April 27, 2024, 11:45:20 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 608803 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3570 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:43 AM »
Tenorsaw, I think there was a bit more to it when he left Villa.

Sunderland v Spuds KO 12.45 GMT

A game I think could go either way depending on which teams turn up, Spuds haven't really been playing lately as well as they were earlier in the season.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: April 09, 2012, 03:23:45 AM »
Strange manager MON, he played on Saturday like I thought he would at Man City, a point at the end of the day was fair enough but it was a boring game of containment.

Everton v Sunderland KO 3.00 GMT.

Well ist Everton, not only do they appear to have the hodoo over us, Cahill didn't score last time, I don't think he has ever played two games in a row against us and not scored.  But Everton have the semi final coming up so maybe a few changes, I think MON will want a performance this time as we simply didn't turn up for the QF.

Hope everybody had an enjoyable Easter.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 09, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »
4-0 bad 2nd half, ran out of legs, next game please and busy transfer window.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: April 21, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »
Villa v Sunderland 3.00 GMT KO

Was away so didn't see last weeks game against Wolves, apparently dire do.  Team has the feeling of ran out of legs / on holidays except against big teams.  4 games in a row MON has gone on about needing to strenghen so hope for a good summer, certainly need to mix it up with some different kind of players.

MON goes back to Villa for the 1st time today with a lot of Villa fans still upset he left them on the eve of the season and blaming him for all their current woes, so should be interesting.  Villa are nothing special but neither are we, but I suspect better this week as it is MON's return.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 28, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
Last weeks game was OK, very close call on an offside, usually the linesman has to give the benefit of teh doubt to the forward, but given the last few weeks when blatant offside goals have been allowed no real surprise the flag went up.  One of those that can go either way tbh.  Also Gardner sent off for 2nd bookable offence, again very harsh decision, went to tackle pulled his foot away just caught the lad and a 2nd booking in the last minute or so, a nothing tackle really if the ref keeps booking players for tackles like that there would be no players left at the end of the game. 

Sunderland v Bolton KO 3.00 GMT.

We're on hols so anything can happen.  MON again this week went on about different players so hoping for quite a bit new blood in the summer.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: May 02, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
OK game 2-2 should of really seen it out but didn't.

MON on yet again about players, needing to do things better etc.  So roll on the summer.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 06, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »
Fulham v Sunderland 2.00 pm KO (GMT)

Not a clue, still on hols so just have to see.  I think by the sounds of it MON has made his mind up who he wants to stay go next season and the players have been on hols for a while now.

Hope everybody has a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 13, 2012, 03:00:11 AM »
Sunderland v Manu KO 3.00 GMT

Well last game of the season, still in the EPL, which looked very unlikely when Bruce was here.

The team has been on hols for weeks now, so today doesn't really matter apart from the title thing.

Most talk for the last few weeks has been about players and next season, says it all really.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: May 16, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
Well another season done, game as expected.

Looking forward to the summer and next season hoping MON gets some cash to buy the players he needs to sort the team out, obviously as every manager there will be one or two that don't fit.  At least it won't be the same old same old with Bruce 6/7/8 players, need time to settle, need 1 or 2 more etc. etc. etc.

Don't think any of teh loanees will be staying, well would be amazed.  Bendtner didn't play Sunday wasn't in teh squad, he missed the team bus so MON put him in the stands.  He really is a 1st class prat. (Bendtner not MON), but I,m afraid sums up far too many present players attitudes.

Hope everyone has a great summer, pop in the odd time and see you next season.

(I know Tata Team blah blah blah) Thought I would get it in 1st.   ;D

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 16, 2012, 01:05:31 AM »
Thanks for your faithfullness in keeping us updated on the team Kev. Hope Sunderland get sorted out next season. (we who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones) So for me, no Tata team. My team (T&T) is at it's lowest.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: May 19, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »
Until next season Kev... looking forward to your contributions.

Meanwhile... a stunning reminder of the failures under Keane one time most expensive goalkeeper in England get released

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
Hi everyone, just when you thought it was safe to read the site I turn up again.

Hope everyone is well and your team does well this season apart from when playing us.

I,ve not been on much as am busy atm, so my apologies, haven't seen the match today and just got in, even forgot to put it up this morning.

Not a lot to say really, part from need some pace all over, still need a Left Back, CH and a winger aswell as some forwards.  Only got Cuellar in, so if it stays like that will be a long old season.

Bakes as for Gordon, overpaid because of where we were, but also injury really has messed him up the last season and a half.  If I could be bothered I would look back in the thread for who put his foot in delibrately imho.  He did his job and kept us up, but expensive goalkeepers never seem to work out as so visible when make mistakes.  I'm shocked he hasn't been fixed up though. (at least I don't think he has decent keeper if a bit draculish)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: August 18, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »
Didn't see the game, but promising start for Sunderland.  If Brown can stay healthy and support for Sessegnon can be found then Sunderland will threaten to climb into the upper half.  If not, then more of the same I'm afraid.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: August 18, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »
Welcome back Kev! I find Sunderland has been disappointing in the transfer market this summer...especially in the striker department. Fletcher was not in Wolves' squad today...so hopefully that works out. Good result today though!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: August 24, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »
I won't get a chance tomorrow to log on in the morning so we are playing Reading at home KO 3.00 pm.

Haven't a clue the game could go either way.

Good news is that we have signed Fletcher and Adam Johnson today, I like Johnson as a player and I think MON will work on him, not really seen enough of Fletcher to have an opinion on way or the other so will just have to wait and see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: August 24, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »
I won't get a chance tomorrow to log on in the morning so we are playing Reading at home KO 3.00 pm.

Haven't a clue the game could go either way.

Good news is that we have signed Fletcher and Adam Johnson today, I like Johnson as a player and I think MON will work on him, not really seen enough of Fletcher to have an opinion on way or the other so will just have to wait and see.

Good signing... if for no other reason than we'll stop hearing of him being linked to LFC.  Reading are a good team, played much better than anything I expected against Chelsea and deserved the win.  Pogrebnyak is the truth, as is their captain (McAllum?).

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: September 01, 2012, 12:08:22 AM »
Another transfer window gone, clubs seemed to have reigned in a bit (not usual suspects).

Business was 2 x Free Cuellar and Saha, 1 x Loan Rose and 2 permanent Fletcher and Johnson.  Still short so it will take a few more windows to sort the team out.

Today we are at Swansea, not a clue what will happen, again won't get a chance to see it as too busy, so will hopefully catch the highlights at some point, so no usual comment from me as there are always misleading.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: September 28, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
Still mad busy so still not upto speed this season not getting a chance to see much football at all, still short and not enough change in summer.

Wigan tomorrow @ 3.00 pm, haven't a clue whats going to happen if I am honest.

Have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Still busy so won't get a chance to see the match tomorrow.

As for last week, there was nothing between the teams until the sending off, thought it was soft although could understand it as he lunged with studs showing.  Was has made it a bit confusing is that it got rescinded so back to not knowing when studs up what it is yellow or red.  As I said would of been upset to see one of ours sent off for it.

Play Man City tomorrow 12.45 just have to see what happens.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: October 21, 2012, 04:04:02 PM »

Sunderland   1 – 1 Newcastle

A decent game today, sunderland deserved the point.  More impressed with Newcastle:  a balanced team with firepower up front. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 22, 2012, 03:36:20 AM »
Beat me to it, still busy never got a chance to post prematch.

The Man City match I didn't miss much, well deserved defeat.

Yesterday just confirmed to me that we simply didn't do enough in the summer. Couldn't of really complained if we had of got beat, but settle for a point.  Too slow in thought and deed and none of Johnson, McClean or Sessegnon have hit any kind of form this season so far which makes it very hard going.

Stoke next, don't think Kenwyne will get a look in, but there are rumours of him going on loan to "Dirty Leeds".

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: October 26, 2012, 06:03:01 AM »
Well KJ get the start tomorrow and punish his old team?  :challenge: ...... probably not  :-\
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:04:55 AM by de_redman »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »
Well KJ get the start tomorrow and punish his old team?  :challenge: ...... probably not  :-\

Pulis doesn't want to play him, been obvious for a year, even to a blind man on a galloping horse.

3.00 PM Kickoff in no sort of form at all, so not much hope, but Stoke aren't that good so anything can happen really.  One thing is for sure it won't be a great game to watch, paint drying springs to mind.

Have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
As expected, more like sticking pins in your eyes than watching paint dry  ::) ::) ::)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 09, 2012, 11:55:10 PM »
Still busy so didn't get a chance last week.

Played a little better in parts against Villa still won't score in a brothel though.  Draw would of been a fair result but shit happens.

This week its Everton, well nothing more to say really.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 12, 2012, 02:16:06 AM »
Not big suprise on teh result, however should of came away with at least a draw.  It was a better performance and the last 2 games have seen an improvement beacuse it needs to lets hope it continues.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 18, 2012, 08:32:09 AM »
Fulham away today 4.00pm. 

Better performances last couple of games, but still short and table not looking good with a few bad games coming up.  Not a clue whats going to happen today again.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: November 19, 2012, 12:07:15 PM »
A very scrappy win against 10 men for a long time, but teh points are very welcome.  Still no real form and its hard work watching it atm.

As for the sending off I can understand why he was sent off, but would may angry if it had of been one of ours sent off for that.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 23, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
Sunderland v West Brom 12.45 KO GMT

Still no real form as of yet, West Brom are going well so haven't a clue.

Have a nice weekend

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 23, 2012, 06:13:17 PM »
kev holding a lonely vigil on this thread
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>