April 19, 2024, 05:38:57 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 606495 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3780 on: March 01, 2014, 03:00:58 PM »

In the U.S the game is on BeIn Sports.  Some of us are not lucky enough to be taking part in carnival.    Anyway, …. game time  5:55 am PST  (8:55 EST).

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:14 PM »

Sunderland played well. Borini is certainly a good addition. It took two fantastic goals to knock the wind out of Sunderland sails. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:09 AM »
It was a decent game although the keepers weren't that busy tbh, it had 3 wonderfully finished goals and could of gone either way upto the end.  The 3rd was when pushing forward.  At least we turned up, didn't get messy and had a decent day.  We are not playing in the prem next week as we play Hull in the QF of FA Cup, maybe we might just be able to keep 11 men on the pitch who knows, 3rd time the charm. 

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: March 09, 2014, 09:35:06 AM »
Hard luck dey Kev.

2 3 - 0!.

Allyuh have to check them defenders bank account. Half-ass tackles, suicide back passes... :thinking:
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:13 AM »
Hard luck dey Kev.

2 3 - 0!.

Allyuh have to check them defenders bank account. Half-ass tackles, suicide back passes... :thinking:

Thanks Bitter, but Poyet had been warning about the changes he was going to make, how big the game next weekend is etc.  So to be honest it was expected, but it showed yet again how poor we are at defending and gifted them 3 goals.  Its a regular theme this season gifting goals, players sent off, own goals, players not trying and poor ref decisions.  I thought he was poor yesterday, let a few dives off, gave fouls he shouldn't of give and I haven't a clue why Scocco was booked for trying to block the ball, Cattermole booking was given by the hull players. 

It isn't like Hull were hard to beat but they have beaten us 3 times this season and been tata, 2 players sent off, 1 player sent off after a couple of minutes and a missed penalty with 3 mistakes, I don't know what you are inferring but he did sign 3 of those players and gave them good contracts. ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:01:35 AM by kev »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: March 15, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
Palace at home 3.00 KO today.

If we lose today then looking at the rest of the fixtures we have left you would have to say we are gone or at the least the fat lass is warming her voice up.  I wish I could say with some confidence we won't lose but I can't, a draw isn't much good either.  Just a wait and see what happens.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: March 16, 2014, 01:43:19 AM »
0-0 draw not a lot of use just like the players really. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: March 22, 2014, 01:42:13 AM »
Away to Norwich today KO 3.00.  Looking at the remaining away fixtures you would have to say this will be our last opportunity to get points away from home, I know football doesn't always work out but we can't rely on points from elsewhere.  As usual what turns up is anyones guess.  Have a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: March 23, 2014, 01:35:20 AM »
Dire 2-0.  Joke of a 1st goal, poor defending for the 2nd again - But what a cracking goal by the lad.  Player sent off last minute again, old habits die hard  ;D

Not looking forward to Wednesday

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:05 AM »
Well Liverpool away tonight who are scoring for fun and playing very well at the minute.  It could get a tad embarrassing with our woeful defenders, but as we all know football is a funny old game as they say.  See how it plays out, I think I know the likely outcome.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: March 26, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
Well Liverpool away tonight who are scoring for fun and playing very well at the minute.  It could get a tad embarrassing with our woeful defenders, but as we all know football is a funny old game as they say.  See how it plays out, I think I know the likely outcome.

Let's hope you continue your abject form, Sunderland is one of those mid-table teams (along with Stoke and West Brom) who always give us fits for some reason.  Seems we finally got those other two monkeys off our backs this season.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: March 27, 2014, 12:28:15 AM »

Let's hope you continue your abject form, Sunderland is one of those mid-table teams (along with Stoke and West Brom) who always give us fits for some reason.  Seems we finally got those other two monkeys off our backs this season.

I wish.

Well nobody would of came up with that line up in the sweep.  Got off better than thought, very poor defending again.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: March 27, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »
I wish.

Well nobody would of came up with that line up in the sweep.  Got off better than thought, very poor defending again.

Liverpool made it much closer than it needed to be.  Poor finishing by Suarez and Sturridge along with greediness on both their parts... Suarez in particular went for goal when he could have set up Sturridge for a back post tap-in.  The late concession was disappointing, but overall a good performance for us.  Sunderland acquitted themselves well considering the place and opposition.  I'm hoping that you guys and Fulham don't get relegated, would much rather see WBA go... but that's up to you guys.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: March 31, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
2-1 off West Ham, that fat lass has put her warm up act on now.  Same old same old really.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 01, 2014, 08:44:37 AM »
Tough luck kev... sorry that your squad has led you and the other supporters down.  Barring a near miracle, looks like they'l be going down this year.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3795 on: April 01, 2014, 09:17:53 AM »
The team started losing steam and, instead of persisting until they picked up again, Gus started chopping and changing and being weird.

Unless their form is absolutely abysmal, there's no excuse for ever keeping Ki and Johnson on the subs bench. Those two and Borini are the only non-laborers available.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: April 07, 2014, 04:19:22 AM »
Tough luck kev... sorry that your squad has led you and the other supporters down.  Barring a near miracle, looks like they'l be going down this year.

No real shock tbh.  The weekend results make it even more probable.

Spurs away tonight so we will see.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: April 08, 2014, 03:48:40 AM »
Summed up the season really, there's not a lot can be said that hasn't been said before

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: April 12, 2014, 02:22:27 AM »
Everton at home today, thats OK we always get something out of Everton  ;)

Everything this week seems to about acceptance of our fate, but truth be told I think that happened a good few weeks ago within the club.

Hope everybody has a nice weekend.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 13, 2014, 04:42:35 AM »
It would be easier if you didn't score on yourselves.

:banginghead:

You were saying  ;D

1-0 and yes another own goal what can you say.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »
2 games in hand. Keep the faith, Kev  :beermug:

From a neutral point of view, it's a fascinating relegation battle. I don't think Villa are safe, so everyone from 14th to 20th is at risk

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: April 14, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »
2 games in hand. Keep the faith, Kev  :beermug:

From a neutral point of view, it's a fascinating relegation battle. I don't think Villa are safe, so everyone from 14th to 20th is at risk

Love the optimism our 3 games in hand were / are Liverpool (gone), Man City (wed) and Chelsea all away.  I will be astounded if we get anything, as you have no doubt perceived I have been resigned to our fate a long time, I think this is the 7th/8th time around lost count now.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »
Man City tonight, nice easy game then 3 points no bother  ;D

It could be a little messy.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:01 AM »
Crazy game thats football, gifted them a goal after 2 minutes and at the end (should of been handball imho), but been doing that all season.  Inbetween missed easy chances to get goals.  A below par City really and worrying for them poor at the back.  Another esay game at the weekend, Chelsea.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
as a chelsea fan I would like to sincerely thank you and your team for d assistance with City, saturday will be interesting given chelsea's inconsistent play over d past weeks......d bridge though is a fortress....somehow dem fellas will look like crap on the road but come to the bridge and tear all comers apart.....will wish yuh best of luck.....though grudgingly :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: April 19, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
Chelsea tonight 5.30, we will just have to wait and see what happens because I haven't a clue tbh.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: April 19, 2014, 05:27:24 AM »
Chelsea tonight 5.30, we will just have to wait and see what happens because I haven't a clue tbh.

Chelsea dropping points would do nicely...  :beermug: :praying:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
Talk about a glorious Saturday!  ;D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: April 20, 2014, 12:36:02 AM »
Crazy game it surely is, you would of got very long odds for us to get 4 points from the last 2 games and if anybody had of told me that I would of said keep taking the tablets.  I accepted our fate a long time ago, I am not changing that now. 

We rode our luck a bit, the penalty will be argued about but it was one of those that sometimes you get sometimes not and can understand why it was given.  The elbow was blatant by Ramires and Chelsea should of been down to 10 men in the 1st half, it was right in front of the ref so either he didn't see it or didn't do anything about it we will find out in due course.  Broke Chelsea record to add insult to injury, I love football.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: April 20, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »
Happy for you kev.

1]; } ?>