April 16, 2024, 05:35:46 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 605914 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #3930 on: May 24, 2015, 12:05:16 AM »
Chelsea away today with both teams on holiday / on the piss.  Our lot have never needed an excuse to down tools even when it did matter.   ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: May 24, 2015, 07:12:51 AM »
Chelsea away today with both teams on holiday / on the piss.  Our lot have never needed an excuse to down tools even when it did matter.   ;D

I was just talking to an old colleague of mine in England. Mad Chelsea supporter. He arranged for me to take a young lad to Chelsea vs Sunderland 7 years ago. He messaged to wish Central luck vs Connection today. He's going to the game today and I pointed out that we will both be cheering CFC vs one of Kenwyne Jones old clubs!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: May 25, 2015, 01:34:13 AM »
Well another end to the season, actually played better than I thought they would, but no surprise in the result.

The club have offered Dick the job, but his wife wanted him to retire home and it was only for the rest of the season when he took it.  He has gone away to talk it over with his family and we will find out this week.  Good luck to him whatever he decides, if he takes it he will need it.

This should be a big summer, but so should of the last 2, whether it will happen remains to be seen, keep buying bog standard squad players and fiddling at the edges and yet another season of struggle and dreary football awaits.  I am getting too old for this tata.

Hope everybody has a good summer and see you next season, hopefully a bit more time on my hands so I can read the board a bit more.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: May 27, 2015, 04:56:56 PM »
Well another end to the season, actually played better than I thought they would, but no surprise in the result.

The club have offered Dick the job, but his wife wanted him to retire home and it was only for the rest of the season when he took it.  He has gone away to talk it over with his family and we will find out this week.  Good luck to him whatever he decides, if he takes it he will need it.

This should be a big summer, but so should of the last 2, whether it will happen remains to be seen, keep buying bog standard squad players and fiddling at the edges and yet another season of struggle and dreary football awaits.  I am getting too old for this tata.

Hope everybody has a good summer and see you next season, hopefully a bit more time on my hands so I can read the board a bit more.

He's leaving. Wise decision.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: August 08, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »
Well bad penny time  ;)

Hope everyone is well and had a good summer.

Advocaat had a change of heart and is here for another year, so here's hoping, but we might be looking for his replacement around the usual time  ;D

Again we haven't done enough in the transfer window (so far) in terms of both quantity and quality.  Matthews is a young(ish) full back from Scotland who needs to improve if to make his mark, not that hard to make it into the team imho.
Coates made his loan permanent, I don't particularly rate him but fits into slow lumbering mould of our other CB's.
Lens looks a good player but will need to adjust but is a decent signing.
Just signed M'Vila on loan for a year, who was / is a good player but seems to have off field issues so have to wait and see how that pans out.
Sold Wickham, no big loss really but needs replacing.

Leicester away today @ 3.00 who have a new manager, we haven't had a good preseason so just have to see what happens. 

As things stand in for another stressful year.  Onwards and upwards.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: August 08, 2015, 04:04:52 AM »
All the best to the team this season Kev. Your time will come again, bro. Thanks for your faithful updates.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: August 08, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »
Not this again!  ::)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: August 08, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »
They look in solid mid-season form.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: August 08, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
Good cur arse
Jumbie all these teams:Stoke Sunderland Southhampton Bournemouth

Bring back KJ - or else the jumbie on all your arse all season lol

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: August 08, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »
Good cur arse

OK I know Tata WTF jumbie - curse? If so we could do with some Vodoo  ;D

KJ can't move anywhere in England, won't get a work permit, I think

Another good Saturday ruined, at least its consistent. 

Defending was a joke, forgot we also added Kaboul, who was OK but rumours about injuries affecting him looked true off yesterdays performance but he did not look fit to me or at least hope not.  If he is see Coates above.

Behave man, you know the score  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:48:50 PM by kev »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: August 09, 2015, 03:47:36 AM »
Good cur arse

Defending was a joke, forgot we also added Kaboul, who was OK but rumours about injuries affecting him looked true off yesterdays performance but he did not look fit to me or at least hope not.  If he is see Coates above.

i hope you know that these guys are joking, it's how trinis get their kiks. i feel for you mate being huge saddlers supporter myself for many years and felt the pain of the promotion and relegation and hoping for top flight football which never happened in my life time. at least you makems had the pleasure of playing in the premiere league. good luck to you this season you will need it.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: August 15, 2015, 12:18:25 AM »
Good cur arse

i hope you know that these guys are joking, it's how trinis get their kiks. i feel for you mate being huge saddlers supporter myself for many years and felt the pain of the promotion and relegation and hoping for top flight football which never happened in my life time. at least you makems had the pleasure of playing in the premiere league. good luck to you this season you will need it.

No I am very upset, everyone knows how sensitive I am.

Norwich at home today, M'Vila may play given last weeks performances (if you could call it that).  As mentioned above he has a demon or two and played in the U21 game and got sent off for a headbutt, so should make an interesting watch if he does start. 
The same goes as usual not a clue what is going to happen and no expectation so wait and see.  No new players and 2 weeks left.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: August 15, 2015, 09:48:24 AM »
The canaries are devouring the black cats at present. What irony!
 :praying: Please let this be the year!!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: August 16, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »

You nasty man.

It should of been year before last and last year, can't keep doing it luck will run out.  Interestingly gallows humour has started already between fans, which is not the best sign 2 games in.  M'Vila did OK.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: August 17, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »

You nasty man.

It should of been year before last and last year, can't keep doing it luck will run out.  Interestingly gallows humour has started already between fans, which is not the best sign 2 games in.  M'Vila did OK.

:rotfl:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: August 22, 2015, 12:37:07 AM »
Swansea at home today, which could well be fun.

A week and a bit left of the transfer window and Advocaat isn't a happy bunny, very big week, wouldn't be surprised if nothing forthcoming Advocaat will be gone in the short term.  Wouldn't blame the lad either.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: August 22, 2015, 02:39:12 AM »
Dick Advocaat tells Sunderland players they are all for sale
By Louise Taylor (The Guardian, UK).

• Sunderland manager says club is already facing relegation fight
• Advocaat says Jermain Defoe will not play as centre-forward

After saying every senior Sunderland player is available for sale Dick Advocaat declined invitations to confirm he intends to see out his one-year contract.

“I don’t want to discuss that now,” he said. “It’s not an issue, we’re concentrating on the Swansea game.” Even so, it is clear he is not exactly thrilled with a side tthat have conceded seven goals in two games. “Every player is for sale,” said a man already braced for a relegation battle. “If the player wants to go then he can go.”

He hopes any departures would fund new arrivals. ”I have definitely said to our owner [Ellis Short] we needed five or six new players,” he said. “He says we have four or five [already]. But I said we need quality players. You always get what you pay for. But I have to be fair to the owner; he never mentioned a figure to me.

“We can compete to stay in the league, but no more. Financially, at the moment we can’t compete with other clubs.” Asked if Sunderland faced a relegation fight, he said: “Yes, the problem is that all the other teams are spending fortunes, and we cannot.”

Sunderland’s manager also made it plain Jermain Defoe will not be offered a central attacking role: “Jermain Defoe will play on the left or the right side – or on the bench. Nobody can tell me where he has to play. I decide which player plays where, not players.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:05 AM »
Swansea at home today, which could well be fun.

A week and a bit left of the transfer window and Advocaat isn't a happy bunny, very big week, wouldn't be surprised if nothing forthcoming Advocaat will be gone in the short term.  Wouldn't blame the lad either.

Have a nice weekend.

History has a habit of repeating itself – but rarely with the debilitating frequency experienced at Sunderland. The cycle goes like this: the team struggles to the point where relegation seems inevitable, the manager is sacked, a replacement parachuted in and the Championship somehow averted. Shortly afterwards, the players regress into bad habits and what has become an alarmingly recurring theme continues.

Martin O’Neill, Paolo Di Canio and Gus Poyet have all fallen victim to the syndrome and now even Dick Advocaat is experiencing it. The difference today is that, unless things change radically, the 67-year-old former Holland coach is unlikely to hang around waiting to be dismissed a few months down the line.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/16/sunderland-dick-advocaat-cannot-go-on-norwich-city

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: August 23, 2015, 12:02:25 AM »
Well a point is more than I expected tbh.  The players put in some effort at least, which was different from the 1st 2.  Carried a bit of luck but its a start.  League Cup against Exeter during the week expect a much changed team.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: August 29, 2015, 12:17:59 AM »
Villa away today as usual not a clue, however Villa have a bug in the dressing room so might have a few players missing and / or playing under the weather.  WE have signed some Swede on loan for the season yesterday.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: August 30, 2015, 02:39:05 AM »
2-2 draw which was fair enough probably, open game teh new boys were the best performers so another welcome and surprised point.  Have a nice weekend

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 13, 2015, 12:45:54 AM »
Spurs at home today @ 1.30.  Just have to wait and see what happens.  In the last week of the transfer window we "resigned" Borini on a permanent from Liverpool and Yedlin on loan from Spurs, we desperately need a half decent fullback on each side but know nothing about him, having said that he wouldn't have to be much cop to be better than we already have.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 13, 2015, 07:23:28 PM »
I'm tempted to feel sorry for this group especially after this loss... But the last time I felt sorry they avoided being relegated.... So keep it up guys  ;D
At least you have a chance of catching Chelsea  :o
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:26:01 PM by de_redman »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: September 13, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »
A 1-0 defeat, but we will play worse and get points.  A better game to watch than the score suggests and a draw would of been a fair result, we hit the post (should of scored) and the bar.  Defence still a big worry, much better going forward and playing with a quicker tempo.  Still a long old season ahead.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: September 19, 2015, 01:37:11 AM »
Bournemouth away today, it will be interesting to see if the improvement last week is maintained, I wish I knew the answer.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 19, 2015, 10:19:54 AM »
Bournemouth away today, it will be interesting to see if the improvement last week is maintained, I wish I knew the answer.

Brace for it kev, relegation seems likely.  That display today was horrid.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: September 20, 2015, 01:14:41 AM »
 :busshead: :busshead: Least said soonest mender about sums that up, I think  :busshead: :busshead:

Brace for it kev, relegation seems likely.  That display today was horrid.

I have been braced for it the past 3 seasons, I honestly don't know how we are still here.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 26, 2015, 12:11:12 AM »
Nice easy one today Manu away, no problem with the superb form we are showing  ;D

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: October 03, 2015, 12:50:22 AM »
Senior moment and forgot to update last week, 3-0 wasn't a big surprise, but can't say anything as didn't get a chance to watch it and didn't bother with MOTD.

At home to West Am today @ 3.00.  We shall see.

There is a very strong rumour that irrelevant of the result Advocatt is gone after today, no big shock, it would of been/ will be a much bigger shock if he gets through the season, never going to happen!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: October 04, 2015, 01:56:10 AM »
A draw from a game we should of easily won by half time.  2 week break and highly probable change of manager so we shall see what the next act in the farce.  Of farce a special mention for the ref who made some terrible decisions mostly against us. (Lens 2 yellows not being any of them)

1]; } ?>