March 29, 2024, 01:42:15 AM

Author Topic: De real problem...  (Read 2315 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De real problem...
« on: July 14, 2005, 02:08:43 PM »
A topic was brought up by a forumite on the Warriors being to old and maybe younger players were needed. Well I took some time to look at the Goal Cup team rosters and this is what I found:

Trinidad
No. of player-23    Local- 7     Overseas- 15    No status-1    Average Age- 27

USA
No. of players- 23     Local-15     Overseas-8    No status- 0    Average Age- 27.2

Jamaica
No. of player-23     Local-15      Overseas-7    No status-1    Average Age-25

Mexico
No. of players-23    Local-23      Overseas-0    No status-0    Average Age-25.4 (2 dates missing)

Panama
No. of players-23    Local- 14     Overseas-7    No status-2    Average Age- 28.1 (4 dates missing)

Costa Rica
No. of players-23     Local-20      Overseas-3    No status-0    Average Age-26.5 (1 date missing)

Guatemal
No of players-23    Local-21      Overseas-2    No status-0    Average Age-25.1 (1 date missing)

Honduras
No. of players-20     Local- 12     Overseas-2    No status-6   

Cuba
No. of players-20     Local-20      Overseas-0    No status-0   

Canada
No. of players-22     Local- 14     Overseas-8    No status-0   

From the look of things I think the problem might not be with the age of the players but possibly the number of overseas players (17 to 6 locals) we have on the team. Maybe the large number of overseas players and their different styles and attitudes hinder the team dynamics. The Strike Squad... our best team to date, had mostly home grown players and look at the success they amassed. We should also take note of the players that make up the other teams in the GC and their teams' success.
I am not saying that we should neglect our overseas players, because they bring their international experince which is vital, but the core structure of the team should be at home. Beenie should invite the top goal scores and defenders from our home league to train with the team as was suggested by forumites on this site. If that does not yeild good results we should do our best to encourage, support and mentor our youth to elevate their game for the success of future teams. I am open to suggestions on how this can be accomplished.
Another problem which was previously discussed on this website that needs to be addressed is de atrocious passing and trapping. These are basic skills that any international team must possess soundly. Well Beenie if yuh eh see dat yuh need glasses...

Warrior 4 life!

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: De real problem...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:11:48 PM »
Check them stats again....we have 3 no status players, Scotland ent have work permit, Shaka ent sign yet and Rahim huntin.

Also the best local based TT squad get licks from N.E stars so consider that.

Beenhakker is a short cut method to make WC.

If we want a local squad like Mexico and Costarica we talking a 6 year development plan. But our PFL cannot sustain our best talent.

Mexico have money which is why their players home.

Our best will get offers and they will leave, so until our pfl is strong enough to keep the best players at home we will continue to have a team of foreign based thrown together 3 days before a match.

What we have to do is exploit the system, let the best talent go abroad at a earlier age, get their training methods and experience as we cannot provide it and churn out 11 Bomb squad players.

When we call back 11 men it should be 11 EPL Premiership players or men playing in the top leagues in any country. No mls, second div, third div etc.

We have too much problems in TT football to try and fix everything, the best bet is the shortcut method and due to the kind draw, it is possible.

We only have to beat Guatemala, Panama and draw with Costa rica to make the WC. How much easier can you get........if we cannot do this task then we doe deserve to go nowhere.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 02:25:57 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:16:35 PM »
True dat touches, is 15 and 3. Stats were taken from http://www.us.terra.com/goldcup2005/equipos.html
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 02:24:21 PM by Fire Brand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 02:23:26 PM »
If dat is de real problem, then do one for brazil!  ;D

fill in de blanks

BRAZIL

No of players - ____

Local - ____

Overseas - ____

;D Just causing mischief! ;D
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 02:38:48 PM »
Also the best local based TT squad get licks from N.E stars so consider that.

If we want a local squad like Mexico and Costarica we talking a 6 year development plan. But our PFL cannot sustain our best talent.

Mexico have money which is why their players home.

Our best will get offers and they will leave, so until our pfl is strong enough to keep the best players at home we will continue to have a team of foreign based thrown together 3 days before a match.

Touches,

What would you say about Jamaica's local squad... how come they are able to compete? How come our local teams are competitive with Jamaica's local teams?
That NE Stars game is deceptive... the locals hadn't been training for long... they did not even get a chance to play several games together on the trot, because the foreign base come and take they place... The Shell Cup games deceptive too... because goats like Nigel Pierre who cannot even make a Jabloteh bench was called to tha side... I think there is something in an all local team... they should be training and playing games against PFL and caribbean opposition every 2 to 3 weeks to keep them sharp and build a team... in (a short) time I am sure they can beat our pros... however your next point comes in to play ... the best would just keep getting siphon off to play abroad... but this is where an opportunity for ah next man comes up... ah man get a contract.. call de next most promising youth man and let him fall in one time... How hard is that to do?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 02:41:39 PM »
The real problem is development. We have no replacement players or so it seems. The best of the PFl aint good enough if we have to by Cyd gray and theobold.

As touches said we need a plan, a long term plan, something JW seems incapable of setting up. If that is the case then crapaud smoke we pipe.

Our local coaches are incompetent know-it-alls. Look at the the PFL and the coaches who have won in recent times......English, St lucian and Guyanese. My theory is that we dont produce good coaches because we an indisciplined people.

The two most prominent Trinbagonian coaches were disciplinarians, Gally and BSC. Recently there was a piece of trivia on espn. They wanted to know what did all the super bowl winning coaches have in common. They were tough disciplinarian, educated and most if not all had an armed services background. Gally and BSC qualify for the first and only Gally qualifies for the second....because playing at the highest level for a sustained period of time is an alternative form of education.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »
Yuh still takin' pot shots at de man sub. He's out of "our" football life forever. Laard. hahahaha. Try this exercise ... sit comfortably, and breathe deeply ;D

With respect to the plan, I'm hopeful that the lead that the TD has taken, would be supported. Is Stuart Charles a natralized Trini? He's been is TTsince his teenage years. ent? :-\
Live large and prosper!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
De problem is the standard of the PFL.  No disrespect, but with the exception of about two teams, the others is barrel wash.  How de hell yuh could have ah PFL team failing to show up for so many matches last season like Tobago United.  Dat alone telling yuh the organization of the league. Ah keep saying, training for two hours a day will not cut it. Ah know we have pro teams home that doing dat.  The pro teams home need to send their staff abroad to benchmark the structure of the best teams in Europe and South America--from the youth level all the way up.  We need to adapt the best practices of these clubs to our local league.  We stagnant.  We only pro in name right now.  How many of the teams looking to acquire their own facilities and establish academies--none.  W Connection and Jabloteh seem to be the only clubs that churning out decent players.  What happen to the rest of the teams?    Remember, players spend more time with their clubs than national teams. When they come home or go to their national teams, there is not much time for conditioning and player development; it is assumed that they would be up to that level, hence their national selection.  Sorry to say, we not up to the level because club football at home is not up to par.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 02:57:48 PM »
Yuh still takin' pot shots at de man sub. He's out of "our" football life forever. Laard. hahahaha. Try this exercise ... sit comfortably, and breathe deeply ;D

With respect to the plan, I'm hopeful that the lead that the TD has taken, would be supported. Is Stuart Charles a natralized Trini? He's been is TTsince his teenage years. ent? :-\

Doc if you read what i write carefully you would see that the potshots I take is at our society and the people we enable. Both you and I have to take responsibility for that. If what i wrote was wrong point it out. If right, then we should not be doing anything else but looking for ways to improve our society. Dont leave nail heads sticking out. You might get hurt :)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 03:03:09 PM »
They did well because they have more heart and are hungry for the success.

We have underperforming starboys. ???

FF.yes they having a good tournament and playing a nice brand of ball, but 3 good games does not equate success.
I am happy for them and I wish them well in this tournament.

Let me share with you a lil something from my studies..........

So why, in so many places, has the path of development so often sloped downward?(Economics here but it can be equated to football)

Historically, the poor fortune of resource-rich countries was attributed to sloth. As the 16th-century French political philosopher Jean Bodin put it: ''Men of a fat and fertile soil are most commonly effeminate and cowards; whereas contrariwise a barren country makes men temperate by necessity, and by consequence careful, vigilant and industrious.''

That fellow forumites is the difference between "us" and "them"

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 03:07:38 PM »
Doc if you read what i write carefully you would see that the potshots I take is at our society and the people we enable. Both you and I have to take responsibility for that. If what i wrote was wrong point it out. If right, then we should not be doing anything else but looking for ways to improve our society. Dont leave nail heads sticking out. You might get hurt :)
Ah feel even if ah search, ah won't find dat meanin' ... ah might just hurt mih head ;D. Ah really lookin for a way to make a difference myself, so if yuh arrive at an ideal approach, I'd be delighted to follow your lead bro'. The ideas are more appealing to me than the personalities ... hahahaha
Live large and prosper!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 03:36:23 PM »
Ah feel even if ah search, ah won't find dat meanin' ... ah might just hurt mih head ;D. Ah really lookin for a way to make a difference myself, so if yuh arrive at an ideal approach, I'd be delighted to follow your lead bro'. The ideas are more appealing to me than the personalities ... hahahaha

When you drive a nail make sure you leave nothing sticking out.

1]; } ?>