April 26, 2024, 10:56:03 PM

Author Topic: Jack Warner strikes again  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner strikes again
« on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »
FIFA vice-president aims to end Britain's privileges

Source: www.soccernet.com

Britain's privileged position with FIFA is under threat after a new challenge to the four home associations' special rights.

For the last 60 years, the home nations have enjoyed the right to nominate their own FIFA vice-president, and they also have voting rights on the International FA Board, the game's rule-making body.

Now, alerted by the impending retirement of Scottish lawyer David Will after 17 years in the post, another FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has announced his intention to seek an end to the privileges.

Warner said: 'It does not make any sense, it should be abolished because it is a football anachronism.

'If I can get support I will bring it up at the FIFA Congress and I will fight to have it abolished.

'This position should be elected by the UEFA countries. You should not be able to play in the UEFA competitions and then have your own elections outside UEFA.

'You cannot be half-pregnant. Either you are pregnant or not pregnant.'

Will's successor as FIFA vice-president is to be elected on Monday and each home association has put forward their candidate, although it looks certain to come down to a straight contest between FA chairman Geoff Thompson and Irish FA president Jim Boyce.

Warner said whoever wins, he would aim for this to be the last four-year FIFA vice-presidency awarded automatically to Britain.

He added: 'Whoever gets elected now can of course stay in the post and serve for four years but after that the situation must change because it is not right.

'It has nothing to do with any individual personalities. It's the reality of the situation.'

Warner is from Trinidad and Tobago and is the president of the CONCACAF federation - countries from north and central America and the Caribbean.

He is an ally of FIFA president Sepp Blatter's but his last attempt to change the FIFA statutes three years ago failed. His campaign never reached Congress because Will asked the FIFA executive committee to vote on the issue.

Warner's proposal was defeated by 20 to votes to four - only the three CONCACAF representatives plus Ahongalu Fusimalohi from the Oceania confederation were in favour.

Now Will is going however, Warner believes his successor will not have the same relationships with other FIFA top brass as the Scotsman enjoys.

Monday's election also involves Scottish FA president John McBeth and his Welsh counterpart Peter Rees, but neither have the amount of experience within UEFA and FIFA as Thompson and Boyce.

There could be a stalemate however, as each country is allowed to vote for their own candidate and a decisive voting system, such as ordering candidates in order of preference, has yet to be agreed.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Jack Warner strikes again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:08:11 PM »
FIFA vice-president aims to end Britain's privileges

Source: www.soccernet.com

Britain's privileged position with FIFA is under threat after a new challenge to the four home associations' special rights.

For the last 60 years, the home nations have enjoyed the right to nominate their own FIFA vice-president, and they also have voting rights on the International FA Board, the game's rule-making body.

Now, alerted by the impending retirement of Scottish lawyer David Will after 17 years in the post, another FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has announced his intention to seek an end to the privileges.

Warner said: 'It does not make any sense, it should be abolished because it is a football anachronism.

'If I can get support I will bring it up at the FIFA Congress and I will fight to have it abolished.

'This position should be elected by the UEFA countries. You should not be able to play in the UEFA competitions and then have your own elections outside UEFA.

'You cannot be half-pregnant. Either you are pregnant or not pregnant.'

Will's successor as FIFA vice-president is to be elected on Monday and each home association has put forward their candidate, although it looks certain to come down to a straight contest between FA chairman Geoff Thompson and Irish FA president Jim Boyce.

Warner said whoever wins, he would aim for this to be the last four-year FIFA vice-presidency awarded automatically to Britain.

He added: 'Whoever gets elected now can of course stay in the post and serve for four years but after that the situation must change because it is not right.

'It has nothing to do with any individual personalities. It's the reality of the situation.'

Warner is from Trinidad and Tobago and is the president of the CONCACAF federation - countries from north and central America and the Caribbean.

He is an ally of FIFA president Sepp Blatter's but his last attempt to change the FIFA statutes three years ago failed. His campaign never reached Congress because Will asked the FIFA executive committee to vote on the issue.

Warner's proposal was defeated by 20 to votes to four - only the three CONCACAF representatives plus Ahongalu Fusimalohi from the Oceania confederation were in favour.

Now Will is going however, Warner believes his successor will not have the same relationships with other FIFA top brass as the Scotsman enjoys.

Monday's election also involves Scottish FA president John McBeth and his Welsh counterpart Peter Rees, but neither have the amount of experience within UEFA and FIFA as Thompson and Boyce.

There could be a stalemate however, as each country is allowed to vote for their own candidate and a decisive voting system, such as ordering candidates in order of preference, has yet to be agreed.

Listen to the Pot talk nah!!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »
For once I agree with Jack. How can Britain itself have a FIFA vice president? This doesnt make sense to me.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Texastrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »
say what yuh want bout jackula but right is right.  no country have a right to have a vice president.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »
steups....eh allyuh right is right my ass..i eh want no con/thief preaching morals ot me oui.
he have an alterior motive he dont do anything for free.

is jack allyuh talking bout....in some form or fahsion this go benefit him cause maybe he have some cronie to nominate which may ultimately give him mor epower..
he better mind he bbizzniss before they send mi6 for him...doh forget is football and england we tlkaing bout
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »
steups....eh allyuh right is right my ass..i eh want no con/thief preaching morals ot me oui.

is jack allyuh talking bout....in some form or fahsion this go benefit him cause maybe he have some cronie to nominate which may ultimately give him mor epower..
he better mind he bbizzniss before they send mi6 for him...doh forget is football and england we tlkaing bout

ent... to me its embarrassing... heres this cruk... putting himself up on a pedestal and preaching like he's Che...

This is probably just gunna end up making us look stupid.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 11:25:19 PM »
When will allure understand no matter what you all say jack still have power in the football world.You can't beat him and this time i have to agree with him.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:36:45 AM »

So  Hoe, yuh mean to say that when you undertake an initiative it is not intended to benefit you? why then undertake it? I think that we does love to jump on a particular bandwagon where Jacula is concerned. No  con/thief cya preach morals? well there, up in smoke, goes priests, politicians, businessmen, Prime Minister, opposition, United Nations,Bankers, Shop owners who charge more than 33.3% profit)  etc....  Doh forget de Devil is anyone who pick up he veil. Jackula im sure has worn de veil before but so have I and as ah dude name Jesus did say one time... who is without sin cast de first stone. (and he never pelt nothing) So while we aiming at Jack head with a nice flat stone from de river bed, leh we buss he head and keep gathering stones because is real head to buss then.

I would agree that taking on England where football is concerned is like cleaning de stadium with a toothbrush but ah suspect Jack still vex... It might be his undoing because England doh ramp with they football.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:44 AM »

ent... to me its embarrassing... heres this cruk... putting himself up on a pedestal and preaching like he's Che...

You look stupid no matter what Captain Jack say or do!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:47:10 AM »

You look stupid no matter what Captain Jack say or do!

funny comming from a woman that has the intellectual capacity of a lamp post.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »
the reason Jack is doing this is because the previous guy supported Jack Warner whereas the new guy is apparently no lover of him. Jack feels threatened so is trying to get rid of him.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »
the reason Jack is doing this is because the previous guy supported Jack Warner whereas the new guy is apparently no lover of him. Jack feels threatened so is trying to get rid of him.

and because of $$$$$$$ ..everything jack does revolves around that. Positions held by JACK are clear indications of this ..... Secretary treasurer TTFA, Vice president finance committee FIFA, Tickets allocation FIFA, UNC, close to ISH and Steve ...the list is much longer but i tthink this suffices..

1]; } ?>