May 01, 2024, 03:05:43 PM

Author Topic: wim is ah borse at instilling confidence ent?  (Read 14645 times)

truetrini

wim is ah borse at instilling confidence ent?
« on: February 06, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
T&T outplayed by Costa Rica

"I don't know if a lot of these players can make the next step," stated Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen.

"It was not a hard game...this is just the reality. We can see that making the next level will be a very difficult one. I guarantee that if we go with this team to Chile, for instance, it will be a much tougher game than this."

I feel dat de dutch doofus should find ah new work, ah mean why waste time coaching ah team ah players wha cyar make it tuh de next level?

Some fools go say he telling de trute, but ah want tuh draw ah parallel between Bertille and Beenie.

allyuh remember when Bertille as saying we players cyar pass and trap?  All call fuh he head..I admit I was wrong about Bertile, and den Beenie take dem same men and qualify.

So what head wim on?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: wim is ah borse at instilling confidence ent?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »

"I don't know if a lot of these players can make the next step," stated Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen.

"It was not a hard game...this is just the reality. We can see that making the next level will be a very difficult one. I guarantee that if we go with this team to Chile, for instance, it will be a much tougher game than this."

I feel dat de dutch doofus should find ah new work, ah mean why waste time coaching ah team ah players wha cyar make it tuh de next level?

Some fools go say he telling de trute, but ah want tuh draw ah parallel between Bertille and Beenie.

allyuh remember when Bertille as saying we players cyar pass and trap?  All call fuh he head..I admit I was wrong about Bertile, and den Beenie take dem same men and qualify.

So what head wim on?

wait nuh where he put down the players ?  :rotfl: oh gosh yuh does read into statements wim eh bawl they cyar trap and pass like bertille or nothing of the sort ...what he saying is guys have to raise their game to the next level and he cannot pass that judgment based on one game  or 2 games .... he is still hoping while looking in the local league for talent....
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:43:08 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »

So what head wim on?

He really is a shadow of Beenhakker.

I don't see the stern control over his team, I dont see the family relationship.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
Rijsbergen cautioned that players who want to be part of his CONCACAF Gold Cup and 2010 World Cup squads have to be prepared to do work besides  just training with the national team

He said all great players have found ways to improve themselves apart from the rest.

dey just have to dig deep down inside and work  ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:49:31 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »

So what head wim on?

I don't see the stern control over his team, I dont see the family relationship.

what yuh see den
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:46:02 PM by triniman »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 02:46:49 PM »

So what head wim on?

talk yuh talk breds...noone cah convince you otherwise.heheh. But Beenie side and Bertille side were very different. There were key personnel changes and tactical differences. Juts a few examples...no Dwarika, no Tiger, no Errol MacFarlane, no Marlon Rojas, in the starting line up. In with Birchall, Avery John and Kelvin Jack in the starting line up. Yorke eventually move to midfield, and Kenwyne as the 2nd striker who, not unlike the new Latas and Silvio Spann, was used as  a vital subs who started a few games and almost always used. Also, Bertille was doing assness while points was on the line with supposedly our full complement of European and local-based players. If Wim had the full complement of T&T players available to choose from, and the team was getting that kind of wash during WC qualifying....then you can make a fair comparison..otherwise you kinda just sounding like you have an agenda
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:49:55 PM by Filho »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
"i dont know if alot of the players can make the step up"

as a player there are two ways you can respond to this.
1. think the coach have no confidence in u and sulk.
2. be determined to prove that u are one of the players who can make the step up.

what kind of players you want representing your country? if you want the second kind then you shouldnt consider a statement like that a bad thing.  

the men who he dont have confidence in probably going to get replaced anyways.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »

2. be determined to prove that u are one of the players who can make the step up.

what kind of players you want representing your country? if you want the second kind then you shouldnt consider a statement like that a bad thing.  

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »

So what head wim on?

what yuh see den

nothing. you?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »

Completely right.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »

wait...yuh turn to a Wim hater too?

If anything Wim is much more personable that Leo....joking around with the players on the plane.  Arbitrary things really but I doh see where you coming from with the family relationship thing.
U sure is not the HATE vibe u getting from certain posters here   :whistling:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 04:00:10 PM by dcs »

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »

allyuh remember when Bertille as saying we players cyar pass and trap?  All call fuh he head..I admit I was wrong about Bertile, and den Beenie take dem same men and qualify.

So what head wim on?

Yuh call for Bertille head only after we get 5 in Guatemala and we had to face Costa Rica at home...NOT because he say we team was bad. In fact, go back and read your posts on this board and the old board and you will see that you were blaming the team even more than Bertille initially.

Truetrini said on March 19th 2005 12:22 am,
Some man here feel we National team talented.  I eh feel so.  I supporting hard, but I feel this is one ah we most talentless National teams ever.

Doh some go say we have probably de most talent now

Steups.

Truetrini again said on  March 26, 2005, 11:59:25 PM
Tallman ah bet yuh Bertille play shit too ent_

Dat team is de worse T/T team in plenty years.

Maybe de worse!

De coach have to go, because that is how it is in dis business, but Jesus cyar save dis team!

That being said, you entitled to your view on Wim.
If our PROFESSIONAL players cant use what he said as motivation to prove the "kakahole" wrong, then them loss half the war already.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
Dawn, you preach....that is my sentiments exactly, when wim dem sit down and watch game tape, yuh cyah friggin hide!!!! it go be right dey in color for everybody to see when yuh slacking off on we national team
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 04:07:29 PM »

wait...yuh turn to a Wim hater too?

If anything Wim is much more personable that Leo....joking around with the players on the plane.  Arbitrary things really but I doh see where you coming from with the family relationship thing.
U sure is not the HATE vibe u getting from certain posters here   :whistling:

haha not at all... Let me elaborate... when I said family relationship I should have made it more clear thatwhat I perceive as a footballing family is the coach being the father... Supportive but stern and realistic, has rules and instills disiplin in his children.

Wim isnt ah bad family member he just eh de fada... he is de friendly older brother...

I just havent seen the kinda disiplin the team showed back when Beenie was boss... too many mistakes... and I dont think he's being hard enough on them...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 04:12:15 PM »
Men asking Wim to turn water into wine.  The sad reality is that our level of local football is deplorable.  It all goes back to the level of coaching that these fellas receive at the club level.  We seriously lagging behind in terms of coaching, and it translates into poor development of players.  By the time they get to the national team, they have bad habits that hard to break.  There needs to be better coaching at the grassroots level at home. 

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
Wim is a better coach than Beenie in my opinion. It is surprising that when we under the worst possible coach some were saying give him a chance and the other sets of bulshit to seem objective. Now we have a real coach every asshole has left their "objectiveness" at the door and want to play they know about the game. One said yesterday that the coach did not adjust in the second half.

Adjust to what?  This is, in case many of you have missed it, one of the weakest set of individuals put together in national coolors. But they have accredited themselves well against weaker opposition. Let CR and Panama enjoy the wins we will see them at the GC with our TEAM. Lets see your various responses then.

As Wim rightfully said, there are more coaches than players in T&T. So to all the naysayers and "experts" we have a team to build for the WC. HEdge your bets like me and Step off the bus like I did when Bertille was in charge. Under Wim we ARE going to the WC. And yes, he is a great motivator. Finally we will see all those lazy wannabees suddenly start doing their own work on their own time if they wish to step up.

I like his form og motivation as a coach. It is much better than "they want meh head becz they doh like me".

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 04:28:29 PM »

allyuh remember when Bertille as saying we players cyar pass and trap?  All call fuh he head..I admit I was wrong about Bertile, and den Beenie take dem same men and qualify.

So what head wim on?

Yuh call for Bertille head only after we get 5 in Guatemala and we had to face Costa Rica at home...NOT because he say we team was bad. In fact, go back and read your posts on this board and the old board and you will see that you were blaming the team even more than Bertille initially.

Truetrini said on March 19th 2005 12:22 am,
Some man here feel we National team talented.  I eh feel so.  I supporting hard, but I feel this is one ah we most talentless National teams ever.

Doh some go say we have probably de most talent now

Steups.

Truetrini again said on  March 26, 2005, 11:59:25 PM
Tallman ah bet yuh Bertille play shit too ent_

Dat team is de worse T/T team in plenty years.

Maybe de worse!

De coach have to go, because that is how it is in dis business, but Jesus cyar save dis team!

That being said, you entitled to your view on Wim.
If our PROFESSIONAL players cant use what he said as motivation to prove the "kakahole" wrong, then them loss half the war already.

yow post all dat ah say back den, not just snippets!  I admitted that Bertille had to go, and at the time the way the team was playing I felt they were shit!  That is exactly why I feel dat I can draw parallels between Bertille and Wim, exactly why.  I eh ashamed to say I was wrong about Bertille, at all!  I KNOW I right about Wim, he is ah shit hound jes like Bertille!

That is exactly why I have de feelings I have about Wim now, ah learn meh lesson, a good coach can instil disclipine, belief and the will to win!  What has Wim instilled and inculcated?  Dat dey too slow, dey too unfit and de PFL eh good!

Dat is like a fadder telling he overweight chile dat he is ah BIG fat slob, a glutton and he is ah waste ah break!  How is dat going to motivate de chile to get healthy???

Wim have to go, and yes ah have ah damn agenda...and its getting de best coach fuh T&T!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 04:30:49 PM by truetrini »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »

Wim have to go, and yes ah have ah damn agenda...and its getting de best coach fuh T&T!

So what exactly are Wim's flaws as a coach. You and I ccan disagree from now on his form of motivation. I like it! so there...now tell me about his technical flaws that you and possibly all the the other great coaches in T&T have already worked out. Its funny that the other caribbean teams with their full squads could not work it out.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 06:52:13 PM »

So what head wim on?

yuh gone off on Wim again eh!
He on the same head Beenie was on, he is a realist, he not candy coating his synopsis, he not telling yuh hard luck try again next time.
he saying "listen yuh not ready for this level right now, and if you dont put in the work you wont progress", in fact i did have a problem with Bertile ah did find he was always too positive after we take some licks, is like he could not see the flaws in the team.  As a coach you have to be the most critical person of the teams performance, and if the performance was a load then expect to be told so. I woulda be vex if after a poorly played game, he come talking well we did alot of things right, and the guys just needed a few lucky breaks tonight.  That to me would mean he aint really care or he dont know a dam thing.

True, you think Wim is wrong in his view of the skill level of the local players and his expectations for intl matches?
Do you think alot of the local guys have a personal work out regeime, like the ones Jerry Rice and Kobe and other such professional athletes are known for in their offseasons?
Do you think another coach can take these local guys and get a better result right now? If yes by doing what differently?

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »
There is a difference between wim and myself. I am a fan he is a coach.  He is the leader, motivator and professor..I am a spectator.

What he says to the press, the public and the players has a direct impact on confidence, when man was bawling down Stern he eh let it bother he, he bus de net and tell allyuh haul allyuh modder@#$%.

lol

I go lay off Wim, all de men I real respect like him, I don't so I go keep quiet.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:30 PM »

So what head wim on?

yuh gone off on Wim again eh!
He on the same head Beenie was on, he is a realist, he not candy coating his synopsis, he not telling yuh hard luck try again next time.
he saying "listen yuh not ready for this level right now, and if you dont put in the work you wont progress", in fact i did have a problem with Bertile ah did find he was always too positive after we take some licks, is like he could not see the flaws in the team. As a coach you have to be the most critical person of the teams performance, and if the performance was a load then expect to be told so. I woulda be vex if after a poorly played game, he come talking well we did alot of things right, and the guys just needed a few lucky breaks tonight. That to me would mean he aint really care or he dont know a dam thing.

True, you think Wim is wrong in his view of the skill level of the local players and his expectations for intl matches?
Do you think alot of the local guys have a personal work out regeime, like the ones Jerry Rice and Kobe and other such professional athletes are known for in their offseasons?
Do you think another coach can take these local guys and get a better result right now? If yes by doing what differently?

breddah, tt talking about the psychological aspects of coaching here, I think fellahs not realizing that, motivation is key to any successful team, self motivation also, but only in certain circumstances puttin down a person works, other times it juss makes the transition that much harder, it depends on the individual, nothing is wrong with wim pointing out flaws of the team and working on dem, but quick disregard of players after the japan game for instance and now the costa rica result, could only hinder development, football is 80% mental, people talking about training and fitness, yes these are vital, but the mental fortitude and awareness, knowledge, ability to read the game and identify mistakes is very important, building confidence is key, i think if wim held a camp and went over the fundamentals and worked with the locals without relying on the clubs, we would see a drastic change.. :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
i think if wim held a camp and went over the fundamentals and worked with the locals without relying on the clubs, we would see a drastic change..

so are you saying he have to teach these big men (hardest bleeder tiger jack ) the fundamentals to see a change ....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 07:22:42 PM »
Well yes....TI defennin TT now.

Nex ting 2 a dem release a kumbaya remix... :)

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 07:37:09 PM »
I wish more ah allyuh was like TI in certain ways.  I doh agree with him at all times, in fact most ah de times ah does disagree.

But to be honest, de man is de most die hard and patriotic poster here!  ANd is he love fuh T&T dat makes him more unique dan de shit he does sometimes talk.

If we having ah kumbaya, ah holding in de nether regions ah canada,,and yuh sure to be invited....!

If Wim had one tenth ah de passion and love fuh T&T dat TI has...we would be a shoo-in fuh de World Cup 2010.

dat is de trute!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »
we need a coach that could sweet talk. wim playing like this is the dutch national team where yuh could speak your mind and people could take some hard talk.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

If Wim had one tenth ah de passion and love fuh T&T dat TI has...we would be a shoo-in fuh de World Cup 2010.

dat is de trute!

HAUL YUH arse give the man a chance yuh tooooo myopic yuh cyar see past yuh nose ... get the big picture he building he trying to push players to improve deyself instead ah telling them they cyar trap and pass shit man... wha he doing in tnt using us ?? steeps. suppose if we flop what will be his record as a coach then eh .... stay they and think he dont want us to succeed if we flop wha wuk he go get if we do real good everyone benifits more doors open fuh everyone . I fed up ah yuh jess being a blasted pessimist when it come to wim....li guess he remind you of yuh self  when yuh  used to teach( if dat is true cause yuh said yuh was in the army fuh 30 years so i eh know which one to believe) :rotfl: :devil:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
TT I don't mean to pile on but I have to disagree with yuh.

The man talking facts and he not saying anything opposite to th efans. Everybody who rating up the side and talking about 2010 will replace 80% of them men if all the foreign-based were available.

The side is young and if better can't be done he willing to work with them, just as we, as fans would rate them up and talk about 2010, but he would be blind to think that a) they ready or b) all of them will eventually make it.

The man have the job for half a year and he hasn't had the best players available as yet, he definitely needs more time.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 08:00:18 PM »
we need a coach that could sweet talk. wim playing like this is the dutch national team where yuh could speak your mind and people could take some hard talk.

I was never in any army, but I could have been....you on de odder hand couldn't join de f**king Salvation Army as ah bell ringer yuh cokey eye club foot cretin.

and me eh laffing...yuh love yuh white man dem...dat much my myopic eyes can see.  

I could handle all de pouring on yuh could bring!  ALL!

Wim eh ready and despite all his experience as a player he eh no damn coach.  A good coach is concerned about the morale of his team, he doh break down, he lifts up, instead ah criticising, he shows ways to improve, he doh run to de press BEFORE ah game and make excuses why he expect de team to lose!

I would replace most ah dem players mehself, but he has dem to work with so he should!

A good coach will make his players see what they can be rather than what they are... Pat Riley.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 08:03:47 PM by truetrini »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »
TT, how do you know that wim eh just reacting to the vibe he see in training? these comments he making might have more context. ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
TT, how do you know that wim eh just reacting to the vibe he see in training? these comments he making might have more context. ???

he vex that wim say they need to step it up and dat  cancel the columbia and mexico games he have tabanca poor guy i tink he fustrated :devil:

1]; } ?>