April 24, 2024, 04:31:31 PM

Author Topic: I don't care!!  (Read 1609 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
I don't care!!
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:20:36 AM »
I don't care what some of you may say YOUNG, OLD, INEXPERIENCE, etc etc... We have no damn right to take any team, not prepare them as we should, go out there to play friendlies and really expect them to loose then turn around and act like it's ok.. they are young, we didn't have enough time together etc etc.. It's this same mentality that have our game, society, and country in a mess right now!
We have failed and will continue to fail as long as the powers to be continue to call the shots and we just sit idle by criticising and making excuses when we know deep down inside we are doom to fail from the get go.
Someone tell me where is Lincoln Phillips? Who is gonna stand up and say enough is enough.. A,B, or C side is not an excuse for they wearing our colors and suppose t obe the best available and therefore should be up to the challenge! IS our team up to the challenge?? and if not are we really doing all that is possible for them to exceed at the level?? 

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I don't care!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »
MATADOR, wha happen, yuh have a light or something?  Just so, early in de morning.  Geh we until 12 nah to start with de ranting....
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:24 AM »
I don't care what some of you may say YOUNG, OLD, INEXPERIENCE, etc etc... We have no damn right to take any team, not prepare them as we should, go out there to play friendlies and really expect them to loose then turn around and act like it's ok.. they are young, we didn't have enough time together etc etc.. It's this same mentality that have our game, society, and country in a mess right now!
We have failed and will continue to fail as long as the powers to be continue to call the shots and we just sit idle by criticising and making excuses when we know deep down inside we are doom to fail from the get go.
Someone tell me where is Lincoln Phillips? Who is gonna stand up and say enough is enough.. A,B, or C side is not an excuse for they wearing our colors and suppose t obe the best available and therefore should be up to the challenge! IS our team up to the challenge?? and if not are we really doing all that is possible for them to exceed at the level?? 

I think takings this local YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED team and having them play teams of a higher level than they faced in the Digicel is part of the preperation process.
This team was not together that long before the DC,but played all those games, then Panama, then CR so I see an effort to keep them together and have them playing, so I cant say they were under prepared, the goal is Gold Cup and then qualifiers, they are in the process of preparing to perform at a higher level.
While its never fun to lose, its unrealistic to say that any team that put on the National Colors should go out and beat any opposition.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 08:11:50 AM »
MATADOR, wha happen, yuh have a light or something?  Just so, early in de morning.  Geh we until 12 nah to start with de ranting....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:27:51 AM »
Our whole idea and  knowledge of the game has to change to allow us to understand the development of players and what to expect at various levels of their development on the international stage.

The only way to develop players is through constant exposure to different styles of play and different football cultures around the world.

Our players dont have the extensive exposure internationally and even competitively compared to players of the same age in Europe,South America etc.
We are way behind.

This last performance speaks to the need for a different attitude towards youth development from an administrative standpoint and also the need to institutionalise professionalism and discipline in our approach to all aspects of the game.

Recently we have always had coaches for less than two years in charge and a national coach is not someone who is suppose to teach players the basics of the game. He barely has players for 5 days before a match. Our level of coaching has to be dramatically improved at all levels before situations like Costa Rica will stop.

WIM can only play players available to him unlike a club coach that can buy players with the skills required !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »
Oh God give it ah rest nah. How much time we go hash the the same topic in a million different threads
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
Dem fellas drinking too much mauby with dey oily KFC or doubles. How dey expect to beat people? Man looking hungry, hungry and trying to play international ball. Feed yuh players Jack. Please
Doh loss yuh head boss

1]; } ?>