April 26, 2024, 10:22:48 AM

Author Topic: Machel Montano Bus  (Read 11248 times)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Machel Montano Bus
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
Source: Islandevents.com

Machel Montano has definitely gone HD the soca superstar has become the first artiste locally to have his own tour bus.

In keeping with the 2007 HD concept, Montano and company have refurbished a 20-year-old PTSC bus and customized it to the nines.

You cannot miss this bus with its big chrome rims, HD-themed exterior paint job and lighting system, complete with reflective tape and neon signage.

The bus contains an entertainment centre with a 42-inch plasma screen on an actuator; with ports for an Ipod, PlayStation 3 and Wireless Internet, walk-through closet, toilet facility and a bedroom, with a large comfy bed, and a 32-inch LCD monitor hidden behind a mirror in the bedroom.

The sound system is straight out of MTV's "Pimp My Ride" tricked out with MTX Subwoofers, JVC DVD Head units, 8' speakers, tweeters, crossovers and transformers.

Betweeen the inside and the outside, the bus will use roughly 12,000 watts of power and has its own generator. The driver will have the benefit of reverse cameras, motion sensors all the way around and night vision cameras, as well as a fully-refurbished engine and fuel tank.

Additionally everything inside is HD personalized: from the microwave, to the lights, to the windows.

Put together in just over three weeks, the entire process of making of the bus will be shown as a special feature programme on Synergy TV.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Machel Montano Bus
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
i saw it yesterday on the express, the man is really creative oui.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:20:34 AM »
Well I hope Machel have serious security yes! Nice big target for them lawless bandits!! >:(

Where he plan to park that?

Defense force base?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:44:30 AM »
...country falling apart and this man pimping a freaking bus >:(
*steupse*

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »
check it here
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »
yuh know dis boy talented till it could blind yuh he so good.  but fuh real??????  fuh real??????  blinging a bus?   and he still owing one setta people money fuh dey medical billls when we all buss we azz in his unity concert when de stands crumble.  
why he is have to be such a mimic man?   steups.  
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »
I find this obscene..

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 11:09:33 AM »
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »
yuh know dis boy talented till it could blind yuh he so good.  but fuh real??????  fuh real??????  blinging a bus?   and he still owing one setta people money fuh dey medical billls when we all buss we azz in his unity concert when de stands crumble.  
I real out of de loop :-[ :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »
ah guess de ride from Sando tuh Port of Spain real long requiring de utmost of comfort fuh de ride.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »
that's keeping in pace with his early start

"Too Young to Bus-ker"
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

what about the young girl who got her face dis figured 3 years after in Chagaramas Alternative 2
i believe it was the fireworks that went out of control and some sparks went into the crowd. Couple of people were injured but that girl suffered the most.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 07:19:21 PM »
Me eh know what allyuh blamin machel for?

de man is in entertainment,,bling and cosquel and showmanship...dat is his job

Everybody hadda go to work next day despite the sad news.....it must be take months to plan and build that bus

I understand people are angry due to the murders in the papers the last couple days...but machel aint build that scaffolding himself
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 10:07:24 PM »
Machel Montano has definitely gone HD the soca superstar has become the first artiste locally to have his own tour bus.    

Tour bus in trinidad this is new
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 11:01:43 PM »
stupidness if u ask me, he goin up maracus wit it or paramin? :devil: 7 hours driving and he done tour de whole of trinidad, machel doing like he touring in the US and canada..state to state, province to province, real foolishness..

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »
come nah

iz he money

he iz ah entertainer

let him be
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »
now dat is a de biggest shag pad I ever see  ;D.....

"The bus contains an entertainment centre with a 42-inch plasma screen on an actuator; with ports for an Ipod, PlayStation 3 and Wireless Internet, walk-through closet, toilet facility and a bedroom, with a large comfy bed, and a 32-inch LCD monitor hidden behind a mirror in the bedroom. "

someone explain dis to meh, how yuh could have wireless internet in a moving tour bus...de whole ah trinidad is a wireless hotspot or what  :rotfl:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Licks! Ah din even self notice dat part. Problee when he come acrawse a hot spot dey go park up de bus, teef de signal and check dey email to see whey de buss have to go nex.

But all yuh who defennin dis maco bus hatta understand dat it have bandit, kidnapper, teef and murderer running de show in T&T (mind you, somebody boof meh and say is only Trinidad NOT Tobago what bleeding. Ah cah really blame meh Tobodadians fuh wanting to ease back from dat nuh.)
So when Machel pass in he megabus, music blastin' he making heself ah target. Dat bus en go lass as long as de Red House Fire.

If he did take dat money and open ah music school so man could come and try to learn to play ah trumpet or put he han to ah keyboard or try lil lyrics and ting, ah could say yes, Machel doing he art and he country ah favour. But you gorn and make a bus dat bigger dan most of de roads we have. What yuh going and do when yuh have to turn? Yuh go back back all de way? What happen when yuh reach Lavantile? Park de bus on Henry street, blocking traffic and walk up? Watch meh...dat bus go be one BIG stationary roti shop park in de Quazay soon soon! Doh doubt meh!

Take Iraq fuh eggzampul. Dey at war too and it have some ah dem sheiks and mulahs wid some serious cahcahdah. I doh see none flaunting dey money to go and buy no mega-camel to ride arong on. Dey hole'in strain until de place settle, den yuh go see Mercedes and Rolls Royce galore up and dong in de san blasting some chutney sura.

Showmanship is one ting but it have a time and place fuh everyting. When de country start to succeed in mashing up dem criminals DEN yuh could bring out yuh maco-bus and hook up yuh unstable internet an' blass yuh music, but not now...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:00:11 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 08:39:21 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Licks! Ah din even self notice dat part. Problee when he come acrawse a hot spot dey go park up de bus, teef de signal and check dey email to see whey de buss have to go nex.

But all yuh who defennin dis maco bus hatta understand dat it have bandit, kidnapper, teef and murderer running de show in T&T (mind you, somebody boof meh and say is only Trinidad NOT Tobago what bleeding. Ah cah really blame meh Tobodadians fuh wanting to ease back from dat nuh.)
So when Machel pass in he megabus, music blastin' he making heself ah target. Dat bus en go lass as long as de Red House Fire.

If he did take dat money and open ah music school so man could come and try to learn to play ah trumpet or put he han to ah keyboard or try lil lyrics and ting, ah could say yes, Machel doing he art and he country ah favour. But you gorn and make a bus dat bigger dan most of de roads we have. What yuh going and do when yuh have to turn? Yuh go back back all de way? What happen when yuh reach Lavantile? Park de bus on Henry street, blocking traffic and walk up? Watch meh...dat bus go be one BIG stationary roti shop park in de Quazay soon soon! Doh doubt meh!

Take Iraq fuh eggzampul. Dey at war too and it have some ah dem sheiks and mulahs wid some serious cahcahdah. I doh see none flaunting dey money to go and buy no mega-camel to ride arong on. Dey hole'in strain until de place settle, den yuh go see Mercedes and Rolls Royce galore up and dong in de san blasting some chutney sura.

Showmanship is one ting but it have a time and place fuh everyting. When de country start to succeed in mashing up dem criminals DEN yuh could bring out yuh maco-bus and hook up yuh unstable internet an' blass yuh music, but not now...

Lord woman...ah doh have ah bowing icon tuh use!! but watch meh...ah bowing tuh yuh girl..ah bowing tuh yuh!!  :applause: :applause: :applause:
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 08:39:50 AM »
now dat is a de biggest shag pad I ever see  ;D.....

"The bus contains an entertainment centre with a 42-inch plasma screen on an actuator; with ports for an Ipod, PlayStation 3 and Wireless Internet, walk-through closet, toilet facility and a bedroom, with a large comfy bed, and a 32-inch LCD monitor hidden behind a mirror in the bedroom. "

someone explain dis to meh, how yuh could have wireless internet in a moving tour bus...de whole ah trinidad is a wireless hotspot or what  :rotfl:

i eh know about T&T, but in Ontario yuh cud set up yuh cell phone as a modem and if yuh have an account like Sympatico, the yuh have access to a number of local access numbers.

For example, toronto have at least one local access number.  As long as yuh cell phone connected to the local number, yuh have internet access.

Now here is de DOWN SIDE .... it cost about $1.00 per 1Kb (or some ridiculous # - I forget).  So yuh only want to down load text.  No images.

De reason how I know ... I was up in Barrie and wanted to check my email . out in de bush but had a mobile signal.

Guess what .. ah get hit wid a bill for over $100 for spendin a total of 15 minutes on line for downloading text only.  Dais why ppl have a blackberry

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:51 AM »
boy haul yuh...
I used to live in Barrie, it have signal all over de place. Barrie not no bush again boy. Doh try dat!! Is you who keep buying yuh cell phone on sale in de flea market is why yuh getting headaches!

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 09:13:47 AM »
I dont understand why allyuh people actin like he spend ALLYUH money on the bus.
The man is a FULL TIME PERFORMER
He dont wok in the ministry during the day, he not ah police during the day- HE'S AH PERFORMER 24/7
Welcome to the world of self promotion & marketing.
Ah man in little trini buy ah bus and fix it up and next thing yuh know people all over the world writing about it on the internet !!! I say mission accomplished!!!
Besides if it have people driving round in ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOMS ($350,000 US) in claxton bay then who is Mr Montano to ride in a pimped out PTSC BUS ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 09:21:55 AM »
johnny, yuh ever hear bout freedom of speechifying?
I could talk all ah want about Machel bus, Bush no lip, Harper false smile, Blair rotten teet, Oprah weave, tout baghai. You getting on as doh you is de man gawdfadda...

All kine'ah ting does get chat pon de internet...deal wid it eh?

~~~~

Oh shims, yuh make meh fugget.
Johnny, who own dem Phantom RRs? Give meh a name so ah could buss lyrics on dem same way. I have no gawdchirren in T&T.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:47:51 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 09:23:56 AM »
boy haul yuh...
I used to live in Barrie, it have signal all over de place. Barrie not no bush again boy. Doh try dat!! Is you who keep buying yuh cell phone on sale in de flea market is why yuh getting headaches!

Buh a a  -

Barrie eh bush?  Up dere, dey  look like country come to town .. crepsole and socks and a flowery skirt . .yuh see dem down in the new mall.   :devil:  I hope it wassen you i see dat day :angel:

Actually .. I was outside Barrie close to Horseshoe valley ...

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 09:39:54 AM »
oh so now you was outside Barrie but still chat say Barrie is bush?
And yes it was me in de flowery skirt wid de stripe bodice in de mall. Ah had on slappats and meh head tie like a obeah woman from sout'.

Doh worry ah see yuh admiring de tear in meh kneehigh stocking.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 10:19:59 AM »
boy haul yuh...

Buh a a  -

Barrie eh bush?  Up dere, dey  look like country come to town .. crepsole and socks and a flowery skirt . .yuh see dem down in the new mall.   :devil:  I hope it wassen you i see dat day :angel:

Actually .. I was outside Barrie close to Horseshoe valley ...

tell dem p tell dem is BUSH :devil:
Barrie have bush....Bushy Barrie, Ms Barrie Bush

soun like sparrow dey yes

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 10:21:08 AM »
so if Barrie is bush, dat make London de Amazon den?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »

pecan ya see what jealousy does do.

yes London have alot ah wood...soooo ???
more reason tur stay...won't ya say so ???

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
oh so now you was outside Barrie but still chat say Barrie is bush?
And yes it was me in de flowery skirt wid de stripe bodice in de mall. Ah had on slappats and meh head tie like a obeah woman from sout'.

Doh worry ah see yuh admiring de tear in meh kneehigh stocking.

i remember dat day .. dat is wen I fall in love again ...

but Mrs Pecan watch me an remind me dat she she doh care where i work up meh appetite .. as long as ah eat at home.

An if i decide to eat out ... doh come back home.  Jess remember where to send de chile support.. An she also remind me that de house in she name.

But in trooth .. she doh have to remind me ...i well happy where I is.  No complaints from Pit.

As Dutty is say  "Bliss"

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:28:07 AM »

pecan ya see what jealousy does do.

yes London have alot ah wood...soooo ???
more reason tur stay...won't ya say so ???
lol how u go ask pecan that question.........
pecs is kicks eh....macomere answer sista before i get cuss sorry for maccoing ah gone
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>