April 23, 2024, 10:26:56 AM

Author Topic: Carlos Edwards talks about Sunderland fans  (Read 4847 times)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos Edwards talks about Sunderland fans
« on: February 06, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=11646

told you we were the best supporters in the world, check out the bit about the T & T flag  :beermug:
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Carlos Edwards talks about Sunderland fans
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
ah feel ah going and buy ah sunderland kit.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 09:56:40 AM »
Those English fans have a certain passion and dedication to the game that cannot be immitated.  They know the importance of making their players feel comfortable and take pride in their team.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »
Any pics of the flag?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:45:02 PM »

told you we were the best supporters in the world, check out the bit about the T & T flag  :beermug:

Cartman, Supa and de bois here we were very upset when Carlos joined Sunderland, not because of anything personal wid de club, but we know he is EPL material, and just wanted him tuh go directly and play fuh ah club in de EPL, rather than trying tuh get promoted tuh de EPL. Wid dat said, big men is big men, and ah boi is ah boi. All yuh know we over here never think we too big tuh aplologise tuh another member or admit when we were wrong. Any way meh point is that Sunderland are really taking de Enterprise by storm, we must admit dat. Of course we have 3 T&T players at de club, which make de love even stronger, but when you read how happy de players are at de club, the number of fans dat come out to the games and and how much involved they are wid de team, den the T&T flag dey designed, you have tuh fall in love wid de club. We recently signed up for de SMB, and we are looking tuh order kits wid Yorke, Carlos and Stern. De people here who haven't checked out de SMB,take some time and check out de board, you don't have to sign up and be a member, just check it out, trust me, dey have ah lot of interesting stuff there. Big up tuh socawarriors.net also, our forum is sweet as can be, but we cannot compare SMB wid our forum, dey are both excellent boards, dat are sweet in diiferent ways, we would never compare them. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:03:46 PM »
I think it will be great idea to make the Sunderland fan club a sister fanclub of socawarrios.net/WarriorNation
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 05:07:44 AM »

Cartman, Supa and de bois here we were very upset when Carlos joined Sunderland, not because of anything personal wid de club, but we know he is EPL material, and just wanted him tuh go directly and play fuh ah club in de EPL, rather than trying tuh get promoted tuh de EPL. Wid dat said, big men is big men, and ah boi is ah boi. All yuh know we over here never think we too big tuh aplologise tuh another member or admit when we were wrong. Any way meh point is that Sunderland are really taking de Enterprise by storm, we must admit dat. Of course we have 3 T&T players at de club, which make de love even stronger, but when you read how happy de players are at de club, the number of fans dat come out to the games and and how much involved they are wid de team, den the T&T flag dey designed, you have tuh fall in love wid de club. We recently signed up for de SMB, and we are looking tuh order kits wid Yorke, Carlos and Stern. De people here who haven't checked out de SMB,take some time and check out de board, you don't have to sign up and be a member, just check it out, trust me, dey have ah lot of interesting stuff there. Big up tuh socawarriors.net also, our forum is sweet as can be, but we cannot compare SMB wid our forum, dey are both excellent boards, dat are sweet in diiferent ways, we would never compare them. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Hey Supa, great post mate. I understand what you say about wanting Carlos to join an EPL club but Sunderland are bigger than a lot of the clubs in the EPL anyway.

Sunderland is a club that gets under your skin, many players feel it when they play for us, many players after playing at Sunderland say that Sunderland is now their club. Please don't be upset about us being a Championship club as we will soon be in the EPL, maybe not next season but soon.

With our Irish connection we now have 6 plane loads of Irish fans flying over to every home game, maybe soon we shall see some T&T guys flying in.

Stay chilled Dude  :beermug:

Offline Quinderland

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 02:42:07 PM »

Hey Supa, great post mate. I understand what you say about wanting Carlos to join an EPL club but Sunderland are bigger than a lot of the clubs in the EPL anyway.

Sunderland is a club that gets under your skin, many players feel it when they play for us, many players after playing at Sunderland say that Sunderland is now their club. Please don't be upset about us being a Championship club as we will soon be in the EPL, maybe not next season but soon.

With our Irish connection we now have 6 plane loads of Irish fans flying over to every home game, maybe soon we shall see some T&T guys flying in.

I've got to agree with Cartman here. I only lived in sunderland when i was at university between 94-97 but have been an avid supporter of SAFC since 95. It's a team like no other, and bigger than many premiership teams. We WILL make it there (the prem) very soon, and im chuffed to bits at how Keane's influence is attracting key players.

By the way, when youse do eventually bring a plane load over to the game, can I get a lift back with youse? I've never been to T&T. You can have my seat on one of the irish planes if you like.   ;D  :beermug:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »

So true everything yuh said boss, ah was doing some reading up on de fan base, my gawd it is amazing, ah doh know if a might be going 2 far by saying dis, but ah think as far as support and fan base go, dey are up there wid clibs like Man U, Arsenal and Liverrpool. I'm new as far as geeting in-depth info on Sunderland, so you can correct me if I'm wrong. If de fans support like dat in de Championship, gawd knows dey will bring de house down in de EPL, dis will be something special fuh we bois when dey go tuh de EPL, dey will love every moment of it. Ah said when, cuz it really looking like ah reality fuh Sunderland tuh move up tuh de EPL. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:01:55 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »
Supa, Sunderland used to be a massive club, one of the great clubs of the last century. Our highest gate at our old ground was over 75,000. We used to be known as 'The Bank of England Club' as we were once the richest club in England.

The potential is still there and the fan base is still there, we just need a little success on the pitch and the stadium will not be big enough.

Check out the history here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland_afc

Keep the faith Dude

Highly Blessed  ;)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »

I've got to agree with Cartman here. I only lived in sunderland when i was at university between 94-97 but have been an avid supporter of SAFC since 95. It's a team like no other, and bigger than many premiership teams. We WILL make it there (the prem) very soon, and im chuffed to bits at how Keane's influence is attracting key players.

By the way, when youse do eventually bring a plane load over to the game, can I get a lift back with youse? I've never been to T&T. You can have my seat on one of the irish planes if you like.   ;D  :beermug:

Cheers Quinderland, I think it's awesome you fell in love with Sunderland whilst at Uni, fair play mate

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »
Supa, Sunderland used to be a massive club, one of the great clubs of the last century. Our highest gate at our old ground was over 75,000. We used to be known as 'The Bank of England Club' as we were once the richest club in England.

The potential is still there and the fan base is still there, we just need a little success on the pitch and the stadium will not be big enough.

Keep the faith Dude

Highly Blessed  ;)

Cartman, thanks fuh de info, like ah said before, de Enterprise doing some reading, tuh try and learn more about de club. You said Sunderland was once the richest club in England and the highest gate was 75,000, wow, dat is ah big statement you made there. What do you think caused the failure(from EPL to Championship)? Was it because the past manager or managers, spent the money badly, on players that didn't make any difference on the pitch? HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:43:37 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »

Keep the faith Dude

Highly Blessed  ;)

Cartman, thanks fuh de info, like ah said before, de Enterprise doing some reading, tuh try and learn more about de club. You said Sunderland was once the richest club in England and the highest gate was 75,000, wow, dat is ah big statement you made there. What do you think caused the failure(from EPL to Championship)? Was it because the past manager or managers, spent the money badly, on players that didn't make any difference on the pitch? HIGHLY BLESSED.

Don't know why it all went wrong mate but for the last 20 years or so we have been a yoyo club getting promoted and relegated. We had a spell under Peter Reid around 2001 when we finished 7th in the EPL 2 seasons running but we did not invest at the time and Reid made some bad signings.

We are still paying for Reid's mistakes now  >:(

Offline Makm

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 10:54:37 AM »

Keep the faith Dude

Highly Blessed  ;)

Don't know why it all went wrong mate but for the last 20 years or so we have been a yoyo club getting promoted and relegated. We had a spell under Peter Reid around 2001 when we finished 7th in the EPL 2 seasons running but we did not invest at the time and Reid made some bad signings.

We are still paying for Reid's mistakes now  >:(

But we also have a lot to thank him for, the team was going nowhere before he took over.

Offline SAFC Demon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Into The Light
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 10:58:01 AM »
reidy should have left at the end of the 17th place season and let someone else have a go - instead bob let him waste 22million and THEN sacked him  ???
Roy Keane's Red and White Army......... Ha'way the lads!

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
reidy should have left at the end of the 17th place season and let someone else have a go - instead bob let him waste 22million and THEN sacked him  ???

agree 100%

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »
well things are going to change I reckon  ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »
Cartman, De mon and Makm, thank you gentlemen for your input on my question. From my experience in playing and following this game, I just had a feeling some serious money was spent badly, that is why I asked that question. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
£8m on Tore Andre Flo....he was rubbish!  :devil:

Offline SAFC Demon

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Into The Light
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »

not one of our finest moments - it was all about proving we could spend big money on a player, they didnt stop to think who the player was though.
Roy Keane's Red and White Army......... Ha'way the lads!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »

hahah..Tore had his day tho' and every manager likes to think they have the Allardyce touch and can get the best of an aging albeit written-off talent. Well...sometimes you get a Tor Andre Flo...but if you're lucky... you might get a Dwight Yorke  ;)

1]; } ?>