April 28, 2024, 07:03:30 PM

Author Topic: Where Chubby Sweet drink from  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where Chubby Sweet drink from
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
I thought it from trini ....but I was showing my 6 year ile where it from ,and was shocked to see ,made in Canada under license from De Salsha International BV  .....what d ass  De Salsha is trini  ???

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where Chubby Sweet drink from
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
I thought is was Trini too.  It could have originated in Trinidad and some time after sold or maybe licensed too.

I always thought it was a Solo product.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »
Mrs.Abraham ,daiz what I saying solo or sm jaleel .So they sell the ting just so ,how embrassing I tell everybody that is a trini pop ,since it is the most Internationally known of our soft drinks .steuppss I hope they get a lot for it .

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:19:16 PM »
chubby is made by sm jaleel. i think it contracts licensed it out..who knows
just foudn on sm jaleel web site..that chubby was licensced out in 1998 to cott a candian company
http://www.chubbysd.com/company_firsts.htm

so it still trini ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:21:48 PM by THE Polished Hoe »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
Mrs.Abraham ,daiz what I saying solo or sm jaleel .So they sell the ting just so ,how embrassing I tell everybody that is a trini pop ,since it is the most Internationally known of our soft drinks .steuppss I hope they get a lot for it .

Well, the info on the bottle said "Licenced" which means they don't own it.  So yuh could probably still boast.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 02:30:51 PM »
lol ,maybe ,but men go get kicks ,cause nowhere say Trinidad . It says Cott ..but they using with permission from the De Salsha group ,so who are they ??.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »
lol ,maybe ,but men go get kicks ,cause nowhere say Trinidad . It says Cott ..but they using with permission from the De Salsha group ,so who are they ??.
let them get kicks...we all knwo coca cola is an american brand but is made all over de world under liscnsed.
buh a a. give them de web site let them look n see if they cyah read then they eh worth trying to enlighten  :devil:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »
I know eh ,but I felt bad when I was telling my wife and kid ,and came up blank lol .just showed him the site so he beleives now lol. Chubby will always be trini ,and now I see presidents choice ,doing the same type of bottle now ,but just there regular pop ,lol can't copy the taste .

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »

Nothing to get kicks about.  That is a normal business practice.  Companies license their products all the time and collect royalties.

the COTT Corporation and the DeSalsa group could be part of the same company family.   COTT is a bottling company and DeSalsa is probably the distributor.  Think of it like the Neal & Massy Group of Companies.  Remember how many different companies are/were under the umbrella?  There is inter-company agreements going on all the time.

Usually, when a product is licenced, the actual owner is not mentioned unless that is part of the agreement or it would help the product to sell better.  For a product like Chubby coming into the Canadian or other foreign markets, it was probably more advantageous to omit the Trinidad connection in order to sell it to the Canadian wide public.  But that is only a guess on my part.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
I know eh ,but I felt bad when I was telling my wife and kid ,and came up blank lol .just showed him the site so he beleives now lol. Chubby will always be trini ,and now I see presidents choice ,doing the same type of bottle now ,but just there regular pop ,lol can't copy the taste .
well they cater to market man because  some of the flavours of chubby here it have here it doesnt have in trinidad. they have exotic flavours that taste life gum  :puking: :puking:
i dont think the flavours that they sel here could sell in trini n vice versa.
they also have cubby in england and holland. de holland flavours could be different also.

btw i didnt know sm jaleel made fruta...that shit does taste good.. i miss it over here

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »

Nothing to get kicks about.  That is a normal business practice.  Companies license their products all the time and collect royalties.

the COTT Corporation and the DeSalsa group could be part of the same company family.   COTT is a bottling company and DeSalsa is probably the distributor.  Think of it like the Neal & Massy Group of Companies.  Remember how many different companies are/were under the umbrella?  There is inter-company agreements going on all the time.

Usually, when a product is licenced, the actual owner is not mentioned unless that is part of the agreement or it would help the product to sell better.  For a product like Chubby coming into the Canadian or other foreign markets, it was probably more advantageous to omit the Trinidad connection in order to sell it to the Canadian wide public.  But that is only a guess on my part.

Yeah ok that make sence ,I was just a worried there lol ,.And with Neal and Massy thats another ting that shocked me ,when a couple of months ago on a documentry ,I found out there were a Canadian Company  :o lol ,I tink they started this concept of licensing  actually .

well they cater to market man because  some of the flavours of chubby here it have here it doesnt have in trinidad. they have exotic flavours that taste life gum  :puking: :puking:
they also have cubby in england and holland. de holland flavours could be different also.

btw i didnt know sm jaleel made fruta...that shit does taste good.. i miss it over here
Hoe so wait these flavor we see here are unique to Canada ...really cool cause the name are kinda weird .lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:53:23 PM by Compre »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 02:55:32 PM »

Nothing to get kicks about.  That is a normal business practice.  Companies license their products all the time and collect royalties.

the COTT Corporation and the DeSalsa group could be part of the same company family.   COTT is a bottling company and DeSalsa is probably the distributor.  Think of it like the Neal & Massy Group of Companies.  Remember how many different companies are/were under the umbrella?  There is inter-company agreements going on all the time.

Usually, when a product is licenced, the actual owner is not mentioned unless that is part of the agreement or it would help the product to sell better.  For a product like Chubby coming into the Canadian or other foreign markets, it was probably more advantageous to omit the Trinidad connection in order to sell it to the Canadian wide public.  But that is only a guess on my part.

Yeah ok that make sence ,I was just a worried there lol ,.And with Neal and Massy thats another ting that shocked me ,when a couple of months ago on a documentry ,I found out there were a Canadian Company  :o lol ,I tink they started this concept of licensing  actually .

Hoe so wait these flavor we see here are unique to Canada ...really cool cause the name are kinda weird .lol
well man..lol i know them flavours not in trini. and i eh like how thye taste...lol
yeah de names lil weird but it suits the market perfectly, i know they sell alot.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 02:56:09 PM »
Chubby.........was Originally manufactured by SM Jaleel.................from Trinidad. As to the current owners I doh know

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »
Chubby.........was Originally manufactured by SM Jaleel.................from Trinidad. As to the current owners I doh know
lol ras...yuh didnt read the previous posts did u :P

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 03:00:01 PM »
Nah............I from Diego. A town boy...we know everything !! Also I at workkkkkkkkkkk, so I does just post. I doh read people thing at all ...Also is Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

....Well I get this from dey Website.........

S. M. Jaleel's brands of soft drinks have been bottled in Trinidad, Barbados, St. Lucia, Mexico, Brazil and in Canada where it has a strategic alliance with COTT Beverages, the world's fourth largest soft drink company. MORE...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 03:01:16 PM »
Nah............I from Diego. A town boy...we know everything !! Also I at workkkkkkkkkkk, so I does just post. I doh read people thing at all ...Also is Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

....Well I get this from dey Website.........

S. M. Jaleel's brands of soft drinks have been bottled in Trinidad, Barbados, St. Lucia, Mexico, Brazil and in Canada where it has a strategic alliance with COTT Beverages, the world's fourth largest soft drink company. MORE...

lol u is kicks..but thanks for de info man..we will read it over again n see if we omitted anythign when we posted it initally...lol

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »

I believe it's McDonald's in Trinidad that sells "chicken & Chips".  No such thing in Canada.  The market dictates these things.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »

I believe it's McDonald's in Trinidad that sells "chicken & Chips".  No such thing in Canada.  The market dictates these things.
mc donalds in trini buss. they moved out. BUT THEY HAVE like churchs chicken and popyeyes now.
but i sure if u mean kfc in trini and every where else sells fries

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 03:07:39 PM »

Hoe it have a store close by me does sell Fruta, Denison West Indian supermarket...Chinese owned. whenever yuh in de area check it out, or we can make a pass

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 03:10:55 PM »

Hoe it have a store close by me does sell Fruta, Denison West Indian supermarket...Chinese owned. whenever yuh in de area check it out, or we can make a pass
:applause: :applause: :applause:
for sureeeeeeee man dat sound like  a plan

1]; } ?>