he is a pro.

A real waste of break.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: January 21, 2012, 03:22:01 AM »
Sunderland v Swansea KO 3.00 GMT.

Expect it to be a decent game today, I think could go either way.  I like Rodgers think he is going to be a good manager. 
Still a few players missing and no real rumours with regards transfers, if we do get anybody it will only be tweaking until the summer.  MON has enough about him to cope with it, although I won't be that pleased.

I see Bendtner is as popular as a turd in a swimming pool on here.  For me he is what I call a 10 minute player, only shows 5 minutes each half usually towards teh end so everyone thinks he has had a good game.  Lacks composure and backbone.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: January 22, 2012, 04:00:37 AM »
3 points 2 great goals thats about it.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: January 29, 2012, 02:46:33 AM »
FA Cup Sunderland v Boro KO 1.30 pm GMT

Two local teams not a lot of love lost between the supporters so it will be interesting.  Boro like to play football, so expect us to let them get on with it and try to pick them off.

No Bendtner as he has a broken nose and eye injury looks like he will be missing for a month at least, which means no real striker just Sessegnon and 2 kids Wickham and Ji. 

Don't think we are going to do anything in this window although the club seem to be trying to find a Stop Gap striker / hold up player until the summer, this may end up someone like Davis from Bolton or a loan, don't know.

Have a nice weekend

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: January 29, 2012, 08:41:22 AM »
No Bendtner as he has a broken nose and eye injury looks like he will be missing for a month at least, which means no real striker just Sessegnon and 2 kids Wickham and Ji. 

Some would say you didn't have a real striker before the injury...  ::)
Boro leading 1-0
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: January 29, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »

Some would say you didn't have a real striker before the injury...  ::)
Boro leading 1-0

Me included  ;D

Poor game today, never got started.

Nice to see Campbell back after 18 months out with his knee. 

Strange the "goal" was disallowed for offside but it wasn't, it was a handball so all's well that ends well.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: February 01, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
Sunderland v Norwich KO 20.00 GMT

Got a fair few injuries so not sure what team will play or how they will play, no new striker.  Signed Bridge on loan and a greek guy, Bridge is available for tonight, but not a player I rate personally.

Think it will be very cagey, just another 4 wins in the league and season is done for me and start again in summer transfer window.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: February 01, 2012, 07:24:46 AM »
Wayne Bridge is not the player he once was............i hope martin oneil can bring the best out of him.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: February 02, 2012, 01:45:03 AM »
Wayne Bridge is not the player he once was............i hope martin oneil can bring the best out of him.

I never really understood why he went for so much money (twice) in the first place.

The team was everything it wasn't against Boro in the cup, suspect they got a bollocking.

Campbell played well, scored a good goal and went off after 70 mins, touch wood seems over his injury, so really happy for the lad. Comfortable night really 3 points, Stoke on Saturday.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: February 04, 2012, 02:52:57 AM »
Stoke v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT

Well I expect a totally different game from Wednesday, so it will be interesting to see what he does, I wonder if he will put in the big greek lad to add some height.  I would expect Sessegnon and campbell to get a bit of rough handling today, wonder how he will cope with it. 

The couple of times I have seen Stoke they haven't played well but got the points so haven't a clue what teams will turn up, we are still missing a few from injury but at the minute its hard to tell as we don't appear to miss them that much. 

Have a nice weekend

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: February 04, 2012, 04:47:14 AM »
Stoke v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT

Well I expect a totally different game from Wednesday, so it will be interesting to see what he does, I wonder if he will put in the big greek lad to add some height.  I would expect Sessegnon and campbell to get a bit of rough handling today, wonder how he will cope with it. 

The couple of times I have seen Stoke they haven't played well but got the points so haven't a clue what teams will turn up, we are still missing a few from injury but at the minute its hard to tell as we don't appear to miss them that much. 

Have a nice weekend
I'm backing stoke on this one. after steve bruce tenure i lost all love for sunderland, great team, but  hated bruce with ah passion, and that was way before the KJ fiasco. will take a long time for me to feel good about sunderland again

PS: i also hated the way the fans treated bent and KJ after their departure especially bent , who happens to be one of my favorite players.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: February 04, 2012, 05:16:23 AM »
JC you need to lighten up man.

When players leave clubs there are always fans that will call them tata etc. thats the way fans are.  KJ lost an awful lot of respect by the fans when he said if we went down he would leave just a couple of days before a vital last game, why only he knows but never the brightest move.

As for Bent its not that he left, more what he said and the way he left he is always going to get abuse.  He went out of his way quite regularly going on about how much he loved the club, supporters, area etc. Nobody made him say it, he could of just been like the rest and kept his head down and said little.  He went to a hotel in Brum without permission and made it clear he wasn't coming back, then made out he left for football reasons, when Villa were in danger of relegation.  Him and him alone put himself in that position he took the plaudits and enjoyed them, he has to take the consequences.

It would be like me telling you how great you are, best friends, love you and never leave you, to buy me beer in the bar all night.  Then someone else comes into the bar that will buy me Champagne I just bugger off and start telling them you can peel an orange in your pocket because you "only bought me beer" and never appreciated me and would never be any good for me if I stayed with you.   Don't think you would be too happy, that is what basically Bent done to them in the fans eyes.

As always with these things there is very rarely just one side although people tend to pick them.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »
Bit of a farce of a game, ball holding up etc. didn't really suit us at all.  Very harsh sending off, well it wasn't one really.  But Stoke hadn't bothered us before or after tbh. 

Another 3 points, cup game midweek then Arsenal next week

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: February 08, 2012, 03:15:16 AM »
Boro v Sunderland 7.45 KO GMT

FA Cup replay, its due to be cold and both teams have a few injuries, likely to be a bit "lively".  Suspect usual tactics of tryng to sit and pick them off.  Bit of a derby so normal rules don't tend to apply.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: February 09, 2012, 03:21:24 AM »
Not a great game won 2-1 after extra time.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: February 11, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
Sunderland v Arsenal KO 3.00 GMT

1st of 2 games in a week against Arsenal, we have them next week in the FA Cup.

We are on a great run of results just hope it continues another couple of wins and we are safe (probably just about now tbh).
The extra time wouldn't of helped through the week, expect roughly same team, just have to see how the game pans out.
Although Arsenal hammered Blackburn last week haven't been in great form before then and look vulnerable particularly on the road, they also have a CL match in mid week so not sure what team Wenger will send out.  Given their form, position and injuries can't really send out that much of a "weakened" team.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: February 11, 2012, 02:23:06 PM »
Tired performance today, although lucky lead with injury, but Arsenal never really troubled badly, bad defending for the winner.  Can't complain given the run we have had, but would hope for a much better performance next week in teh cup, although we haven't really so far.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: February 18, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »
FA Cup Sunderland v Arsenal 5.15 KO GMT

A repeat of last week, only this time Arsenal have played midweek and we have had a weeks rest.

For me it all depends how we set up and start the game off.  If we do teh same as last week I can see Arsenal winning again, if more on teh front foot can see a totally different outcome.  Arsenal are fragile and debatable how they will react to the heavy midweek beating.

Just wish I knew which way it was going to pan out.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: February 19, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »
Well into next round, don't think they really bothered us at all, had a penalty shout that is one those that are sometimes given, sometimes not on this occasion not.  Arsenal lack any real bottle.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: February 25, 2012, 02:34:21 AM »
WBA v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT

Expect usual again, let them play and hit on the break.  WBA haven't got a great home record, we are showing signs of flagging last few weeks, 1 point would be handy 3 would be wonderful.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:26 AM »
Awful game, everybody had an off day, I think O'Neill would of changed 10 if he could today.  Next week Newcastle.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3535 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Awful game, everybody had an off day, I think O'Neill would of changed 10 if he could today.  Next week Newcastle.
Sess didn't show up to work today.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: February 25, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
Newcastle looked vulnerable against Wolves today so it's a good time to play them.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: February 26, 2012, 06:37:24 AM »
Sess didn't show up to work today.

Nobody turned up for work today, Sess aswell, passing was poor, everything went wrong.

Newcastle looked vulnerable against Wolves today so it's a good time to play them.

MON has done wonderfully well with a bit of luck and some great individual goals.  He has them set up to get the points we so desperately needed with what he has available to him.  There lies the problem, we don't have anybody up front that can hold the ball up, we have very similar players in midfield apart from Sessegnon and the defence isn't great although have gotten away with it.  The players seem to be running on empty at the minute and a fair few won't be back until Friday with internationals.  I think he has a fair bit of work to do in the summer to bring in some variety, striker and a more solid balanced defence.  Just have to see what happens. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:40:00 AM by kev »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 10, 2012, 03:22:31 AM »
Missed last week as busy, draw was a probably a fair result, Titeo maybe not be out of hospital yet the way he went down.  ;D

Liverpool today 3.00 KO, should be interestly like watching grass grow, no Sessegnon means no guile really except a bit from McClean if he plays well.  A match that always seem to have an incident Beach ball, passing for the keeper to take a kick and score, Gerrard only booked for deliberate elbow (sorry that happens quite often, not the booking of course).  Roll on end of the season and some changes in the squad, far too many players that are alike, lack pace and guile, not bad players really just not enough of the other stuff to make a difference often enough.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:39:11 PM by kev »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Another lucky shit goal in this fixture to cap a shit performance.  Liverpool got a deserved result.

1]; } ?>