April 19, 2024, 07:57:33 AM

Author Topic: UNCAF Results  (Read 6923 times)

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
UNCAF Results
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
If anyone is interested, there is some results:

Guatemala 1 - Nicaragua 0

El Salvador 2 - Belize 1

In both games, the favorites suffered to win, specially Guatemala.

Games for tomorrow:

Costa Rica vs Honduras

Thats all for now!!!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:02:27 PM by sting_pana »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: UNCAF Results
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:06:03 PM »
i saw the nic, gua match...it seems like the T&T digicel squad is somewhere in the middle of these 2 teams (competence wise).

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »

I saw part of the El Salvador - Believe 1st half.

Belize made it easy for them...gaps everywhere for the quick passing....some open shots from outside.

Digicel squad cud probably score on El Salvador...might concede if they don't cover off the ball runs closely and allow them to run around.  Only saw piece so hard to tell how much effort El Salvador was really putting out but they score first after pressuring for some time.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 02:05:47 AM »

I saw more that half of each match.  Guat midfield and attacking seems competent but their defense is poor. Nicaragua had a couple of chances but they were not capable of finishing. Nicaragua was also poorer than expected.

Did not expect a strong showing from Belize, but they  played much better than I expected.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:57:01 AM »
El Salvador seems slightly better than Guatemala. However, based on how they played last night, they would be in big trouble against TnT, Haiti, Jamaica, or Cuba. Against Guatemala, my money would be on Guyana, Martinique, or Guadeloupe. (That's all based on how they played last night).
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »

I saw more that half of each match.  Guat midfield and attacking seems competent but their defense is poor. Nicaragua had a couple of chances but they were not capable of finishing. Nicaragua was also poorer than expected.

Did not expect a strong showing from Belize, but they  played much better than I expected.

I believe Belize only needs a good coach to become the next panama in Central America. Individually, they were ok. However, as a team, they were clueless as to what to do with the ball once they had it. Their goalie is tall and has good reflexes. If given a chance in a stronger league, he will develop into a world class goalkeeper.

Nicaragua is apparently weaker than Belize. However, they have a greater understanding of football than their fellow minnows of Belize. They were more organized and were even able to stage some well thought counterattacks. Their weakness was not in their legs, but in their mind. They seem to accept that it's normal for them to lose to Guatemala.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:21:15 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:41:14 PM »

El Salvador and Guatemala have just qualified for the Gold Cup:

2007 CONCACAF GOLD CUP™ QUALIFICATION
Central American Zone – Copa de Naciones Digicel 2007 de UNCAF

San Salvador, EL SALVADOR; Cuscatlán Stadium
Group 1
10.02.2007: BELIZE – GUATEMALA 0:1 (0:1)
Gustavo CABRERA 7’
R: Rolando VIDAL (PAN)

EL SALVADOR – NICARAGUA 2:1 (1:0)
Eliseo QUINTANILLA 16’, 65’ – Samuel Israel WILSON 53'

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 11:10:22 PM »

Honduras lost to Costa Rica. Nonetheless the Honduran team is very good. Almost every player on the Honduran team is technically competent, and they are fast.  That Honduran team  can  beat  TnT, Haiti, or  Guyana.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

Honduras lost to Costa Rica. Nonetheless the Honduran team is very good. Almost every player on the Honduran team is technically competent, and they are fast.  That Honduran team  can  beat  TnT, Haiti, or  Guyana.

Honduras is the most impressive team in the tournament. As a matter of fact, I believe they can also beat USA or Mexico at home. Their 1-3 loss was one of those matches where the best team loses. Costa Rica, on the other hand, is not a weak team at all. They have strong defence and some good strykers; but, they were outplayed by the Hondurans who are individually more talented. In the GC, I would predict a draw for either Haiti, TnT, or Cuba against Costa Rica, but a victory for Honduras against those same CFU teams.

Guatemala and El Salvador would both lose to Haiti, TnT, Cuba, or even Guadeloupe if they were to play those CFU teams this week. SVG and Guyana would also beat Guatemala. Thus, it's unfair that teams like El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, and Nicaragua only have to win one or two matches to qualify for the Gold cup whereas Jamaica, Martinique, Guyana, Barbados, and SVG had to go to so much troubles just to miss the big event.

Anyway, I expect more than one CFU team to make the 1/4finals and at least one to reach the semis.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:40:58 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
Outside of Costa Rica and Honduras...I am not impressed with any of the other teams playing. Suffice to say, I am yet to see Panama play a game in this tournament. Honduras' result vs Costa Rica didnt tell the true picture...and this is the problem with Honduras..they have great players...but they seem to be lacking in certain critical areas of their game. They have a striker who have been playing in Serie A for about 6 years now (Suazo)....played and scored today for Cagliari...I believe he is their leading scorer this season..as well as their captian.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »

Honduras is the most impressive team in the tournament. As a matter of fact, I believe they can also beat USA or Mexico at home. Their 1-3 loss was one of those matches where the best team loses. Costa Rica, on the other hand, is not a weak team at all. They have strong defence and some good strykers; but, they were outplayed by the Hondurans who are individually more talented. In the GC, I would predict a draw for either Haiti, TnT, or Cuba against Costa Rica, but a victory for Honduras against those same CFU teams.

Guatemala and El Salvador would both lose to Haiti, TnT, Cuba, or even Guadeloupe if they were to play those CFU teams this week. SVG and Guyana would also beat Guatemala. Thus, it's unfair that teams like El Salvador, Guatemala, Belize, and Nicaragua only have to win one or two matches to qualify for the Gold cup whereas Jamaica, Martinique, Guyana, Barbados, and SVG had to go to so much troubles just to miss the big event.

Anyway, I expect more than one CFU team to make the 1/4finals and at least one to reach the semis.
I agree with your analysis of the central Amer teams.

How would you fix the perceived unfairness of the long qualification procedure for CFU teams? A head-to-head knock out competition  can shorten the schedule. However head-to-head, instead of the group play, does not allow for proper evaluation; and group play gives the teams more international experience. More GC slots  for the region?

Offline Jean

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 07:47:39 PM »
Guys CFU staff has to start to think differently:

How come Jamaica is out? Even though I dont like them. For sure, Jack is responsible(maybe he tried to block Haiti - maybe wcup74 story going on!!!). Guys, I will back my saying:

1st round:
Haiti and Jamaica in the same group- 2 of the 4 best team in the region While you have 6 groups at the same stage. They purposely created 5 other groups that were umbalanced. Jack miscalculated his stuff and I can not believe that with power of Jamaica in CFu, they accepted this. Anyway, They paid badly. No way, US will never accept to be in the pool of Mexico at the first round of the GC. Only underveloping country will acccept this.

2nd Round
Jack still kept going after Haiti he changed the draw and he put Haiti again in the toughest group. Haiti, Cuba and Martinique in the same group while there were 2 others umbalanced group. All three were finalist at Caribean Cup and all three have been participated at GC many times. Haiti survived and hardly qualified for the finals.
Guys, this can not be a coincidence it is a well tought thing.

The consequence is very bad for CFU...CFU itself is trying to prevent its best team to participate. Jamaica should be at the place of Guadeloupe if they were not at the tough group at the early stage. So if  we had our best teams and we (caribbean teams) make semi-finals constantly at GC. then we can require a playoff for the fifth place with Uncaf. Definitely, JA could have represented us better than Guadeloupe.

Anyway, I definitely hope that Ja learned its lesson and will never accept this anymore. I personally talked to the President of the Haitian Federation after the draw, he was mad and he told me if he had power he will never tolerate this. Ja badly underestimated its opponents.

Guys by the way for the last 3 wcups qualifications..Jack always makes sure that Haiti meets either Ja, Trinidad and Cuba at early stage to prevent Haiti reaches last 12 best teams while St Kitts and St Vincent always passed. This time we Haitians prepare for Jack plans with Basooka...I hope he brings Trinidad..to make it paid very badly!

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »
Nicaragua 4 - Belize 2

Panama 1 - Honduras 1

'25 Ubaldo Guardia own goal (0-1)
'64 Carlos Rivera (1-1)

Costa Rica Qualified to the Gold Cup.

Stats for now:
1. Costa Rica 3 pts +2
2. Panama 1 pts +0
3. Honduras 1 pts -2

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 08:41:27 PM »

How come Jamaica is out? Even though I dont like them. For sure, Jack is responsible(maybe he tried to block Haiti - maybe wcup74 story going on!!!). Guys, I will back my saying:

1st round:
Haiti and Jamaica in the same group- 2 of the 4 best team in the region While you have 6 groups at the same stage. They purposely created 5 other groups that were umbalanced. Jack miscalculated his stuff and I can not believe that with power of Jamaica in CFu, they accepted this. Anyway, They paid badly. No way, US will never accept to be in the pool of Mexico at the first round of the GC. Only underveloping country will acccept this.

2nd Round
Jack still kept going after Haiti he changed the draw and he put Haiti again in the toughest group. Haiti, Cuba and Martinique in the same group while there were 2 others umbalanced group. All three were finalist at Caribean Cup and all three have been participated at GC many times. Haiti survived and hardly qualified for the finals.

The consequence is very bad for CFU...CFU itself is trying to prevent its best team to participate. Jamaica should be at the place of Guadeloupe if they were not at the tough group at the early stage. So if  we had our best teams and we (caribbean teams) make semi-finals constantly at GC. then we can require a playoff for the fifth place with Uncaf. Definitely, JA could have represented us better than Guadeloupe.

Anyway, I definitely hope that Ja learned its lesson and will never accept this anymore. I personally talked to the President of the Haitian Federation after the draw, he was mad and he told me if he had power he will never tolerate this. Ja badly underestimated its opponents.

Guys by the way for the last 3 wcups qualifications..Jack always makes sure that Haiti meets either Ja, Trinidad and Cuba at early stage to prevent Haiti reaches last 12 best teams while St Kitts and St Vincent always passed. This time we Haitians prepare for Jack plans with Basooka...I hope he brings Trinidad..to make it paid very badly!

Jean can you kindly post your garbage on your Haitians sites.....anyone.... because I dunno if you'll have a football site.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »

1st round:

2nd Round

Jean, I suspect you will draw some very angry responses to your post above. Yes, Jamaica and Haiti always seem to be grouped together ...and the reason they will give perhaps is that Jamaica and Haiti are geographically only 120 miles apart...and Cuba too is only 90 miles away from Jamaica...

In terms of Jamaica not making it to the Gold Cup...they have themselves to blame really, no one else. When you face teams like St. Vincent...the result should ALWAYS be 3 points...playing at home.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 08:52:15 AM »
Jean, I believe both Haiti and Jamaica have enough power in the region to oppose certain decisions in CFU. Neither one seems to care. Jamaica suffers as much as Haiti does with those early clashes. BTW, having TnT plays those teams in early rounds would only add to the drama and considerably raise the casualties. Notice that the Jamaicans on this board rarely complain about these early encounters because they're often played in Jamaica only, giving them home advantage.

The real problem is that Concacaf officials often based their decisions on the locations of the teams instead of their current strenghts. If that same criterion was applied in Europe, you would always have France, Spain, England, Portugal, Holland, and Germany knocking each other out in early rounds of their competitions, while Teams like Sweden, Iceland, Finland, and Norway will always reach the final rounds of those competitions.

For example, it would be much better to have the top 12 CFU+UNCAF teams form 3 groups of 4. The winners and the runners-up of each group directly qualify for the GC while the 3 third place finishers join 9 qualifiers (winner and runner-up from qualifying rounds) to form 3 new groups of 4 for the remaining 3 GC berths. Weak teams like Belize and Nicaragua would no longer have a better chance to qualify to the GC than stronger CFU teams like Jamaica, as it is the case now.

(Jean, sispann chache neg yo kont san rezon. Tout neg la konnen Warner se magouye. Pa provoke yo).

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:33 AM »
Agree with the Haitians and Jamaicans on this last point, well to a point.

I dont think JW tries to sabotage Ja or Haiti purposefully.

When last I checked, he doesnt just pencil in these games himself.

But Ja, Haiti and St vincent should never be in a first round group for CFU qualification.

But then what do you go on? Rankings? Garbage.

U either just have to have draws and hope for the best or be subjective to an extent and create your own matchups,,,,, which will cause more debate than anything else.

That being said, all the teams that did make it to the finals in T&T performed credibly...No one was blown out as in the recent past.

But being subjective here, teams like T&T, Ja, Haiti and Cuba should always be in these competitions...
Kinda like how the US, Mex and Canada are automatic Gold Cup teams....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »
piss piss piss....did jack block haiti in 73??? stinking so and sos...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 11:13:47 AM »
Good Morning Guys,

I am old enough to know when TT had to play Suriname in early WC qualify. We used to ketch we nenen. The teams were evenly match. Nobody used to complain. Suriname has dropped drastically. They are not the power that they use to be. Everyone should look at the past qualifications and see that TT has played early qualifying against Haiti, CR, Honduras, Quatemala and Jamaica, Canada, and the US. In recent times I am not doubting that Jack do manipulated the draw.

I think the GC should have 16 teams. This is the only time the teams in the region get to meet. Do not stop the weak teams from getting a chance. In Europe, Lux, Andorra, San Marino, Cyprus does be on the receiving end, but say wha, they still get the opportunity to play the big guns. The North Americans and Cent. Amer. does diss the Carib. teams. The big teams in the Caribbean now seem to have that same attitude against the weaker opponents. So what if the US drop 24 on Dominica. Play Ball, man

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »
Good Morning Guys,

I am old enough to know when TT had to play Suriname in early WC qualify. We used to ketch we nenen. The teams were evenly match. Nobody used to complain. Suriname has dropped drastically. They are not the power that they use to be. Everyone should look at the past qualifications and see that TT has played early qualifying against Haiti, CR, Honduras, Quatemala and Jamaica, Canada, and the US. In recent times I am not doubting that Jack do manipulated the draw.

I think the GC should have 16 teams. This is the only time the teams in the region get to meet. Do not stop the weak teams from getting a chance. In Europe, Lux, Andorra, San Marino, Cyprus does be on the receiving end, but say wha, they still get the opportunity to play the big guns. The North Americans and Cent. Amer. does diss the Carib. teams. The big teams in the Caribbean now seem to have that same attitude against the weaker opponents. So what if the US drop 24 on Dominica. Play Ball, man

Agreed.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
Good Morning Guys,

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 09:56:55 PM »
Panama 1 - Costa Rica 0

Alberto Blanco '86

Final Stats:
1. Panama 4 pts +1
2. Costa Rica 3 pts +1
3. Honduras 1 pts -2

Panama quialify to Gold Cup and semifinals with Costa Rica
Honduras eliminated in the UNCAF CUp but need an extra game with Nicaragua to pass to Gold Cup!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 09:59:24 PM »
Panama 1 - Costa Rica 0

Alberto Blanco '86

Final Stats:
1. Panama 4 pts +1
2. Costa Rica 3 pts +1
3. Honduras 1 pts -2

Honduras eliminated in the UNCAF CUp but need an extra game with Nicaragua to pass to Gold Cup!

Well, well....Congrats Panama.......
Two islands are better than one.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »
Panama 1 - Costa Rica 0

Alberto Blanco '86

Final Stats:
1. Panama 4 pts +1
2. Costa Rica 3 pts +1
3. Honduras 1 pts -2

Well, well....Congrats Panama.......

if panama could beat dem 1-0 and we lose 4-0, something wrong dey...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
do not be fooled costa rica had already qualified  for the gold cup. they beat honduras 3-1 and panama tied honduras 1-1 ...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:06:56 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »
Panama Goal against Costa Rica:

http://www.youtube.com/v/O8j1Lm5-oEE

See Ya fellas!!!

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
if panama could beat dem 1-0 and we lose 4-0, something wrong dey...

I will answer Your question!

Costa Rica don't have foreign player.....and They has played with his FULL squad with T&T, so thats the reason They beat 4 - 0.  When T&T played with Panama, Panama played with 1 foreign player of 8 in total and all the others local.

We beat Costa Rica in UNCAF with all of our foreign players in the squad.

See ya!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
When TT had the group of death ın 1996.........WC qualıfıers:
CR
Guatemala
TT
USA

and in 2001

Canada
Mexico
TT
Haiti

Nobody say anything about Jack then. Two WC qualıfiers in a row and we took it on the chin
without complaining.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 12:19:40 PM »
in 2001 it was:

we
mexico
canada
panama

in the WCQ semi round.

from UNCAF site:

honduras vs. nicaragua for 5th in UNCAP nations cup & final gold cup spot.

semis - panama vs. GUA
CRC vs. el salvador

Luego de disputarse por completo la Fase de Clasificación, las llaves Semifinales de la Copa de Naciones Digicel 2007 de UNCAF quedaron completamente definidas.

El partido por el Quinto Lugar será disputado entre las Selecciones Nacionales Mayores de Honduras y Nicaragua, el ganador obtendrá el último boleto que este torneo otorga a la Copa Oro 2007.

Este partido está programado para el próximo jueves.

El próximo viernes, se jugarán ambos partidos de la ronda Semifinal. A primera hora Panamá se enfrentará a Guatemala y en el partido de fondo jugarán El Salvador y Costa Rica.

Los cuatro Semifinalistas ya están clasificados a la Copa Oro y únicamente queda por definir un boleto.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »
When TT had the group of death ın 1996.........WC qualıfıers:
CR
Guatemala
TT
USA

and in 2001

Canada
Mexico
TT
Haiti

Nobody say anything about Jack then. Two WC qualıfiers in a row and we took it on the chin
without complaining.

Peace,
VB

VB it was Panama instead of Haiti... but yes he still had was to meet Haiti early just to get to that point... what bout we also meet jamaica early early in '92 to qualify for 94...

TnT always getting a tough draw... thais why i real battle them on bigsoccer when they bawl Jack tief to put we in de group with St Kitts and St Vincent....

I tell if he tief is about damn time!!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>