April 20, 2024, 07:25:57 AM

Author Topic: Guess which might grow up an play for we..  (Read 2492 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guess which might grow up an play for we..
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:24:55 PM »
pick one and back dem now nah, if yuh dare

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,51630.html

forgive me please mods. buh ah understand ppl football concern...but
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:29:38 PM by maxg »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Guess which might grow up an play for we..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »
this real sad real sad.
but as de article said they displaced some pensioners. i am just glad people opening thier hearts and homes.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:40 PM »
an what if the WN/SW put 1$/mth/member and financially adopt a couple of these kids, before we loss dem to the other elements, taking the chance we might lorse dem still...or is WC and future National players union, more important...or award for Maximus,ah bet Maximus rather we give someone else... oH look.we getting in the Gaurdian with crosses to bear fighting Jackula....what is more the future of football, or the future of the country ?...ppl might say, buh what so few ah we could do, when so many are in need, but if we help one outta many, and they grow up or develop to help one more, we are truly investing in the future...or because dey parents(and others) didn't know better, we could leave dem all to learn the hard way, and live with whatever they turn out to be,it always have somebody else to blame...we was busy lookin after the football...and look how good it going...WC an ting...One more Stadium for 2020 mr manning...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:57:22 PM by maxg »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »
an what if the WN/SW put 1$/mth/member and financially adopt a couple of these kids, before we loss dem to the other elements, taking the chance we might lorse dem still...or is WC and future National players union, more important...or award for Maximus,ah bet Maximus rather we give someone else... oH look.we getting in the Gaurdian with crosses to bear fighting Jackula....what is more the future of football, or the future of the country ?...ppl might say, buh what so few ah we could do, when so many are in need, but if we help one outta many, and they grow up or develop to help one more, we are truly investing in the future...or because dey parents(and others) didn't know better, we could leave dem all to learn the hard way, and live with whatever they turn out to be,it always have somebody else to blame...we was busy lookin after the football...and look how good it going...WC an ting...One more Stadium for 2020 mr manning...
i dont mind doing that at all. that is a very good suggestion. but max hoenslty man unless u stna dup and do it it wont happen. if u wait for other trinis they will tlka till kingdom come. we have th ebest ideas but undisciplined like hell.
also when u start nuff men will join in to help.
i will help u  tell me what u need. or what u want.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 09:08:10 PM »
some people should'nt breed at all nah.  why de hell she bring 8 chirren into this world to suffer?  she eh know about birth control or tubal ligation?

steups...now she is criminal!

ah wonder how much ah dem have de same fadder?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »
MaxG, this is a very difficult topic for many people, but I also think that yes TnT should have an organisation like World Vision based upon a local TnT model, where by people can get some form of help with the upbringing of these children who are HERE NOW and need the day to day help. The organisation could ALSO educated these and other families about family planning, proper nutrition and dealing with the day to day chalenges of their situation that they may be in. people's life style can only be changed over time with the proper guidance and help.

"HDC officials have requested that evicted residents apply for housing at the HDC’s Port-of-Spain office." I wonder if HDC had advised them to do this BEFORE the tenants were evicted?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:27:05 PM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »

this is ahfootball site and WN is ah supporters club for de T&T national teams.

If giving dem parents money go really  help dem chirren I go give, but somehow I doubt that it will.

All dem chirren and dey poor no ass, dat is ah crime unto itself.

steups

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »

If giving dem parents money go really  help dem chirren I go give, but somehow I doubt that it will.

steups

Thats right breds... the Power starts in de Piggy-leeks and de Pum Pum. Doh breed what yuh can't afford and accidents can't be to blame in dis day and time.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 10:31:46 PM »

steups

TT, ah doh know for sure if it go help,,,but it cyah hurt, niether we or dem...and if it does help...let the healing start..
I work with ah lady who did the deed with a vietnamese kid from alittle war torn village 16 yrs ago - through a similar organization as World Vision..The child has since become a nurse and has returned to operate a clinic in the village..my friend had been invited to visit by the family, and visited them twice in the last 5 years..when ah tell yuh proud...proud...dying ah cancer but proud like ah Trini in ah costume...20$ ah mth.
.shim we could try ah ting with we own...is nah dem Oman, an dem man, an dem chirren, is we own....regardless of how dey f**kup...not only when dey do good they is we Trini, they still we trini when dey make mistake or do shit to..

ah was hoping someone close to the issue (edit: or who travels regular)could look into it, chosing, acct setup,.. I can have a Clinical Psych ear at home, I could ask her to advise our local contingent, and they just inform us where to send the funds and who our children are etc..etc......ah know...ah making it sound easy...but the hardest part is usually the intial steps...who local interested..haile meh and I will ask my very busy acqt. to meet with the group and give you advice on how best to move..

ah doh mean to rain on the football parade..buh we cyah have ah parade  for only ah certain some of the ppl to see...

add: it seems from the artc. it already have organizations that do this work, maybe we can assist them, even in a minor financial capacity......ah don't know all the stories but i'm sure our local chapter could get more info....ah sure in the long run doh FOOTBALL(ah keeping it in the mix) will benefit as well. ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:49:17 PM by maxg »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »
like dey should name that fella "village"  ;)

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 02:35:48 AM »
When will people take personal responsibility for their actions? We ought to stop blaming others.
Having said that, there is a direct corelation between the uneducated and poverty. The poor always have more children.  This is a vicious cycle.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:41:33 AM by Source »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »
When will people take personal responsibility for their actions? We ought to stop blaming others.
Having said that, there is a direct corelation between the uneducated and poverty. The poor always have more children.  This is a vicious cycle.
yup poverty is the cause not the consequence of overpopulation

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »

Yuh might want to re-think or re-investigate that.
I know of plenty poor people who are educated, and some (though not many) rich people who have plenty kids, as well as poo people who don't have kids at all.

It depends on which region, country, society and programs, and level of comparision on which you base your inference.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 06:43:10 PM »
Yuh might want to re-think or re-investigate that.
I know of plenty poor people who are educated, and some (though not many) rich people who have plenty kids, as well as poo people who don't have kids at all.
It depends on which region, country, society and programs, and level of comparision on which you base your inference.
and religion. Some families in some religions are very large. My offsprings friend family has 6 kids and the parents always talk about getting help from the food bank.
and I work with two ladies who are single moms with kids but trying their best under the circumstances as their spouse does NOT help in any way.

and, to add to my previous post, there is also UNICEF.<-- click here
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:13:42 PM by WestCoastTrini »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>