April 27, 2024, 02:25:03 AM

Author Topic: Warriors fans split over lawsuit.  (Read 25579 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Warriors fans split over lawsuit.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »
the present players have just as much at stake as the ones suing TTFF.

You going to have a hard time convincing fans and many in the public of this if the players themselves are not convinced of it or unwilling to lend support to that idea.  Many might patronize with nods of agreement but that is BS.

17 stand alone and I want to know why the others didn't.  They are a part of the TTFF also and have their role to play in its proper running...NOT JUST ON THE FIELD.

8. Why is the Players Union taking forever to get going. Now they would have benefited. They wasted time getting this of the ground and now they are paying for it. I hope they learn a valuable lesson here. They never taught they would have needed one or they never took it serious. They move stupid and now they could pay for it. A players union is very important and I hope they form one for real and for the future of T&T football.

Damn right.  I not feeling sorry for them until they get their house in order.  Many of them are professionals earning large sums of money so they cannot claim to be defenseless lambs.

The outcome of this lawsuit is completely meaningless if there are no long term solutions to what is always going to be a recurring problem between employer and employees.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
Who making large sums of money? Very few of these players make large sums of money.  De lower leagues doh pay much money. They offer de chance or promise of bigger money if yuh do well or lucky enough to fall into de right opportunity. My point is that few of these men who dedicate their lives to playing de game that they love make enough money to guarantee a comfortable future. As big men who claim to love ball, think about how hard it is to give up your hope and dreams for a next man to be successful. As soon as 1 player make a stand, somebody take he place. De man that left with a sense of pride as he did de right thing is de one dat cyah feed he family. If any one of allyuh posters go to wuk for a month and ent get pay, allyuh chop somebody fuh sure. But, some people say de players must overlook it. Why? De only way is if de supporters and lovers of football push this issue. Jackula cyah do we nutten. We could form we own association and put some money into it, to give some of these players a lil more backbone to stand up to Jack. It too hard fuh de players, especially de poor ones to not only give up de game that they love, but de chance to make a lil money off it too. That is de only way people. An influential, trustworthy football persona( ex player, ex coach, knowledgable supporter) to lead de movement with no fear of persecution from Jackula. Who that person is ah don't know.   Could you be the ONE?   Who will be de Soca Warriors NEMO?  ??? ???
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »
Who making large sums of money? Very few of these players make large sums of money.  De lower leagues doh pay much money. They offer de chance or promise of bigger money if yuh do well or lucky enough to fall into de right opportunity. My point is that few of these men who dedicate their lives to playing de game that they love make enough money to guarantee a comfortable future. As big men who claim to love ball, think about how hard it is to give up your hope and dreams for a next man to be successful. As soon as 1 player make a stand, somebody take he place. De man that left with a sense of pride as he did de right thing is de one dat cyah feed he family. If any one of allyuh posters go to wuk for a month and ent get pay, allyuh chop somebody fuh sure. But, some people say de players must overlook it. Why? De only way is if de supporters and lovers of football push this issue. Jackula cyah do we nutten. We could form we own association and put some money into it, to give some of these players a lil more backbone to stand up to Jack. It too hard fuh de players, especially de poor ones to not only give up de game that they love, but de chance to make a lil money off it too. That is de only way people. An influential, trustworthy football persona( ex player, ex coach, knowledgable supporter) to lead de movement with no fear of persecution from Jackula. Who that person is ah don't know.   Could you be the ONE?   Who will be de Soca Warriors NEMO?  ??? ???

:thinking:  hmmmmmm........ yuh know what?.....  :salute:   as a matter of fact,........ :applause:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2007, 06:12:08 PM »

How did the WIPA do it then?  They were faced with the same issue of dropping the biggest names like Lara and Company.
We can support but they have to lead the way and show the will.  I would endorse the idea of the Warrior Nation extending a letter of support to get a FUNCTIONING players union off the ground.

That is the best way to handle it without getting caught in the crossfire.  A players union benefits everyone...yes..even Jack.  Right now he sitting back and saying this too easy.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »
i feel that whenever jack or those TTFF memberswho screwing we playerz addressing a crowd ,letzsay before a match in any stadium any part of the world we have supportz in uniform,we should stand an turn we back to him with placards  banners enough that the media
will  pickup, this man need to be EMBARASSED INHE PUBLIC an if is international embarrassment much better  ah calling peter to bon he  jackula. :flamethrower:bon im peter bon im .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »
I find  real men on here taking up a bad precedent is kinda like we understand  that the players need to fight for their rights because they were promised monies that they werent paid  but we just wanna see ball go on despite it so as far as you concerned as long as it doesnt affect you you really dont give a damm....obviously youre not putting yourself in the players shoes im sure if it was you being wronged youd feel differently ...some extremely disappointing responses from alot of people on the board and to add to that shit it was put on the papers...men playing their heart out for you but u dont even feel they worth fighting for their money

Ngozi, as much as i understand  your position I believe that you are missing my point (i cya talk for no one else) My point is that De players that are often refered to as the Senior Team are owed a sum of money that was promised to them by the TTFF ?? and or Jackula.... I am at a loss to say what monies was every exchanged, if de amount was fair, If de TTFF have any money to pay anyone, What was de promise made....  Remember we have two sides to that particular story and though Im not inclined to take de TTFF word as bond I am unaware as to what transpired behind closed doors. In addition it seems like some of de original members involved are no longer seeking claims i.e Yorke, Latas??  Did some get pay, did some say leh we sweep it under de rug or maybe Im rich enough allyuh fellas could go and try to get dat money.

All things as is -  TnT "The Team" is involved in Shell Cup and then Gold Cup with aspirations of World Cup. I did not see de TTFF forfeit these games so A Team was assembled and because our loyalties lie with the "SeniorTeam"  we aint cussin because dem fellas defending their situation. However I nor the other 8000 people in de stadium want to stop watching TnT play as was evident. So what is my recourse, when TnT playing because it's not de Senior Team I should boycott and to what end? Do I boycott de Shell cup, Gold and WC? do Iboycott forums discussing de "wrong warrior" Team. Well for all de other fans and arm chair coaches like myself on de forum we are actually in the same situation dat Wim is in. Though he may understand and appreciate what de Senior Team are standing for, ah didnt see him quit de job and Leave de Team. As a professional Wim knows that the show must go on. Let de courts do their work dem fellas have an actual lawsuit going on which mean that there will be some form of resolution.

All I wanna know is what you meant by this "Ah aint mad at nobody (as a matter of fact ah kinda proud of dem fellas)," posted Davidephraim. "However, I am not going to be held hostage by the situation. De Team must go on because my job remains de same.
"I am de fan. They get paid to ply their trade. I spend money to ply my hobbie." since the problem here is they havent been paid for plying their trade don't you think that your statement might be considered a bit inconsiderate.....the point here isn't about being professional its about understanding their position by putting yourself in their shoes..evidently if whim was affected in this way  do you think it would have been so easy for him to say drop the lawsuit? The truth is neither you nor me know the extent  and if we dont then we can't make extravagant generalisations too easily skewwed the wrong way. If the ttff can get away with this one  do you think they'll stop in the future knowing that the players won't oppose them isnt that a sort of capitalistic view on things in a democratic society?

Ngozi, We doh know de problem is that they haven't gotten paid, its more of they haven't gotten paid enough as is their position (I suspect)  I or no one else has said to drop the lawsuit as a matter of fact I said that I was proud that they would stick up for themselves and not be exploited. How does this affect a current team? well ah hopin that new players would remember when dealing wid de TTFF that there are differences between what they say and what they sign off on in black and white. I would hope these new players would keep a paper trail, get documents signed so that if they have to bring forth a l;awsuit after de fact at least they would have a better legal foot to stand on. Also transparency helps as well. Let other people know (before the fact) what is promised. So citizens can help make demands on players behalf but at this 24 hour is only the courts that can help them now because obviously de TTFF is going down to the nail with this one. I does watch CSI too, when de evidence is compelling enough they does make an arrest but without enough evidence they have to sit and bite time.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 08:03:22 PM »
David, what u don't understand is that the present players have just as much at stake as the ones suing TTFF.  If the World Cup players don't stand up to the TTFF then history will just repeat itself. They are not only standing up for themselves, but for all our future generations.  When a bredda put on a T&T shirt in the future, he should be comfortable in it.  His blood and sweat will not be taken for granted! Whatever is promised to him for his efforts, must be paid to him! No one is telling you to stop supporting your country, you should still go to games, but you MUST realize that for a  long time our national team players have been screwed over by the TTFF.  Jack is notorious for promising money and just never paying them fellas.  If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything. Them fellas just tired of falling to Jack. We must support them 100%.

The TTFF or Jackula done start to advantage them already by saying they would pay them US$3000 a match then reducing it to US$1000.

Tru indeed, I would make other steps to ensure all that is contracted (not promised) would be fulfilled because if it is contracted and people sign off on it in front of witnesses,  witnesses  like Lasana Liburd who aint afraid to talk & write  about de naughty things that go on in high and low places - then I believe the TTFF would see their position as a failing one and pay de people but like Sam say, after they get paid do they still put on de colors? I think not too. Which means that it will still end de players National career. Its a win win situation for TTFF at least if de players better protected it would only be a small victory by de TTFF because though they woulda deny us(de fans) de opportunity to see we boys in de colors at least de boys woulda get paid and I aint mad at them for that.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 10:24:13 PM »
Lisana not easy the man study the MB like a subject. He want to put we in Jack bad books. He eh know we need Tallman to get we tickets for games so we eh go have to fight up with them waggonist them.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2007, 04:20:22 AM »
Lisana not easy the man study the MB like a subject. He want to put we in Jack bad books. He eh know we need Tallman to get we tickets for games so we eh go have to fight up with them waggonist them.

We was never in Jack Warner good books in the first place and that will never happen because Jack did not have a hand in Flex site. He dont support what he cant control......

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »
I don't know if this was post by anybody as yet, if it was i am sorry just dat i am desperate an feel we should not let this rest . This post Oz for Lasana liburd ,sir  i am asking you if you can investigate the reason why the existing football players union that is legally suppose to represent them iz not doing so . i feel so hurt az a warrior fan to know that we are still dealing with jack and his puppets and the players iz suffering because of  nobody to represent dem ,this can be a bit frustrating for a player , sir please we/ they need your help there iz a saying when god could not come he sent a man , im hopin you iz he .

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »

Ngozi, We doh know de problem is that they haven't gotten paid, its more of they haven't gotten paid enough as is their position (I suspect)  I or no one else has said to drop the lawsuit as a matter of fact I said that I was proud that they would stick up for themselves and not be exploited. How does this affect a current team? well ah hopin that new players would remember when dealing wid de TTFF that there are differences between what they say and what they sign off on in black and white. I would hope these new players would keep a paper trail, get documents signed so that if they have to bring forth a l;awsuit after de fact at least they would have a better legal foot to stand on. Also transparency helps as well. Let other people know (before the fact) what is promised. So citizens can help make demands on players behalf but at this 24 hour is only the courts that can help them now because obviously de TTFF is going down to the nail with this one. I does watch CSI too, when de evidence is compelling enough they does make an arrest but without enough evidence they have to sit and bite time.

Like yuh not watching enough CSI to realize that neither the TTFF nor the players are disputing the 50% agreement, whether a contract was signed or not. The players don't need evidence to prove that the agreement is there because if you look at any daily newspaper around the WC when Jack was trying to make the gov't look bad, the intentions of the TTFF were clearly stated in press conferences etc...in black and white.

Yes it is every team's issue, new or old, because contract or no contract, neither can ward against gross misrepresentation of funds which is the WC team's issue....they say they have to get half of 100M and the TTFF saying it is half of 10M. Yes we need transparency but we need transparecy on the part of the TTFF so that income and expenses can to properly accounted for, the players have no control over that.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2007, 11:33:11 AM »
Alyuh fellas good yes! I am not about to loose any sleep over this bacchanal going on between the players and the TTFF. I have the utmost respect, love and appreciation to the guys for taking us to the WC, but the fact is that we don't know all the circumstances surrounding this feud and may never know. I say, let the courts decide and when they do I will stand by their verdict. God doh sleep and if it is, that the TTFF and Jackula are at fault then they will suffer the consequences of their actions. I believe firmly in sowing and reaping, so let the TTFF dem play up!!

The 2nd reason im not going to loose any sleep is that these fellas are not united, so how do they expect anyone to take them seriously when they themselves aren't serious. (I don't know the reason for one side suing and the other not) and ah doh give a damn!! Alyuh get your house in order 1st, then we cud talk...

Plus for man here to say that they hardly have money is a load ah B.S (all dem fellas get a nice chunk a change from the Gov't) so doh give meh no shit about man have to take care of dey family and pay bills (they cud more than afford ito live comfortably for a couple more years without studying anyone or even kickin a dam ball).. Doh get me wrong, that is no  reason for them to jus ignore the issue, if they believe they are right and a contract was breached between them and Jackula verbally, then they have every right to fight for what is their's...but do it as effiiciently and sensibly as possible...Doh make the fans pay for alyuh chupidness...You tellin me that the TTFF and Players cudn't deal with this thing more diplomatically behind closed doors and not bring the fans it to alyuh ASSNESS... Steups, is we sufferin not dem, cuz Jack have he money, and de players (contrary to what some of alyuh might say, livin nice too).....

W.K OUT    
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 11:40:12 AM »
Plus for man here to say that they hardly have money is a load ah B.S (all dem fellas get a nice chunk a change from the Gov't) so doh give meh no shit about man have to take care of dey family and pay bills (they cud more than afford ito live comfortably for a couple more years without studying anyone or even kickin a dam ball).. Doh get me wrong, that is no  reason for them to jus ignore the issue, if they believe they are right and a contract was breached between them and Jackula verbally, then they have every right to fight for what is their's...but do it as effiiciently and sensibly as possible...Doh make the fans pay for alyuh chupidness...You tellin me that the TTFF and Players cudn't deal with this thing more diplomatically behind closed doors and not bring the fans it to alyuh ASSNESS... Steups, is we sufferin not dem, cuz Jack have he money, and de players (contrary to what some of alyuh might say, livin nice too).....
W.K OUT    
dat is exactly why ourmanjack ent paying a flippin cent, as he know that people would say they are making too much and just greedy.
Yet it is somebody in TTFF pocketing the money and saying dem players greedy. Allya cant see dat eh?
All dat money that was BOASTED about before the WC is NOW GORN ???

cool, we are all entitled to our own opinions.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:51:13 AM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 12:03:03 PM »
Alyuh fellas good yes! I am not about to loose any sleep over this bacchanal going on between the players and the TTFF. I have the utmost respect, love and appreciation to the guys for taking us to the WC, but the fact is that we don't know all the circumstances surrounding this feud and may never know. I say, let the courts decide and when they do I will stand by their verdict. God doh sleep and if it is, that the TTFF and Jackula are at fault then they will suffer the consequences of their actions. I believe firmly in sowing and reaping, so let the TTFF dem play up!!

The 2nd reason im not going to loose any sleep is that these fellas are not united, so how do they expect anyone to take them seriously when they themselves aren't serious. (I don't know the reason for one side suing and the other not) and ah doh give a damn!! Alyuh get your house in order 1st, then we cud talk...

W.K OUT    

Allyuh fellas good yes. They got $1million TT from the gov't. How the arse is that living nice? By the time yuh buy a piece of land and put up a house the money done. God forbid they try to live in the West, they better go and line up in NHA for a house in Powder Magazine because that is all they will be able to afford.

The 5K US from TTFF is just enough for them to go a few all inclusive fetes and buy a carnival costume.

Yeah that surely is living nice while Jack son spending all the money from the TV rights and Adidas contracts on new car for he woman and them.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 12:51:51 PM »
Ah feel Shaka go revamp the player's union and make this his contribution after his playing days. His father is an attorney and he himself is committed to the welfare of T&T football.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »
i really don't care about who dont care, wat happen to our national players , i feel we az supporters should be on one accord .all i want to know iz why the existing playerz union iz not function az they suppose to .

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2007, 02:10:25 PM »
I find  real men on here taking up a bad precedent is kinda like we understand  that the players need to fight for their rights because they were promised monies that they werent paid  but we just wanna see ball go on despite it so as far as you concerned as long as it doesnt affect you you really dont give a damm....obviously youre not putting yourself in the players shoes im sure if it was you being wronged youd feel differently ...some extremely disappointing responses from alot of people on the board and to add to that shit it was put on the papers...men playing their heart out for you but u dont even feel they worth fighting for their money

Bro you said it all  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »
You will never get a totally supportive group in any venture.  If a man is worth his salt and prepared to live by his beliefs and actions, yuh cyah fault him.  You would think that a small group of 20 odd players would have come to one common agreement, but not to be.  Yorke is the one who come on TV and read letter on behalf of the team, but didn't sign the final papers. So if some men doh want to take a stand that is their constitutional right.  Face facts, them fellas is not the brightest bulbs on the tree, and to play football and set up union is a time consuming thing...plenty meetings and registrations and so on.  Plus some of the men wasn't around in those days.  Even winthin that former group, men disband and ride they own trail.

According to the reports, the players not only calling for money for themselves, but also a sum for charity that was agreed to by all.  This money was apart from any sponsorship, but not even that money TTFF provide.   The same TTFF cannot even show the players or their lawyers any evidence to support their claims that the money promised by sponsors turned out to be less than previously announced.

So I think is not just about money, is a principled stand.  Show we that it have no money to get and we will go back to doing our business. 

I think the players hear the cry of the nation...the cry of the nation...
When Jack hijack the WC tickets for the supporters.
When a plane load of supporters had to stay outside the stadium after buying said tickets from Simpauls.
When TTFF cannot account for profits from qualifiers.
When TTFF raise the price of tickets high so poor man and diehard supporters couldn't afford it.
When Jack publicly lambase the gov't for WC money, now cannot give the players their due.
And it have more things we on this forum cry for...

Yes folks, our beloved warriors heard our cries and saw our tears.  They decided to get battle ready, to pick up their warrior arms and fight for our freedom....freedom from the monopolising TTFF, and to fight the only way they know how.

They fighting for us..and for the future warriors of this nation !!!  Possibly giving up they right to represent the warrior nation ever again.
In the meantime we turning we backs on them.  We saying we supporting whoever wearing the colours from now, but not the warriors that put the pride in the said colours.  We go chastise them and call them greedy....them, who get one chance to make something for themselves, whilst those who doing so for years, watching us help with the destruction of our own beloved.

So settle Warrior Nation settle...
When yuh team getting blaze from other caribbean teams...settle.
When only the rich could afford to see the 'new' team play at home...settle...and hope they bring the game on TV.
When the same things happen to the 'young warriors'....settle.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »

W.K OUT    

Allyuh fellas good yes. They got $1million TT from the gov't. How the arse is that living nice? By the time yuh buy a piece of land and put up a house the money done. God forbid they try to live in the West, they better go and line up in NHA for a house in Powder Magazine because that is all they will be able to afford.

The 5K US from TTFF is just enough for them to go a few all inclusive fetes and buy a carnival costume.

Yeah that surely is living nice while Jack son spending all the money from the TV rights and Adidas contracts on new car for he woman and them.

A million $ is still alot of money contrary to what some may think, with proper financial planning they cud more than live comfortably, you hada be a real ass to take the $1m and blow it on a peice a land or house, without seriously engaging in other form of investments... If it is, that dey blow it already or almost blow it, then they are rel asses in my book...Even if they have none or lil financial intelligence, they cud still take that money and put it into a fixed deposit, and with that kind of money you cud get a nice 8% interest, of $80,000 annually...That alone paying the mortgage on dey new house....Doh give meh no bull about a million dollars being no kinda money...And dat is not the issue anyways, the point is they have to get their act 2gether, I stand ready to support the guys no matter what. But they must show us that they are serious and be more organized in their approach...

W.K OUT
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:01:34 PM by Warrior King »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2007, 05:06:39 PM »
You will never get a totally supportive group in any venture.  If a man is worth his salt and prepared to live by his beliefs and actions, yuh cyah fault him.  You would think that a small group of 20 odd players would have come to one common agreement, but not to be.  Yorke is the one who come on TV and read letter on behalf of the team, but didn't sign the final papers. So if some men doh want to take a stand that is their constitutional right.  Face facts, them fellas is not the brightest bulbs on the tree, and to play football and set up union is a time consuming thing...plenty meetings and registrations and so on.  Plus some of the men wasn't around in those days.  Even winthin that former group, men disband and ride they own trail.

According to the reports, the players not only calling for money for themselves, but also a sum for charity that was agreed to by all.  This money was apart from any sponsorship, but not even that money TTFF provide.   The same TTFF cannot even show the players or their lawyers any evidence to support their claims that the money promised by sponsors turned out to be less than previously announced.

So I think is not just about money, is a principled stand.  Show we that it have no money to get and we will go back to doing our business. 

I think the players hear the cry of the nation...the cry of the nation...
When Jack hijack the WC tickets for the supporters.
When a plane load of supporters had to stay outside the stadium after buying said tickets from Simpauls.
When TTFF cannot account for profits from qualifiers.
When TTFF raise the price of tickets high so poor man and diehard supporters couldn't afford it.
When Jack publicly lambase the gov't for WC money, now cannot give the players their due.
And it have more things we on this forum cry for...

Yes folks, our beloved warriors heard our cries and saw our tears.  They decided to get battle ready, to pick up their warrior arms and fight for our freedom....freedom from the monopolising TTFF, and to fight the only way they know how.

They fighting for us..and for the future warriors of this nation !!!  Possibly giving up they right to represent the warrior nation ever again.
In the meantime we turning we backs on them.  We saying we supporting whoever wearing the colours from now, but not the warriors that put the pride in the said colours.  We go chastise them and call them greedy....them, who get one chance to make something for themselves, whilst those who doing so for years, watching us help with the destruction of our own beloved.

So settle Warrior Nation settle...
When yuh team getting blaze from other caribbean teams...settle.
When only the rich could afford to see the 'new' team play at home...settle...and hope they bring the game on TV.
When the same things happen to the 'young warriors'....settle.

Serious talk pardners. Very moving and touching :salute: :salute: :salute: 

WK sometimes yuh make decent points but ah sorry, I have to humbly disagree with your last, sorry to say, callous perspective. Da kinda "rude bwaay" thinking is dangerous although I know you are being sincere

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »
1 million or 1 trillion it eh matter. It eh have no way on God's green earth to justify the figure jack and he croonies come up with.

As for being in Jack good books if he did not agree the WN would not have gotten tickets for Peru far less the WC. Nutthin absolutely nuttin doh happen in th eTTFF without Jack's approval
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2007, 05:28:05 PM »
1 million or 1 trillion it eh matter. It eh have no way on God's green earth to justify the figure jack and he croonies come up with.

As for being in Jack good books if he did not agree the WN would not have gotten tickets for Peru far less the WC. Nutthin absolutely nuttin doh happen in th eTTFF without Jack's approval

Weary, I eh sayin the fellas doh deserve the money (they 100% do), but they are too disorganized...One minute Yorke, Latapy etc readin letters sayin they'll be takin legal action with the rest of guys, now all of a sudden there names are't on the list of team members pursuing legal action against the TTFF... In the meantime its the fans that are left in disarray...some want to support the younger guys (but will it hurt the efforts of the senior team by rallying around the junior) and it may also make the TTFF look as though they have the advantage... It jus rel friggin confusin and heart wrenching....

W.K OUT

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »
WK,

Jus' keep in mind that it might be more than just "jumping ship" or "selfishly breaking ranks" as the reason for why Yorke and co. seem to have disappeared from the lawsuit body. It could be,... I say could be,.... that the intricacies of the suit made the lawyers for the Warriors tell Yorke and certain folks to get off the class law suit, as the suit could have been jeopardized by some technicality if he stayed involved. Legal matters are very complicated. If Jack have some blackmail files on any one a dem, like dey private life or something embarrassing, then that that one person becomes seriously vulnerable and a liability for the group. Maybe Yorke has a card up his sleeve and coming potowpow from de next flank while Jackula lookin' de nex' way. Doh watch dem slight. Yuh cyah telegraph all yuh moves with Jackula, gRodent and Scamps. So be careful coming to premature conclusions about who is a traitor or undeserving and all dat.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:21:12 PM by dreamer »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
Pardners and Dreamer,
Thank you very much for your individual insights into this, at time, seemingly hopeless situation.
when I say hopeless, i mean that the average fan has NO IDEA how to bring this complicated mess to a conclusion.
We all have to Brain Storm and come up with a way to get DERID of the perpertrators of this situation wherein there is a CONSTANT attack on our players.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:31:46 PM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
WK,

Jus' keep in mind that it might be more than just "jumping ship" or "selfishly breaking ranks" as the reason for why Yorke and co. seem to have disappeared from the lawsuit body. It could be,... I say could be,.... that the intricacies of the suit made the lawyers for the Warriors tell Yorke and certain folks to get off the class law suit, as the suit could have been jeopardized by some technicality if he stayed involved. Legal matters are very complicated. If Jack have some blackmail files on any one a dem, like dey private life or something embarrassing, then that that one person becomes seriously vulnerable and a liability for the group. Maybe Yorke has a card up his sleeve and coming potowpow from de next flank while Jackula lookin' de nex' way. Doh watch dem slight. Yuh cyah telegraph all yuh moves with Jackula, gRodent and Scamps. So be careful coming to premature conclusions about who is a traitor or undeserving and all dat.  :beermug:

I hear yuh Dreamer,thanks for giving your opinion...and I know it cud be very technical....and jus to clarify, i eh think Yorke and company are traitors...Jus confused as everyone else is...I guess we jjust have to be a lil patient and in time all will be revealed...

W.K OUT

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »
West Coast you said it!!!!!!.... Brainstorm.... and we have to keep we composure and strategize on a level that frankly none of us are used to unless we have been close to the brink in our own lives. This discussion is all healthy as we are growing as fans day by day. Yuh see dis kinda Falcon Crest Hollywood-style big money bachannal yuh see that the Warriors involved in (and what Jackula lives every day btw) is not the kinda stuff dat  happy-go-lucky, Gyal-farm fixated, look-da-bottom-on-de road-dey-Wheeyysss, semicomatose-everyday-on-puncheon fellas in Trini will encounter, or have time to worry about every day. I eh say dat I eh do my shit, but yuh have to have a li'l piece of yuh head on, no matter what you doing. Cool? So doh worry too much breds  :beermug:

Respec' WK. Ah just see yuh post
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:02:27 PM by dreamer »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
ah hope wen dah man dead rain jus fall continously dat they kah bury him , ah doh hate im ah jus dis like dey things dey man iz doing to these young guys . jus recently ah frien ah mine waz talking to ah youth man ,doz play good ball ,he  ask him why yuh doh go fuh trials wid young warriors he said no he prefer play for the us team they treat yuh better .an ah feel there iz lots more guys who watchin and prefer not to play for we .

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »
happy-go-lucky, Gyal-farm fixated, look-da-bottom-on-de road-dey-Wheeyysss, semicomatose-everyday-on-puncheon felllas in Trini will encounter or have time to worry about every day.
I bet ya cyar say dat fast ten times
sorry, just kidding ;D ;D ;D ;D buh seriously

I have to ask what is a "Gyal-farm fixated"?
maybe typo?...gyal-fren...maybe
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2007, 06:54:22 PM »
ah hope wen dah man dead rain jus fall continously dat they kah bury him , ah doh hate im ah jus dis like dey things dey man iz doing to these young guys . jus recently ah frien ah mine waz talking to ah youth man ,doz play good ball ,he  ask him why yuh doh go fuh trials wid young warriors he said no he prefer play for the us team they treat yuh better .an ah feel there iz lots more guys who watchin and prefer not to play for we .
Zulu, that is another very good point and wonder at times how many players we have subsequently lost because of this thinking
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2007, 06:57:01 PM »

Daiz sad, real sad. :-\

Nah Coast, apparently Gyal farm fete skettel is de big ting now, causing man (and real li'l boy too eh) to kill deyself and lick up whole carload on highway an' ting. If daiz yuh priority in life, yuh tink yuh have time to study Jackula? Steuppssss

1]; } ?>