April 19, 2024, 12:08:48 PM

Author Topic: Densill under pressure.  (Read 18163 times)

truetrini

Re: Densill under pressure.
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »
allyuh remember when we had to lay de usa in de world cup qualifiers? and dem was strinking, abd dey force de USSF to make dem ah better offer?  so why we players have to stop dey action?

f**k jack and dem, dey only sucking blood.

coops we having dis prblem because dis man so powerful!  He sucking we dry!  he only care abut he and he family and he pack ah panty man who smelling he jock strap everytime he take it off.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 02:24:29 PM »
comrads  thanks for responding to my post since tallman made it that clear, can that be part of the socawarriors supporters group or it have to a separate entity ,because i believe we take more interest in what iz going on wid our national playerz than anybody else.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »
Man talkin bout 2010 great we all want them to qualify but I hope the boom continue till then so the  gov't good give dem the million because Jack eh go give them no money no seen. All we  want is to go WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »
This topic has been on here so many times in different forms and ppl keep repeating the same things,nothing is being done and nothing will ever be done because diplomacy will never work with the TTFF,anything you do they going to win,even if you stop playing Football or ppl stop going to Football,Football is part of our culture stopping this game is a crime.What beats me is that we have the second most powerfull man in Football in the World and we have more problems than St Vincent,Grenada etc etc

Until the day that someone or someone's actually have de BALLS to make a stand and stay de course, of course nutting will change.

We do NOT have a culture of such behaviopur and as such, people like Jack warner will continue to do dey do, frankomeh in people face, and people will repeat de same mantra bout "nutting or nobody bigger dan T&T football" while colleckin copious amounta wood in dey backside and smilin while dey takin it.

It have much much bigger issues to deal with but for the most part, people really only interested in dem own entertainment under de guise of "patriotism".  To ass was with whoever willing to make a stand.  Not even if is de same people who less than a year ago yuh was exaltin to de highest high.

All de while, de people who been quite frankly shovin it up de players, de fans, de govt, and corporate T&T collective asses....in other words...ALL A WE...continue to do so with impunity because any attempt at accountability, justice, fairness, or plain ole decency is rebuffed and we all fall for the same tactics.

"Is time to give de youth a chance"

"We go be stronger fuh 2010"

"Leh we expose de locals"

"Dem man make dem $$ arready....let de local eat a food"

In de meantime, few tryin to improve de local game.

No development takin place

U 17's have qualifyin and not a peep bout trainin

U 20's train for 2 weeks before a tournament and expect to get results

De same Digicel squad do de same.

It have people here go say I is a hater fuh makin dis post.  How I doh care bout T&T football.  Qualifyin fuh WC2010 is all dat matter and I jes fightin down de "progress" bein made.  So be it.

Dey say de definition of insanity is continuin to make de same mistakes over and over again...

And expeckin different results each time.

Dat particularly apt in we situation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:17:53 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 04:13:54 PM »
In 1989, Jack sell out two stadiums for one game, QPO and the National Stad. and claimed he eh make no money.

The players had one exhibition, they got rid of Gally. No attempt was made to capitalize on the momentum of the SQ.

Now, the players are asking to see simple Debits and Credits.

The sad part if, if this goes all the way and they win, what about those who didn't join the suit, will they be entitled to the same money.

This MUST be pursued. Or the routine will continue every time. Players must set a precedent. If they lacke the time and acumen to get the job done, then hire professionals.

Getting proper legal counsel is step one.

Setting up a proper Player's Union ala the WIPA, is the way to go.
There are many ex national footballes/athletes, who can work with ex footballers to direct this.

I believe C. Morris has a Master's Degree in Marketing. Let him run it with an advisory board of three ex players and three present players. (Of course if not Morris, someone just as qualified) Gally, Linconl, B. Williams...........Sancho, Shaka and Nakhid.

However, those in the TTFF employ, may not be eligible, eg. M. Fausting and B. Williams. But you get my drift.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:24 PM »
The players are asking for an investigation into the accounting that resulted in them receiving very little money from the revenue generated in the WC.

I cannot see why we as fans and fellow players have a problem with that?

A verbal contract is as legal as a written contract , so this argument about getting it in writing is a red herring. ( A written contract probably exists, see Filo's post)

This issue has degenerated into a foreign vs local player issue.

We have fallen into the TTFF's trap of divide and rule. Grown men putting up they hands and acquiescing to a lil pressure. The TTFF has no leverage without the support of the players or the fans. Take one of these factors out of the equation and the TTFF lose.

If we really want to see an improvement in our circumstance we must be prepared to sacrifice.
Either the players unite and withdraw their services or we the fans stay home.

As the saying goes united we stand , divided we fall.

We have a simple choice.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
I waiting a li'l while to post, listening carefully, before I start blasting away with meh automatic. Decent point TNP.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:56:23 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

truetrini

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2007, 06:30:24 PM »
The players are asking for an investigation into the accounting that resulted in them receiving very little money from the revenue generated in the WC.

I cannot see why we as fans and fellow players have a problem with that?

A verbal contract is as legal as a written contract , so this argument about getting it in writing is a red herring. ( A written contract probably exists, see Filo's post)

This issue has degenerated into a foreign vs local player issue.

We have fallen into the TTFF's trap of divide and rule. Grown men putting up they hands and acquiescing to a lil pressure. The TTFF has no leverage without the support of the players or the fans. Take one of these factors out of the equation and the TTFF lose.

If we really want to see an improvement in our circumstance we must be prepared to sacrifice.
Either the players unite and withdraw their services or we the fans stay home.

As the saying goes united we stand , divided we fall.

We have a simple choice.

I agree with yuh eh, but a verbal contract while legal, is hard to prove and is oftentimes unenforceable, especially when one party fails to execute.  The court has great difficulty i ascertaing the truth, unless there are meails, documents and letters.

Jack hoodwinked the players during a feel good period and thats it.

He reneged and has the upper hand....unless one or all players actually wrote the TTFF/Jak arner confirming the details of the contract (verbal) thus providing the court with some reasonableness.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »
I hope densill doesnt play he should not play this game or any other game until things are straighten out.. Do not play densill!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
The Trinidad Guardian
Friday 7th April, 2006

Soca Warriors sign World Cup contracts

UK-based members of the T&T National Senior team met with the management of the Soca Warriors in Manchester last week to discuss and finalize the terms of contract for the 2006 World Cup.

Manager Bruce Aanensen met with the core of players including captain Dwight Yorke where several issues were discussed including the upcoming schedule of events leading up to the World Cup as well as the run of events in T&T when the team assembles on May 7 for the match against Peru.

Among the items addressed in the contract are appearance fees and bonuses, daily per diem, image rights and the conditions of financial allocations to the players fund from sponsorships and other contributions.

The specifics of the code of conduct was also agreed upon.

Aanensen explained that regarding the image rights of the players, it was negotiated and agreed by the players that any image used by a sponsor or promoter in which six or more players appear, the image is property of the T&TFF.

But for any image with less than six players, the rights belong to the players and their permission is required before these images can be used.

Additionally, all commercial value arising from this use of image, goes to the players fund.

In the event of a player’s image being used, outside of the team, or if a player is involved in a promotion outside of a team activity whether it be with his club or other private arrangement, then all commercial value from this belongs to the sole individual.

“Everyone was cooperative and professional, and while the meeting lasted several hours, we had the opportunity to discuss all issues on the agenda prepared in conjunction with the players and everyone expressed satisfaction with the outcome of the meeting, Aanensen said.

“The end result of the meeting means that the players will not have any contractual issues on their minds and they can prepare to go into the World Cup and the other activities around it, with a total focus on the job at hand.

Players based locally also met with Aanensen this week and those based in the United States will have their contracts finalised early next week.

The players who have signed contracts but are not selected by Head coach Leo Beenhakker will automatically be released from the contract once the coach has announced his squad of 23 players, which has to be done before the FIFA deadline of 15th May 2006.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
wha Tantine used to say ?
"Who doh hear...."
N-e-how ...like Los suggested.....
"we could win ah Gold Cup, and South Ah free ka boyeee....an Whim...an Beenie...and chupidee...an doh know Football...and nuh reallly Trini...and who more Trini...and masters ah d caribbean....and ah kinda, sorta misdirected concerns....
but since dis site, an few was crying shame....buh majority didn't wha hear...an football dis...an football dat....an Gold cup, and is World cup or bust...an we go be on the football world map...and all kinda contract for we boys.....an Kings ah de Caribbean
Hear, hear,  is not ah #$#$% football problem.....an we vex again, til Gold cuP again...and 2010 boy...bring back Beenie...an Simoes...

WE HAVE A BIGGER PROBLEM DAN FOOTBALL....If WE doh fix it it would mess up Everything...INCLUDING the football...Many only seein the effect on the football...

Sorry eh...ah jus ranting....ah not yellin at nobody, jus upset over my inability to help treat the illness....the cancer

ps: doh mean to take away from the "whole lotta talk"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »

denzil doh study den nah, game in hand and then make a sound decsion..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2007, 10:22:48 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:52:03 AM by Tallman »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »
I cannot understand why the big businesses who put their money into the Soca Warriors not calling for the books, or voicing their disapproval of how things are being done with their monies. Apparently they just want to say they supported the team at the time. If they all pull out of supporting the TTFF, would it not make a big impact?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
This topic has been on here so many times in different forms and ppl keep repeating the same things,nothing is being done and nothing will ever be done because diplomacy will never work with the TTFF,anything you do they going to win,even if you stop playing Football or ppl stop going to Football,Football is part of our culture stopping this game is a crime.What beats me is that we have the second most powerfull man in Football in the World and we have more problems than St Vincent,Grenada etc etc

Until the day that someone or someone's actually have de BALLS to make a stand and stay de course, of course nutting will change.

We do NOT have a culture of such behaviopur and as such, people like Jack warner will continue to do dey do, frankomeh in people face, and people will repeat de same mantra bout "nutting or nobody bigger dan T&T football" while colleckin copious amounta wood in dey backside and smilin while dey takin it.

It have much much bigger issues to deal with but for the most part, people really only interested in dem own entertainment under de guise of "patriotism".  To ass was with whoever willing to make a stand.  Not even if is de same people who less than a year ago yuh was exaltin to de highest high.

All de while, de people who been quite frankly shovin it up de players, de fans, de govt, and corporate T&T collective asses....in other words...ALL A WE...continue to do so with impunity because any attempt at accountability, justice, fairness, or plain ole decency is rebuffed and we all fall for the same tactics.

"Is time to give de youth a chance"

"We go be stronger fuh 2010"

"Leh we expose de locals"

"Dem man make dem $$ arready....let de local eat a food"

In de meantime, few tryin to improve de local game.

No development takin place

U 17's have qualifyin and not a peep bout trainin

U 20's train for 2 weeks before a tournament and expect to get results

De same Digicel squad do de same.

It have people here go say I is a hater fuh makin dis post.  How I doh care bout T&T football.  Qualifyin fuh WC2010 is all dat matter and I jes fightin down de "progress" bein made.  So be it.

Dey say de definition of insanity is continuin to make de same mistakes over and over again...

And expeckin different results each time.

Dat particularly apt in we situation.

Palos i know we have agree to disagree on many issues but we always maintain our respect for each other,having said that i want to say this is one of the best posts you have written,i don't think ppl should look at what anyone said because they don't agree that means they hateing,be open and we will see where each other coming from.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2007, 02:19:10 PM »
palos and coops both of allyuh right...the fine line of what really separating what you all saying is that something need to be done yes, definitely, but right now nobody want it too look like men fighting down a small change that they really don't need.  Jack ent play he brlliant nah!?! He plant that little seed of doubt that some people could say - but them players making big money in europe and the money going towards 2010 and the local youths anyway...what they fighting de local youths for (totally forget or never mention exactly how much I siphone off for myself)....so players have to wonder  - is this the right time and cause to jump on and stand up for we rights....maybe we should wait for the right time.  is a good thing WIPA had the sact same thing went on so both sides could learn from that.  Hopefully the media highlight it like it should.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2007, 03:39:56 PM »
palos and coops both of allyuh right...the fine line of what really separating what you all saying is that something need to be done yes, definitely, but right now nobody want it too look like men fighting down a small change that they really don't need.  Jack ent play he brlliant nah!?! He plant that little seed of doubt that some people could say - but them players making big money in europe and the money going towards 2010 and the local youths anyway...what they fighting de local youths for (totally forget or never mention exactly how much I siphone off for myself)....so players have to wonder  is this the right time and cause to jump on and stand up for we rights....maybe we should wait for the right time. is a good thing WIPA had the sact same thing went on so both sides could learn from that.  Hopefully the media highlight it like it should.

At some point the players have to take a stand and say enough is enough. If not now when ? There will never be a perfect situation or time to fight injustice....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2007, 06:12:33 AM »
palos and coops both of allyuh right...the fine line of what really separating what you all saying is that something need to be done yes, definitely, but right now nobody want it too look like men fighting down a small change that they really don't need.  Jack ent play he brlliant nah!?! He plant that little seed of doubt that some people could say - but them players making big money in europe and the money going towards 2010 and the local youths anyway...what they fighting de local youths for (totally forget or never mention exactly how much I siphone off for myself)....so players have to wonder  - is this the right time and cause to jump on and stand up for we rights....maybe we should wait for the right time.  is a good thing WIPA had the sact same thing went on so both sides could learn from that.  Hopefully the media highlight it like it should.

Yuh mean Lasana Liburd.....he is de only man in media dat seems to have de balls to call it like he see it.....yuh probably know all dis stuff already, but read (or re-read) Dreamers posts on the Cancer that is Jack Warner...if it had 1000 Lasana Liburd's here in dis country we would have a better place to live....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
What about a public protest against the TTFF and Jack Warner. The locals could protest outside the LOC in town, the TTFF at Kantac plaza in Arouca, Fans in Florida could meet up and organise a place of protest, so to fans in NYC and Canada, all simultaneously. By bringing as much attention to this injustice may force the hands of the TTFF. We never know.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2007, 01:03:19 PM »
What about a public protest against the TTFF and Jack Warner. The locals could protest outside the LOC in town, the TTFF at Kantac plaza in Arouca, Fans in Florida could meet up and organise a place of protest, so to fans in NYC and Canada, all simultaneously. By bringing as much attention to this injustice may force the hands of the TTFF. We never know.

good idea, but is carnival time and man go rather line up outside girl power and insomnia before dey protest outside LOC....
If you get the local artiste like maximus and bunji to make de public, especially the youths, aware of what going down, people may start to take notice. :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »
Yuh on to something there futbolfan. Maximus and Bunji..........Wheyyyys! Daiz trouble. Real trouble.
Already Cro Cro has a song about Jack Warner for this season. Something is happening.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
But it has to continue to happen dreamer. It cyah just be a one and done. De calypsos is not a bad idea. But also for dose dat doh want to not support de team when dey playing, how about allyuh walk with a sign saying "Pay de World Cup players!!" And hold it up big and bold fuh all to see even as yuh chanting "T&T we want a goal".

Somebody talk bout de media but the media will react to the people. If people writing the papers and calling the radio and tv stations CONSTANTLY then the media will have to choice but to address the issue. And if this continues long enough then maybe FIFA will have to look into Jackula's dealings again. And maybe, just maybe this time they might say enough is enough.

But one thing doh. We have to make sure that an acceptable alternative is in place to takeover from Jackula if we manage to get him out. Because if he leave and is one ah he pardnas that replace him, well...
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »
Yeah Mose,

We going through a confidence building phase right now. Most of us are afraid of Jackula and feel paralyzed by his intimidating power and his apparent historical untouchability. When you are made to think that you are a rare irrelevant voice concerned about him and the TTFF, then you feel timid at first and endulge in alot of denial.

But when there seems to be developing a new sense of a pack,.... then a crowd,......then a potent article from somebody like a Lasana,....... then validation by previously silent commentators,......then thousands jumping to the infectious crowd-psychology whipping-up by Blue, Bunji, Maximus as they wave to a new "Jackula" kaiso,....... then, as predicted, a suddenly suprised sounding editorial contribution by the mysteriously quiet dailes will appear,.....then a typical domino set of events will take place in the country as people compete for the financial benefit of being on that bandwaggon to address the Jackula Syndrome. Money and influential lobby power follows a cause after the cause takes time to germinate and sink in and spread. Right now this cause is still an embryo so if yuh looking for results today, sorry to disappoint you.

When Latas,Yorke, Sancho, Tallest, Jack, Glen and de rest see the gathering storm and realize that there is no turning back, then yuh go hear from them. Then, next will be the coaches, when people like them begin to feel that enough numbers, then present, makes them persecution-proof. Jackula will try to pass some good dullahs to some coaches and popular spokesmen to derail things but doh worry. He will then threaten, like a classic manipulator, to "wash his hands" of T&T football and go "farin" where he is properly appreciated, loved and given garlands, hoping that we say: "Please Uncle Jackula, we sorry, we now realize how much we took you for granted.....doh go nah Uncle ....without you we jess doh know what to do  :nailbiting:

Steuuppsss.  Look, there are great people like Lincoln and many true patriots in local and foreign exile just waiting for the dictator to fall so that they can try to contribute in leadership. It is true that Jackula, Grodent and Scamps are plotting counter strategy all now. They are doing their research and are going to tighten the noose around Denzil's, Gray's and Whitley's neck, and through Joe Public, try to use Glasgow and others. They must be contacted and told that emotional and financial backing is on the way and that their sacrifice will be shared and a better day is coming. The players' union is a serious matter. Also needed maybe is a fans' footballer fund.

In the meantime, we go to our games and support Glasgow, Baptiste, Daniel with true sincerity, but I agree, simultaneously sending a message to Jackula, Grodent and Scamps whether it be by wearing a cap, a banner, a t-shirt, singing a song or doing a "Maximus" wave. I eh worried. I am a soooooooca warrior. Maximus is de greatest yes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 04:25:40 PM by dreamer »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
21010.2014 2018 an d go on and on and the same will continue because now is the locals too back. When they go 2010 and the same ting happen it go be a next story when Jack eh give them no money.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>