April 26, 2024, 04:39:25 AM

Author Topic: How can our team learn from a 4 - 0 drubbing ?  (Read 6031 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How can our team learn from a 4 - 0 drubbing ?
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:53:53 AM »
The question of how or what does a team learn from a drubbing has been plaguing me for a long time and I welcome my more learned forumites to impart their knowledge on the topic.  I know it have a couple coaches and ex-national players in the forum....and plenty armchair coaches too.  COOPS this is your kinda topic.

You see, is years now I keep hearing after every game we lose, the coaches and players make the statement "we HAVE to learn from the experience and move on." 
So then I ask myself, have we really learned from the defeat, if so what, and how do we implement what was learnt ? 
Is there a post-game review with the technical staff and players ?
Do they watch over the match tapes and point out flaws, go on the training ground and correct them ?
What about now where team split up right after the game and man gone back where dey come from, or back to the clubs to continue with their flaws ?
While the game going on, do players 'learn' anything about the opponents, or only after when the coach point it out ?
And like the case of several teams in the past, after the loss, the team change up, so is new players in the team now....would these new players have benefitted from the supposed learnings of the previous team ?  Even now where we still experimenting with players.
Maybe is just the coach alone does 'learn' from the side line and hopefully try to correct the flaws in subsequent training sessions...since he is most likely the only sure pick to all the teams.

Is it just a statement you make at the post-match press conference to save face, or try to keep a positive outlook ?  I does fed-up hear Brian Lara say that after every friggin game WI lose, and then man go back to the next game and NOTHING change, same licks.

Look the coach say Hardest not fit, Hardest heself say he not fit, it take him half a club season, the pre-tournament training, whole Digicel Cup tournament, and two friendlies...over two months of competitive football, and he still not fit after the last friendly against CR.  Nothing against Hardest (eh TI), just using that as an example to see how/what we learn from past games.  Since the hex some years ago, men on this board talking about the weaknesses in defence, or our defensive game, and up to yesterday men STILL talking about that as a weakness and the cause for the drubbing from CR.

So fellas, I am not trying to be naive or cynical towards the teams.  I know is not a prefect world so when allyuh responding doh say "you could never tell how a game will go or how the ball go bounce".  It hadda be more than that.  Help mih out here nah.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
Re: How can our team learn from a 4 - 0 drubbing ?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »
There are many factors to consider including what you learn from the previous wins. The long term plan will shape what is a priority area for improvement. You'll notice that the coach has already specified some key areas that he believes needs the most improvement.
Start with fitness-: the player's lifestyle and committment to fitness preparation (Coops) along with his club environment has the major responsibility in this area. If a player is aware that he may have the opportunity to be called into the national camp, he must stay prepared physically, because the national camp is a limited time for fitness to be addressed.
Technical ability/Tactical awareness-: To be a national player you must have a certain level of technical ability , but the key here is the ability to perform under pressure. Again, a player's club environment and the level of the league they are playing in would be a major factor here. When the player arrives at national camp, the coaching staff will create the training environment that will challenge the player's technical ability and tactical awareness. If players are breezing through their league play, then they may be in a comfort zone that does not allow them to be ready for the next level.
What you learn after a big loss-: coaches have to evaluate the weaknesses of the team on that day and identify  the most critical aspects...you can't fix everything after the one game, but what you identify as critical must be your focus. The coach should give each player an individual evaluation and a plan of action for them to follow. For example; if fitness is an issue there should be a standard that the players must meet and maintain if they want to be considered for the national team. The use of certain fitness test (beep test) and technological instruments (heart rate monitors) is necessary to accomplish this.
Other areas of the game-first touch under pressure; distribution; movement off the ball if identified as critial, the coach should give players certain pointers on how they could improve, however, the training environment they return to after national duty is important.
Psychology & Performance-: This is probably the most critical area the coach and his staff has to address after a 4-0 drubbing. They are many ways to approach this, but it depends on how the team actually performed as opposed to the actual scoreline. If the team played well but gave up goals on set pieces the coach may have a positive spin on things, on the other hand, if the team did not perform well based on the game plan , then the coach may have to offer a big dose of reality. Sometimes it may make a big difference to a player if he hears that if he does not improve in certain things them he may not have much opportunity to play for the national team in the future.
I watched Brazil play Portugal and heard that DUNGA only wants players who are willing to die for the national team shirt...(Kingman made this point in another post). My friends from Nigeria say the same thing...it's war when you show up at national camp because a chance to wear that shirt is the pinnacle of a true players ambition. Now we know how much talent Brazil has so if the coach putting that kind of pressure and challenge to his players to get them to perform, then perhaps this is a possible way for the T&T staff to approach our national players after a lackluster performance...perhaps!!! 
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »
Apart from learning about technical and tactical aspects of the game - I think the 4-0 drubbing could be a lesson in perspective for some of these players. Many of the players would not have played against a team of such quality and may not have understood what it meant to play international football. Everything is relative, and these fellas are probably used to being the best among their counterparts. And an experience like this can help them reevaluate where they stand in terms of the bigger picture and give them an idea of how much more work they need to do and how much more they need to push themselves.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »
I hear what yuh saying CK, but how do we address the situation, when like now, where the team split up after the CR game ?  Some men gone back to the US and some back to the PFL.  Wim already mentioned the low level of the PFL.  He also mention that he hoping to have a different team (including foreign based) for the next game against Chile...in March.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »
Wim already realise that only a few would be chosen from this squad. The Digicel players have to do their own homework. hard work and personal sacrifices in order to be part of the 2010 Team. Wim correctly said that the foreign players need to mix with the locals, to raise their level and give some guidance.
 With the present impasse , I dont know what the future holds. I know had I been a coach no way am I going with this squad to the Gold Cup. Wim must tell the powers that be that he needs the foreign base against Chile.
 After all the man building his reputation, so he must tell it as it is.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
My view is this,all what i've gathered here from these posts are quite valid,most of it can only be adopted depending on a team by team situation,in today's game most teams don't even have the time to come together before a game much less look at opposition tapes/scout etc a lot of times you don't know who you playing against or what formation teams using until they appear on the field,this is the World of Football is not like you can read a script and when you go out there that's how it going to be.

In the past two days we watch six teams from the last WC play,posters on here upset about who play shyt and who should beat who etc etc if you look carefully how many players on those teams played in the last WC,somebody say is a US B side,guys it does not matter these team have long term plans and know what they are doing,all of them win when it matters most,i'm sure they are all in the next WC.

I've always said T&T have to try and come up with some formula/system that will work for us because we never have our players around to do anything,our teams change rapidly,players are never sure if they going to play so they are never mentally prepared for anything,what's the sense a player prepare himself for the national team and because of some shyt with Jabloteh he was rejected,as some ppl on here said it's a different kind of human being that represents a national team,i never play Mass or used to go to Fete because of Football it never affected me,now you have to take players out the country what discipline is that.

I see countrys flying in players from all over the world the day before a game and those teams perform excellent,that's not an easy thing to do,it's a way of life these guys live,i remember Klinsman saying if his players not playing regularly on a devision 1 club team they could not represent Germany.What ppl don't understand is besides Fitness,Technical skill,Touches,Running off the ball etc etc you need to be able to think(Brains) what's the ique of the average player on our team.

Do countrys have Tryouts for players like we do?for instance England the national team staff watch their players play and train on a daily basis,i'm sure other countrys have a different systems that work for them,i remember Everad trying some years ago to develop a system for all our clubs to follow so when players came to the national team there would not be a problem to fit in,to get to the next level you have to play at that level.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40:32 PM »
When yuh get beat by 4 goals, every player have to take responsibility for that. Yuh cannot say is de defense or de midfield, de forwards or de keeper. Every player has to take responsibility and evaluate what they contributed or failed to contribute that resulted in the drubbing.

For one thing, they, every last one of them, should personally realize that they NEED to raise the level of their game.

Coupled with that, perhaps there are areas of the game that the coach might try to stress during practice, but for personal comfort level or even from previous experience, a player might have a different approach. During the game, he might tend to stick to his preference, ignoring what the coach stress and pay the price during the game.

Example: A defender might like to lay off the opposing forward and give himself space and time to react, and this might be because it works in the lesser league he plays in. The coach might try to encourage him to play somewhat closer to the forward to close him down quicker. During the game, the defender might resort to his preference and in laying off, might allow the forward time to shoot or make pin-point crosses that results in goals. That could be a learning experience whereby he sees what the coach has been saying all along about when you step up in competition, better players will punish you for allowing them time and space.

A lot depends on whether the players execute what the coaches try to work on in practice.  
Toujour Pret!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 01:20:26 PM »
After hearing very good comments on how we can learn from our defeat i want to make some statements on how we cannot learn.

We know the standard and level of our players/Coaches,Leagues etc etc that's why we brought in foreign Coaches,we got them here because we need help we don't want to hear what we already know,all these guys doing is criticizing our Football,we does talk about Jamaica if that was Jamaica you never hear that Bora can't entertain that thought,listen to his comments over there,he even working with their Youth team,these guys have to come up with better excuses,i just don't think even if it's reality that Coaches should be saying these things to a league or players.

Wim said he looking for more talent can anyone tell me what more we have,i sympathise with our coaching staffs they are between a Rock and a hard place because you can't work with what you don't have.For the size of our country is only so far we can reach in Football,do some ppl expect us to be a world power?since i following Football is the same countrys that dominateing does that tell us something.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:24:27 PM by Coop's »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »
Coops

Good points and let me show you the reason why we will never learn.

the TTFF or the players will find some way to 4cup theyself or the team, thus there is no continuity and the script will always be re written.

Example 1...Went world cup, things in place for continuity. We admin pull the wool over players eye, they suing, they ban and now team hadda start from scratch.

Example 2...Clayton Ince is the starting goalie for the national team. We on a good run of games, we doing well. He get sick, coast in training, throw a tantrum, ask back for he passport and play the last game for TT......when we didnt have shaka and jack was a distant #3

Example 3....We in a crucial part of the qualifers, we could still salvage something and come 3rd. We playing a game at home and our Captain dwight yorke and russel latapy get ketch on a boat in Bdos liming and banned from the team.

Example 4....we just beat mexico...we big player have to go back to his club, the Govnt and Jack give him a helicopter to get to the airport. instead he overs and goes st james to lime.
Bench in he arse after, no more WC game and he is out the door at ManU.

Example 5....in the middle of a gold cup tournament we have players leaving the squad to go and play club matches.

Example 6..the most hurtful one too...Gold Cup...we now draw Costa Rica, men have game against martinique the following day and 2:30 in the morning Half the team in a free drinks a Generation X party in Miami smoking and drinking. Needless to say we get cutarse from martinique and come last in the group.

We ent now start to get licks....we ent now start to learn...dem fellas duncey from administration right down to players. We hear bout we go learn and move on since 89.

Ent we didnt want to be like Jamaica...go WC and never return....right now we looking so.

We gettin level licks for years and we never learn nuttin. Really and truly, we only had a final good run of games in the hex and it is a miracle we qualify for the WC. Especially them last two games against Guatemala and Mexico.

Whappen is we so accustommed to licks it has become the norm and a win is now something of a surprise.

My old lessons teacher Mr. JD Elder used to say "nothing is ever taught, unless and until it is learnt"

With that quote in mind we have been taught nothing.

Dat talk bout we have to learn from our mistakes and move orn, is a politically correct term to say we play shit. From Lara to Yorke and now theobold using the line. It is as if they have a pamphlet or teleprompter dey does read orf.

Also in media you have to put up a brave face and never admit yuh have a problem. You have to look like a winner or attempt to look like yuh trying.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:55:53 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
Well I'm hearing plenty talk about the "NEXT LEVEL"...even Wim was suggesting that CR is a level above T&T, and Chile probably a level above CR, so he really don't want to go there with no shit side.

So now that we learnt there is something called "the next level" (and we learnt that some years ago), how do we get ALL our players at the club level to play at the 'next level'.  It might not make sense for one or two players in a club to be at one level and the others dragging they foot.  Ah feel we probably brushed on that topic in Kingman thread...about a player wanting to play at the next level consistently.

I hear Beckham in an interview saying he does practice kicking a ball into a tyre from some distance away...and he have to 'score' 500 times before he go home...and that is after team training eh.  Latas talk about he alone on the field, before and after team training, trying to better himself.  Is it that kinda committment we want to reach the next level ?  One thing I am sure about is that when we do reach the next level, it is much easier to recognise and learn from our mistakes.

I like yuh last post Coop's.  I remember the brazilian coach we had for a few months, D' Olliviera I think it was, say that when he want a class left footed winger in Brazil, he could get at least 10,000 quality players to choose from.  For every position, he had at least 10,000 bess men to choose from.  So he doh have to mix and match players in various positions.  If we have 10,000 footballers at any level/position, we have plenty.  So being a powerhouse rigth now kinda outta we reach in truth.

Touches, ah was hoping you woulda post, as usual yuh on song sah.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »
Coops

the TTFF or the players will find some way to 4cup theyself or the team, thus there is no continuity and the script will always be re written.

Example 1...Went world cup, things in place for continuity. We admin pull the wool over players eye, they suing, they ban and now team hadda start from scratch.

Example 2...Clayton Ince is the starting goalie for the national team. We on a good run of games, we doing well. He get sick, coast in training, throw a tantrum, ask back for he passport and play the last game for TT......when we didnt have shaka and jack was a distant #3

Example 3....We in a crucial part of the qualifers, we could still salvage something and come 3rd. We playing a game at home and our Captain dwight yorke and russel latapy get ketch on a boat in Bdos liming and banned from the team.

Example 4....we just beat mexico...we big player have to go back to his club, the Govnt and Jack give him a helicopter to get to the airport. instead he overs and goes st james to lime.

Example 5....in the middle of a gold cup tournament we have players leaving the squad to go and play club matches.

Example 6..the most hurtful one too...Gold Cup...we now draw Costa Rica, men have game against martinique the following day and 2:30 in the morning Half the team in a free drinks a Generation X party in Miami smoking and drinking. Needless to say we get cutarse from martinique and come last in the group.

We ent now start to get licks....we ent now start to learn...dem fellas duncey from administration right down to players. We hear bout we go learn and move on since 89.

Ent we didnt want to be like Jamaica...go WC and never return....right now we looking so.

We gettin level licks for years and we never learn nuttin. Really and truly, we only had a final good run of games in the hex and it is a miracle we qualify for the WC. Especially them last two games against Guatemala and Mexico.

Whappen is we so accustommed to licks it has become the norm and a win is now something of a surprise.

My old lessons teacher Mr. JD Elder used to say "nothing is ever taught, unless and until it is learnt"

Dat talk bout we have to learn from our mistakes and move orn, is a politically correct term to say we play shit. From Lara to Yorke and now theobold using the line. It is as if they have a pamphlet or teleprompter dey does read orf.

Also in media you have to put up a brave face and never admit yuh have a problem. You have to look like a winner or attempt to look like yuh trying.
     :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
  Touches i can't agree with you more,i know know you are a man of high standards and nothing is wrong with that.I've learned  not to expect much from T&T Football,the little success we have seem to be enough for the country,i have stopped being critical of our Football because i've been around every aspect of the game at home and i know the players in the game(the big game/politics)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
Touches....Yuh drive d nail right thru d board :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »
Coops

:applause:

really worth the read.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
Answer a question fuh mih. All these years men playing fuh de country and not getting nutten financially. We always had men with some kinda talent. Now mih question. How far does " love of de game " and " proud to represent mih country " really go?  Allyuh really feel it easy to be fit and ready to play international games. Our players for de most part are still part-time players playing against men who eating right, doing strength training and living and resting comfortably all year round. In de past, most of our players who reached this level have done so at an older age and dey can't really carry de national team for years. Could you imagine Latas talent as a 16 yr old going to Barcelona to develop? Until a situation develops where we can have our young players( talking bout 14- 18 or so, not 25 like allyuh does call young sometimes) prepared to compete physically and mentally with top countries, we need to accept what we are and not expect to beat bigger countries regularly. What is de real motivation for these youths? 14 yr old does get pay to train england and these places yuh know. Man talking bout " beep " test and cooper's test. Allyuh feel running 2 mile in 12 min easy. Steups. Like christiano ronaldo and robinho and dem eating doubles and mauby and waiting fuh maxi to go training. Just like with allyuh wuk, if yuh get paid nothing yuh motivation low, if yuh rewards high yuh motivation high. A man must run round de savannah 10 time a day, lift weights, kick 500 shot like beckham , doh go no carnival fete, and get $500 tt for a national team appearance to keep people happy. Steups again
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 05:19:49 PM »
Coops

We doh normally like tuh read post dat so long eh, just because most of us here are always on de move, so we does try tuh read as much post as we can before getting off. Any way meh point is dat, we started tuh read yuh post, although it was long, we couldn't stop. Real boss post sah, yuh cud walk around wid yuh chest up, wid dis one  :applause: :applause:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 05:28:59 PM »
Answer a question fuh mih. All these years men playing fuh de country and not getting nutten financially. We always had men with some kinda talent. Now mih question. How far does " love of de game " and " proud to represent mih country " really go?  Allyuh really feel it easy to be fit and ready to play international games. Our players for de most part are still part-time players playing against men who eating right, doing strength training and living and resting comfortably all year round. In de past, most of our players who reached this level have done so at an older age and dey can't really carry de national team for years. Could you imagine Latas talent as a 16 yr old going to Barcelona to develop? Until a situation develops where we can have our young players( talking bout 14- 18 or so, not 25 like allyuh does call young sometimes) prepared to compete physically and mentally with top countries, we need to accept what we are and not expect to beat bigger countries regularly. What is de real motivation for these youths? 14 yr old does get pay to train england and these places yuh know. Man talking bout " beep " test and cooper's test. Allyuh feel running 2 mile in 12 min easy. Steups. Like christiano ronaldo and robinho and dem eating doubles and mauby and waiting fuh maxi to go training. Just like with allyuh wuk, if yuh get paid nothing yuh motivation low, if yuh rewards high yuh motivation high. A man must run round de savannah 10 time a day, lift weights, kick 500 shot like beckham , doh go no carnival fete, and get $500 tt for a national team appearance to keep people happy. Steups again

We must say your post is ah descent contribution tuh dis thread also, yuh have some points dey dat will make people think fuh ah minute. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »

AND THIS IS THE REAL REASON...BOSS POST FANTASTIC.....

Touches, yuh post eloquent and interesting as usual, BUT, your points are just symptoms of the real reason.......

Our players, and probably our local coaches are NOT MOTIVATED, unless they have to be. The fans neither (except us peongs here) ;D

The topic should really be, how can we motivate our players people to demand excellence from themselves at all times. How can we develop a competitive mindset?

Dangle a million dollars in front these guys and send them to play Costa Rica again, and not one Costa Rican coming past half line. Fitness is not really the problem. Them men playing football all their lives. Yuh think off the ball runs is something new? Yuh does get ketch with that as a team when yuh pardners eh running hard too and yuh eh focused.

We need to ask ourselves how come the last WC team, with 1 point after 3 games could suddenly play so much better ball when they had to. Did they suddenly get fitter? We had to beat Mexico. Look what happened. We had to beat Guatemala. Yes we did. Was that new coaching tactics or was it a new mindset by the players. Could it be that the players were more motivated to play? YES!! I believe so.

So the question really is, how to motivate each individual player to want to play his best. There is a different motivation button to press for each man, and it is up to the coaching staff to learn what these buttons are.

OUR TEAM NEEDS A PSYCHOLOGIST!
Two islands are better than one.

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »

Who has been teaching players how to be professionals in T&T?  So how dey go learn

When have we had a professionally run Federation?  So hoe we go be organized. 

Tpuches  yuh mentio de unprofessional behaviours a Yorle and latas....who enable and encourage dat>  All dem coaches allow dem to do wha dey want.  Who bring in dem shitty as coaches?  Jack and de TTFF...de ting start from de top and jes like de real shit dat it is...it slide downwards!

We have ah coach who jes bad talking de league..alyuh miss that part ah Coops post ent?

Listen we need coaches who are professional and who will impart knowledge to the players...jes not on technique, but o heart, dedication and professionalism.

As Pat Riley said..he doh look at players and tell dem what they are, he job is tuh tell dem and show dem what they can become....Wim eh doing NONE ah dat!

We could learn a lot from a 4=0 drubbing, But dis coach teaching de wrong tings, he making de fellas feel de shitty and dey go jes live up to his expectations!

I want to know what responsibility he is taking for the cut arse?  Captain de ship sinking, and like de rats and dem, he finding life jacket, rope and jumping overboard. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 08:35:26 PM by truetrini »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:39 PM »

Who has been teaching players how to be professionals in T&T? So how dey go learn

When have we had a professionally run Federation? So hoe we go be organized.

Tpuches yuh mentio de unprofessional behaviours a Yorle and latas....who enable and encourage dat> All dem coaches allow dem to do wha dey want. Who bring in dem shitty as coaches? Jack and de TTFF...de ting start from de top and jes like de real shit dat it is...it slide downwards!

We have ah coach who jes bad talking de league..alyuh miss that part ah Coops post ent?

Listen we need coaches who are professional and who will impart knowledge to the players...jes not on technique, but o heart, dedication and professionalism.

As Pat Riley said..he doh loo at players and tell dem what they are, he job is tuh tell dem and show dem what they can become....Wim eh doing NONE ah dat!

We could learn a lot from a 4=0 drubbing, But dis coach teaching de wrong tings, he making de fellas feel de shitty and dey go jes live up to his expectations!

I want to know what responsibility he is taking for the cut arse? Captain de ship sinking, and like de rats and dem, he finding life jacket, rope and jumping overboard.

TT at his bess oui... Riley was a real insightful and intelligent coach, he knew how tuh get into the players minds and make dem see a diff side of the game, a side that made them into winners.. :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:38:41 PM »
ent is de same ting Beenie do with de world cup squad?

All dem players say dat he ahd dem feeling dey could compete, dat they could rise up?

so wha head wim on?

steups
Like coops said, it eh have no way dat Bora could say de shit dat wim talking about Jamaica...instead ah talking ka-ka Bora coaching all kinda youth teams and looking at de locals.  And I could care less if Bora successful eh, de fact is he doing he wuk and he supporting he team.

Wim leaving to go and look at players overseas///steups...I hear all kinda BS but dat take de cake and de pastel oui.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »

Wim leaving to go and look at players overseas///steups...I hear all kinda BS but dat take de cake and de pastel oui.

doh twist it nuh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »

doh twist it nuh

if ah twist it, den it go be ah pretzel

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 11:15:28 PM »

doh twist it nuh

if ah twist it, den it go be ah pretzel
At my age dis make mi giggle : ;D
Two islands are better than one.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 11:46:30 PM »

AND THIS IS THE REAL REASON...BOSS POST FANTASTIC.....

Touches, yuh post eloquent and interesting as usual, BUT, your points are just symptoms of the real reason.......

Our players, and probably our local coaches are NOT MOTIVATED, unless they have to be. The fans neither (except us peongs here) ;D

The topic should really be, how can we motivate our players people to demand excellence from themselves at all times. How can we develop a competitive mindset?

Dangle a million dollars in front these guys and send them to play Costa Rica again, and not one Costa Rican coming past half line. Fitness is not really the problem. Them men playing football all their lives. Yuh think off the ball runs is something new? Yuh does get ketch with that as a team when yuh pardners eh running hard too and yuh eh focused.

We need to ask ourselves how come the last WC team, with 1 point after 3 games could suddenly play so much better ball when they had to. Did they suddenly get fitter? We had to beat Mexico. Look what happened. We had to beat Guatemala. Yes we did. Was that new coaching tactics or was it a new mindset by the players. Could it be that the players were more motivated to play? YES!! I believe so.

So the question really is, how to motivate each individual player to want to play his best. There is a different motivation button to press for each man, and it is up to the coaching staff to learn what these buttons are.

OUR TEAM NEEDS A PSYCHOLOGIST!

De difference between Touches post and Fantastic post is dat Touches show us de problems and was on point like a MotherFadder ...
Fantastic however gave us a glimpse at de solution. De dutch man just reach, he just seeing de problem if he was more of a PSYCHOLOGIST he woulda have also been able to get to de solution. Isnt he  mediocre as well?  Yuh  get what yuh pay for.
If de players resources are mediocre den yuh get mediocre players. If yuh only have mediocre money for a coach, yuh get a mediocre coach.
So for what we put in, where players and coaches are concerned, I am satisfied. If we want better, we have to do better.

Yuh Cant get sheep from goat.....  A note to Truetrini... doh expect Klinsman or Ferguson type physqi or technique when all yuh pay for is Wim. remember de rule yuh get what yuh pay for and Wim was somebody's assistant last year.

Having said that I still think we did good accquiring a coach for what we were willing to put out. (who knows maybe Wim running at 50% capacity as well and dont even know it) ;D ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 02:26:05 AM »

We need an Eastern Caribbean Football Federation.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 05:07:13 AM »
It seems like we forever learning,but could never apply anything properly,is either we head real hard or is dunce we dunce so...................

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 06:44:40 AM »
After hearing very good comments on how we can learn from our defeat i want to make some statements on how we cannot learn.

We know the standard and level of our players/Coaches,Leagues etc etc that's why we brought in foreign Coaches,we got them here because we need help we don't want to hear what we already know,all these guys doing is criticizing our Football,we does talk about Jamaica if that was Jamaica you never hear that Bora can't entertain that thought,listen to his comments over there,he even working with their Youth team,these guys have to come up with better excuses,i just don't think even if it's reality that Coaches should be saying these things to a league or players.

Wim said he looking for more talent can anyone tell me what more we have,i sympathise with our coaching staffs they are between a Rock and a hard place because you can't work with what you don't have.For the size of our country is only so far we can reach in Football,do some ppl expect us to be a world power?since i following Football is the same countrys that dominateing does that tell us something.

We myopic if we look at the 4 nil loss to CR as a single entity.
Coop's hit the nail on the head.
Listen the big thing about having a foriegn coach who is well paid should be the change in how football is played at all levels in this country.
The coach's neck should be on the line for failure if he is not seen to be making an effort that comensurates to his package.
Wim has been the head coach of this team since July 2006 and he has had opportunities to really start the painfull process of changing attitudes locally , has he done that?
Maybe his way is by belittling the local players by saying in essence that they are not up to it.
Some of you here will not remember that in most of our football history our players were amatuer or semi professional at best , however we produced teams that were as good as or even better than the 2006 team ( '73 an strike squad).
I have serious problems with the coach and forumites laying all our football hopes on foriegn based.   8) 8)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 08:10:02 AM »
Excellent topic as usual pardners!

Does this team really learn from a drubbing? That question is not really as easy to answer as one would think.

Quite frankly i dont think that we do!!

How many of you remember the game against Austria?  It was a game played just as simply as the one against Costa Rica (maybe without the tricks and flicks).

All Austria did was pass the ball and run into the space.  Costa Rica did that as well, but just they did it with a little more flair.

We should be thankfull for making a world cup, after years of ghosting behind the dummy runs of all the central american football teams, we still cant seem to learn from the experience and move on.

Thank the Lord for Stern John's goal and Yorke's midfield drive!!

We just not good enough.  The sooner we recognise that, is the faster our football will move on.  People come here and scrutinize how we play and think that we should be competing and beating teams like USA and Mexico and in my opinion we should be happy if we are not played off the park.

Look at our administration.........who saw making the world cup as an avenue to make some money rather than an opportunity to solidify our stance as an emerging football nation.

I am not saying that we should not strive for excellence, but sometimes i think that we have too much expectation for our team.

We cant blame the coach.................each player, each supporter, each administrator, each parent etc needs to stand and take it upon his/herself to help improve our game and stop looking for excuses!!

anyways........onto chile

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »
I might get cuss for this eh, but...

What so wrong with the coach telling de players dey eh good enough?

What so wrong with him saying dat de PFL eh up to standard?

When yuh stand back and compare to de better CONCACAF opponents and de other countries we aspire to compete with (WC) isn't it de 4-kin TRUTH?

So should de coach SUGAR COAT it? Or.... nah, he supposed to find a POLITICALLY CORRECT way to say it.

Is OK for man to come on de forum and say it, but de coach, de man whose job it is to interact with the players on a regular basis cannot say it.

On de job, if yuh not performing up to par, de boss supposed to find a way to politically-sugar-coat telling yuh yuh not performing?

Please, some of the more eloquent among us, please suggest how Wim might tell the players that dey not at de required standard and de PFL not at the level to produce competent national players to compete with CR, Mex and US, and heaven forbid, when we cross de pond, England, Germany and Czech.
Toujour Pret!

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:38 AM »
so if I hire you slates to teach ah set ah dunce chirren....yuh go keep teling dem dey dunce and dey eh go be god enuff to pass exams?

or yuh go encourage and teach?

And if dey cyar learn den yuh should resign..becasue yuh cyar teach!

1]; } ?>